This site is for adults 18+ due to gambling/betting content. If you have a problem with gambling issues, or need information, please visit:
Gambling Help Online Gamblers Anonymous Gambling Therapy Gamble Aware Jugadores Anonimos JugarBIEN BeGambleAware GamCare

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > Soccer >
Internationals/Friendlies

Internationals/Friendlies
Analysis and discussions (and predictions) for Internationals and friendly soccer games.

PINNACLE - accept very large stakes! Low juice!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 04-06-18, 02:13   #1
MarianoV6

MarianoV6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Statistics and other stuff

Lets see some statistics which may or may not lead to some bets.
MarianoV6 is offline   Reply With Quote

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 04-06-18, 02:28   #2
MarianoV6

Default When WC is being played in European ground

- So, when WC is being played in European ground which had happened 8 times after the WWII and with only one exception, the winner was from Europe. (the exception was Brazil at 1958 in Sweden).

- At the last 16, 75% was from Europe and at the last 4 European teams where 85%.

Of course those stats include a lot of history and many things have change since then, so lets look the last two WC in European ground.

- 1998, host country was France: The winner was France which played against Brasil at the final. Third team was Croatia and fourth was Netherlands

- 2006, host was Germany: The winner was Italy who played against France and won the title at penalty shoot-out. Germany was third while Portugal was fourth.

** The host countries in both cases where football giants and nowhere near Russia is there in my opinion. But this is not about who will win but European vs others when the host is from Europe.

Last edited by MarianoV6; 04-06-18 at 02:58.
Old 04-06-18, 02:38   #3
MarianoV6

Default All time Goalscorers

Currently the first place goes to Miroslav Klose with 16 goals while on the second place we can find Ronaldo (the real one) with 15 goals.

Most players who are at the board with at least 5 goals have stopped football but there are two players who have attracted my eyes and they are still active (the one not for long).

- Thomas Muller is at the group with 10 goals and assuming that this is his last WC, he may try to reach a higher place as with 2 goals he can catch the football giant Pele in fifth place.

- Another player that it is worth to have an eye on is the shinny star of the last WC i think, James Rodriguez. He has 6 goals at the moment and he is 27 years old. I assume that he has two more WC to play (this one and the next one) so he may try to reach also a higher place.

I will surely chase both to score as their opponents in the group stage are not so hard to conceive.

You can see here a list with all time scorers
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_W...op_goalscorers
Old 04-06-18, 02:58   #4
MarianoV6

Default Goals scored overall and per game

- In 1998 (France) we had 171 total goals and 2.67 per game

- in 2002 (Japan/South Korea) we had 161 total goals and 2.52 per game

- in 2006 (Germany) we had 147 total goals and 2.3 per game

- in 2010 (South Africa) we had 143 total goals and 2.23 per game

- in 2014 (Brazil) we had 171 total goals and 2.7 per game
Old 04-06-18, 03:20   #5
sirac

sirac is on a distinguished road

Dont know if its a serious stat but i heard Germany never won the WC twice in a row so we can exclude them from the list of the winners. But its not only that, i do think they have a great system, good coach and nice talent but the likes of Khedira, Ozil, Muller are getting older and not like the wine, still they are good players but not WC winners, i think they are downgrading.
Old 05-06-18, 12:41   #6
AHTOH.
Freshman

AHTOH. is on a distinguished road
Default World Cup 2018 Schedule Excel Template

I'm not sure if the right place to share you the chart is here, but I think it's quite useful for our bets. After you write the probable results, the table automatically calculates the final ranking and probable matches after the group stage. In the first tab you can choose the settings of your file - Language, GTM Time, Favourite Team and etc. You can download it here:
https://www104.zippyshare.com/v/MFHAqTXU/file.html

or a little bit below here: (FIFA World Cup 2018 Spreadsheets:
Schedule in Excel (120Kb))
http://www.excely.com/football/2018-...schedule.shtml
AHTOH. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-18, 17:40   #7
polojeb
Freshman

polojeb is on a distinguished road

dont forgot Russia its not that much like europe ground, you simple dont feel there like in standard western europe.
Hello Mariano, has been many years i saw you last time, hows goin with your life? everything okay? i mean the betting one mainly O:-) hope you doing well and crushing it!
polojeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-18, 18:33   #8
Palini

Palini is on a distinguished road

Deleted

Last edited by Palini; 05-06-18 at 19:40.
Palini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-18, 18:35   #9
Prija
Super Moderator

Prija is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palini View Post
- In 1994 (USA) we had 7 penalites

- In 1998 (France) we had 10 penalties

- in 2002 (Japan/South Korea) we had 14 penalties

- in 2006 (Germany) we had 5 penalties

- in 2010 (South Africa) we had 14 penalties

- in 2014 (Brazil) we had 13 penalties.

