This site is for adults 18+ due to gambling/betting content. If you have a problem with gambling issues, or need information, please visit:
Gambling Help Online Gamblers Anonymous Gambling Therapy Gamble Aware Jugadores Anonimos JugarBIEN BeGambleAware GamCare

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > Soccer >
Internationals/Friendlies

Internationals/Friendlies
Analysis and discussions (and predictions) for Internationals and friendly soccer games.

PINNACLE - accept very large stakes! Low juice!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 02-07-18, 21:08   #1
Wilson
Super Moderator

Wilson is on a distinguished road
Default 1/4 finals - 06.07. 20:00 Brazil - Belgium

2.18 3.29 3.54
Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 04-07-18, 11:42   #2
sirac

sirac is on a distinguished road

Belgium really dodged a bullet vs Nippon. No matter how you put it, underestimation or something else, it just shows signs of weakness. Of course they were the better team, had physical advantage but to complicate the game that way against a much inferior opponent it shows they are not gelled yet and it that will hurt them here. Brazil was in controll of all their games, they dominated their opponents and looked like the medal candidate everybody see them. Belgium were unproven and they still are. Great pkayers but will they become a great team? After Japan game i think we got an answer. Still not there, not for me at least and i dont give them many chances here. Brazil will controll this game and will score at some point but of course it wont be that easy, at least not as easy as it was with Mexic. Great game shoulf be but Red Devils arent there yet, elite players but no elite team. Brazil has got them all.
Old 04-07-18, 17:02   #3
fab66

fab66 is on a distinguished road

Brazil are not phenomena but do not take goals, and have players able to solve at any time.
Belgium is here thanks to Japan, it allows a lot, too much. I would like to see the Brazile out but they are the favorites for me
fab66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-18, 08:22   #4
gwen

gwen is an unknown quantity at this point

Belgium conceded 2 goals against Tunisia, 2 goals against Japan.
Brazil conceded 5 shots on goal in total from 4 games.
For Belgium to advance they'll need to convert their chances. But from what I've seen in the games so far, there has to be a different Lukaku that shows up.
gwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-18, 12:07   #5
sirac

They will also have to change the system. Japs owned them tactically crowding the midfield and pressing high leaving slow Witsel totally exposed cause De Bruyne aint defensivelly present, plus Carrasco looked poor. So imo they will sacrifice a creative midfielder, prolly Mertens and put Fellaini in, that would give more balance to their midfield, and idealy put Chadli in for Carrasco. But still even if they do that, they still look exposed basically because they didnt look secure at the back, Courtois looked very shaky, Witsel too slow to cover faster brasilians in midfield, so basically there is too many issues to recover to think they will stop Brazil somehow, i dont see them doing it. I think they are more than capable of matching Brazil offensivelly as they got best creative midfielders in the world in Hazard and De Bruyne and thats wbere the game will get interesting, and the more i think about this the more i see it overish.
Old 05-07-18, 19:44   #6
Mikele

Mikele is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes Brazil didn't let too many shots on their goal but they didn't face such opposition yet. As sirac noted Belgium are more than capable of matching Brazil offensivelly, and to me a good bet on this match is over on shots on goal. It is 8,5 evens now. I expect 9 and more, most of those by Brazil - or by the team which finds themselves behind
Mikele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-18, 00:42   #7
Karl-Heinz

Karl-Heinz is an unknown quantity at this point

Carrasco, Witsel poor and slow. Coincidence or something to do with Chinese league?
Karl-Heinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-18, 08:18   #8
Rozde
Freshman

Rozde is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl-Heinz View Post
Carrasco, Witsel poor and slow. Coincidence or something to do with Chinese league?
I agree, maybe the weakest link in the Belgium team, if Brazil is going to hurt Belgium it should be through those 2 players. I am not going with those smart quotes, but Nainggolan would be perfect for this match with lot of running and pressing Brazilian midfielders. Again De Bruyne is difference and a class player which even Brazilians don't have and Belgium should use this. Maybe to try with Dembele(most underrated player in their team) or Felaini, anyway we should expect a really good match .
Rozde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-18, 08:58   #9
MarianoV6

MarianoV6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Belgium will have no other option here than to play football. They don't play against a team that is sitting back and waiting to hit a counter like Japan did, so they need to be ready in all line.

