This site is for adults 18+ due to gambling/betting content. If you have a problem with gambling issues, or need information, please visit:
Gambling Help Online Gamblers Anonymous Gambling Therapy Gamble Aware Jugadores Anonimos JugarBIEN BeGambleAware GamCare

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > Soccer >
Internationals/Friendlies

Internationals/Friendlies
Analysis and discussions (and predictions) for Internationals and friendly soccer games.

PINNACLE - accept very large stakes! Low juice!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 28-06-18, 05:42   #1
MarianoV6

MarianoV6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Winner prediction

Since this is a betting forum nevertheless, let's open a discussion about who do you think will be the winner of the WC. The idea came when i was asked in a message to pick one. I didn't had put much thought on this till now so i just wrote my first impressions so far. It turned out to be a good idea cause i notice things in my head about some teams which i haven't actually realize. Hence the idea for this thread, to write each one our predicted winner. We all might realize things at the end that we haven't put much thought on it.

Write your reasons too, that's what this thread is about. This is still a forum so it's for the sake of conversation, not just tipsters. No odds, no nothing like that. Pure football discussion. If anyone don't like this, then move on to another thread. Thanx in advance
MarianoV6 is offline   Reply With Quote

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 28-06-18, 06:32   #2
MarianoV6

Usually i make questions to myself to find out which teams answer the most. Questions like that:
"which team has the most solutions if there will be injuries/cards?"
"which team has the best solution to turn a game around if it is needed?"
"Which team has taking this more seriously?" (the more "team" they are, the better")
"Which team has a good coach to win WC?"
etc etc

Russia (Not) - Enthusiastic with the support of their fans but they have minus their coach in my opinion, limited players and not much quality. I don't see also the mentality to win WC.

Uruguay (Not) - A not easy to play against them team but they have issues also. They usually are being cut in the middle between attack and defense. If you press high, then they are in trouble.

Spain (maybe yes) - As long they have Iniesta, Koke and Villa, i can take Spain seriously. Cause other than that... I never liked and trusted Ramos and Pique at the back and i don't trust De Gea after what i have seen. Hierro is not a real coach, he was once a good player and he had good coaches as a player but that's all. So "maybe yes"

Portugal (yes) - As long they have coach Santos at the bench, i can be sure that they will be serious in defense at least. Up front they have Ronaldo (and two more to support him) and no matter that i don't like him, he can be a threat for any team, mostly because of his ego. After all, their style is counter attack football so they don't need more.

France (Not) - Good players overall, some are very talented but a) when you don't have a "coach" inside the pitch, then all that is being wasted. A player like Valbuena is what this team needs, and not Griezmann as "10". b) When you don't have a coach on the bench, then it is even worst.

Denmark (Not) - Another hard team to beat because of their aggressive style but they luck in many things, like changing their gaming style if it is needed, or more solutions on the bench since they are depending a lot on Eriksen. They do have a strong attack for me but the overall team is not enough i believe.

Croatia (Maybe yes) - One of the very few teams that i liked a lot during qualification games. Very serious, very good players, very hard to beat and a lot of quality workers.

Argentina (Not) - Well, we all saw what this Argentina is about. And with all those young players who luck a lot in experience which is very important in a WC tournament, i don't see them at the final. One player alone cannot win a team's game.

Brazil (Maybe yes) - The only thing that saves this team is that the have a good and serious coach, and that they have Paulinho and Coutinho. With those two, it's like watching the Barcelona of Iniesta and Xavi. You just can be sure that they have those two players that can turn things around and that they are serious. Talking about serious....Neymar is exactly the opposite.

Swizterland (Not) - Maybe miracles can happen, but it wont happen every day. Not even with your uncle on your side.

Sweden (Not) - Sweden reminds me a lot of Greece in 2004. Not so much in gaming style but their progress so far. A team that doesn't know to give up, a team that fights a lot, a team that has a constant threat up front with Berg but what if Berg gets injured? Thelin's style is good maybe for domestic league in Belgium but not for WC. And Toivonen is no longer 20 years old. They can go through the round of 16 but after that, it's becoming serious.

Mexico (Not) - My opinion is that their course is only for promotional reasons for the WC in USA/Mexico/Canada. A good coach can find a way to stop them.

