This site is for adults 18+ due to gambling/betting content. If you have a problem with gambling issues, or need information, please visit:
Gambling Help Online Gamblers Anonymous Gambling Therapy Gamble Aware Jugadores Anonimos JugarBIEN BeGambleAware GamCare

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > Soccer >
Internationals/Friendlies

Internationals/Friendlies
Analysis and discussions (and predictions) for Internationals and friendly soccer games.

PINNACLE - accept very large stakes! Low juice!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 05-06-18, 22:29   #1
litost

litost is on a distinguished road
Default GR B - 1st Round 15.06. 19:00 Portugal - Spain

15.06. 19:00 Portugal - Spain 4.96 3.52 2.00

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 11-06-18, 12:45   #2
litost

under 2.25 1.82 medium stakes

iberian derby in wich low sc draw and if anyone wins it should be by an edge could end up being the result ... spain .. at time shas problesm with depht ... their possesion style ass their main def weapon .. not atacking ... while i rat eportugal one of dark horses .. underated by pundits and bookies alike ... good blend of good team spirits - shown at euro - .. qulity youth and exp at all lines .... this is tough group ..being both favs shall leave the fireworks for follwoing games ....
Old 12-06-18, 21:47   #3
sirac

sirac is on a distinguished road

Yep by all means this sounds like underish affair, a game that noone wants to lose. Portugal prolly
set-up defensive tactics to close the shop like they did in Belgium friendly and they are damn good at it. Spain not really connecting at all cilindres as of yet, struggling to create, at least they didnt looked particulary frighting in last 2 friendlies vs Switzerland and Tunisia. They will have possesion, lots of useless passes, Portugal deep in their half, really all the ingrediants for a 0-0 kind of game unless foolish mistakes at the back or wonder goals.
Old 13-06-18, 11:49   #4
Prija
Super Moderator

Prija is on a distinguished road

Lopetegui sacked and odds on Portugal dropping like a stone. Portuguese could use this to get something in the opener, they don't look much weaker to me even without this drama.
Old 13-06-18, 13:29   #5
WiserthantheCrowd

WiserthantheCrowd is on a distinguished road

Now is the time to buy Spain... Spain DNB looks like a very good bet to me. I don't think the sacking of Lopetegui will have any impact on the game - none whatsoever... I've said it elsewhere but the Portuguese team looks very overrated to me. Their CB's are aged, their MF isn't creative, Ronaldo is still good but not in his prime... If this was the last match day, both sides might have settled for a draw and sat back but I don't see that happening. I would not exclude a draw but Spain are a much likelier winner for me.

Last edited by WiserthantheCrowd; 13-06-18 at 13:33.
WiserthantheCrowd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-18, 13:43   #6
Miccho

Miccho is on a distinguished road

I totally agree with Wiser here. Spain DNB looks promising.

I see Portugal struggling to beat even Morocco and Iran, they are too conservative when going forward. Spain midfield with a lot more creativity than the likes of Joao Mario (one of the most anti-football midfielder to play at top level, together with Andre Gomes), Adrian Silva etc.
Miccho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-18, 13:56   #7
Prija
Super Moderator

Prija is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiserthantheCrowd View Post
Now is the time to buy Spain... Spain DNB looks like a very good bet to me. I don't think the sacking of Lopetegui will have any impact on the game - none whatsoever... I've said it elsewhere but the Portuguese team looks very overrated to me. Their CB's are aged, their MF isn't creative, Ronaldo is still good but not in his prime... If this was the last match day, both sides might have settled for a draw and sat back but I don't see that happening. I would not exclude a draw but Spain are a much likelier winner for me.
I disagree here regardless of Lopetegui situation. Portugal has a winning coach leading them and would have the edge here either way. Ronaldo was brilliant whole CL campaign, he is still pretty much dominant, and now he finally has some help in attacking third with Bernardo Silva and Guedes. This being a first game, both teams should be cautious, and in the end would sign up for a draw. Hence, supporting Portugal on +0.5 handicap is the only way for me.
Old 13-06-18, 15:28   #8
litost

i agree with prija ...

tough my analysis of spain is biased both ways ... i doubt portugal cant be such underdog .. now even more ... all turmoil may affect player in focus ..
for this first one ...

old defenders ... age was never a huge factor in minus with central defender ..exp is a plus for them usually ..

