This site is for adults 18+ due to gambling/betting content. If you have a problem with gambling issues, or need information, please visit:
Gambling Help Online Gamblers Anonymous Gambling Therapy Gamble Aware Jugadores Anonimos JugarBIEN BeGambleAware GamCare

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > ChitChat and Competitions > Contests/Competitions

Contests/Competitions Forum contests and other competitions run by BA or other websites. Join and win!!
PINNACLE - accept very large stakes! Low juice!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 09-01-06, 14:20   #31
Moldoveanu

Moldoveanu is an unknown quantity at this point

how about overs and unders for hockey

if its over under 6 and there are 6 goals

its a push right its not a loss??

so if i have 7 picks and i pick over 6 goals and the total is 6

then its a push so i still have 7 picks and 3 more left to go right?
Moldoveanu is offline   Reply With Quote

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 09-01-06, 14:27   #32
Minov

Minov is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moldoveanu
how about overs and unders for hockey

if its over under 6 and there are 6 goals

its a push right its not a loss??

so if i have 7 picks and i pick over 6 goals and the total is 6

then its a push so i still have 7 picks and 3 more left to go right?
Yes, if there are exactly 6 goals and the HC is -6, then the pick is voided, and it's like you didn't take the pick !
Minov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-06, 14:32   #33
Moldoveanu

thanks a lot Minov!!
Old 09-01-06, 16:38   #34
Flanders

Flanders is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikola_scg
PICK 2 1/1 +90

PALERMO – JUVENTUS away win @1.73 betinternet

Juventus is situated at the first table position with impressive 15-1-1 record. They have all home wins, while away record is 6-1-1. In first match in 2006. they have average opponent Palermo. Palermo is expected to be in fight for UEFA ticket, even maybe for Champions league ticket, but they showed nothing special, except win against Inter at the start of league.
Palermo have 5-7-5 record and at home they have 3-3-2. They lost at home against Sampdoria and Livorno, and draw against Cagliari, Empoli and Chievo. So, why very impressive Juventus shouldn’t win in Palermo? I can’t see reason. Juventus only lost against Milan and draw in last away match against Lazio. Now, they will be motivate to take 3 points again. Yes, Palermo won agianst Juventus last season, but Palermo isn’t so great like they were in last season.
It will not be easy match for Juventus (against 40000 hot Palermo funs), but they won in Firenza and in Roma (against Roma). They are much better team then Palermo (everybody knows that) and I don’t believe in surprise here.
Palermo: [4-4-2] Guardalben - Zaccardo – Terlizzi – Barzagli – Grosso – Santana – Barone – Corini – Bonanni – Makinwa – Caracciolo
juventus: [4-4-2] Abbiati – Chiellini – Thuram – Cannavaro – Zambrotta – Camoranesi – Emerson – Vieira – Del Piero – Trezeguet – Zlatan

1:2, PICK WON
Quote:
Originally Posted by betonme
My first pick this year
Italy - Serie A, Saturday 07 Jan 2006 - 20:30 CET
Palermo US - Juventus Turin
Pick: 1X
Odds: 2.15 @NordicBet

