This site is for adults 18+ due to gambling/betting content. If you have a problem with gambling issues, or need information, please visit:
Gambling Help Online Gamblers Anonymous Gambling Therapy Gamble Aware Jugadores Anonimos JugarBIEN BeGambleAware GamCare

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > ChitChat and Competitions > Contests/Competitions

Contests/Competitions Forum contests and other competitions run by BA or other websites. Join and win!!
PINNACLE - accept very large stakes! Low juice!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 27-06-18, 21:27   #1
Macot
Super Moderator

Macot is on a distinguished road
Default **WC POD 28/06/2018**

Here are main rules, you will find others here:

http://forum.bettingadvice.com/showthread.php?t=110009

Price booty will be a bit higher than for regular POD, 1st place will be awarded with 150 EUR, second place with 100 EUR and third place will bring 50 EUR!

Here are the rules:

The Competition

The competition has the purpose to gather the best bets of a certain day of WC 2018. It's for fun, but the competition can also be a good place for tipsters to find picks quicker than browsing all pages. You can place your Pick of the day and score points if it satisfies the conditions that are stated below. The competition lasts one month and in that period, a contestant must give exactly 8 picks. YOU CAN ENTER THE COMPETITION UNTIL IT IS POSSIBLE TO PICK EIGHT POD-s. It means, entering competition after only 7 days of the WC left, is not possible. Every missing pick till 8 at the end of the month will be punished with -100 points per missing pick.
You must be a registered user of this forum to participate. You must have a unique IP address, not more than one competitor can use the same address.
Odds must be between 1.50 and 3.50 and only odds taken from these 3 bookmakers are allowed:

Bet365
Pinnacle
SBOBet

You must write arguments for your pick or at least give a link to a prediction on BA main page, written by yourself.
About the conditions

You can only give one pick per day. Your pick must be different to all other placed picks, but you can back another team/player in the same game as someone else has taken. For your pick to count, it must be posted at least 1 hour before the event starts.

You cannot back the same team/player as someone else even if you take a different bet type (for example handicap bet, different game total etc.). But this rule applies only for quarterfinals/semifinals/finals of the WC!!! In the group phase of WC and in 1/8 finals you can take picks that were already taken by other users!!!

You can take these bet types (but only inside allowed odds from 1,50 to 3,50!):

-Asian handicap bets (final or HT)
-European handicap bets (final or HT)
-Over/Under bets (Game total) (final or HT)
-Home/Draw/Away bets (final or HT)
-Double Chance (1X,12,X2)
-Both teams to score (Yes/No)
-Half time/Full time
-Player to score (anytime scorer, first scorer)
-Number of corners (final or HT)
-Number of cards
-First team to score (Yes/No)
-Second team to score (Yes/No)
-number of goals scored team 1/team 2

You must write the correct bookie and correct odds in the time of your posting.

Scoring

A pick that was wrong will cost you 100 points. When you've made a correct pick, and it satisfied the conditions, you will gain 100 (Odds-1) points. For example, a successful pick @ 1.85 will give you 85 points. This is the net profit if you had staked 100 units. Asian Handicaps will be calculated accoringly to the net profit. It is not allowed to pick odds below 1,50 and above 3,50.
The contestant that scores the highest number of points with 8 picks, will win the monthly competition. In case he fails to give 8 picks, 100p-for every missing pick- will be deducted from his score.
To win Special WC POD you MUST make 8 bets ! Hopefully we will have time to update the standings everyday, but there may be some delays from time to time.

Good luck to all!!!!!

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 27-06-18, 21:32   #2
Macot
Super Moderator

Macot is on a distinguished road

POD #5
So far 3/0/1
+330

20:00 Belgium v England, take Over 2,5 goals @2,25 Pinnacle

Many questionmarks over this match, it is almost certain that both managers will do (many) changes to their teams, they will know who their oponents might be in 1/8 finals as the last group will actually be played first. But I think there is no big difference between playing Senegal, Colombia or Japan, all these teams showed some good performances and they are pretty equal.
So, what I expect is a solid match, a watchable one. Pressure will be low, but fringe players will try to impress and that should be a guarantee for a good match.
Both teams score a lot, they play open football so I think we should see goals, perhaps another 2-2 draw (this time with odds at my pick )?
GL

1-0 pick lost!