My prediction is that this will hit the roof this year. Maybe even as high as 25-30 penalties. I'm surprised by these low numbers of penalties and shocked there was only 5 (?!) awarded in the whole tournament in Germany 2006.
VAR should increase number of penalties too.
Old 05-06-18, 18:36   #10
Palini

Deleted

Last edited by Palini; 05-06-18 at 19:40.
Palini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-18, 18:39   #11
Palini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prija View Post
VAR should increase number of penalties too.
Ah, yes. Good point. I forgot about VAR. That will for sure be a game changer in many ways... I'm not just all sure how, but important to keep in mind if you are going to bet on totals.
Old 05-06-18, 19:09   #12
dakashev

dakashev is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
- In 1994 (USA) we had 7 penalites
From where is that stats mate ? Not sure how legit it's because in 1994 there were 14 penalties awarded throughout the whole tournament.

Last edited by dakashev; 05-06-18 at 19:14.
dakashev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-18, 19:40   #13
Palini

Obviously from a bad source. Nothing seems to be correct... I just googled "number of penalties, world cup" and took the first I could find.
Old 06-06-18, 03:56   #14
MarianoV6

Quote:
Originally Posted by polojeb View Post
dont forgot Russia its not that much like europe ground, you simple dont feel there like in standard western europe.
Hello Mariano, has been many years i saw you last time, hows goin with your life? everything okay? i mean the betting one mainly O:-) hope you doing well and crushing it!
Hey mate, nice to see you again! Yes, everything is fine (in betting too ), hope it's the same for you (in life most importantly, cause betting is much more easier )!
Old 06-06-18, 11:17   #15
polojeb
Freshman

polojeb is on a distinguished road

thats great to hear + thanks for asking, doing just great!! not being around betting much lately...
But i am kinda thrilled, seems like little reunion up here during the WC.
ok, end bein off topic
polojeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-18, 12:26   #16
ellas98

ellas98 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirac View Post
Dont know if its a serious stat but i heard Germany never won the WC twice in a row so we can exclude them from the list of the winners. But its not only that, i do think they have a great system, good coach and nice talent but the likes of Khedira, Ozil, Muller are getting older and not like the wine, still they are good players but not WC winners, i think they are downgrading.
No one ever defended the Champions League either until last year, and now Real have won three times in a row.
I watched Germany at the Confederation Cup last year, and I was amazed how easily they won with their supposed B or C team. They have a lot of talent even without the big guns you mentioned. By the way, Ozil plays different when in the German NT and contributes more than at Arsenal, and Muller is always hungry.
ellas98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-18, 15:31   #17
Macot
Super Moderator

Macot is on a distinguished road

They dont have talent and never had.
What they have is perfect tactics, 100% physcial condition and TONS OF SELFCONFIDENCE which Germans always had...
But they dont have talent...
Old 06-06-18, 16:47   #18
ellas98

ellas98 is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know. That might have been enough twenty years ago, but today...
With all the professional background and available knowledge all teams should be able to prepare physically and choose the right tactics.
ellas98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-18, 08:03   #19
Palini

Have you seen this? The GoldmanSachs-report(?) and prediction about the World Cup. Not sure what to make out of it, but some parts I for sure found very interesting...

http://www.goldmansachs.com/our-thin...dia/report.pdf
Old 12-06-18, 21:05   #20
MarianoV6

I don't know where to add this subject but it is something that someone should have in mind because it may (if happens again) effect the performance of a player or a team.

Racism against players.

Recently Russian football association was fined because of that during a friendly game at St Petersburg involving France players as victims. https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-a8341596.html

England said that they have a special protocol in place regarding what to do in case this happens.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44385630

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...-a3856701.html

I mentioned "political reasons" at the Russia v Saudi Arabia threat and this is one aspect of it. There are many other political reasons i can think of but the above one with what happened during Euro2016 with Russian hooligans are the two main ones. The whole thinking of mine is "if Russia out early, fans will be angry and then we might see either both or one of those things happening".

But i posted this mainly for betting reasons cause it might affect the performance of a player. I like to believe that the Russian government has took measures over it, otherwise i don't wanna think that i've choosen a player to score and he will be upset and pissed during the game. But it is something someone should have in mind
Old 12-06-18, 21:22   #21
allthethings

allthethings is an unknown quantity at this point

Looking at the past five WCs, the only ones for which odds are available, when big dogs get results from sides priced under 2.00, they tend to draw in the first group game and tend to win outright in games 2 and 3.
Old 15-06-18, 21:57   #22
branskie
Freshman

branskie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Have you seen this? The GoldmanSachs-report(?) and prediction about the World Cup. Not sure what to make out of it, but some parts I for sure found very interesting...

http://www.goldmansachs.com/our-thin...dia/report.pdf
Great thing, thanks for this. According to this Brasil-Germany most likely final in which Brazil wins. Also Portugal ahead Argentina but also France ahead Germany based by last results, but Germany has better ELO.
branskie is offline   Reply With Quote