This site is for adults 18+ due to gambling/betting content. If you have a problem with gambling issues, or need information, please visit:
Gambling Help Online Gamblers Anonymous Gambling Therapy Gamble Aware Jugadores Anonimos JugarBIEN BeGambleAware GamCare

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > ChitChat and Competitions > Contests/Competitions

Contests/Competitions Forum contests and other competitions run by BA or other websites. Join and win!!
PINNACLE - accept very large stakes! Low juice!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 25-06-18, 22:43   #1
WiserthantheCrowd

WiserthantheCrowd is on a distinguished road
Default WC POD 26/06

Here are main rules, you will find others here:

http://forum.bettingadvice.com/showthread.php?t=110009

Price booty will be a bit higher than for regular POD, 1st place will be awarded with 150 EUR, second place with 100 EUR and third place will bring 50 EUR!

Here are the rules:

The Competition

The competition has the purpose to gather the best bets of a certain day of WC 2018. It's for fun, but the competition can also be a good place for tipsters to find picks quicker than browsing all pages. You can place your Pick of the day and score points if it satisfies the conditions that are stated below. The competition lasts one month and in that period, a contestant must give exactly 8 picks. YOU CAN ENTER THE COMPETITION UNTIL IT IS POSSIBLE TO PICK EIGHT POD-s. It means, entering competition after only 7 days of the WC left, is not possible. Every missing pick till 8 at the end of the month will be punished with -100 points per missing pick.
You must be a registered user of this forum to participate. You must have a unique IP address, not more than one competitor can use the same address.
Odds must be between 1.50 and 3.50 and only odds taken from these 3 bookmakers are allowed:

Bet365
Pinnacle
SBOBet

You must write arguments for your pick or at least give a link to a prediction on BA main page, written by yourself.
About the conditions

You can only give one pick per day. Your pick must be different to all other placed picks, but you can back another team/player in the same game as someone else has taken. For your pick to count, it must be posted at least 1 hour before the event starts.

You cannot back the same team/player as someone else even if you take a different bet type (for example handicap bet, different game total etc.). But this rule applies only for quarterfinals/semifinals/finals of the WC!!! In the group phase of WC and in 1/8 finals you can take picks that were already taken by other users!!!

You can take these bet types (but only inside allowed odds from 1,50 to 3,50!):

-Asian handicap bets (final or HT)
-European handicap bets (final or HT)
-Over/Under bets (Game total) (final or HT)
-Home/Draw/Away bets (final or HT)
-Double Chance (1X,12,X2)
-Both teams to score (Yes/No)
-Half time/Full time
-Player to score (anytime scorer, first scorer)
-Number of corners (final or HT)
-Number of cards
-First team to score (Yes/No)
-Second team to score (Yes/No)
-number of goals scored team 1/team 2

You must write the correct bookie and correct odds in the time of your posting.

Scoring

A pick that was wrong will cost you 100 points. When you've made a correct pick, and it satisfied the conditions, you will gain 100 (Odds-1) points. For example, a successful pick @ 1.85 will give you 85 points. This is the net profit if you had staked 100 units. Asian Handicaps will be calculated accoringly to the net profit. It is not allowed to pick odds below 1,50 and above 3,50.
The contestant that scores the highest number of points with 8 picks, will win the monthly competition. In case he fails to give 8 picks, 100p-for every missing pick- will be deducted from his score.
To win Special WC POD you MUST make 8 bets ! Hopefully we will have time to update the standings everyday, but there may be some delays from time to time.

Good luck to all!!!!!
WiserthantheCrowd is offline   Reply With Quote

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 25-06-18, 22:50   #2
WiserthantheCrowd

WiserthantheCrowd is on a distinguished road

Pick#4 (1-0-2) -50
Australia vs. Peru
Pick: Peru (AH 0) at 1.7 with Pinnacle

The odds on Peru are going up while Australia is going down... Probably because Australia still has a theoretical chance to qualify while Peru are definitely out... This is, of course, very disappointing for Peru who outplayed DK but ended up losing and put up a good fight against France only to end up losing again. Nonetheless, I see Peru as the stronger side here and think that they will still be motivated to leave the WC with something... Australia have to win and that also suits Peru who will be able to strike against the weak Australian defense on the counter. I see value in taking Peru for the win but will play it safer here by taking the Asian handicap. Given the odds movement, it might actually be more prudent to wait till tomorrow morning but I'll just go ahead right now...
0-2 pick won