Last edited by Macot; 28-06-18 at 20:45.
Macot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-18, 21:46   #3
sirac

sirac is on a distinguished road

Pick # 3 ( 0-0-2...-100)
Poland-Japan
Pick: over 3
Odds: 2.85
Bookie: Bet365

Well so far we have seen most of the dogs which underperformed in first 2 games really performing better in final game: saudis won over Egypt, Costa Rica drew with Switzerland, Peru won Australia so you'd think now that Poland is out they will be up to the task to redeem themselves a bit. For me its a big question mark if they able to do that. They looked like a mess to be honest so far, obsolutelly in bad shape, total poor at the back, no midfield support for Lewa, really hard to see from where they gonna bring fresh air. But imo they will have a chance here because they will play Japan a team which looked very suspicious at the back to me and they also struggle to cope with other physicall teams. But on the other hand they do go forward, they like playing straightforward using their speed and they did scored 4 goals so far and i think they are perfectly capable of continueing this way. They will need a draw here but its not in their mentality to play mind games. Im assuming they will struggle to cope with Lewa and im assuming somehow polish coach will find a way for better deliveries to him, if not this game then when?
1-0 pick lost

Last edited by Macot; 28-06-18 at 19:29.
sirac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-18, 21:48   #4
Arbiter Elegantiarum
Administrator
Site admin

Arbiter Elegantiarum is an unknown quantity at this point

Pick #5
2-1-1 +100

Senegal v Colombia
Total Bookings over 4.25 odds: 1.96 @ Pinnacle

Decisive game in group H and I expect a big battle here. The onus is on Colombia to attack while Senegal should be defensive here. Both sides tackled quite a lot in first two games. Big battle in midfield expected with Senegal possibly fielding 3 central midfielders and they'll have to deal with James and Quintero. Senegal has a lot of tall and physically strong players and that leads to them fouling often when they overpower opponents. Both sides have some very fast wingers(Mane, Sarr, Cuadrado) so it's another opportunity for cards, as in decisive game they'll have to be stopped by any means necessary and that means also by tactical fouls. There should be a lot of nerves here and players could lose composure in second half, players from both sides are temperamental. If Colombia can't find an early goal Senegal will waste time a lot in the second half, like African sides ten to do a lot, and that's another opportunity for cards. On the other hand if Colombia leads in second half Senegalese might easily become frustrated and start to hack Colombians.

Referee is Milorad Mazic: https://int.soccerway.com/referees/milorad-mazic/45554/ So not a card crazy referee but he doesn't hesitate to show cards when there is a valid reason. Here I think Senegal and Colombia will fight a great battle and give referee a lot of reasons to book the players.
2 bookings pick lost

Last edited by Macot; 28-06-18 at 19:31.
Arbiter Elegantiarum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-18, 21:54   #5
kicma
Freshman

kicma is on a distinguished road

Pick 3

0-0-2 -200

Panama ***8211; Tunisia
Pick: Tunisia -1,5 AH
Odds: 3.10

Game of two teams that have no chance to stay in competition. They both lost against favorites England and Belgium but Tunisia showed much better football, especially against England. I'm sure they'll give their best to get 3 points here and show attacking football. Panama should also play more open now when everything is over but they are at least one class below Tunisia and probably weakest team on the tournament. I wouldn't be suprised to see another big loss for them. Tunisia is not at all bad team, in some other group I think they would be candidates for 2nd place and I they will want to show good and attacking football against Panama.
1-2 Pick lost!

Last edited by Macot; 28-06-18 at 20:56.
kicma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-18, 03:23   #6
hovi

hovi is an unknown quantity at this point

Pick #4 Won 2 Lost 1 +287
Soccer - World Cup Russia
Game - Japan vs. Poland
Pick: Over 2.5 goals
Odds: 2.13
Bookie: Pinnacle

Of course everyone knows that Poland has been already eliminated from the World Cup after losing their first two games. The game against Senegal was perhaps more equal, still defensive errors cost them in what was a 2-1 loss in the end, while in the second game they were outclassed by Colombia and their defense looked even worse as they lost the game with 2-1 in the end. But in qualifying for the World Cup they scored 28 goals in 10 games winning 8 of them, and interesting statistic all 10 qualifying games played by Poland ended with over 2.5 goals scored, both games so far at the World Cup ended with over 2.5 goals scored as well, and now in a game where they are pressure free and expected to attack in order to save some face why not take the over 2.5 goals bet especially since odds are over 2.00 .
Also in the last 3 friendly games played prior to the World Cup, Poland played games with over 2.5 goals as they drew 2-2 against Chile, won 3-2 against South Korea and 4-0 against Lithuania, just that in their first two games played they were not efficient in front of goal and it cost them a lot. Japan on the other hand took advantage of the fact that Colombia received a red card in the 3rd minute of their opening game, won it 2-1, in the second game they were twice behind against Senegal, but managed a 2-2 draw. Their last game before the World Cup was a 4-2 win against Paraguay, they are pretty clinical up-front and want the win in order to finish 1st this group, altough both England and Belgium are very bad opponents for them past this group stage. Still no reason for them to not be attacking here, similar to what Poland should do, and over 2.5 goals looks like a solid bet.
1-0 pick lost

