This site is for adults 18+ due to gambling/betting content. If you have a problem with gambling issues, or need information, please visit:
Gambling Help Online Gamblers Anonymous Gambling Therapy Gamble Aware Jugadores Anonimos JugarBIEN BeGambleAware GamCare


Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > Soccer >
Internationals/Friendlies


Internationals/Friendlies
Analysis and discussions (and predictions) for Internationals and friendly soccer games.

PINNACLE - accept very large stakes! Low juice!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 24-06-18, 15:31   #1
Wilson
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Albania
Posts: 8,349
Wilson is on a distinguished road
Default Group B - Third Round 25.06. 20:00 Spain - Morocco

1.33 5.04 10.70
Wilson is online now   Reply With Quote

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 25-06-18, 09:29   #2
Joy
Freshman
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 32
Joy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default They could choose...

Who's a better option for Spain in 1/8?
Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-18, 10:27   #3
Miccho
Senior Member
 
Miccho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,493
Miccho is on a distinguished road
Default

Hard to answer. Before the tournament, I wouldn't think twice and say "Russia is the easier opponent". But now they have build up positive inertia and confidence, and they are the host nation.

I really dunno, to me Russia and Uruguay at this particular moment look like equal opponents (of course, Uruguay is generally a stronger team, but at this exact moment they look equal).
Miccho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-18, 11:18   #4
progress
Freshman
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 24
progress is on a distinguished road
Default

In my opinion, Spain who wants to win the WC, doesn’t do any math about how to avoid any - especially “B” categorial team - team.

Although there is likely some rotations here. Rodrigo, Alcantara, Koke have good chance to show themselves. I watched the prev matches Iran played like they drank blood highly above their knowledge imo. There is Marocco whose only motivation could be a WC goal. It is also a good question whether MCO will rotate or not. If not the last two match made a bigg loss of stamina. If yes, they have limited options comparing to Spain.

I go for Spain win with handicap. Their bench is super strong I think their “B” team could easily go through Uruguay or Russia.

I also see chances to BTTS as Marocco showed some great skills but poor finishing. Maybe Benatia, the main source of their attack , scores from his 4th open door
progress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-18, 12:43   #5
f1ght3r
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 600
f1ght3r is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

in my opinion the spanish are well aware they have something to prove. a lucky but deserved win against iran and a well earned draw against portugal which couldve gone either way. but it couldve gone either way because they didnt do well enough and thats the bottom line for me. morocco will play like they did so far - looking to score and win, even more so now that the tournament is over for them. if spain doesnt prove their worth by scoring a few tonight then there is something seriously off. you can never rule them out for the title but we see a lot of well prepared teams in this world cup and relying solely on individual qualities doesnt seem to be enough. spain is a team full of leaders and/or players with exceptional individual skills and i think if each of them finds their place and sticks to what they do best instead of tying to do it all, like isco or david silva, the quality of their game would soar and spain would become unstoppable.

unfortunately, they've been at it for a while now, unable to live up to the expectations so i cant say today would be the day but in my opinion a goalfest is on the cards. it doesnt really matter if they could meet france or croatia in the quarterfinals (assuming they get there lol) but it matters in what mood spain would get to the knockout stage. HOWEVER, as crazy as it sounds, morocco wont just play to lose and we've seen spain struggle against portugal and in some episodes against iran. interestingly de gea hasnt made a single save yet either but spain not winning this game is something i find hard to get behind. a lot of the key players have something to prove while those who were previously on the bench (asspass, absensio, rodrigo for example) will want to put in a performance to maybe win a starting spot for the knockout stage.

o2.5 @ 1.72 is a decent price, spain -1.5 @ 2.07 looks good as well but cant rule out morocco finding the net
f1ght3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-18, 12:54   #6
Dusan.
Freshman
 
Dusan.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Serbia
Posts: 104
Dusan. is on a distinguished road
Default

Anybody know some bookie which offer betting on Ball Possession except Unibet? Marathonbet had lines for Ball Possession but from yesterday they don't offer them anymore...

Morocco is solid with ball possession and if some bookie offer line for Spain around 70.5 I would take Under...
Dusan. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-18, 15:14   #7
sirac
Senior Member
 
sirac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Bucharest,Romania.
Posts: 4,221
sirac is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miccho View Post
Hard to answer. Before the tournament, I wouldn't think twice and say "Russia is the easier opponent". But now they have build up positive inertia and confidence, and they are the host nation.