England (Yes) - Surprise maybe for some, but yes, i strongly believe that this England can go at least to the final. Very talented generation, a lot of solutions on the bench, not a bad coach (not the greatest also). I can find a few minus but with so many talented players in their squad, the coach has many solutions and a good balance with more experience players. And unlike some other teams, England can shoot outside the box because they are used to do it and trained for it.

Belgium (Yes) - Maybe the most serious team in the tournament for me with many solutions as well and with a good coach. One problem should be their defense but they all work together as a team.

I will write if i must my opinion for the last teams but it is a (Not) anyway. A small question mark for Senegal if they get England or Belgium but so far it's a Not also.

Belgium, England and Portugal are the three most possible. And if i "must" pick a team, then i would say England.

I wrote for all teams and not only for my favorite, just to start the conversation. You can focus on one or on all if you want. Let's argue
Old 28-06-18, 10:22   #3
Palini

Palini is on a distinguished road

I have to agree with almost all of these, with reservations for Brazil. In my opinion they sure got what it takes to win it and I'm sure they can ramp it up even more. At the same time, I see a bit of the Argentina-problem in their game. Neymar as brilliant as he can be at times and create stuff out of nothing, I think Brazil sometimes rely too much on Neymar. I'm starting to think they would be better off without him. That Brazil would fair better if Neymar was a "normal" player and doesn't has to have +10 touches on the ball everytime he get's it.

I would also put Uruguay in the maybe category instead of not. They are solid at the back and really good up front. That is enough to win it, imo. They got what it takes to win this, and as I see it they start to get this "we can win this"-mentality that you need in order to win it.

Same with France. They haven't shown much yet, but they have what it takes and just like Brazil I'm pretty convinced they can raise their game at least one or two levels if necessary. They have shown nothing so far, but still went through with ease, even thoug they have not been tested at all yet. Deschamps is not the best of coaches imho, but he should still be good enough to not ruin it completly. It's still the players that has to do it.
Old 28-06-18, 11:01   #4
FrancisWade

FrancisWade is on a distinguished road

Croatia is my favorite until now...If they keep playing the way they played in the group stage, i believe they can upset the world and go for the trophy.
FrancisWade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-18, 11:25   #5
Miccho

Miccho is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palini View Post
Neymar as brilliant as he can be at times and create stuff out of nothing, I think Brazil sometimes rely too much on Neymar. I'm starting to think they would be better off without him. That Brazil would fair better if Neymar was a "normal" player and doesn't has to have +10 touches on the ball everytime he get's it.
Absolutely agree. Their game becomes too focused on him, and right now Neymar is far from his best form, which is limiting Brazil.

Another problem for them - in this tournament Tite went back to his ultra-conservative tactics, which earned him the nickname "Empatite" ("The guy who makes draws"). Brazil were much more positive in the qualifiers an friendlies, but here at World Cup we got the good ol' Empatite.

I think the game with Mexico will be very tough and balanced.
Miccho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-18, 11:40   #6
Miloske83

Miloske83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Belgium to win wc!!!
Miloske83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-18, 12:21   #7
Silicone Soul

Silicone Soul is on a distinguished road

My pick is Brazil i think they are very motivated to win this time and still to me they have solid team here.All in all i cant say any team looking good to me if we compere previis tournaments where Germany and Spain played really well.This time i think all teams have their problems but still Brazil i think will be team to beat. Belgium have good team but still i cant buy them as they faild manny times with this generation and i think this time will be the same.Croatia looking good and dangerous.
Silicone Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-18, 13:07   #8
Antoni753

Antoni753 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miccho View Post
Absolutely agree. Their game becomes too focused on him, and right now Neymar is far from his best form, which is limiting Brazil.

Another problem for them - in this tournament Tite went back to his ultra-conservative tactics, which earned him the nickname "Empatite" ("The guy who makes draws"). Brazil were much more positive in the qualifiers an friendlies, but here at World Cup we got the good ol' Empatite.