At their last game against Japan, Belgium had big holes behind their full backs and man, that Carrasco guy was bad in the attack and even worst at his defensive duties. If they will play like that again, Neymar will open their defense wide at some counter and Coutinho or Paulinho will score as usual.

I'm interesting to see the line ups here, very very interesting Although i believe the Belgian coach is more about each player having some roles on the team rather than changing formation.
MarianoV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-18, 10:32   #10
pweelin

pweelin is an unknown quantity at this point

perhaps a 3 centre back of toby, kompany , and boyata (imo he is very much needed to compensate for kompany lack of speed , lwb verthogen , rwb menuier ,

courtois

toby vincent boyata

menuir vertohgen

debruyne fellaini

mertens hazard
lukaku

i think a defensive setup like this can nullify brazil , if vincent is playing with boyata i think thats a big problem
pweelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-18, 10:51   #11
eldie57

eldie57 is on a distinguished road

Sorry but Boyata very prone to mistakes
eldie57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-18, 10:55   #12
pweelin

pweelin is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldie57 View Post
Sorry but Boyata very prone to mistakes
yes precisely that y a back 3 is needed to make up for his mistakes , imo his speed is necessary here
pweelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-18, 16:50   #13
fc arges

fc arges is on a distinguished road

I will stick to my starting bets!

Belgium - England for the WC final!

If the players of Mexico where more like a team and not EGOMANIACS who want to score against Brasil from 15-20m and get all the glory for them..then the results could have been another one! I remember how free where some players from Mexico but expecially Vela wanted to be the hero...

i dont care how many goals Belgium received from Japan or Brasil from i dont know who becouse it's not important...we have Mother Russia in the quarter finals and many other surprises and probally some fixed results...one that points me in the eyes is the RED CARD that Smolnikov took against Uruguay!

Croatia - Russia ... 2 country's who had problems with fixing matches are in the quarter finals but W/e

for me Belgium to go further @2.50
fc arges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-18, 17:21   #14
litost

litost is on a distinguished road

wow !!

what a WC this was !!

this is a 0-0 hands down .... tough i tought same about france - uruguay .....

long gone times of 0-0´s ......

i think today southamericans leave WC for good...

devils good match up with verde amarelha and their bull .....

after receiving 2 vs nipons ... reds will be wary in back ... no way carrasco starts ....
Old 06-07-18, 17:38   #15
allthethings

allthethings is an unknown quantity at this point

I've taken my usual draw in this match, but I've also taken o9.5 goals at 1.71. Even with their vaunted defense Brazil have blown past this in all their matches save one match of 9 corners, and Belgium should be able to contribute either way.
Old 06-07-18, 18:24   #16
litost

fellaini in ... very tactical game awaits ... as long as belgium finally shows solidness at back wich they have at least on paper ....
Old 06-07-18, 18:35   #17
WiserthantheCrowd

WiserthantheCrowd is on a distinguished road

For me, France and Belgium have looked the most convincing in this tournament - it's a shame that they will (probably) meet in the SF... I think Belgium are a bit overrated. They've played a great game for 15-20 minutes and they've put on the brakes the rest of the time... I think Martinez hasn't got the tactics right... Belgium have a lot of individual quality but as a team I rate Brazil as being superior. I think they will advance tonight. BTS is my favorite bet here at 1.8.
WiserthantheCrowd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-18, 21:00   #18
WiserthantheCrowd

WiserthantheCrowd is on a distinguished road

Ooops. I meant Brazil above.

Anyway, I think the better team were eliminated tonight. Brazil were a bit unlucky with the own goal and it's tough to go down against a team that is so strong on the counter. Nonetheless, Brazil fought back and would have at least deserved a draw...

I don't get what the point of the VAR is if the guy watching the game misses an obvious call? Brazil were clearly denied a penalty... At the same time, I've got to acknowledge that Brazil may have deserved this in a way. After all their theatrics, you can't take it seriously when they fall... But still... Belgium got lucky in more ways than one...
WiserthantheCrowd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-18, 22:36   #19
sirac

Yep Brazil unlucky tonight, many factors went against them, but how on Earth VAR didnt see that as penalty is beyond me. But dont take away the credit from Belgium. Martinez is a smart cookie, introduced Fellaini and Chadli which was exactly was needed for them to cope in midfield. Game was 50-50 and some times you need that bit of luck to get through this tight games. But the difference was Fellaini in midfield and De Bruyne plus Hazard. And if you have best two creative players in the world playing like that, it is very hard to stop this Belgium. Hazard+De Bruyne > Coutinho+ Neymar every day of the week. I think Belgium got lucky tonight and the game with France will be much harder. France will not be that exposed. This south americans can look so naive tactically.
Old 06-07-18, 23:26   #20
Karl-Heinz

Karl-Heinz is an unknown quantity at this point

If France does an own goal in min 13 they will get exposed like Brazil. Bel 1-0 was pure luck e everyone knows that.
What surprised me: after this owngoal brazil went all in, cashed the 2nd goal on a counter.