Last edited by Macot; 26-06-18 at 19:48.
WiserthantheCrowd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-18, 23:28   #3
the_machine30
Freshman

the_machine30 is on a distinguished road

Pick # 7 (2-0-4) +5

Iceland - Croatia
Pick: Iceland
Odds: 3.50
Bookie: bet365

This game is very important for Iceland who need of three points to qualify for the playoffs and Nigeria not to win against Argentina. Iceland was big surprise two years ago when they won their group on the Euro 2016 in France and then they defeated England in the round of 16. Exaclty one year ago Iceland defeated Croatioa in qualification for this world cup. Iceland won their group and reached the world cup finals for the first time in their history.
On the other hand Croatia for sure will win this group D. That's why their coach Dalic will give rest on players like Rakitic, Rebic, Mandzukic, Vrsaljko, while Brozovic is suspended and Kalinic is out of the tournament. I'm sure Croatia will not give their best in this match to keep fresh their legs for the round of 16. Pick for Iceland to win this so important game for them.
1-2 pick lost

Last edited by Macot; 26-06-18 at 21:33.
the_machine30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-18, 07:32   #4
Mindozas

Mindozas is an unknown quantity at this point

Pick#4 2/1 +237

Nigeria - Argentina

Pick: over3.25
Odds: 2.51
Bookie: Pinnacle

This one might turn crazy. Argentina must win and bearing situation in group, one goal win might not be enough as Iceland has better gd and might snatch a win vs already qualified Croatia. The good news for Gauchos are that the rival is Nigeria. Pretty much upredictable team and way less organized than previously met Croatia and Iceland. I can't see Nigeria building defensive barricades and smartly defending all throught the game. They are not this kind of team. So I expect offensively easier game for Messi and co. They finally should be able to produce smth, even tho so far looked dull as f***. But tonight there can be another story. On other hand, where Nigeria is really dangerous are open spaces upfront, they are very pacy, fast. Iceland with very defensive approach managed to slow them down, but when needed to attack on their own after 0-1 were heavily exposed. With Argentina needing goals, Nigeria should have lot of opportunities to counter. And Argies isn't that reliable defensive team anymore, far from that. So basically, with any given result on scoreboard, one team atleast will be forced to attack, maybe even both if Iceland will take 2 goals lead. One way or another pretty much of coast-to-coast game. And this time I expect it to be easier for offenses. Despite some poor displays, there's still plenty of class, especially of course I mean Argentina here. I'm not sure how it all will end, but I can see plenty of scoring chances and hopefully goals too. GL
1-2 pick 1/2 lost

Last edited by Macot; 26-06-18 at 21:34.
Mindozas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-18, 10:13   #5
Kane1910

Kane1910 is an unknown quantity at this point

Pick 6 3W/2L +233
Australia - Peru
Pick: over 2.5
Odd:1.92
Pinnacle

Peru unluckily don't have chances for 1/8 final. They didn't score any goal in spite of that especially against Denmark they have plenty of chances (with penalty). France against Peru played much better han against Australia but even then Peru had higher ball possesion and few chances. So this is match for honour for Peru and they should play really offensive.
Australia in theory still have chances for promotion. After good match against France they played really well against Denmark. They have to play for 3 points to have any chances for 1/8 final.
0-2 pick lost

Kane1910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-18, 10:54   #6
vividaniel

vividaniel is on a distinguished road
Default pick 1

0-0-0

Australia vs Peru

pick over 3 goals

odd 2.58 Pinnacle

OK,Peru didn"t scored any goal until yet but in my opinion they played two good games with a lot of oportunities to score even a penalty missed in their first game with Denmark at 0-0 in the first half.Their atack game was good but my first reason for my pick here is the fact that Australia with a win can go further if Denamark will louse against France and this is not very imposible.So,different from another previous games with France and Denmark,they must atack and they will let for sure a lot of spaces for Peru.I readed that Farfan will miss this game for Peru and this is a huge blow in my opinion but I am pretty sure the others can score taking in mind that will be for sure much more spaces today.So i expect an open game and I think Peru will win for pride even if they can"t qualify further.1-3 my call here
0-2 pick lost

vividaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-18, 11:37   #7
kicma
Freshman

kicma is on a distinguished road

Pick 2
0-0-1 -100

Iceland - Croatia
Pick: Kramaric to score
Odds: 3,5 @ Bet365

Croatia secured first place and is going to use players that were on bench in last two games. Kramaric will play from 1st minute and he is in great form in second part of this season. Also he is player with best minutes played/goals ratio in Croatian team. Iceland is not a bad team, they have good organization and teamwork but Croatia is stronger and so far when we played with ***8222;reserves***8220; on WC and EC we won both times (2-1 against Spain in 2016, 0-1 against Poland in 2008) because this ***8222;reserves***8220; are usually very motivated. Iceland needs a win in this game to stay in competition so they will have to play open game and Croatia with nothing to loose with players who are ***8222;hungry***8220; will play attacking for sure.
pick lost

kicma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-18, 12:11   #8
Louis

Louis has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Pick #5
[1 0 3 (-67)]

