This site is for adults 18+ due to gambling/betting content. If you have a problem with gambling issues, or need information, please visit:
Gambling Help Online Gamblers Anonymous Gambling Therapy Gamble Aware Jugadores Anonimos JugarBIEN BeGambleAware GamCare

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > Soccer >
Internationals/Friendlies

Internationals/Friendlies
Analysis and discussions (and predictions) for Internationals and friendly soccer games.

PINNACLE - accept very large stakes! Low juice!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 28-06-18, 17:12   #1
Wilson
Super Moderator

Wilson is on a distinguished road
Default Round of 16 - 02.07. 16:00 Brazil - Mexico

1.51 4.16 6.96
Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 29-06-18, 22:21   #2
bonuses7
Freshman

bonuses7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Mexico's moxie will be tough to beat. Just sayin'.
bonuses7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-18, 18:42   #3
sirac

sirac is on a distinguished road

I dont think they will be hard to beat. I already said i dobt even give them 1% chance of eliminating Brazil. Its the same thing with mexicans every WC. Making out of group stages, catching the eye of the public like a young stud well dressed and loads of gello on the hair but when they actually meat the alpha male they actually crap their pants and turn into soft ladies. They are no tough team, soft defensivelly, even koreans had created against them and most of all poor mentally. They had their chance to write history and all they needed is draw vs Sweden. What did they do? Lost 0-3 looking confused, they prolly played for draw and it made them look like they dont know what they want. Well they missed their chance and they will face the alpha male. How many times have we seen this movie? Brazil is the alpha male here, no doubt about it and if they put their head to it they can destroy this soft team but Tite mentally is different, safity first so prolly Mexico will have their share of chances, will again look eye catching as they have nothing to lose but once again they will lose. Brazil -1 and over because we should have had an over with Srbija and because los mejicanos actually have Lozano and Vela in good form.
Old 30-06-18, 18:51   #4
hashishmaster

hashishmaster is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirac View Post
I dont think they will be hard to beat. I already said i dobt even give them 1% chance of eliminating Brazil. Its the same thing with mexicans every WC. Making out of group stages, catching the eye of the public like a young stud well dressed and loads of gello on the hair but when they actually meat the alpha male they actually crap their pants and turn into soft ladies. They are no tough team, soft defensivelly, even koreans had created against them and most of all poor mentally. They had their chance to write history and all they needed is draw vs Sweden. What did they do? Lost 0-3 looking confused, they prolly played for draw and it made them look like they dont know what they want. Well they missed their chance and they will face the alpha male. How many times have we seen this movie? Brazil is the alpha male here, no doubt about it and if they put their head to it they can destroy this soft team but Tite mentally is different, safity first so prolly Mexico will have their share of chances, will again look eye catching as they have nothing to lose but once again they will lose. Brazil -1 and over because we should have had an over with Srbija and because los mejicanos actually have Lozano and Vela in good form.
HAHAH Well said! 100% agree. Nice epithets.
hashishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-18, 08:04   #5
gwen

gwen is an unknown quantity at this point

Mexican central defense pivot Hector Moreno (93 caps/3 goals) suspended
gwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-18, 12:03   #6
Miccho

Miccho is on a distinguished road

I'll just say that with all respect to Mexico, Sweden completely overwhelmed them. I watched the game (although simultan4eously with Germany-Korea) and was expecting a more equal/balanced match. In reality, Swedes were all over them from the first minute.
Miccho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-18, 00:00   #7
bardo

bardo is on a distinguished road

Odds is joke for me on Brazil seems like Spain 1.60/1.65 (why small odds? Because Brazil has it Neymar) but I think going to happen one more scenario like Spain, Portugal etc. I expect in first 15 min to score a goal BTTS in first half... remains to be seen!
bardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-18, 09:30   #8
Silicone Soul

Silicone Soul is on a distinguished road

Bardo you cant compere Spain with Brazil two totaly diferent teams and style of play. Brazil played much better in group stage then Spain and to me played in tougher group than Spain. In group games Brazil at least played with confidenc and without much problems went trough. Mexico had their cheance to avoide Brazil and they blew it so i think they will pay today for that and Brazil wil advance.
Silicone Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-18, 09:36   #9
Palini

Palini is on a distinguished road

Brazil also have something that Spain lacked, imho. Speed. Best way to beat a parked bus is with speed, either you play and pass fast or run fast.
Old 02-07-18, 12:47   #10
Superbet
Freshman

Superbet has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I see only one bet for this game under 2.5 odd 1.95 8/10 BET365

Knockout stage always start with defence. Also pressure will be on Brazil they are favorit. Mexico nothing to loose will wait for counterattack...

Good luck!
Superbet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-18, 13:37   #11
allthethings

allthethings is an unknown quantity at this point

This is the sixth WC for which we have odds readily available, and to this point the record of dogs of 6.00 or above in this first knockout is 0-7-9.

Here are the sides that have gotten draws in 90 in this round:

Ireland v Spain
Russia v Spain
Chile v Brazil
Switzerland v Argentina
Paraguay v France
Algeria v Germany
Mexico v Argentina

Four of the favorites on this list won in ET, and two won on PKs. Russia yesterday was only winner.

Also, 40 matches in this database (four 8th-final matches from 1998 are missing), and the over/under 2.5 tally is 13-27.

Brazil's other four 8th-round matches ended in Brazil wins (Chile, Chile, Belgium, Ghana), three of them overs.

Paraguay, Algeria and Mexico on that list were priced between 9.50 and 11.00 to win, and the draws were in the range of 4.20 to 5.50.
Old 02-07-18, 13:53   #12
latortuga

latortuga is on a distinguished road

Osorio has already given us his blue print for how he will approach a match up with a super power nation. It may have worked vs. Germany, but Tite is far more careful in his tactical setup to expose his team to the dangers of Mexico's fast attackers. Mexico for me are like a lucky loser and should feel fortunate to be here simply because Germany couldn't score a goal. It may take a while for Brazil to score here but once they do this Mexican team look porous and may just concede a few more. Feel much more comfortable taking Brazil -1 than I did with Spain yesterday. Palini's point above about speed is spot on, Brazil have plenty of speed to unsettle and stretch Mexico and it should count over 90 mins.

Brazil -1 AH
CS 2-0 / 3-0

Last edited by latortuga; 02-07-18 at 14:41. Reason: Adding 3-0 CS
latortuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-18, 14:50   #13
latortuga

latortuga is on a distinguished road

Blistering hot conditions for a football match - 34 deg!!
latortuga is offline   Reply With Quote