A bit unlucky in 2nd half, agree.
Still Brazil lost everything in 1st half. Coutinho worst player on pitch, after him Neymar.
Casemiro missing and Marcelo back in 1st Team?
Going to blame Tite for not fielding luis Felipe.
Karl-Heinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-18, 01:31   #21
Prija
Super Moderator

Prija is on a distinguished road

Brazil didn't have football gods on their side tonight, you can't win WC without a bit of luck and Belgium looks like a team of destiny right now to me. Fernandinho was awful, not cause of unlucky own goal, but he was losing all battles in midfield, while being erratic in passing many times. Coutinho wasn't at his best either, but still assisted for goal, and served another one on the platter for Renato Augusto, who managed to miss the overtime shot. As for missed penalty call on Jesus, I suppose it was reviewed by Orsato and he said to Mazic to play on cause ball was already out of bounds when contact occurred. Another situation luck was on Belgian side as Kompany's tackle was completely reckless. All said, props to Martinez who was spot on with his tactics and I assume he will continue the same way in last two games, with strengthened midfield and Hazard, KDB and Lukaku looking to counter.
Old 07-07-18, 08:05   #22
MarianoV6

MarianoV6 is an unknown quantity at this point

The penalty incident: When you can't even see Bold running 100 meters, Mazic had to take a decision in real time also about 2cm in or 3 cm out (the ball). Any decision i think he would had taken, it would had been correct. There was one first contact and then a second contact and the question is if at the first contact at which the ball was 2cm in, if it was enough to call a penalty. At the second contact at which Kompany clearly makes foul to Jesus, the ball was out already. But that's what VAR for, for cases like this. The VAR guys had all the luxuries or time (almost 1 minute to decide), replays, still frame to examine it frame by frame and they decided on the 3cm out i guess. But in my opinion, VAR has failed big time at WC because with all those luxuries, it should had been crystal clear, like goal line technology at which the ball if it is in, then it is in. So far and with this incident, it is the third time they are making the wrong call for a penalty. Wrong decision not to give replay at Mazic and let him decide.

Courtois: Clearly the man of the match for me. He made a big game last night, saved Belgium many times with his saves.

Luck (or some might say, bad finishing): Well yeah, luck wasn't on Brazil's side last night or it was on Belgium's side. First of all, Brazil could had taken the lead very early before the Belgian goal with couple of chances they had. Then it was the own goal. Then it was the VAR decision. And lastly, Belgium played with fire when at three occasions they made wrong passes and Brazil went for counter attack but couldn't score.

Person of interest at the next game Belgium v France is clearly Thierry Henry . Once being on the tricolor side and now siting at the Belgian bench as assistant coach
MarianoV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-18, 09:42   #23
sirac

So if a ball its out of play you can still make fouls or hit players and get away with it? Its doesnt matter where the ball is, a foul is a foul and that was a clear pen, and if they have rules to justfy that mistake then we are in for a long ride, because its just idiotic.

For me man of the match was Hazard, the guy just owned the field last night and it was hilarious to see how brasilians couldnt cope with him.
Old 07-07-18, 10:28   #24
litost

for me its just VAR doing what refs have done always on big stage games ....

let go if there is not 1000% certainty its a pk ....

first kick MAY be a pk .. but it does not look strong enough ..

2nd kick its part of inertia and jesus jumping into company legs than anything else .....

VAR in such games can help but it will have to be absolutely undeniable fact behind call ....

what strucks its pk call like the one in england colombia match ...

seems refs are europe prone in this Wc
Old 07-07-18, 11:34   #25
litost

i came to believe VAr is just on early life and at some point will be in command of things hapening ...
just like offside will be a matter of tech and seconds... linesman are on the verge of extinction

right now there is some (ref) dude at the dark room too acquiescent with his fellow partner on pitch most cases not wanting to prove him wrong ....