lack creativity ┐?┐ i do not know all squad but portie footballer are usually quite sharp in that department ... actually silva play close to midfield .. theyll probably play like spain at 10┤with two tactical ones .... then free rol for carcking units like silva guedes and CR ....

now reg spain and new coach and situation i┤d not write us off to achieve same results like f.i reach last 4 wich would be success sort of ..... whatever circumstances ..

zidane and his rather laclustre tactics at some times-..,, im not saying hes the worst coach ... but hes cert not in a top 20 id think off just from the one coaching top sides ...
managed to win 3 straight CL .... so clearly other factors aply ... at knock out ..competition ..

hierro is a guy that can talk with players and that has strong personality enough to at least distate smthg .. and at the end 5 or 6 players on starting line up will have had behind their back hundred of top games through career so they may very well self manage ....

probably people writing off spain takes presure off and benefits .... all factor togueter make players be more united ...

Last edited by litost; 13-06-18 at 15:41.
litost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-18, 21:34   #9
Cuore2010
Freshman

Cuore2010 is an unknown quantity at this point

I also see Portugal much stronger than on other times (far better than at Euro, where they won how they won...)

Ronaldo finally has some support upfront with Guedes there, who may become one of the nice surprises of the tournament.

I watched all Spain & Portugal friendlies before this World Cup and I am impressed by how much Portugal changed their gameplay (from a static team to a rather offensive and fast team). They played well offensively agains Tunisia (who has impressive defensively vs. Spain), at the same level with Belgium (draw) and totally distroyed Algeria (3-0, could have scored more)

They also have a decent bench now, with Andre Silva, Joao Mario and, why not, Quaresma for support.

Last edited by Cuore2010; 13-06-18 at 22:06.
Cuore2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-18, 22:12   #10
WiserthantheCrowd

WiserthantheCrowd is on a distinguished road

I don't get the love for Portugal but I've got to respect Prija and Litost who are smart cookies... For me, however, Portugal are the most overrated side at the WC (which happens to be in the same group with what I consider the most underrated side namely Morocco)... In qualifying they finished on the same point score with Switzerland (but beat them on goal difference) and I believe that is a realistic reflection of where they're at - on par with Switzerland... Overall that's not bad but for me they're just not in the first tier of European football (i.e. Germany, Spain and France followed by Belgium and then England)... They got on a very lucky run at the Euros but that's not likely to repeat itself... Sure Ronaldo still is good, the stats show that he's scored as many goals this season as in the past. But these days, he's pretty much just a penalty box striker no longer a winger. He needs the balls to come from MF. And I'm not sure the Portuguese MF will deliver... Guedes and Silva are good but not world class. They're not lethal upfront... Portugal are good at defense but the key players are aging, the midfield is uninspiring and lacks creativity. The attacks are cross-heavy and rely on Ronaldo... The whole system is very defensive and lacks dynamism... My hunch is that Spain and Morocco will beat them and that they will be packing their bags sooner rather than later... But I'm not going to bet much on this match since I've already taken Spain and Morocco to advance at what I consider to be juicier odds...

Last edited by WiserthantheCrowd; 13-06-18 at 22:43.
WiserthantheCrowd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-18, 22:31   #11
rogumu

rogumu is on a distinguished road

Portugal DC already taken couple of days ago 1.98.
rogumu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-18, 18:47   #12
MarianoV6

MarianoV6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Italian referee Gianluca Rocchi will officiate Portugal vs Spain

for his stats, here

http://forum.bettingadvice.com/showthread.php?t=110143
MarianoV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-18, 21:49   #13
di canio

di canio has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Seems like is a total chaos inside Spain camp. Just read that it was a huge conflict between Ramos and the president of the Federation over Lotepegui situation. Usually this bad atmosphere brings bad results. Portugal is a team with a couple of skilled players that can score at any time. I don't see them loosing tomorrow. So, hosts dnb (2.80) is my choice.
di canio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-18, 08:32   #14
waterbug
Freshman

waterbug is on a distinguished road

hey mates, anyone knows about the Spain players mind about sack the coach?low moral team usually get bad result. if they lose on purpose to make football president resign? just based on team overall, Spain dnb is good choice,but if Spain do not play well on purpose?
waterbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-18, 10:12   #15
MarianoV6