I really dunno, to me Russia and Uruguay at this particular moment look like equal opponents (of course, Uruguay is generally a stronger team, but at this exact moment they look equal).
I really doubt Spain would preffer Uruguay over Russia. Common mate there is no debate here, all the hype about russians because they beat two crap team, you seem to forget how crap they were before tournement. Uruguay is solid outfit with world class strikers, Russia just a few good players others are mediocre. They will chose Russia in a blink of an eye with all home support and buzz sorrounding them.
__________________
My country is the world...and my religion is to do good.
sirac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-18, 15:48   #8
hashishmaster
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 726
hashishmaster is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirac View Post
I really doubt Spain would preffer Uruguay over Russia. Common mate there is no debate here, all the hype about russians because they beat two crap team, you seem to forget how crap they were before tournement. Uruguay is solid outfit with world class strikers, Russia just a few good players others are mediocre. They will chose Russia in a blink of an eye with all home support and buzz sorrounding them.
Absolutely true. +1
hashishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-18, 15:49   #9
Miccho
Senior Member
 
Miccho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,493
Miccho is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirac View Post
I really doubt Spain would preffer Uruguay over Russia. Common mate there is no debate here, all the hype about russians because they beat two crap team, you seem to forget how crap they were before tournement. Uruguay is solid outfit with world class strikers, Russia just a few good players others are mediocre. They will chose Russia in a blink of an eye with all home support and buzz sorrounding them.
Well, right now this argument is fully resolved.
Miccho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-18, 17:25   #10
bardo
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Macedonia
Posts: 668
bardo is on a distinguished road
Default

Spain if like play with Russia must to have better goal difference against Portugal... Also Spain to win and over 2.5
bardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-18, 20:43   #11
Karl-Heinz
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: München, Germany
Posts: 824
Karl-Heinz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Wow, this Spain version is pretty poor..
Karl-Heinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-18, 21:03   #12
Miccho
Senior Member
 
Miccho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,493
Miccho is on a distinguished road
Default

This Spain is not poor, the coach is a complete amateur. Under Lopetegui, this Spain was much stronger.
Miccho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-18, 21:14   #13
Karl-Heinz
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: München, Germany
Posts: 824
Karl-Heinz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Ok.
Hard to see a favourite for the title. France? No. Brazil? Hm, only if Neymar changes his whole behavior and play. Spain with hierro, no. Germany? No. Argies? lol.
Belgium good vs minnows, England too.
Karl-Heinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-18, 21:18   #14
Macot
Super Moderator
 
Macot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Ljubljana, sLOVEnia
Posts: 13,604
Macot is on a distinguished road
Default

I would really like to see Belgium in the finals, great players, solid as a team, manager motivator who plays attacking football and they were probably the best team so far.
You did not mention Uruguay but they look strong.
__________________
MacotBet follow me on BA http://forum.bettingadvice.com/showt...=39806&page=34
Macot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-18, 21:31   #15
Miccho
Senior Member
 
Miccho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,493
Miccho is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl-Heinz View Post
Ok.
Hard to see a favourite for the title. France? No. Brazil? Hm, only if Neymar changes his whole behavior and play. Spain with hierro, no. Germany? No. Argies? lol.
Belgium good vs minnows, England too.
I still believe Brazil is the big favorite. They have an excellent tactician on the bench and even if they didn't do their best so far, they had some glimpses of brlliance in both games. I think their main problem is Neymar, who has been with very low confidence and harming the game of the whole team (he is trying to play with the ball in each attack, despite that things are not going well for him at the moment). But he might get his confidence back after the goal in stoppage time, as I feel his problem is more psychological, rather than purely bad shape.
Miccho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-18, 21:31   #16
WiserthantheCrowd
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Europe
Posts: 2,170
WiserthantheCrowd is on a distinguished road
Default

Morocco weren't that bad - they just didn't get the results so far...

Belgium and England haven't really been tested in my opinion. Panama was by far the weakest side in the competition so I can't read too much into that.

Germany and Argentina have been disappointing. I think there's a good chance Argentina won't qualify for the next round.

I think France have done OK. They've played a very defensive football against weaker opponents so far but they've gotten the results... I can see France or Brazil in the finals.
WiserthantheCrowd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-18, 21:51   #17
ellas98
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 640
ellas98 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl-Heinz View Post
Ok.
Hard to see a favourite for the title. France? No. Brazil? Hm, only if Neymar changes his whole behavior and play. Spain with hierro, no. Germany? No. Argies? lol.
Belgium good vs minnows, England too.
I would not be surprised if the Germans would be boosted by their win against the Swedes and showed a much improved form henceforward.

Regarding England, Southgate continually played down the expectations regarding his team, and I think it might turn out very well for England and they can go far.
ellas98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-18, 21:54   #18
WiserthantheCrowd
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Europe
Posts: 2,170
WiserthantheCrowd is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellas98 View Post
I would not be surprised if the Germans would be boosted by their win against the Swedes and showed a much improved form henceforward.