Last edited by Macot; 28-06-18 at 19:31.
hovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-18, 09:42   #7
SBEP

SBEP is on a distinguished road

POD #1

16.00 Japan - Poland Over 4 Bookings @2.73

Well we all know that Japan need one point and Poland are already out from this competition, but i am not expecting Poland to come with white flag on this game.For sure they will want to score goals and to play good game, as we saw on past games where team that are out from WC give 100%. Japan also will not play on draw here, knowing how much Poland can be dangerous in attack.

The referee here is Janny Sikazwe who give the most yellow cards in this WC (8Yellow cards in first round Belgium - Panama), this year he gave 19yellow cards and 2red cards on 4games. If Poland takes the lead it could be very tense game with lots of fouls and yellow cards like we saw in the last round of this WC.

My pick is here o4 yellow card.
1 yellow card pick lost

Last edited by Macot; 28-06-18 at 19:32.
SBEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-18, 11:36   #8
vividaniel

vividaniel is on a distinguished road
Default pick 2

0-0-1 -100

JAPAN VS POLAND

pick Lewandovski anytime scorer

odd 2,28 Pinnacle

I will definitlly try this bet today.The main reson is because I am pretty sure Poland will score maybe more than once.So who can do this in that moment for Poland if not their top scorer and the main star.In fact he deserve to score at this world cup.He is the best scorer in the all qualification groups with 16 goals one more than Ronaldo and scored in the last 3 friendlys before the turnement begined.He showed some decent moments in this two games played here something that I can"t say about the other attacking players Milik,Kovnacki or Teodorczyk whos anyway play not much.Also I must take in mind that he is the penaltyes kiker.So for me if Poland will score and I have a great confidence in that Levandowski wil be the man.I think that a very good bet can be even Levandowski first scorer at much better odds
pick lost

vividaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-18, 13:03   #9
Gvdw

Gvdw is on a distinguished road

Pick # 2 (1-0-0) +90
Senegal - Colombia
Pick: Colombia -1 AH
Odd: 2.43
Bet365

Senegal needs only a point to qualify while Colombia needs a win. Even tough Senegal already has 4 points they didn***8217;t look great at the back against Japan conceding 2 easy goals. Colombia were unlucky in the first match against Japan with a red card and penalty against after only 3 minutes but they showed how good they are against Poland given them no chance in the 3-0 win. Colombia has much more quality in the squad as Senegal and with Sanchez and Mina they have an excellent block in the defense to stop Senegal. I expect Colombia to grab the vital win.
0-1 pick void

Gvdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-18, 13:47   #10
Mindozas

Mindozas is an unknown quantity at this point

Pick#6 2w/2l/1hl +97

Colombia - Senegal

Pick: over3.5
Odds: 3.50
Bookie: Bet365

Situation is quite complicated in this group. Only thing is sure that Poland is out, then everything is open. Senegal would qualify with a draw. If Japan will lose, for Colombia draw also would be enough to do so too. Anyway, it's hard to expect Colombia wait for favor from Poles. They played fantastic game vs Poland, offensivelly looked just great, from positional game to counters. great passing, fine finishing. For Senegal it will be very tough to handle South Americans, if they'll play this way again and I'm quite sure they will. Moreover I didn't really like they way Senegal performed defensively thus far. They looks a bit disorganized, chaotic at times, slow getting back, Japan perfectly took advantage of it. For Colombia it shouldn't be a problem too. Basically it was more of offensive game, which helped Senegal to secured 4pts. Of course a bit of luck too. They has individual quality there, they are fast, pacy, very dangerous on counters. Maybe lacks a bit of organization, but still there is quality with which Colombians will have lot of job to do.
All in all, I don't think it will some cautious game. Colombians vs Poland proved that they won't hesitate to go forward since very beginning and take risks and it paid out. I guess tactics won't chance. Meanwhile Senegal isn't patient team, which would be able to defend all game long. They are like most West African teams, loves to attack on their own and decide the outcome. Bearing in mind quite good efficiency from both sides, I guess goals might be good option to bet on. GL
1-0 pick lost!