Juventus are currently leaders of the Serie A with 46 points after their fantastic first part of the season with 15 wins from 17 played matches. Their only lost match was away to Milan (3:1) and their only draw was in their last away played in Rome against Lazio (1:1). (Even if I am a big Milan fan) I have to admit that Juve played great and they deserve this position on the table.
But today they will have very hard job. They will travel to Sicily to play at the hot Stadio Renzo Barbera against Palermo. All tickets for the match have been sold even 2 weeks ago and atmosphere will be very hot and Palermo will have great support of their fans. Every team finds it very hard to play away to Palermo because of that great support of the fans that the home side gets. This season only 2 teams have left with the 3 points from there.
Last year Juventus were defeated there with 1:0 and the other match played in Turin ended with 1:1.
Juventus are without Robert Kovac and Alessandro Birindelli who are injured for whole and Gianluca Zambrotta is suspended for this match too.
Palermo have no important missings for this match. After the 2 defeats in the last 2 rounds they have to change something in order to start with the good results that will take them in the upper part of the table on a spot that will ensures them a ticket for the Uefa Cup next season.
That’s why I don’t see any value in the 1.7 that the bookmakers give for the win of Juventus away to Palermo. I see bigger value on the double chance 1X because I think that one more time Palermo will not be defeated by Juve. 6/10 for me
Here are the probable lineups (channel4)
Palermo (probable): Lupatelli; Zaccardo, Terlizzi, Barzagli, Grosso; Santana, Barone, Corini, Bonanni; Caracciolo, Makinwa
Juventus (probable): Abbiati; Blasi, Thuram, Cannavaro, Chiellini; Camoranesi, Emerson, Vieira, Nedved; Ibrahimovic, Trezeguet

Good luck to all and Merry Christmass to all Christians who celebrate it today (Macedonia, Serbia&Montenegro, Russia...)

1:2, pick lost
This are first two POD from January 7th 2006. This competition is to help people find good bets in the specific day but really I can't see how two opossite posts can convince one person to take either one of this two. Therefore my sugestion is to create a rule for the competitors not to take contradictory picks on the same event (f.e: 1x and 2, under 2.5/over 2.5, EH -1/ EH +1 etc. on the same event). I think you know what i'm reffering to. I'll be around for your thoughts regarding my suggestion.

PS: Sorry about my english, in my posts I don't have time to correct them all. Hope you get what I have to say. Cheers.
Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-06, 16:46   #35
k_man

k_man is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, but maybe if you see these opposite opinions, you`ll decide to be more careful about that bet. I don`t believe that if one is staying till midnight to post his pick first then this means that it`s the right pick. Cause it`s clearly a matter of "who`s gonna post its pick faster" if chosing the same match will be forbidden. And maybe the correct pick was the last one.....
k_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-06, 17:54   #36
Minov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneymaker
I will post it only once here and I am sorry about the off-topic (Minov you can move it to another appropriate thread if you like) ...

I dont get it how is my bet a "special bet" or I dont get that "NO SPECIALS" rule. One of two. I understand that taking HT/FT, first goal scorer, firsta goal from header and stuff like this as specials (they depend of team perfomance) BUT I am talking here about individual perfomance of one guy If this is ruled as special bet then f.e. Ahonen to win against Janda is special too, Andrus Veerpalu not to win is special too (which was my 2nd pick btw) etc. C`moon lets not go crazy here with those rules. Do you really want to have only "team picks" here? ... I personally rate those so called "specials" more valueable. I rest my case whatever the answer(s) or desicion.

MM
MM, rules won't change anymore. Not only because POD will become a circus if we change the rules whenever some competitor thinks that his pick should be allowed, but because we've thought a lot about forbidded rules, and we've realised that there is a strong reason for forbidding them.
I like your todays pick ! As a matter of fact, i like all of your picks, because you somehow always find the right bets and make great previews. But the bet type you took today can't be allowed, because that way, i will be forced to allow f.e " Ronaldinho to score over 3.5 goals" picks. And there will be many of those picks, with odds +4.00, as there were in the past. Picks that we can call "fun picks" more than "picks with value" or picks that are ment to help the others.
And about "individuals" vs "teams".
Yes, the picks you mentioned were allowed. But those weren't team sports we're talking about, and basketball is. How can we know that Steve Francis won't get injured in 1st minute ? If you bet on Stive Francis' team ( have no idea where he plays. I don't follow NBA very much, only 2-3 teams. I don't find it interestingops: ops: ops and Stive Francis gets injured, then the others can cover him, and you're still in the game. But you're out of the game if he gets injured !

I'm sorry about your voided picks, but the rules will stay as they are !!!