I think the game with Mexico will be very tough and balanced.
Yeah,in some of their friendlies they played 4-3-3 featuring Firminho,Willian,and Neymar upfront and the results were good.It sad that Tite does not rely on Firminho I think he could contribute to the team.I dont find Tite's style appropiate for Brazil,Brazil should be fire
Antoni753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-18, 13:19   #9
Samsula

Samsula has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Dont underestimate France. They are not playing best football here, but it is obvious they only care about result. With good organisation at back, and midlle, they are good in defending, and up front they have what it takes to score at least one. It is obvious like i said that they dont care to play good, but to win tournament. And let us dont forget that back in 2010, Spain won it, and score 8 goals in 7 games.
Samsula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-18, 13:31   #10
Samsula

Samsula has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Knockout stages have always been easier for some teams. As situation is going on so far, Spain and Croatia could very easily find their way to final, as i expect them to play in 1/4 finals.. Other teams dont have such experience and quality to go trough from that part of draw. At least it is my opinion. So i already have taken Spain to play in final at least at odds @3...Something like France-Spain is my view of final game
Samsula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-18, 22:49   #11
sirac

sirac is on a distinguished road

I said it on the other thread: its Brazil cup to lose. For me they are best team in tournement. Well coached, supet fitness level, good organisation, very good players up-front. But ofc not everytime the best team wins, there will be a game when they will have to grind it out, and anothet where luck will play its part, like penalties. I see people rating this Mexic higher, i dont give them not even 1% chances of progressing over Brazil. They simply failed from group stages, all they had to do was take a draw vs Sweden and avoid Brazil, and have easier way for QF. But no, they couldnt handle the pressure and looked like they didnt know what to do. They made it so easy for Sweden, and their defense like always weakest part. Sure they got great talent up-front with Chicarito, Vela, Lozano, they are catching for the eye, but lets face it: they always fail in big games. Simply Brazil is a banker for me.
Spain possible finalist but they still receive too many goals for my liking, great trio behind Costa but they dont look really organised, and prolly its because of Lopetegui case. Dont see them winning it but they should easily dispose of Russia. Belgium is strong no doubt about that, and they have the easiest opponent in last 16 , i think they will destroy Japan. But after that comes the big game vs Brazil, where it will be tight and it will be like a final, that should be their real test. They are not without chances but for me Selecao is favorite.
France is not clicking. Im pretty sure they didnt played to their potential in group stages, they definitelly got the talent but i just dont see them making it, mainly because of Deschamps and his pasive tactics, but they seem to recovered Mendy and Sidibe and already switched to using Giroud and Griezmann up-front altghough Griezmann did plays like a 10 which is not too good for him. Prolly the game against argies will tell us more.
England hasnt been tested yet. I think they will fail against Columbia, i already have a bet on Columbia to reach quarters but there are still some question marks about south-americans fitness level, about James, they looked so poor today and so good against Poland, really dont know what to make out of them, but surely England looked fit and capable of creating chances, but also teams like Tunisia or Panama arent really the teams you would want to test your real potential. But still dont get how people can rate them as tittle contenders, this team is so overrated, inexperienced and without big games at this level, the back 3 is crap, gk shaky, midfielders not much creativity,ok hard working and good stamina for pressing but much will depend on Alli-Kane up-front which i consider the real talent in the squad, Sterling hasnt scored in million years, the bench looked almost dreadfull today, altghough clearly they didnt cared about Belgium game. Yea it looks like an easy path and even if they make it somehow, they gonna be an easy pray in semis, but i would rather put my money on not making it.
Portugal is big NO for me even with that good coach on bench, they already had their miracle two years ago and they looked lucky and average so far but we' ve seen it before, but everything has a limit. I dont think they will get passed Uruguay. Which is another team i wouldnt exclude from potential winners. Great experience in the team, killer duo up-front altghough they suffer offensivelly as they dont have much creativity in midfield but its a team of figheters and can grind out games. They can be the new Portugal of this WC.
Old 29-06-18, 02:46   #12
AGUERO

AGUERO has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Belgium showed the best football
And if Argentina cannot take it - let it be Belgium.
But they look like some golden generations of Netherlands, who had everything to win the trophy - but they lost two finals.
Reason?
Expect football one, you can see the reason by looking the map, globe, W.C history books and too see that after 1950 W.C winer was always big country,with huge population and market.
Can Belgium brake that rule ? Yes, if they win Brazil in 1/4

From second side I dont see someone who can take the trophy . Spain and England have easier task to reach the 1/2 (on paper)
No mether who will come to final from that Eng/spain side , it will be trushed in a final from Belgium, Brazil, And way not, Argentina

Conclusion - left side brings the winer.
5/10 Brazil
2/10 Belgium
1.5/10 Argentina
1.5/10 Portugal
Old 29-06-18, 09:50   #13
Wilson
Super Moderator

Wilson is on a distinguished road

I support and i hope Croatia can make it but i'm realizing that most of the winners or the finalist in the recent World cups have always faced lot of difficulties, like both Italy and France in 2006, Spain in 2010 by winning most of their games by one goal margin, or 4 years ago Argentina could reach the final by playing ugly football. IMO in order to reach the final or to win you need a solid defense and so far only Uruguay have showed some real strong defensive skills and with an experienced Goalkeeper. of course struggled against Egypt and Saudi but gained power offensively against the hosts by scoring 3.