Last edited by Macot; 28-06-18 at 20:45.
Mindozas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-18, 13:56   #11
Serpico_re

Serpico_re is on a distinguished road

pick4
-25, 1-0-2

Japan -Poland
over3.5
bet365

Poland goalscorers were unlucky on this champ, like Germany. It strange, but teams are fighting hard, we saw small teams dying for evry ball. Japan is a hard working team, but i will go for Poland to explode this time, Japan will surely close themself but i do not see poland going on pitch to time pass by. So for me thi sis high scoring game where Poland might surprise japan with a win. it means nothing but it means for them. and all those unlucky shots on goal might come back here. Japan have strong defence but still i do not trust them, as i watched a lot japanese football and i know how buzzing they can be. so with quick goal, match can open up
0-1 Pick lost!

Last edited by Macot; 28-06-18 at 20:46.
Serpico_re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-18, 13:59   #12
LiDi
Freshman

LiDi is on a distinguished road

Pick#6 2w/3l +185

Colombia - Senegal

Pick: x
Odds: 3.50
Bookie: SBObet

Yesterday we had some blows with Sweden thrashing big favs Mexico and South Korea sending reigning champions home to Germany. Today everybody sees Colombia as a banker but Senegal is not a team to ignore, just like the scandinavians against Mexico.
Senegal has big force in their legs, very solid players with strong physical attributes, they run to cover spaces, make better collective efforts than other African teams and of course good quality upfront with ones like Mane, Balde or Niang, players from Premiership, Ligue 1 or Serie A. Colombians often failed to deliver the expected performances when they were huge favs. Won 3-0 against Poland but in the first match do not forget big mistakes they made in defence, losing 1-2 to Japan. Senegal scored twice in every previous match, 2-1 against Poland, 2-2 with the Asians. I see an entertaining match this afternoon in Russia with both teams getting on the scoresheet. 1-1 is my forecast and Senegal to qualify for knock-out stages at WC.
1-0 pick lost!

LiDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-18, 15:26   #13
Steway
Freshman

Steway is on a distinguished road

Pick 3 0W/1V/1L -100

Panama-Tunesia

Pick: 2(-1,5)
Odds: 3.3
Bookie: bet365

Tunesia was a bit unlucky imo. They played quite decently but are out of the contest, as well as Panama, of course.
Both teams could not get any points at all and are just playing for getting 3rd. Panama was very weak and maybe it is the weakest team in the whole contest. If Tunesia will play as against England, then I have no doubt that the score will be 3-0 or 4-0 at the end.
Good luck!
1-2 Pick lost!

Last edited by Macot; 28-06-18 at 20:56.
Steway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-18, 17:52   #14
DZovan

DZovan is on a distinguished road

England - Belgium

Pick: 2
Odds: 3.46
Bookie: Pinnacle

IMO this match will be more important for Belgium to win because at draw result England will win the group and will avoid Colombia. Roberto Martinez sure wants to play against Japan and have another easy job in the 1/8 finals, wait for fully recover for star striker Lukaku. This will be the first important clash for both sides at this tournament, after wins against Tunisia and Panama, one of the weakest teams at WC 2018. Remember that England struggled a bit against Tunisia, scoring a late winner from Kane in the last five minutes. Maybe there will be a rotation for Southgate as well and I rate Belgium reserve options better than English bench players. Hazard is potential key player tonight and IMO he will be the man of the match as he is in great shape.
0-1 Pick won!

DZovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-18, 17:52   #15
hashishmaster

hashishmaster is on a distinguished road

Pick #5 (3W-0V-1L) (+221)

Event: World Cup 2018 Russia
Match: Panama - Tunisia
Pick: Over 2,5
Odds: 2.05
Bookmaker: Sbobet

Both will look for 1st points at this tournament in this meaningless match regardless qualification but there is a lot to play for still, pride, points, country, fans. When you see Panama's players and fans especially celebrating a goal when result was 6-0, it was just incredible. Because of that I must think that (maybe i am wrong) they will go for more goals on this tournament and why not to when they are facing much, much easier opponent than first two. Tunisia are well deserved favorites but i am on goals here. They played open football vs giant Belgium so no need to be rigid this time vs easiest opponent in the group. We saw a lost of ridiculous penalties so why not same here. I expect open play and chances on both sides, just need finishing to be good and we will see some goals tonight.
Pick won!

Last edited by Macot; 28-06-18 at 20:47.
hashishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote