This site is for adults 18+ due to gambling/betting content. If you have a problem with gambling issues, or need information, please visit:
Gambling Help Online Gamblers Anonymous Gambling Therapy Gamble Aware Jugadores Anonimos JugarBIEN BeGambleAware GamCare

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > Soccer >
Internationals/Friendlies

Internationals/Friendlies
Analysis and discussions (and predictions) for Internationals and friendly soccer games.

PINNACLE - accept very large stakes! Low juice!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 28-06-18, 18:10   #1
Wilson
Super Moderator

Wilson is on a distinguished road
Default Round of 16 - 01.07. 16:00 Spain - Russia

1.60 3.85 6.37
Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 29-06-18, 20:07   #2
RafaRoger

RafaRoger is on a distinguished road

Over 2.5 for me here. Well priced @ 2.19 Pinnacle. Spain I can see scoring a couple, Russia offensively could do something against a Spain defense that have proven vulnerable at times.
RafaRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-18, 21:53   #3
hashishmaster

hashishmaster is on a distinguished road

Yeap this could be a nice game with goals in it, also considering Spain tt over 1,5 didn't check the odds though.
hashishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-18, 19:49   #4
sirac

sirac is on a distinguished road

I would agree that but Russia alongside Japan are the worst teams of this knock out stage. Spain looked shaky at the back and lacked that solidity looking dubious when opponents break. Now Russia hasnt got much speed in them, they usually play long ball but it will be different for them seeing without the ball because they will have to defend mostly up to the first spanish goal because russians have issues at the back and Spain big quality with Isco, Iniesta and Silva in great form. I can understand the odds but there is big gap between this sides even with Spain issues and russians playing at home. Definitelly will take Spain and will wait live to take goals to see if russians can actually hurt Spain.
Old 01-07-18, 12:54   #5
latortuga

latortuga is on a distinguished road

Best not to over think this one... Russia aren't built for defending deep but will be forced to with Spain controlling 70%+ possession. Once the 1st goal goes in this could become quite an open game.

Spain -1 AH
Over 2.25 goals
CS 0-0 (in case of a Russian miracle)
latortuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-18, 13:12   #6
f1ght3r

f1ght3r is an unknown quantity at this point

odds on goals dropped so i wonder if its still worth it but russia over 2.5 shots on goal is 1.90 at bet365. as hosts they play decently well, fire a lot of shots too. spain's defense on par with argentina's which is ridiculous. every time i think they have learned their lesson but turns out they havent. that should allow for a few shots at least. cheryshev, golovin, dzyuba with his headers.. samedov can shoot as well. i'm not sure if they can score but they can get to shooting positions moreover i'm sure they will be aiming to take as many shots as possible, like they did in both games they won in the group stage. sure, the quality of the opponent is completely different but still their approach shouldnt change.

but i agree with goals in general, spain quality wise more than capable of scoring 3. all 3 opponents in the group stage had good, well organized defenses and russia's isnt such. frankly this will be the 1st time russia's poor defense would be tested and it will fail.
f1ght3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-18, 14:51   #7
Carovie

Carovie is on a distinguished road

Three changes in Spain, Carvajal out, Nacho in, Iniesta out, Asensio in, Thiago out, Koke in
Carovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-18, 15:11   #8
latortuga

Russia setting up much more defensively with 3 CB and 5 across the back. This could be tight and maybe 1-0/1-1 type game.
Old 01-07-18, 15:53   #9
Wilson
Super Moderator

Wilson is on a distinguished road

A small bet on Zhirkov to be booked @4. I think this game will be all on Spain's favor and hard to hold on his side with Silva, Isco, Nacho.
Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-18, 16:28   #10
FrancisWade

FrancisWade is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
A small bet on Zhirkov to be booked @4. I think this game will be all on Spain's favor and hard to hold on his side with Silva, Isco, Nacho.