Haven't take my final decision yet but Spain to win by 1 goal difference at 3,60 is my option (0-1 or 1-2 is fine by me)
Old 15-06-18, 10:24   #16
Pep004
Freshman

Pep004 is on a distinguished road

Follow World Cup 2018 on*https://footalyct.com/blog/

Morocco -0,5 @2,34 Pinnacle

I've been looking at Uruguay, hoping that odds will go higher when Egypt announced that Salah is ready to play, but odds dropped even harder... On this match, I see no reason of odds going*up on Morocco as for me, besides Senegal they are the strongest African team on this tournament. Both teams had a successful qualification cycle, but competition in Africa is simply tougher, so it counts more for my opinion. With Belhanda, Z, yech and Harit behind the striker, with experienced Benatia leading their defense,*I see Morocco as a serious threat in the group, waiting for a fail of Portugal or Spain. I think that in several groups, they would have very very good chances of qualifying, but unfortunately, they came*in*the group with two very strong European teams. Therefore, the draw isn't an option for either of those two teams. Both have to win all three points and hoping on a surprise against one of the favorized teams in the second or third match.

Without underestimating Queiroz and his team, I see them playing extremely defensively, trying to cover all the gaps and try with counters, especially over Azmoun and Jahanbakhsh. They cannot count on suspended midfielder Ezatolahi, which means that veteran Shoajei might have a chance to start. Even considering the bench, Renard will have much better options than Queiroz and I simply see odds above 2,34 very valuable.

I see Morocco causing too many problems on flanks, with Ziyech and Harit, while Belhanda will probably take the number 10 role and help Kaabi or Boutaib from the second plan. I see it as a 1 or 2-0 win for Morocco.
Pep004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-18, 11:05   #17
Miccho

In the end of the day, I go with Under 2.25 and Draw

Portugal should copy their approach from the friendly in Brussels from ten days ago. I wrote about it - defensive play, all the lines close together, closing down any spaces. Trying to slow down the game deliberately, many backward and horizontal passes.

Spain also are not fond of too direct football, plus they lack some spark in the final 3rd. Both teams feel they should go out of this group relatively easy, it is also not clear whether 1st or 2nd place will give you a better opponent (it could be that 1st place will give u Uruguay at 1/8 finals). A draw should be a good result for both.
Old 15-06-18, 11:37   #18
Macot
Super Moderator

Macot is on a distinguished road

My final decision is Portugal 1X.
I connected that with Egypt to score in a nice double.
Old 15-06-18, 15:03   #19
MarianoV6

http://www.goal.com/en-sg/news/ronal...c1gsalatlk5f00

Cristiana might be more relaxed tonight after this
Old 15-06-18, 20:57   #20
bardo

bardo is on a distinguished road

3-3
very well match... I do not have a favorite representation in World Cup expect any representation to surprise...etc. but C. Ronaldo it's the best footballer in fit form!
bardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-18, 21:02   #21
sirac

My God what a cracker. Stunning goal from Nacho, one of best goals of WC history. But was it me or Portugal looked absolutelly outclassed in midfield, they looked like having no idea how to handle the pace of Isco and Silva and the quality of Iniesta. They were saved by Spain blunders, two absolutelly gifted goals. Portugal as quality no doubt but they are not in the same group of elite like Spain is imo. If Spain fixes that defensive issues they are in for a long run because even Costa looked like learned to play this tiki-taka but trio in midfield was top-notch.
Old 15-06-18, 21:06   #22
Palini

Palini is on a distinguished road

This game just show how ****ed up world fotball is today, mentally. Instead of keep on attacking and scoring 4-2, 5-2 and maybe even 6-2, Spain stopped attacking all togeher, just played the ball around, not even interested in scoring, and gets 3-3 in their ass instead and it serves them right, imho. They outclassed Portugal, then why the heck not just keep on scoring? Stupid tikki takka.... No, I did not lose any money on Spain tonight.
Old 15-06-18, 21:15   #23
sirac

Common Palini you just being a fan here. Yes they could have done that but you know what big teams gonna do in group stages, you know their number 1 priority is to pass the group with minimum energy spent. Teams to eye for the long run wont throw themselves all in from furst game especially in a group like this which looks easy on paper for iberic duo. Its not stupid what they have done its common sense and logical. This draw wont hurt them at all.
Old 15-06-18, 21:18   #24
Palini