Nigeria - Argentina

Pick: over 3.5
Odds: 2.62
Bookie: Bet365

Croatia 6 (5:0)
Nigeria 3 (2:2)
Iceland 1 (1:3)
Argentina 1 (1:4)

Last round in Group D. Croatia played perfect football, they deserved to be at the top in this group, and they will stay there no matter today's matches. Fight for second place will be between other three teams. Iceland have chances only with their victory and to hope Nigeria to lose against Argentina. In that case Iceland and Argentina will have same number of points, goal difference will be decisive. Nigeria will be in next round only if they don't lose today, no matter other match. Argentina will be in next round only if they win today, and if Iceland also win, goal difference will be decisive and Argentina must win with more goals difference because of negative score so far.

This situation means that we will see some goals today, especially at this match. Nigeria will try to hold draw, but attacking minded Argentina will make this match full of goals. Also Nigeria can't play defensive football.
Argentina must attack very hard from the start, they need to win and to score as many goals as possible because simple victory maybe won't be enough.
Argentina have players who are hungry for World Cup trophy, they have great attack but also not so great defense. Nigeria can be very dangerous from counter attacks.

Last four meetings between this two teams were full of goals.
In 2011 they played two friendlies: 4:1 Nigeria, 3:1 Argentina.
At last World Cup 2014, they met in group stage, Argentina was better with 3:2 result and won the group, but Nigeria also went further.
In 2017 they met in friendly game again, Nigeria won with 4:2 result, even they were loosing at half-time.

I predict goals again, Argentina will attack on points, Nigeria can counter-attack, and after first goal is scored, loosing team will attack even harder.

Good luck, CHEERS
1-2 pick lost

Louis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-18, 13:08   #9
aaaz

aaaz is an unknown quantity at this point

Pick # 4

Australia - Peru

Pick : Over 3.5 goals
Odds : 3.0
bet365

Australia meeting Peru at this game from World Cup.
Australia so far with not a zero game on these finals - 1:2 loss of the team on France and 1:1 the team tied clash with Denmark. Now the last game for the both teams probably if the team on France not win over Denmark and Australia win against Peru.
Peru lack of pressure already out of the championship, but we can see what happens of the teams lack of pressure as Morocco beat the team on Spain almost 2:2 last night.
The same here - Australia needed of the win and big pressure over their shoulders, while Peru really dangerous and strong team lack of pressure can say goodbye with honor scored 2-3 on the home side for this game...
0-2 pick lost

Last edited by Macot; 26-06-18 at 19:49.
aaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-18, 13:10   #10
ivan-dzo

ivan-dzo is an unknown quantity at this point

2/7

Last one WC

France - Denmark pick over 1.25 first half Bet365 3.00

I am not expected here some kind of calculations.
France playing better and better from round to round.
They are class better team if you ask me.
Still back in defense pretty poor.Lots of holes.
So Denmark will have their chances for sure.
Open game, no reason not to be.
Over 1.25 first half look like decent bet.
All other tipsters who stay in battle for podium,

GOOD LUCK!!!!
0-0 pick lost

Last edited by Macot; 26-06-18 at 19:49.
ivan-dzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-18, 13:20   #11
Serpico_re

Serpico_re is on a distinguished road

pick 2
+175, 1-0-0

Australia - Peru

both teams to score
bet365

Peru to me seems like a team that will live scenario like Panama, they celebrated that goal like they won the WC but thats when fans love the game. Peru is a good team, reason that they "failed" is that they played hard defensive teams. Australia is not a defensive team, i know they can play hard , like everyone but their style of play is something we have to bare in mind. Fun game style, attacking , buzzing so as everyone else here expecting goals, i will just go with both to score as thats is the first that came to my mind about this game. Peru playing fans and not to be such a losers, and Aus for some hope and we might see a fun game here.
0-2 pick lost

Last edited by Macot; 26-06-18 at 19:50.
Serpico_re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-18, 13:53   #12
pranav
Freshman

pranav is on a distinguished road

Pick # 8 (4-0-3) +201
Denmark vs France
Pick: Under 0.75 HT
Odds: 2.02
Bookie: Bet365