Regarding England, Southgate continually played down the expectations regarding his team, and I think it might turn out very well for England and they can go far.
Actually, the total picture that is to say the last friendlies plus the last 2 matches don't inspire confidence. No team has ever won the WC twice and I think this German side lack the "hunger" for a deep run in the competition.
WiserthantheCrowd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-18, 21:57   #19
Miccho
Senior Member
 
Miccho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,493
Miccho is on a distinguished road
Default

I think one very big advantage of England is that they got rid of some the elderly legends, that were holding the team back in some of the recent tournaments - Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard, Terry. Now their team is very young, probably the youngest England in several decades.
Miccho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-18, 22:07   #20
WiserthantheCrowd
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Europe
Posts: 2,170
WiserthantheCrowd is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miccho View Post
I think one very big advantage of England is that they got rid of some the elderly legends, that were holding the team back in some of the recent tournaments - Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard, Terry. Now their team is very young, probably the youngest England in several decades.
I find it difficult to assess their chances. They could be 1st tier contenders or not... For me, Brazil and France are 1st tier contenders together with Spain. I'm not convinced of this Spanish side though. Germany also don't click. They don't seem that ambitious and have run out of steam...

I'm not sure whether England are 1st or 2nd tier contenders. Belgium and Uruguay for me are 2nd tier. I could see them in the SFs but that's about as far as it goes although I concede that I may be underestimating Belgium. In any case, right now I see Uruguay on a par with Colombia. Colombia have played some nice football and only lost their game against Japan because they were down a man for almost the entire game and switched to tactics that were too defensive. Still, they look like a dark horse that could potentially make it to the SFs.
WiserthantheCrowd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-18, 22:12   #21
ellas98
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 640
ellas98 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiserthantheCrowd View Post
Actually, the total picture that is to say the last friendlies plus the last 2 matches don't inspire confidence. No team has ever won the WC twice and I think this German side lack the "hunger" for a deep run in the competition.
I would like to see Reus and Brandt in front. They were by far the sharpest Germans on the field. Their hunger might become infectious.
ellas98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-18, 22:18   #22
WiserthantheCrowd
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Europe
Posts: 2,170
WiserthantheCrowd is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellas98 View Post
I would like to see Reus and Brandt in front. They were by far the sharpest Germans on the field. Their hunger might become infectious.
The Germans typically gel at tournaments but I just don't think the hunger is there. I've also traveled quite a bit in Germany recently and I've found the mood to be very restrained compared to the last WCs and Euros - very few flags... It seems the public is saturated too...
WiserthantheCrowd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-18, 22:24   #23
Miccho
Senior Member
 
Miccho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,493
Miccho is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiserthantheCrowd View Post
The Germans typically gel at tournaments but I just don't think the hunger is there. I've also traveled quite a bit in Germany recently and I've found the mood to be very restrained compared to the last WCs and Euros - very few flags... It seems the public is saturated too...
This is it. Hunger for international success is one of most crucial predictors of who will win the tournament. Both Germany and Spain do NOT look hungry. Neither do France, although they haven't won any silverware lately - but the guys don't seem to be very enthusiastic when they play for the national team.

Brazil, England and Belgium look hungry as hell for success. Argentina should be hungry in theory, but they are a complete mess and their psychology is too damaged after losing three consecutive finals.
Miccho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-18, 22:38   #24
WiserthantheCrowd
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Europe
Posts: 2,170
WiserthantheCrowd is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miccho View Post
This is it. Hunger for international success is one of most crucial predictors of who will win the tournament. Both Germany and Spain do NOT look hungry. Neither do France, although they haven't won any silverware lately - but the guys don't seem to be very enthusiastic when they play for the national team.

Brazil, England and Belgium look hungry as hell for success. Argentina should be hungry in theory, but they are a complete mess and their psychology is too damaged after losing three consecutive finals.
I agree about Germany and Spain. Germany have a lot of players from the last WC and these guys have been there and done that so the motivation isn't that high anymore. Having walloped Brazil in Brazil and then beaten Argentina in South America, they were on top of the world...

I'm not so sure about France. They've only got 8 players who were at the Euros so you'd assume that there is some ambition. I think the problem with France might be that they've got a pretty multinational squad and there certainly was tension in the dressing room within the squad and between the trainer in the past... This doesn't seem to hold true today but maybe some of the players don't feel a very high degree of identification and passion for France although they may click and bond as a team the longer this thing goes...