Uruguay have been a thought team to face for Brazil, Argentina, Colombia and it should be for most of the european teams as well. They have the potential and can try something here. I see lot of value on Uruguay to reach the semi finals @4.50 and why not trying with small stake Uruguay winner @23
Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-18, 10:24   #14
egomax

egomax is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
I support and i hope Croatia can make it but i'm realizing that most of the winners or the finalist in the recent World cups have always faced lot of difficulties, like both Italy and France in 2006, Spain in 2010 by winning most of their games by one goal margin, or 4 years ago Argentina could reach the final by playing ugly football. IMO in order to reach the final or to win you need a solid defense and so far only Uruguay have showed some real strong defensive skills and with an experienced Goalkeeper. of course struggled against Egypt and Saudi but gained power offensively against the hosts by scoring 3.

Uruguay have been a thought team to face for Brazil, Argentina, Colombia and it should be for most of the european teams as well. They have the potential and can try something here. I see lot of value on Uruguay to reach the semi finals @4.50 and why not trying with small stake Uruguay winner @23
I've your some idea about Uruguay, probably the only team that can "beat" (overtime or S.O. included) Brazil and Belgium (my favourites to gain the final victory).
Croatia, in the other part of the draw, is at least at the same level of Spain, while England (or Colombia...) probably finished their adventure in semifinal.
All in all, I think that the winner will be Brazil on top, Belgium slightly under, Spain as runner-up, Uruguay as surprise, and Croatia underdog.
egomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-18, 15:22   #15
Miccho

Miccho is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirac View Post
I said it on the other thread: its Brazil cup to lose. For me they are best team in tournement. Well coached, supet fitness level, good organisation, very good players up-front. But ofc not everytime the best team wins, there will be a game when they will have to grind it out, and anothet where luck will play its part, like penalties. I see people rating this Mexic higher, i dont give them not even 1% chances of progressing over Brazil. They simply failed from group stages, all they had to do was take a draw vs Sweden and avoid Brazil, and have easier way for QF. But no, they couldnt handle the pressure and looked like they didnt know what to do. They made it so easy for Sweden, and their defense like always weakest part. Sure they got great talent up-front with Chicarito, Vela, Lozano, they are catching for the eye, but lets face it: they always fail in big games. Simply Brazil is a banker for me.
Spain possible finalist but they still receive too many goals for my liking, great trio behind Costa but they dont look really organised, and prolly its because of Lopetegui case. Dont see them winning it but they should easily dispose of Russia. Belgium is strong no doubt about that, and they have the easiest opponent in last 16 , i think they will destroy Japan. But after that comes the big game vs Brazil, where it will be tight and it will be like a final, that should be their real test. They are not without chances but for me Selecao is favorite.
France is not clicking. Im pretty sure they didnt played to their potential in group stages, they definitelly got the talent but i just dont see them making it, mainly because of Deschamps and his pasive tactics, but they seem to recovered Mendy and Sidibe and already switched to using Giroud and Griezmann up-front altghough Griezmann did plays like a 10 which is not too good for him. Prolly the game against argies will tell us more.
England hasnt been tested yet. I think they will fail against Columbia, i already have a bet on Columbia to reach quarters but there are still some question marks about south-americans fitness level, about James, they looked so poor today and so good against Poland, really dont know what to make out of them, but surely England looked fit and capable of creating chances, but also teams like Tunisia or Panama arent really the teams you would want to test your real potential. But still dont get how people can rate them as tittle contenders, this team is so overrated, inexperienced and without big games at this level, the back 3 is crap, gk shaky, midfielders not much creativity,ok hard working and good stamina for pressing but much will depend on Alli-Kane up-front which i consider the real talent in the squad, Sterling hasnt scored in million years, the bench looked almost dreadfull today, altghough clearly they didnt cared about Belgium game. Yea it looks like an easy path and even if they make it somehow, they gonna be an easy pray in semis, but i would rather put my money on not making it.
Portugal is big NO for me even with that good coach on bench, they already had their miracle two years ago and they looked lucky and average so far but we' ve seen it before, but everything has a limit. I dont think they will get passed Uruguay. Which is another team i wouldnt exclude from potential winners. Great experience in the team, killer duo up-front altghough they suffer offensivelly as they dont have much creativity in midfield but its a team of figheters and can grind out games. They can be the new Portugal of this WC.
Overall excellent analysis, although with two remarks.