Quote:
agree with you special bets rock more then just to win games

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_man
indeed... it`s like you are telling us where to search for value... maybe there are some guys winning only from the bets you call specials. why should we block their picks?
this discussion should be moved to POD thoughts.
Because we don't like selfishness here. MM's pick is good and helpfull, but it's one pick out of many, many picks.
It was said million times and i'll say it again : POD is not only hunt for prizes, it's more about helping other people. Prizes are only a reward for those who made good picks that were followed by many people.
Take this however you like, but i'm sure that noone took some of your picks ( even the winning ones), because nobody will open an account in the only bookmaker in the world who offers the special "total goal minutes 80", where a pick can be theoretically won if there are 12 goals, and be lost if there is only 1 goal scored in 81st minute !!!!
Old 11-01-06, 21:16   #37
Aragorn78

Aragorn78 is an unknown quantity at this point

People often forget that this competition is called PICK OF THE DAY = YOUR BEST PICK OF THE DAY.

So HT/FT X/1 for instance doesn't seem to me as a potential "best pick of the day" - it is only high odds chasing.

I don't think that opposite picks should be forbidden - for instance if somebody takes some Under, but I think it will be Over, I can't take it? People are supposed to have their own brain and to think. They will read both comments and will decide which of them sounds better.

"4 goals or more" is exactly Over 3.5 and indeed it is again high odds chasing /for instance someone thinks the game is Over 2.5 at 1.80 but he has Over 3.5 at 3.20 and he is greedy and he wants to take it - I made this sometimes in the past months/ - you should decide about it carefully. And have in mind that "4 goals or more" is together with "0-1 goals" and "2-3 goals", but Over 3.5 is with Under 3.5.

So, the moderators have so much to decide but things are getting better and better and this is the normal way.
Old 11-01-06, 22:32   #38
Dante81
Freshman

Dante81 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think my void bet is not fair because my pick was a solid one and you cannot do that to me, only because I won. Maybe you must be more precise and tell everybody how you describe a pick too short or how much is enough for you. I think it's very hard to say exactly. I hope you will change your decision because this is just my third pick, so a little help will be good for me.

Thank you for your time and I'm waiting an answer.

k_man

Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:54 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

rules wrote:
You must write why you have chosen the pick or at least give a link to your own prediction at Bettingadvice or any other betting site. It's not enough to write "Team A is much stronger, they will crush team B" or analysis based only on statistics. Have in mind that the purpose of the forum is to help other tipsters find good picks. Write sport,league or livescore link if you think it's necessary.

Dante81
Fresh face

Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:03 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is not fair. For today for example Srichaphan - Karlovic pick is not better than mine. And nobody void that bet. And every day there are such picks. And when I now precisely that a team is better than the other and the statistics are good, is it not enough ? I hope this is a serious competition and the error will be corrected.
Old 11-01-06, 23:45   #39
Minov

Dante.... this is your POD :

Quote:
Pick #1
Volleyball - Champions League (men)
HotVolleys Vienna v Evivo Duren
Pick : 1
Odd: 1.5 Gamebookers

Great moments for a small team from Vienna. Two nice wins against Sisley Treviso and Cannes, and now home advantage and big chances for a win in front of own crowd. Away team is not in good shape and hasn't the force to win now this game. Big clash, but only a winner: HotVolleys Vienna. They can win easily this game.
5 LINES writing what's your pick, who's playing, odds and bookmaker

and 4 lines analysis !!!

And you're complaining ???????

I understand why you made your mistake. You're still a rookie here, and mistakes happen. All of us made similar mistakes on POD when we started here. But most of us read the rules after our picks were voided and we've seen that we were really wrong and weren't complaining !!!