26 minutes and he already should have been booked in the foul before the spanish goal.
FrancisWade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-18, 16:55   #11
radicke

radicke is on a distinguished road

After this gift fr6 refferies nnw would be good one gift from Spain-own goal for eg...
radicke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-18, 17:56   #12
latortuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by latortuga View Post
Russia setting up much more defensively with 3 CB and 5 across the back. This could be tight and maybe 1-0/1-1 type game.
As feared...wish I could have cancelled my bets.
Old 01-07-18, 19:12   #13
Miccho

Miccho is on a distinguished road

You heard it here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miccho View Post
Second, I downgrade Spain. At this moment with this clueless coach and the horrible form of Ramos/Pique/DeGea, Spain seems like another Germany to me, and I believe had they played in the same group like Germany, they would have been heading home already. Fortunately for them, Russia seems impotent and poor, as well, but if Spain keeps playing like in the last two games, this 1/8 final can turn to be very balanced.
Miccho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-18, 19:50   #14
MarianoV6

MarianoV6 is an unknown quantity at this point

this tournament is turning into a joke, nothing else. And no, i didn't lost any bet and said that cause i haven't take any the last three days. The level of everything is a big joke
MarianoV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-18, 19:54   #15
radicke

radicke is on a distinguished road

Miccho make brilliant analyse.I get fear when I saw line up of Spain but Hierro doesn t have enough experience.He should attack in secound half.Russian were tired and with a big holes in defence-Kutyepov and Ignashevich on first place....
radicke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-18, 20:05   #16
Miccho

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarianoV6 View Post
this tournament is turning into a joke, nothing else. And no, i didn't lost any bet and said that cause i haven't take any the last three days. The level of everything is a big joke
Mariano, honestly, compared to club football, the level is very, very low. I think MLS level is much higher than this of 80% of the teams and probably some teams like Toronto or New York City could have made it at least to 1/4 finals at the World Cup.

But of course, World Cup is special, because of its emotional aspect, which is unmatched. Everybody watching football during WC, including women and old people. This makes it so special.

I dunno, but maybe the governing bodies should think about some major reforms, so that they can make International tournaments more competitive. Maybe all the qualifiers should take place simultaneously for a month or two, so that the teams develop team chemistry and cohesion.
Old 01-07-18, 20:07   #17
Miccho

Quote:
Originally Posted by radicke View Post
Miccho make brilliant analyse.I get fear when I saw line up of Spain but Hierro doesn t have enough experience.He should attack in secound half.Russian were tired and with a big holes in defence-Kutyepov and Ignashevich on first place....
He is a clown. He is using Del Bosque old notebooks from 2010. Tiki-taka is dead already, even Guardiola gave up on it. Hierro seems to have been asleep in the last 8 years and missed the fact that it is 2018, not 2010, and nobody plays tiki-taka anymore. It is hacked, demolished and murdered, only fools play tiki-taka nowadays.

Good riddance for these tiki-taking clowns.
Old 01-07-18, 20:23   #18
MarianoV6

The Spain that played against Portugal was more than enough to score 2-3 goals here. But no, the joke coach had to leave Iniesta and Carvajal on the bench and at the end to complete his inspiration, he took out Silva and replaced him with Iniesta He also preferred the nobodies Rodrigo and Aspas than Lucas or Thiago. As you said, the lowest possible level here from coaching aspect as well.

The only thing he had to do is to sit on the bench and leave Spain in auto-pilot and then enjoy all the glory.
Old 01-07-18, 21:30   #19
Macot
Super Moderator

Macot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Actually this tournament is one of the best, many very good matches, great crowd and best refereeing so far.
I do think it is betting aspect that is making us mad: just look what was written in threads, or what is going on in POD - very tought to win, bookmakers fully focused, we are always a step behind.
MAny were trying to win on bookings and could not realise that referees did not want to give many cards, which in my opinion is great.
Also, many unders expected, not so.

We will see how it continues, but Germany out was due to total lack of effort. Out for ARgentina and Spain due to very poor coaching, but that is football.
Old 01-07-18, 21:51   #20
dakashev

dakashev is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macot View Post
Actually this tournament is one of the best, many very good matches, great crowd and best refereeing so far.
I do think it is betting aspect that is making us mad: just look what was written in threads, or what is going on in POD - very tought to win, bookmakers fully focused, we are always a step behind.
MAny were trying to win on bookings and could not realise that referees did not want to give many cards, which in my opinion is great.