First, u didnt mention Croatia, and I believe they can go very far. Second, I downgrade Spain. At this moment with this clueless coach and the horrible form of Ramos/Pique/DeGea, Spain seems like another Germany to me, and I believe had they played in the same group like Germany, they would have been heading home already. Fortunately for them, Russia seems impotent and poor, as well, but if Spain keeps playing like in the last two games, this 1/8 final can turn to be very balanced.
Miccho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-18, 17:58   #16
WiserthantheCrowd

WiserthantheCrowd is on a distinguished road

My favorites are France and Brazil. I've taken both to win in the outright market although it obviously would have been better to pick a team from the top half of the draw and another from the bottom half of the draw rather than 2 teams that could well meet in the SF.

I do rate Brazil as the favorites. I like France - they certainly have the talent and depth in their squad although there remain questions as to whether they function as good as some of the other teams.

In terms of the outsiders I like Belgium although they no longer are outsiders in terms of the odds and I thus do not see value. I'm also weary of touching a team that has never been in the finals, never mind winning the thing. I'd be surprised if we see a "newcomer" in the finals... It's difficult to gain entry to the "club" of winners here.

Portugal don't look convincing to me. I think they will exit against Uruguay. England are too young and inexperienced for me although I would not exclude a deep run. Spain, of course, can never be excluded but I don't see them as likely winners...

Beyond that it is difficult to see a possible contender.
WiserthantheCrowd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-18, 10:23   #17
Palini

Palini is on a distinguished road

Not that many real surprises either in this World Cup. If you look at how the groups played out, Sweden took Germanys place and Japan edged out Senegal/Poland, but other than that all the groups ended up pretty much exactly as expected.

I'm sure I'm not the only one disappointed in the african teams performances. Not one single team making it to the knock out phase. Asia only have Japan, but that almost seem better than expected. From CONCACAF also only Mexico made it, so it's pretty much an all South American/European affair.

One should also look at the general feel of the teams. Which one's are on the way "up" and which one's are on the way "down". Now is the time to put in second gear. Here's how I see it.

Uruguay - up, after that big, convincing win against Russia.

Russia - down, superb start but now Uruguay should have popped that balloon.

Spain - neutral. Only small glimses of brilliance, but still made enough to win the group.

Portugal - down. Ronaldo did not look the same after that missed penalty. So maybe slightly down.

France - neutral.

Denmark - up, I think the group stage went easier and better than they had expected, hence slightly up for them.

Croatia - Up. All convincing and looks soooo much more solid and better than in the qualifications.

Argentina - Up, still since they made it so late to the knock out phase.

Brazil - Up.

Switzerland - down. Costa Rica created tons of chances agains them and got the 2-2 in the end.

Sweden - up. Boosted by the big win against Mexiko.

Mexico - down. Thought they had won the group and escaped Brazil, when Germany ruined it and then crashed against Sweden.

Belgium - neutral. Last group game nothing but a farse.

England - neutral.

Colombia - up. Terrible start but pulled themselves together and performed well under big pressure.

Japan - down. Rather luckily went through despite losing.
Old 30-06-18, 11:12   #18
Cyrus

Cyrus is an unknown quantity at this point

La gazetta del sport (hopefully spelled right) most chances is giving Croatia than Belgium. Hopefully we will see them in final. It will be hard but they showed the most in the first part. Im Croatian and Im hoping for us to prevail. Although I have bet on Belgium+Lukaku before start of the championship.
Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-18, 12:16   #19
sirac

sirac is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miccho View Post
Overall excellent analysis, although with two remarks.