Good luck i nthe future. I wish you to win the POD some day....and please read the rules !!!!
Old 11-01-06, 23:50   #40
Minov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante81
I hope this is a serious competition and the error will be corrected.
Yes, it's a serious competition, and that's why the "error" won't be corrected !!!!
Old 12-01-06, 00:10   #41
Zozo the Duke

Zozo the Duke is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajer0
This are first two POD from January 7th 2006. This competition is to help people find good bets in the specific day but really I can't see how two opossite posts can convince one person to take either one of this two. Therefore my sugestion is to create a rule for the competitors not to take contradictory picks on the same event (f.e: 1x and 2, under 2.5/over 2.5, EH -1/ EH +1 etc. on the same event). I think you know what i'm reffering to. I'll be around for your thoughts regarding my suggestion.
I think that it has to be allowed to pick contradictory picks. I am thinking that because readers can deside what bet to take. They will read the explenations and also they can chose from the the member, who in their opinion is best (according to his previous tips)

Also someone mentioned that if it is not alowed, than pick which has been sent first will be only pick and than the readers can be misleaded.

Off topic: I had 0/4 so far. This never happened to me. Next time when I write some preview, pick the opposite, for your own sake
Zozo the Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-06, 00:26   #42
Minov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zozo the Duke

Off topic: I had 0/4 so far. This never happened to me. Next time when I write some preview, pick the opposite, for your own sake
Little tip about this :

Always think as you're 0/0, and try to forget your bad run.
This summer i had 1/18 on POD (3/20 total, i started with 2/2). I was even thinking should i continue posting here, but since then i made some great picks and results, and i'm even leading Champions race now 8) .

Don't worry at all.
I promise i will follow your next pick as you'll suggest it, not the opposite :P
Maybe i'll make things turn around for you.....hehe

Good luck Zozo !
Old 12-01-06, 01:27   #43
Zozo the Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minov
Always think as you're 0/0, and try to forget your bad run.
Don't worry at all.
I promise i will follow your next pick as you'll suggest it, not the opposite :P
Maybe i'll make things turn around for you.....hehe
"Streets don't carry the names of those who quit"

I am not quiting, just was giving advice how to make some money

follow my pick? Why? U want to curse me?
Old 12-01-06, 23:14   #44
Minov

MOLDOVEANU :

You should know that i voided your pick from 10th of January because you used bookie Betpoint, and it's not allowed bookie for POD.

I missed it when i was updating the standings, but thanx to one of the competitors, the mistake is fixed !!!

Sorry, but rules are rules !
Old 13-01-06, 00:26   #45
Zozo the Duke

Minov I want to ask who are the bookies that are alowed?

And I hope u followed my today pick, because I finally won

Edit: And now I see that pick is void I think that is unfair to the others (not me, I am way at the bottom) to void picks just for that. Yes I know about sponsorship deals, but still I think it is unfair.
Old 13-01-06, 00:47   #46
MNC

MNC is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Edit: And now I see that pick is void I think that is unfair to the others (not me, I am way at the bottom) to void picks just for that. Yes I know about sponsorship deals, but still I think it is unfair.
Quote:
Odds must be between 1.50 and 3.50 and only odds taken from these 16 bookmakers are allowed:

10bet
Bet365
Betandwin
Betinternet
Centrebet
Expekt
Gamebookers
Interwetten
Ladbrokes
NordicBet
Pinnacle Sports
PointBet
Premierbet
Sportingbet
Unibet
William Hill
MNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-06, 00:59   #47
Minov

Quote:

I'm sorry about your pick. I was so happy when i saw you finally won ( and it really was because of me :wink: ) and then i saw you used wrong bookmaker.

Rules are rules Zozo. This is exactly why everybody should read the rules before entering this competition !
Old 13-01-06, 01:24   #48
Zozo the Duke

I read them, and i thought that the choosen bookmaker is from the "good" ones

It is ok by me, I am not arugeing about it. I am happy that I finally won a pick Probably I have to choose wrong bookies to win
Old 13-01-06, 04:47   #49
Moldoveanu

Quote:
MOLDOVEANU :

You should know that i voided your pick from 10th of January because you used bookie Betpoint, and it's not allowed bookie for POD.