We will see how it continues, but Germany out was due to total lack of effort. Out for ARgentina and Spain due to very poor coaching, but that is football.
I can fully agree. In my 15 years of betting experience I have convinced myself that NT games are just not profitable long term. This WC is just another example. Lines are settled precisely, very hard to find value, favorites underperforming big time etc.
Betting wise it is the club football that bring us money.
dakashev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-18, 22:26   #21
Miccho

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakashev View Post
Lines are settled precisely, very hard to find value, favorites underperforming big time etc.
I strongly disagree. Lines are not set precisely, it is just that there is too much random factor in all games, so it is very hard to predict them. In retrospect I can see many games with totally mistaken odds (Germany were 1.12 vs Korea, 1.20 at Half Time), but it was just very hard to pull the trigger.
Old 01-07-18, 23:21   #22
MarianoV6

Quote:

Not everything in life is about betting, let's separate this for start. Regarding betting, i'm doing very well so i can't be mad because of that. So i'm speaking here as a football fan and not even supporting my own NT, Spain. We got what we deserved because we were idiots enough. And that's exactly my argue, how teams like Spain, Portugal, Argentina and Germany can be so idiots? Teams that everyone was thinking at the start that they will go very far. I saw childish and amateur tactical mistakes at all of them, bad mentality, too many wrong things and of course, bad bad coaching.

You know how good Spain, Germany, Portugal and Argentina can be. Is that what you saw? Their best performance? Because i didn't. And when you don't see from teams that are candidate to win this trophy to play at a high level, then simple this tournament is a joke. Just because Iceland got a draw from Argentina that doesn't mean that Iceland has become a world class team. It simple means that Argentina under-performed, hence the level of the tournament was very low.

If anyone wants to make money from national teams, just focus on special bets because there are many mistakes there and often. I mean, seriously, they offered Rogic shots on target every time over 0,5 and not over 1,5 (no matter if France or Peru was the opponent) and if you know Rogic, then you know that he will take a shot at every game, that's what he does at Celtic. Same was with Yoshida passes bet, the mistake there was big.
Old 01-07-18, 23:23   #23
dakashev

dakashev is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miccho View Post
I strongly disagree. Lines are not set precisely, it is just that there is too much random factor in all games, so it is very hard to predict them. In retrospect I can see many games with totally mistaken odds (Germany were 1.12 vs Korea, 1.20 at Half Time), but it was just very hard to pull the trigger.
Opening odds on Germany were 1.30, then dropped on the match day as bettors were expecting reaction from the Mannschaft. This is exactly what we are talking about, no one could predict that the Germans will show total lack of effort in such a decisive game. Also when I browse the POD threads I can see how many WC picks went wrong, probably 90% of all predictions. And rarely you can see such a bad hit rate in POD. This simply comes to prove how difficult it is to bet on WC matches.
dakashev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-18, 23:27   #24
Macot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Not everything in life is about betting, let's separate this for start. Regarding betting, i'm doing very well so i can't be mad because of that. So i'm speaking here as a football fan and not even supporting my own NT, Spain. We got what we deserved because we were idiots enough. And that's exactly my argue, how teams like Spain, Portugal, Argentina and Germany can be so idiots? Teams that everyone was thinking at the start that they will go very far. I saw childish and amateur tactical mistakes at all of them, bad mentality, too many wrong things and of course, bad bad coaching.

You know how good Spain, Germany, Portugal and Argentina can be. Is that what you saw? Their best performance? Because i didn't. And when you don't see from teams that are candidate to win this trophy to play at a high level, then simple this tournament is a joke. Just because Iceland got a draw from Argentina that doesn't mean that Iceland has become a world class team. It simple means that Argentina under-performed, hence the level of the tournament was very low.

If anyone wants to make money from national teams, just focus on special bets because there are many mistakes there and often. I mean, seriously, they offered Rogic shots on target every time over 0,5 and not over 1,5 (no matter if France or Peru was the opponent) and if you know Rogic, then you know that he will take a shot at every game, that's what he does at Celtic. Same was with Yoshida passes bet, the mistake there was big.
I can understand you, mate and it is ok what you wrote.
But thanks goodness we dont watch 2-3 same teams on the top like in Champions League.
Germany had to slipuu once, they will now have big problems to rise again, because confidence had gone and it will be tougher.
Actually, Argentina was rarely well coached, very rarely and that is their problem.
Spain? Polter wrote an interesting thing above... do we think they are still a World Class team? I think not... i mean they were underachievers and losers for 4-5 decades, I watched them end 1970ties, 80ties 90ties and beginning of 00s and they were total losers. They had their golden generation and they have gone now. They are now back to old loser mentality.
Portugal?
They were never a might, not in last 50 years. They are where they belong, among top 20 teams in the World, but not better. They are Euroepan champions and so was Denmark, Greece...
Old 01-07-18, 23:28   #25
MarianoV6

And to be fare to the other teams, GREAT performance from Denmark today (totally deserve the respect), perfect defense from Uruguay yesterday, big fighting spirit from Sweden the other day, a lot of heart at Mexico but it's the same thing as above.

Quote:
Just because Iceland got a draw from Argentina that doesn't mean that Iceland has become a world class team. It simple means that Argentina under-performed, hence the level of the tournament was very low.
Old 01-07-18, 23:29   #26
Macot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakashev View Post
Opening odds on Germany were 1.30, then dropped on the match day as bettors were expecting reaction from the Mannschaft. This is exactly what we are talking about, no one could predict that the Germans will show total lack of effort in such a decisive game. Also when I browse the POD threads I can see how many WC picks went wrong, probably 90% of all predictions. And rarely you can see such a bad hit rate in POD. This simply comes to prove how difficult it is to bet on WC matches.
Exactly.
Regarding Germans, they played all three games the same way... terrible.
Old 01-07-18, 23:35   #27
MarianoV6

Quote:
I can understand you, mate and it is ok what you wrote.
But thanks goodness we dont watch 2-3 same teams on the top like in Champions League.
Well yes and that is a good thing. I must have enjoyed Peru vs Denmark more than France v Argentina, it was a much better game to watch. But that's exactly the issue, from the better teams you expect to enjoy better games. That's the logic at least behind everything. You don't sign a better player because you expect the same crap things as the ones you have.

I did enjoy some games but the overall feeling from the WC is disappointing (regarding level always)
Old 01-07-18, 23:37   #28
Macot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Well yes and that is a good thing. I must have enjoyed Peru vs Denmark more than France v Argentina, it was a much better game to watch. But that's exactly the issue, from the better teams you expect to enjoy better games. That's the logic at least behind everything. You don't sign a better player because the expect the same crap things as the ones you have.

I did enjoy some games but the overall feeling from the WC is disappointing (regarding level always)
you know there is a problem, becuase want it or not, Messi and Ronaldo are getting older, I can agree there is noone to replace them. But who knows, players like Mbappe could do the trick or there is a new Argentinian superkid coming (as every 30 years
Old 02-07-18, 00:04   #29
Karl-Heinz

Karl-Heinz is an unknown quantity at this point

Dont get it. Low level? Which WC had a high level?
Cant remember a really high level WC the last 20 years
Karl-Heinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-18, 00:57   #30
footballeye

footballeye is on a distinguished road

Quote:
you know there is a problem, becuase want it or not, Messi and Ronaldo are getting older, I can agree there is noone to replace them. But who knows, players like Mbappe could do the trick or there is a new Argentinian superkid coming (as every 30 years
The new Argentinean superkid is indeed here, he has spent the whole World Cup on the bench, his name is Dybala. Everybody knows why he's not playing.
Mbappe is better than Cristiano or Messi already IMO.
footballeye is offline   Reply With Quote