This site is for adults 18+ due to gambling/betting content. If you have a problem with gambling issues, or need information, please visit:
Gambling Help Online Gamblers Anonymous Gambling Therapy Gamble Aware Jugadores Anonimos JugarBIEN BeGambleAware GamCare

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > Soccer >
Internationals/Friendlies

Internationals/Friendlies
Analysis and discussions (and predictions) for Internationals and friendly soccer games.

PINNACLE - accept very large stakes! Low juice!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 26-06-18, 18:48   #1
Wilson
Super Moderator

Wilson is on a distinguished road
Default Group E - Third Round 26.06. 20:00 Serbia - Brazil

6.66 4.35 1.51
Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 26-06-18, 23:43   #2
madugu_gorge
Freshman

madugu_gorge is on a distinguished road

I don't bet on international games (and I won't do it for this game either cause I am Serbian, and I want to rip my throat with screaming tomorrow and cheer for my country), but I don't see the way we can parry pacey squad like Brazil is. (yeah, yeah...you should never mix your personal bias in betting bla bla bla bla bla....I can't help it, you know)

How I see it, our "coach" (purposely put it in quotes) is in a loose-loose situation.

1. Defensively we are one of the worst teams in the tournament. Our mediocre quality centre-backs are not that well-coordinated, and how can they be when they are about to play their third game together (or maybe 4th), while our full backs (experience aside) are pretty slow and they also like spending too much time on oposition's half. They are going to be eaten alive by Neymar and Wilian/Costa (with help of offensively such good full backs Selecao has). Just a huge quality/technique/pace difference. Also, I already see Coutinho roaming freely between the lines. We were sooooo terrible in defending this against Shaquiri and Dzemaili last match vs Switzerland. How many times did Shaquiri got the ball all alone at ~25m of goal? Was it 15 times? 30? How is this possible when you have two good deep lying center middlefielders on the field (Milivojevic and Matic)? I have no idea. All I know is that it will be a disaster if one of the best long shooters in the world is going to have so much space against the worst professional goalkeeper when it comes to saving long shots (he is great at some other areas though).

Every time we tried pulling back, we were allowing so many clear cut chanses for opponents. Unbelievable! At this age, when all the teams are perfecting that zone defense stupid Mourinho implemented. We play it very narrowly, but the block is never in place. I just don't get it, but that's how things are. We are not a good counter attacking team either. We never were.

All in all, if our coach chooses to play (and he will, I know it) defensive, counter attacking style, we are going to watch England - Panama match once more. And no, Serbia won't play England role.

2. Another option is to try outplay Cariocas. I don't think this scenario requires detailed preview. We all know what capabilities Serbia and Brazil have. It's no secret that they are much better team, but just like our full backs, Marcelo and Danilo spend sooooo much time on opposition's half. I don't see much of defensive potential in this team either. My opinion is that we should enter this game with "to be or not to be" approach since we need a win. After all, our most quality part of squad is up front. This might get us a goal or two scored, but as I said above, I don't see Serbia stopping Brazil's forwards, so we gonna concede at least two nevertheless in my opinion. If you watched their previous games (including friendlies prior to the game) they outplayed hard each of their opponents, but occasionally ended the game with no much of goals scored due to bad converting.

To sum things up, my bet is Brazil to win and score at least two @1,80

If anyone follows my advice, good for you.
If you by any miracle loose money by doing that, and Serbia wins, don't judge me for feeling great your loss :P.

Go Serbia!!!!
madugu_gorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-18, 10:56   #3
Samsula

Samsula has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Well previous post said a lot about Serbia. It is not clear yet,but there will be changes in formation and line-up for Serbia. It is very possible that pair of CB will be Veljkovic- Milenkovic. First game ever for these two together. Also Ljajic should start, it is not clear yet if Kostic or Milinkovic will be out. All in all i expect a good game tonight, but nothing less than 2 goals in Serbia net. Serbia so far played direct and long passes. It workout well in first game, but against Swiss it was bad. With these kind of play, Serbia leaves too much spaces between there lines and good transition play punish these very easy. Space is what these Brazilian team needs to create. Neymar and co. are so good in transition that i expect best game from them tonight. Serbia will try, but we saw from last their game, that their coach doesnot have tactical knowledge at all. Brazil over 1.5, and over 2.5 should be good bets here
Samsula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-18, 10:58   #4
Sicadera
Freshman

Sicadera is an unknown quantity at this point

I am not a lot into Serbia but from what i saw against Switzerland, Serbia has some serious physical condition issues, practically cannot run after 60 mins. Ivanovic with 34 was still faster than some of his younger teammates..
Sicadera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-18, 11:08   #5
bardo

bardo is on a distinguished road

I really do not know why you are crawling and you are not satisfied with Serbian representation?! Serbia was shows good quality on two rounds... but unlucky lost from Swiss, they didn***8217;t keep condition to until the end, they dropped the concentration. Serbia is not worst team... if they been worst do not play at World Cup! What shows Brazil on with Swiss and Costa Rica??? Nothing special for me... hardly won Costa Rica on extra time. Today I expect Serbia to give everyting from him and to get one point and to qualify on 1/8 finals. My chose is BTTS.
bardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-18, 11:30   #6
Palekastro
Freshman

Palekastro is on a distinguished road

at bardo: thats a missguided bet because one point is not enough for serbia. Brazil have played well enough and today Neymar vs Ivanovic, i see that right side of serbia getting mauled today.. so neymar to score, over 2,5, brazil win all good in my book.
Palekastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-18, 11:57   #7
Samsula

Samsula has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by bardo View Post
I really do not know why you are crawling and you are not satisfied with Serbian representation?! Serbia was shows good quality on two rounds... but unlucky lost from Swiss, they didn***8217;t keep condition to until the end, they dropped the concentration. Serbia is not worst team... if they been worst do not play at World Cup! What shows Brazil on with Swiss and Costa Rica??? Nothing special for me... hardly won Costa Rica on extra time. Today I expect Serbia to give everyting from him and to get one point and to qualify on 1/8 finals. My chose is BTTS.
Who said that Serbia is not good team or that they are worst? I am just pointing out their weaknees, which will be great problem for them versus Brazil. Serbia is leaving too much spaces between their lines, and they dont close good. They will suffer tonight.
Samsula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-18, 17:57   #8
madugu_gorge
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bardo View Post
Are you referring to my previous comment?
If yes, you misunderstood it. I never said that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicadera View Post
I am not a lot into Serbia but from what i saw against Switzerland, Serbia has some serious physical condition issues, practically cannot run after 60 mins. Ivanovic with 34 was still faster than some of his younger teammates..
I wouldn't call it bad stamina. These players are all professionals playing in top leagues for years.
But you are right nevertheless. They did look exhausted very early in the game. Why? How I see it, just lot of wasted sprints and runs due to bad positioning, along with inability to hold onto the ball and move it vertically (which is a common tactic in nowday football in order to catch a breath and get a small rest). Tactically, they (the Swiss) outplayed us badly. Krstajic was blown away by Petkovic.
I find it hard to believe we can come up with anything refreshing and new in just few days.
Old 27-06-18, 18:25   #9
radicke

radicke is on a distinguished road

Looks that Milivojevic and B.Ivanovic paid the price for clash with a Switzerland.Instead these two will play Rukavina and F.Kostic.Personally speaking I belive that both side are responsible for last match-Krstajic and players too.They probably had agreement that if scores first than to defend res but nobody expected that we ll scored after 5 min and than you need 85 min to defend that-that is too much time.
radicke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-18, 18:51   #10
madugu_gorge
Freshman

I can't remember a game we started with such offensive lineup .
Kudos to Krstajic...at least for courage.
Old 27-06-18, 21:46   #11
Miccho

Miccho is on a distinguished road

Serbia lost it all in this damn Switzerland game. It was obvious after the Swiss drew with Brazil that Serbs need to beat them. They looked like having the game in their pocket, but lost it.
Miccho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-18, 22:00   #12
Palini

Palini is on a distinguished road

All credit to Serbia that had Brazil on the ropes there for a while mid second half. Then came the 2-0 goal and that was it, but they sure went for it.
Old 27-06-18, 22:42   #13
sirac

sirac is on a distinguished road

Indeed they put up a good fight but once again felt victims to their own limitations. The way they gifted the first goal, speaks volume about organisation and defensive fragility, plus Matic was really crap, you'd expect a much better game from a player with his experience. Fine margins define close games and serbs were not giving them many chances with that defense, they did it also in Switzerland game with Tosic looking poor, plus that penalty not given which ofc had its impact.
Old 27-06-18, 23:07   #14
madugu_gorge
Freshman

I almost shed a tear after second goal Brazilians scored, but I didn't want to allow that to myself. You know...big boys don't cry and stuff .
Hopefully someone took my advice for a winning bet and got himself more joyful eve than mine (which was not that hard though as I am having a disastrous one).

There are so much things on my mind to say regarding the game and it's analysis, but I won't do it as I am afraid I might spontaneously expand my story to summarizing not just our whole tournament, but to modus operandi of our Football Federation or even the way our country is functioning. If that happens, I could finish my post somewhere at 03:00 AM, and that wouldn't be a smart thing to do as I am supposed to wake up early for work tomorrow. Boy, I am gonna be demotivated as f*ck.
After all, you all already said it all that matters regarding the tonight's match.

I wish I could say some corny phrase like "we'll be back" or "we have bright future in football", but it doesn't look that way.

So long Russia.
Old 28-06-18, 10:28   #15
Miccho

Miccho is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by madugu_gorge View Post
I almost shed a tear after second goal Brazilians scored, but I didn't want to allow that to myself. You know...big boys don't cry and stuff .
Hopefully someone took my advice for a winning bet and got himself more joyful eve than mine (which was not that hard though as I am having a disastrous one).

There are so much things on my mind to say regarding the game and it's analysis, but I won't do it as I am afraid I might spontaneously expand my story to summarizing not just our whole tournament, but to modus operandi of our Football Federation or even the way our country is functioning. If that happens, I could finish my post somewhere at 03:00 AM, and that wouldn't be a smart thing to do as I am supposed to wake up early for work tomorrow. Boy, I am gonna be demotivated as f*ck.
After all, you all already said it all that matters regarding the tonight's match.

I wish I could say some corny phrase like "we'll be back" or "we have bright future in football", but it doesn't look that way.

So long Russia.

It is really sad that despite producing so many talented players, Serbia cannot achieve anything on the international stage. They failed to qualify for several consecutive Euros, didn't make it to Brazil and went out at the groups stage infamously in South Africa and Russia.

We (Bulgaria) are much worse - we haven't made it to a big tournament since 2004, but we have got crap players and generations ever since the Stoichkov, Penev, Balakov era. But Serbia with all these great players in the last decade should have achieved more.
Miccho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-18, 12:03   #16
Antoni753

Antoni753 is on a distinguished road

Yeah,pretty sad outcome for the serbian brothers.They played well and got nothing.
Antoni753 is offline   Reply With Quote