First, u didnt mention Croatia, and I believe they can go very far. Second, I downgrade Spain. At this moment with this clueless coach and the horrible form of Ramos/Pique/DeGea, Spain seems like another Germany to me, and I believe had they played in the same group like Germany, they would have been heading home already. Fortunately for them, Russia seems impotent and poor, as well, but if Spain keeps playing like in the last two games, this 1/8 final can turn to be very balanced.
Yes i didnt because they are not on my list. I dont think they have what it takes to win it. Surely a good solid team, with some great individuals that can go far, they can even take out Spain on a good day, but im not really sold into them, they havent really been tested,except Nigeria game which they handled it well, but that group wasnt really a hard one, and when i say tested, i mean being down or game is equal and they really go for the win in last minutes, putting all they go, thats how i see how far a team can go, so im gonna wait for Denmark game, its a very tricky one for Croatia. Indeed Spain lacks that solidity which matters the most in a long tourney, but they can surely dig in and compensate with offense. It has worked so far but ofc it wont work for long, so youre prolly right.
Old 30-06-18, 12:28   #20
Cyrus

I guess you are right. We (Croatia) could go from good to bad when under pressure, when we are goal behind or something like that. Our best play is when already leading. Hopefully we can score first in each match, that would be huge advantage for us. Beginning of matches againt Argentina and Brasil (friendly) were really good, so if we handle the first part of the match well and score a goal first, we should prevail.
Old 30-06-18, 12:30   #21
Cyrus

About having what it takes, we certainly have. We just have to keep it tight and build the game from there. Its quite possible to go all the way then.
Old 03-07-18, 23:04   #22
MarianoV6

Since we are going on the last stages now, i am very much convinced about picking England as winner and i think that final might be Brazil vs England
Old 03-07-18, 23:20   #23
Macot
Super Moderator

Macot is on a distinguished road

I am not completely sure if you are serious but I agree about England in the finals. But Brasil will need to win against Belgium and France first, that will be very tough
Old 04-07-18, 07:36   #24
Cyrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus View Post
La gazetta del sport (hopefully spelled right) most chances is giving Croatia than Belgium. Hopefully we will see them in final. It will be hard but they showed the most in the first part. Im Croatian and Im hoping for us to prevail. Although I have bet on Belgium+Lukaku before start of the championship.
Closing in on my thoughts about Belgium vs Croatia final. English newspapers were full of **** after our poor game against Denmark, but they can shut up after yesterdays below par performance of England. They would have lost easily if only Columbia could have played better.

Anyhow, we and England are on the same side of the draw, side that is much easier than the side were Brasil, France, Belgium and Urugvay are. If we play at least 70% of our best play, we are playing in final for sure.

Belgium will have 2 big tests. First Brasil then probably France. If they beat Brasil (I would give them some at least 35-40% chances), they can even outplay France then. It wont be easy. Hopefully, Lukaku will improve his aim soon, as I believe he owes us goals.

Great knockout matches so far, lets enjoy till the end.
Old 04-07-18, 11:07   #25
egomax

egomax is on a distinguished road

After this round, Brasil has shown the best team organization (obviously IMO), while France has best attack (Mbappè Griezmann Giroud Dembelè). Belgium continue to suffer in defense, but all players have the hungry to win, and above all they are sure of their power.
Uruguay without Cavani has lost the best player, and it will be very difficult to beat France.
Croatia has a tough match against Russia, but is necessary that they take a clear victory: in other case, the final is not sure.
England good, but also too young (inexperience) to win against teams on the other side: probably they'll beat Sweden, but semifinal is hard against Croatia (yes!).

All in all, Brasil and Belgium are my favorites.
egomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-18, 02:23   #26
AGUERO

AGUERO has a little shameless behaviour in the past

2 bad for Cavani.. Uruguay didnt lost game from France.
I would like to see S.A semi final Ur-Brazil
Old 06-07-18, 18:45   #27
litost

litost is on a distinguished road

all set for a new era .... newbie at finals croatia vs belgium ..... to play for the big trophy
Old 06-07-18, 19:15   #28
WiserthantheCrowd

WiserthantheCrowd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by litost View Post
all set for a new era .... newbie at finals croatia vs belgium ..... to play for the big trophy
Brazil/France vs. England still is my call.
WiserthantheCrowd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-18, 19:23   #29
Cyrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by litost View Post
Thank you litost. You are voice of the wise on this forum.
Old 06-07-18, 19:31   #30
litost

litost is on a distinguished road

cheers ...

thats only what my book says .... and this witch i endulge on ocasions with wich has overdeath conversations with that great dude long gone ... detritus for those wandering fishes for a while ....
master of the 4 SEAS ........... PAUL THE OCTOPUS (sic)!! ....