France has already reached the knockout stage and only need a point against Denmark to secure themselves the top group position. On the other hand Denmark, need a point in the group match to join France in knockout stages. France and Denmark will be careful here. I think that they will come slowly in the match and it will be a draw (0:0) at the halftime.
0-0 pick won

pranav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-18, 13:58   #13
luzernhero

luzernhero is on a distinguished road

Pick no. 5
2 1 1 +300
France - Denmark
Pick: Over 1.5 HT
Odds: 3.50 - bet365

Odds are too high and France are way too talented in their attacking lineup. France have so many good players and they want to finish 1st in this group. There were some boring opponents for France in Australia and Peru that were both offensively limited but Denmark have Tottenham's Erikssen and they have good weapons of their own to score. France haven't showed their true talent so far and they just might today, just like Uruguay did yesterday against Russia and destroyed them 3:0 and 2:0 at HT already. France have Mbape, Pogba, Griezmann and so much more, they were playing against defensive Australia in 1st round and against Peru they missed many chances. Denmark should be easier to break and I'm going for goals in first half again. It's time for France to show their real power in attack.
0-0 pick lost

luzernhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-18, 16:17   #14
gamblerbg

gamblerbg is on a distinguished road

Pick 5 / -400
Iceland - Croatia
1(-0.25 AH) @ 3.45
Bet365

Football game from WC 2018 - the team on Croatia is a better team won the games against Argentina and Nigeria today the team can rest against the team on Iceland. I think the tema on Iceland is a better as chances to be a winner here and the team is a good for this and the team Iceland deserved the trust the team is a favorite for the public and the team will play for this and the win means they will eliminated bigger favorite Argentina. Why not lest play for the fighting Icelandish squad. good luck!!!
1-2 pick lost

Last edited by Macot; 26-06-18 at 21:35.
gamblerbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-18, 16:49   #15
cele

cele is an unknown quantity at this point

Pick 1
Iceland - Croatia
Luka Modric to score anytime @ 4.75
Bet365

I must admit that I simply don't see Iceland winning his one. Still, I expect Iceland to attack against a weaker croatian squad. Player that will make the difference on field is definitely Luka Modric. We already seen him "invent" a goal against the Argentina by himself, he is without a doubt in top 3 midfielders in the world. He will probably be the first option for free kicks or penalties in croatian squad which make this odd great IMO.

Good luck!
Pick cancelled, odds too high! please read the rules

Last edited by Macot; 26-06-18 at 19:51.
cele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-18, 17:10   #16
Steway
Freshman

Steway is on a distinguished road

Pick 1 / 0
Nigeria - Argentina
1st half Argentina (-1 AH) @ 3.45
Bet365

Argentina did not show us a good perormance so far. They could not achieve a win vs. Iceland and got a 0-3 defeat against very strong Croatia. They have to win today and we had seen tiny hinches of what they are capable of at the very early stage of the match vs. Croatia. So far they could not turn their potential into practice. But at this stage it all or nothing and they of course know that, too. This is why I strongly expect a turbo start into this game today. They have to score the first goal as early as possible to continue to go for the next one, since the goal ratio will be important, too.
So if they start in an offensive rush and can get a goal, their energy and mental boost can give them a high win today.
My pick is Nigeria - Argentina 0-2 at halftime.
0-1 pick void

Last edited by Macot; 26-06-18 at 19:51.
Steway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-18, 17:39   #17
hashishmaster

hashishmaster is on a distinguished road

Pick #4 (2W-0V-1L) (+113)

Event: World Cup 2018 Russia
Match: Iceland - Croatia
Pick: Over 9,5 corners
Odds: 2.08
Bookmaker: Pinnacle

No big philosophy here for Iceland as they must win and hope for good goal difference. They failed vs Nigeria but will have this opportunity as they will meet shuffled and relaxed side against them. I didn't choose goals because Iceland is not attacking team and they are not used to do that even if they have to. Still they cause troubles against Argentina in first round, had many good scoring chances and decent actions. They allow a lot of corners as they defend in numbers so they could be pierced through wings and shots from distance. Also set pieces are their important weapon in attack so good amount so corners are their chance also. Croatia played great in last round and now has luxury to rest good amount of players but i expect another good display from them with lot of offensive action. Replacements are good or equal in attack but defense on this match will be a bit unexperienced. They have fast players like Kramaric, Perisic, also Pjaca will look to find old form, so don't expect dull game from them. Modric will play according to sources and he is the key in midfield. Both Iceland games finished with good amount of corners and a lot of action so i expect nothing less from this match giving the fact that Iceland can't really wait as Croatia won't beat themselves just like that.
5-10 pick won

Last edited by Macot; 26-06-18 at 21:36.
hashishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote