This site is for adults 18+ due to gambling/betting content. If you have a problem with gambling issues, or need information, please visit:
Gambling Help Online Gamblers Anonymous Gambling Therapy Gamble Aware Jugadores Anonimos JugarBIEN BeGambleAware GamCare

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > Soccer >
Internationals/Friendlies

Internationals/Friendlies
Analysis and discussions (and predictions) for Internationals and friendly soccer games.

PINNACLE - accept very large stakes! Low juice!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 26-06-18, 18:47   #1
Wilson
Super Moderator

Wilson is on a distinguished road
Default Group F - Third Round 26.06. 16:00 South Korea - Germany

15.08 7.27 1.19
Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 26-06-18, 22:55   #2
mij0sim

mij0sim is an unknown quantity at this point

Situation with injured players and expectations by Germany?
mij0sim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-18, 23:09   #3
Karl-Heinz

Karl-Heinz is an unknown quantity at this point

Boateng suspended, Rudy broken nose and injured.
Germany after important win confident but grounded.
From what I saw of South Korea: this team is bad. Honestly: here in Germany most people expect a 2+ win.
There are guys around which think Germany lacks hunger, but from now on its simply not true. Germany will go through but ah -2 is a bet I dont like at the moment.
Hummels back and will play instead of Boateng. 2nd defender süle or Rüdiger.
Today I heard reus, Brandt, Özil and Werner. So no Müller.
Will surely wait for line ups
Karl-Heinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-18, 13:44   #4
Carovie

Carovie is on a distinguished road

thanks for your comments Karl. Then I see you are not totally sure with +2 win for your national team
Carovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-18, 13:56   #5
Andrei_23
Freshman

Andrei_23 is on a distinguished road

Müller not playing will be a plus for Germany. He's in very poor form
Andrei_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-18, 14:19   #6
Karl-Heinz

Surprising line-up
Neuer - Kimmich Süle Hummels Hector - Khedira Kroos - Goretzka Özil Reus - Werner

Özil Reus as wingers, Goretzka as 10? Werner lone striker?
Surely Löw has a plan, but I don***8217;t understand it
Took 1st half -0,75 1,85
Old 27-06-18, 14:20   #7
MarianoV6

MarianoV6 is an unknown quantity at this point

many long shots outside the box i believe Karl, that's what Low wants
MarianoV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-18, 14:25   #8
Palini

Palini is on a distinguished road

Germany to win to nil is my preferd choice here. I can't see Korea score, unless it's like in the last minutes when Germany already are 5-0 up or something like that. Big part of germans seem kind of out of form, but the big teams usually get through anyhow despite not reaching top level, anything else but a safe 2-0, 3-0 would surprise me.
Old 27-06-18, 14:48   #9
sirac

sirac is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarianoV6 View Post
many long shots outside the box i believe Karl, that's what Low wants
That would be refreshing because in the Sweden game i thought they play tiki-taka just to give it to the winger who would release a desperation cross which usually was blindly taken.
Old 27-06-18, 15:24   #10
Macot
Super Moderator

Macot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palini View Post
Germany to win to nil is my preferd choice here. I can't see Korea score, unless it's like in the last minutes when Germany already are 5-0 up or something like that. Big part of germans seem kind of out of form, but the big teams usually get through anyhow despite not reaching top level, anything else but a safe 2-0, 3-0 would surprise me.
Palini I think you are exaggerating Germany... vastly.
Old 27-06-18, 15:25   #11
Macot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macot View Post
Actually Korea is taking over now and getting dangerous... and Germans playing same **** as against Sweden and MExico.
Old 27-06-18, 15:46   #12
Carovie

Carovie is on a distinguished road

but what is happening with Germany in last matchs? They are a total disaster
Carovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-18, 15:59   #13
sirac

sirac is on a distinguished road

Thats exactly what happens. They are just not functioning anymore. But somehow people think they will. I just hope somehow they will qualify to see them face brasilians, that would be a sweet revenge for Selecao.
Old 27-06-18, 16:00   #14
Macot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carovie View Post
but what is happening with Germany in last matchs? They are a total disaster
They are in transition, it can happen to any team. I think they will need to do some changes and will surely recover in next years. This happens.
But it is not the end yet, you know that, it is Germany, they can still win the title.
Old 27-06-18, 16:03   #15
Karl-Heinz

Quote:
Actually Korea is taking over now and getting dangerous... and Germans playing same **** as against Sweden and MExico.
Nope. Germany playing even worse.
Never seen 45 min without a real chance in the last few years.
Embarrassing
Old 27-06-18, 16:16   #16
MarianoV6

Pathetic mentality from the Germans, They wasted first half with very slow football for their standards, and now they are running to cover Swedish goal. This is not the German mentality i used to know. Really pathetic
Old 27-06-18, 17:00   #17
MarianoV6

45 minutes... 45 minutes they were mugging around and they got what they deserved at the end
Old 27-06-18, 17:06   #18
Nikko

Nikko has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Nikko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-18, 17:13   #19
JohnLocke85
Freshman

JohnLocke85 is on a distinguished road

100% fixed ahahahahahah
my ask is : why?????
JohnLocke85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-18, 18:13   #20
Palini

Quote:
Yeah, for sure, but quite happily so!

Germany finishing last in the group, what a shocker. But hey... It's not the first time the Germans are badly prepaired for a campaign in Russia...

Last edited by Palini; 27-06-18 at 18:31.
Palini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-18, 18:24   #21
madugu_gorge
Freshman

madugu_gorge is on a distinguished road

Unbelf0ckinglievable!
Luckily, I didn't watch the match because if I did, I would be ever more pissed as I always supported Germans in big tournaments.
I really thought Werner could fill the void Germans had on striker position for so many years, but looks like you need to have a striker that is strong, good at positioning and headers for these type of games.

Maybe I am wrong. I don't know...I am guessing. As I said, I didn't even watch the game, but that's the first thing that comes to my mind when playing against a team whose average height is...what? 170 cm?

Now everyone is going to point their finger to Low for dropping Sane as well.

All in all, this match was one of the most surprising in the past 20 years of WC for sure.
madugu_gorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-18, 19:10   #22
Macot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palini View Post
Yeah, for sure, but quite happily so!

Germany finishing last in the group, what a shocker. But hey... It's not the first time the Germans are badly prepaired for a campaign in Russia...
Old 27-06-18, 21:41   #23
Miccho

Miccho is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by madugu_gorge View Post
Unbelf0ckinglievable!

I really thought Werner could fill the void Germans had on striker position for so many years, but looks like you need to have a striker that is strong, good at positioning and headers for these type of games.

Maybe he could, but we will never know, as Low was using him as a winger.
That can come up as the worst manager decision in the history of World Cups. Dropping Leroy Sane, so that Timo Werner (zero dribbling, zero speed) play at his left flank for most of the time.
Miccho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-18, 07:50   #24
Azure

Azure is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miccho View Post
Maybe he could, but we will never know, as Low was using him as a winger.
That can come up as the worst manager decision in the history of World Cups. Dropping Leroy Sane, so that Timo Werner (zero dribbling, zero speed) play at his left flank for most of the time.
Werner started as forward in all games, but switched to left wing when Gomez came in. However, it's still strange that Löw kept fielding him, because Werner needs free space to play his game, he's not good at breaking thru parked bus tactics (which all 3 German group opponents used).

Many reasons for German failure here.
- Too many important players totally out of form.
- Very doubtful fitness level. German players lost almost every sprint for the ball in all 3 games. Even ref was running faster than German defenders when Mexico scored (German tv measured speed)!
- Löw unable to find better tactical gameplan. Mexico, Sweden and Korea all played tight defense, marked Kroos with 2-3 players and tried some counters. That's it. That was enough to not only neutralize mighty German nationalteam machinery but actually to have better chances!
- Löw unable to find regular starting formation (used 19 of 20 fieldplayers in just 3 games... lol).
- Defense absolutely awful in all 3 games. How can that be? Goalkeeper, central defenders and right defender all from same club! But still struggling like they never played together before!
- Neuer coming back from longterm injury and best German player says it all...
- Löw kept saying that friendly results don't matter. But they do! You can say that once or twice, but not 5-6 games in a row right before most important tournament starts!
- Terrible finishing / efficiency. Germany had most shots (42!) of all teams after 2 games, but scored only 2 goals (ofc lots of those shots were useless anyways and got blocked outside the box).
- Poor dealing by DFB with Özil+Gündogan topic.

Normally Löw needs to leave now. But stupid DFB extended his contract till 2022 before World Cup started (lol) and boss Grindel said before (!) the Korea game that Löw stays in charge no matter what (unreal).
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-18, 08:03   #25
WiserthantheCrowd

WiserthantheCrowd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
Werner started as forward in all games, but switched to left wing when Gomez came in. However, it's still strange that Löw kept fielding him, because Werner needs free space to play his game, he's not good at breaking thru parked bus tactics (which all 3 German group opponents used).

- Very doubtful fitness level. German players lost almost every sprint for the ball in all 3 games. Even ref was running faster than German defenders when Mexico scored (German tv measured speed)!
- Löw unable to find better tactical gameplan. Mexico, Sweden and Korea all played tight defense, marked Kroos with 2-3 players and tried some counters. That's it. That was enough to not only neutralize mighty German nationalteam machinery but actually to have better chances!
- Löw unable to find regular starting formation (used 19 of 20 fieldplayers in just 3 games... lol).
- Defense absolutely awful in all 3 games. How can that be? Goalkeeper, central defenders and right defender all from same club! But still struggling like they never played together before!
- Löw kept saying that friendly results don't matter. But they do! You can say that once or twice, but not 5-6 games in a row right before most important tournament starts!
- Terrible finishing / efficiency. Germany had most shots (42!) of all teams after 2 games, but scored only 2 goals (ofc lots of those shots were useless anyways and got blocked outside the box).

Normally Löw needs to leave now. But stupid DFB extended his contract till 2022 before World Cup started (lol) and boss Grindel said before (!) the Korea game that Löw stays in charge no matter what (unreal).
Incredible. I read in German media that Löw acknowledged that the team exited "deservedly." Amazingly he did not immediately resign. This just shows the degree of greed in professional football at all levels.
WiserthantheCrowd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-18, 09:19   #26
Miccho

Miccho is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post

I am aware Werner was nominally a forward, but even without Gomez, he was always trying to move to the flank and runaway from the center whenever Germany attacked. I guess it has a lot to do with Low's tiki-taka, which focuses too much on playing short passes in the middle (hence, Leroy Sane was not called - he was considered "too direct" and "too classic winger") and playing without real wingers, which forces the forward Werner to constantly move to the flank, in order to cover this space.

I think tiki-taka is already dead, but the Germans were not aware about it yet. Even Guardiola deserted this style and now plays direct football with a lot of exploitation of flanks. I guess the Germans now realized that their own brand of tiki-taka is also dead and will from now on start playing normal direct football with flanks.
Miccho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-18, 09:29   #27
radicke

radicke is on a distinguished road

There is Loew that made couple of wrong decisions about selection and game plans but honesty German doesn t have first important thing in the team-leaders and they had it in almost every line- Schweinsteiger,Lahm and Muller who is out of form whole season.They looked very chaotic on the pitch in almost every game.
radicke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-18, 11:10   #28
Palini

If you go on vacation to Germany this summer, don't mention the VAR...

Sorry, red card for me. I can find myself out.
Old 28-06-18, 12:01   #29
Antoni753

Antoni753 is on a distinguished road

It is obvious that this team need refreshment.Probably,Goretzka and Sane could do far better.In my opinion Ozil,Khedira,Gundogan,Gotze shouldn´t be even featured in this team.If Brazil have met this Germany they could have good revenge.
Antoni753 is offline   Reply With Quote