I missed it when i was updating the standings, but thanx to one of the competitors, the mistake is fixed !!!

Minov stop fooling around!!

you know well that i made probably a mistake!!

i saw at POD rules that pointbet is allowed and i took the pick from there

but somehow i made a mistake instead of writing the book

pointbet i wrote betpoint! the opposite!!

and if go to www.pointbet.com you will get the sportbook if you go

to www.betpoint.com there is no sportbook its a false web site!!

so i think the pick should be allowed! even though i made a mistake

with the BET word! instead of writing pointBET i wrote

BETpoint
it was my mistake and i did not see it!

it was the right book that i choosed from pointbet but i wrote it wrong

and there is no way that the pick should be voided!!
Old 13-01-06, 11:17   #50
Minov

Quote:
Quote:
MOLDOVEANU :

Minov stop fooling around!!

you know well that i made probably a mistake!!

i saw at POD rules that pointbet is allowed and i took the pick from there

but somehow i made a mistake instead of writing the book

pointbet i wrote betpoint! the opposite!!

and if go to www.pointbet.com you will get the sportbook if you go

to www.betpoint.com there is no sportbook its a false web site!!

so i think the pick should be allowed! even though i made a mistake

with the BET word! instead of writing pointBET i wrote

BETpoint
it was my mistake and i did not see it!

it was the right book that i choosed from pointbet but i wrote it wrong

and there is no way that the pick should be voided!!
After what happened with Raymz, who asked me to void his pick 2 days ago, i can't trust you guys. I know that 90% of you are fair and honest ( including you Moldo. I'm sure you made the mistake by accident), but because of those 10% who are always trying to fool the mods, i just can't be totally sure who's telling the truth and who is trying to fool us.
I can't be 100% sure what would have happened if you missed the pick. You could have said : Minov, void my pick i used wrong bookie accidently !!!! and there really is a british bookmaker called Betpoint ( www.betpoint.co.uk). By mistake, or not, you weren't carefull, and there's nothing much you can do now. Pointbet and Betandwin are allowed - Betpoint or Winandbet are not allowed.

Plus....you know that specials were still allowed on 1st of January, if you know what i mean !!! I didn't hear you complaining back then.

How come people are always complaining when we void some of their won picks and they don't say a word when we void a lost pick ????

Your pick will stay void ! Sorry
Old 13-01-06, 13:29   #51
Moldoveanu

A very impolite post. /Strand
Old 13-01-06, 13:46   #52
Moldoveanu

Quote:
Quote:

I'm sorry about your pick. I was so happy when i saw you finally won ( and it really was because of me :wink: ) and then i saw you used wrong bookmaker.

Rules are rules Zozo. This is exactly why everybody should read the rules before entering this competition !
how funny Minov you mentioned and then i saw you used wrong bookmaker

why did not anyone see my bookmaker and they only see it after 2 days

8O 8O 8O 8O

thats why more moderators should be involded in this comeptition!!
Old 13-01-06, 13:50   #53
Minov

Quote:
or maybe even better to just let go my pick if it winz u rjust say void

if it loses then its lost!!

Moderators u suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes that's what we do. Voiding won picks and not voiding lost picks. That's what we do...we want all of you to end in minus.
Moldoveanu, you're the biggest problem in POD since i'm a moderator. I remember how many stupid questions you were ( and still are) asking in POD rules thread. Instead of asking us all those questions, i have an idea what should you finally do....

REAAAAAAAD THEEEEE RULEEEEEEEEEEEEES

We voided your pick from 1st of January, not earlier but on 3rd of January. And that pick was marked lost at first. I changed it to pick Void, but i didn't hear you complaining then !!! But now you're very smart and you know everything. You're attacking the moderators for what ? Really why are you attacking me ?

Because i go to work every day and when i get back home i must deal with your sh*t instead of spending time with my daughter ? Because you don't know a single POD rule eventhough you're active on POD for a long time ?

You attacked Raymz few days ago, but what you're doing is the same thing. You're playing dirty.

If you want , i will brake the rules for the last time and count your pick from 10th of January as won, but i will also count your pick from 1st of January as lost !!

I said it and i'll repeat : I will follow the rules strictly in 2006. Everytime you make a mistake i will void your picks !!!
Old 13-01-06, 13:53   #54
Simpelweg

Simpelweg is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with Moldoveanu here.. It's obviously a mistake and as a regular contributant to the POD competition he should get the benefit of the doubt.. Of course there are rules but this mistake is SO obvious..

My two cents. GL.
Simpelweg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-06, 13:56   #55
Moldoveanu

first of all!

about 1st pick in January! it was a Special bet!!

BUT!!!!!! the rules did not say! you cant bet Special bets because

there you COULD!! you opened that Thread on 1st January!

on to be or not to be specials!!

and in that day i had to bet it! but later you said it was voided

because it was not allowed after about couple of hours!!

and first of al!!

why are you THE ONLY 1 who is DOING THE MODERATORS!!

HOW THE **** SHOULD I KNOW you are the only 1! there are probably hundred moderators in here!!

and how should i know YOU ARE THE ONLY 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 13-01-06, 13:58   #56
Minov

Quote:

how funny Minov you mentioned and then i saw you used wrong bookmaker

why did not anyone see my bookmaker and they only see it after 2 days

8O 8O 8O 8O

thats why more moderators should be involded in this comeptition!!
I was sick and i had a lot of work in those 3 days. I wasn't even marking the picks in those days. I only had time to write my picks and i didn't even check what was going on here !

Someone else marked your pick as lost instead of void, not me.

And someone else, who isn't a moderator wrote me a PM yesterday telling me that you used a wrong bookmaker.

But you're right about something.....we do need more moderators here.
Me and MNC can't do it alone. The job is not hard, but these argues are killing me !!
Old 13-01-06, 14:04   #57
Jumbo

Jumbo is an unknown quantity at this point

Cmon Moldoveanu stop with the foolish things :!: The moderators can't be online for 24h and checking all the picks every single minute.
You were wrong and your pick was voided. Rules are rules and if you want to participate in the competition you have to respect them.
Jumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-06, 14:04   #58
Moldoveanu

hey i can be a moderator ****!!

ill help!! i am free most of the time!!
Old 13-01-06, 14:07   #59
Minov

Quote:
first of all!

!
Exactly. The rules on January 1st said that you can take specials. You took special bet and it was lost. So, it should count as lost.

Specials were forbidden on January 2nd. According to this, all specials from January 1st should count, but i decided to void the LOST specials from January 1st .

I BROKE THE RULES THEN, and i deserve a punishment for that, but you didn't complain about me breaking the rules then, did you ????

And now, when i'm working according to the rules you're attacking me ??????????????????????????????
Old 13-01-06, 14:11   #60
Moldoveanu

Quote:
Quote:
first of all!

!
Exactly. The rules on January 1st said that you can take specials. You took special bet and it was lost. So, it should count as lost.

Specials were forbidden on January 2nd. According to these, all specials from January 1st should count, but i decided to void the LOST specials from January 1st .

I BROKE THE RULES THEN, and i deserve a punishment for that, but you didn't complain about me braking the rules then, did you ????

And now, when i'm working according to the rules you're attacking me ??????????????????????????????
lol i dont give a **** if u brake it or not!!

the pick was voided and i did not know why !!

later i realized that specials are not allowed

i was pissed because specials are not allowed i did not care that my pick

was lost or voided! because ill win way more picks doing special bets!

i thought you came to an agreement and there was no more special bets

i did not know that you broke the rule, and i dont think you did

and even if you did i dont care at all!!