You have the same mind **** going on, my friend. It will not require more energy to attack instead of just play the ball around. They will of course qualify anyhow, but that still doesn't explain why they gave this match away, which they did. It was stupid, imho.
Old 15-06-18, 21:25   #25
nakedtons

nakedtons has a little shameless behaviour in the past

2 blunders from De Gea. He should had saved that freekick from Ronaldo while the first error was quite similar to Robert Green's mistake against the USA in the 2010 World Cup. Spain was the better team and should had won if not for those stupid mistakes.
nakedtons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-18, 21:31   #26
sirac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palini View Post
You have the same mind **** going on, my friend. It will not require more energy to attack instead of just play the ball around. They will of course qualify anyhow, but that still doesn't explain why they gave this match away, which they did. It was stupid, imho.
You talking about physical aspect, im talking about mental aspect. Playing mentally relaxed its not the same thing as attacking full speed. You will definitelly save energy if you play relaxed. And they just saved energy for the big picture thats the way i see it. But that wasnt the only reason they gave the match away. Defensive issues were visible from the Moon, they dont look like a unit when they lose possesion.
Old 15-06-18, 21:41   #27
Palini

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirac View Post
You talking about physical aspect, im talking about mental aspect. Playing mentally relaxed its not the same thing as attacking full speed. You will definitelly save energy if you play relaxed. And they just saved energy for the big picture thats the way i see it. But that wasnt the only reason they gave the match away. Defensive issues were visible from the Moon, they dont look like a unit when they lose possesion.
This doesn't make any sense at all either. Which will make you more relaxed mentally? Leading by a slender 3-2 or by 5-2? Not to mention all the free energy, confidence and respect from future opponents you will gain (which will make your life sooooo much easier in the future, both mentally and physically) by beating Portugal say by 5-2.
Old 15-06-18, 21:43   #28
Miccho

I didn't expect this!

Anyway, Spain was clearly the better team. Very lucky goals for Portugal, while whenever Spain stepped onto the pedal, they absolutely cornered their opponent into their penalty area. Whenever this team decides to play fast tempo, they look like being able to open up any defense.

The worries that Costa won't fit well were completely disproved. Meanwhile, Portugal over-age center defense looked sub-par. Portugal showed fast transition from defense to attack, but I am still not so sure how well they will perform against compact defenses.
Old 15-06-18, 22:30   #29
sirac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palini View Post
This doesn't make any sense at all either. Which will make you more relaxed mentally? Leading by a slender 3-2 or by 5-2? Not to mention all the free energy, confidence and respect from future opponents you will gain (which will make your life sooooo much easier in the future, both mentally and physically) by beating Portugal say by 5-2.
Mate, youre just building stories in your head. It doesnt matter the score in a first group game when youre leading with 20 min to go and you have next opponents Iran and Morocco. Youre actually trying to understand what? Why didnt they go for the jugular when it was the most obvious thing to do? It was the most obvious thing to do in your opinion and for some reason you expected them to do that, hence the bitter post. In reality, they just chose to relax, maybe they were out of gas, maybe they decided to relax and not go for the jugular because they were leading and try to kill the game with useless possesion. But they decided to relax, spanish people know how to relax.
After such a game you chose not to relax but instead you chose to get bit nervous, because something which didnt suppose to happen, happened. I just hope you will chose to relax next time, because i know nordic people are very capable and have the know-how of relax.
Old 15-06-18, 22:35   #30
Macot
Super Moderator

Macot is on a distinguished road

Sirac I dont agree with you. A win here would mean first place in the group and having things under control is always better.
The problem is exactly what Palini pointed out: Spain started to tika taka, I even wrote that in Livescore, they stopped trying to score and to secure the win against groggy oponents. Now they can end second in the group and that can be significant.
It is about mentality, probably Palini`s mentality from the North and your mentality from the South really show what is actually visible on the football pitch. Germans like to go for a kill even agaisnt the best teams (Brasil 7-1) while Spain rather keeps things tight and try to defend the lead with slowing the game down... so I guess you two will never understand eachothers due to different mentality.
If we count titles of northern and southern countries though I would say the truth is somewhere in the middle, so I think you are both right on your different ways.

And me as a member of a Nation from somewhere in between understand you both.