I agree about England and Belgium. I'm just not sure that England have the depth to go all the way... Belgium have the talent but lack the pedigree in this competition... At best, I could see them in the finals like NL in the past - I'd be really surprised if they go all the way... Argentina are just a mess as you say... And Brazil are, of course, favorites but not by a long shot...

Last edited by WiserthantheCrowd; 25-06-18 at 22:40.
WiserthantheCrowd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-18, 22:51   #25
Miccho
Senior Member
 
Miccho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,493
Miccho is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiserthantheCrowd View Post

I'm not so sure about France. They've only got 8 players who were at the Euros so you'd assume that there is some ambition. I think the problem with France might be that they've got a pretty multinational squad and there certainly was tension in the dressing room within the squad and between the trainer in the past...
The problem with France is that it is already the 3rd consecutive big tournament of this generation (more or less) in which they show no desire and zero intensity. Really hungry teams just don't play the way France did in the first two games. And I don't buy into this "they are saving energy" thing. How come England and Belgium didn't "save energy" against much weaker opponents? These two teams just have high mood and desire, something which is lacking in the French ranks.
Miccho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-18, 23:02   #26
WiserthantheCrowd
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Europe
Posts: 2,170
WiserthantheCrowd is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miccho View Post
The problem with France is that it is already the 3rd consecutive big tournament of this generation (more or less) in which they show no desire and zero intensity. Really hungry teams just don't play the way France did in the first two games. And I don't buy into this "they are saving energy" thing. How come England and Belgium didn't "save energy" against much weaker opponents? These two teams just have high mood and desire, something which is lacking in the French ranks.
England and Belgium were served Panama which was a low-hanging fruit - ripe for the picking... France got a bit surprised by Australia who presented themselves much better under van Maarwijk than before... And they played a good half hour against Peru before they switched to defensive tactics and held on to their lead... It was a bit surprising to see France using these tactics against a side like Peru but then again Deschamps had always said that he considered them to be the most dangerous team in their group which I would probably agree with. I think it's too early to come to a conclusion about France... I've come to a conclusion about Germany and Argentina - Spain less so and France even less...
WiserthantheCrowd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-18, 23:51   #27
Karl-Heinz
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: München, Germany
Posts: 824
Karl-Heinz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Still there is a big difference between Germany and Argentina. Argies are hopeless whereas Germany is somehow a dark horse, even for us.
Many Germans see the Sweden game as a turning point. Of course there is hunger now. If we rip Korea on wednesday, the country burns. I would probably too, but I cant deny our problems in defense. I sorely miss lahm (who always cared about defending) and warrior schweinsteiger. Then we had balance.
Löw is still a good choach, but in knockout stage he should go with Boateng, Hummels and Rüdiger/Süle. Then 2 offensive wing backs, only Kroos central, 2 wingers and maybe even Özil and Werner.
Most importantly we defend properly.
We still dream
Karl-Heinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-18, 00:04   #28
WiserthantheCrowd
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Europe
Posts: 2,170
WiserthantheCrowd is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl-Heinz View Post
Still there is a big difference between Germany and Argentina. Argies are hopeless whereas Germany is somehow a dark horse, even for us.
Many Germans see the Sweden game as a turning point. Of course there is hunger now. If we rip Korea on wednesday, the country burns. I would probably too, but I cant deny our problems in defense. I sorely miss lahm (who always cared about defending) and warrior schweinsteiger. Then we had balance.
Löw is still a good choach, but in knockout stage he should go with Boateng, Hummels and Rüdiger/Süle. Then 2 offensive wing backs, only Kroos central, 2 wingers and maybe even Özil and Werner.
Most importantly we defend properly.
We still dream
True Argentina seems a hopeless case. You can't write Germany off yet... But somehow something is clearly amiss... Have you also noticed that the mood among German fans is very subdued this year?
WiserthantheCrowd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-18, 00:27   #29
Karl-Heinz
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: München, Germany
Posts: 824
Karl-Heinz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Germans weren***8217;t that optimistic this year. Then after the Mexico game 100s so called experts criticized the team so hard... but which country managed more semi-finals the last 20 years?
This is typical german..
but really.. after the kroos goal Germany woke up and now is fully in WC mood. Somehow strange but truely a bit accostomed to success.
If we do good vs SK our country is in Brazil mood again. Let***8217;s see how it continues..
Karl-Heinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-18, 00:35   #30
WiserthantheCrowd
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Europe
Posts: 2,170
WiserthantheCrowd is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl-Heinz View Post
Germans weren***8217;t that optimistic this year. Then after the Mexico game 100s so called experts criticized the team so hard... but which country managed more semi-finals the last 20 years?
This is typical german..
but really.. after the kroos goal Germany woke up and now is fully in WC mood. Somehow strange but truely a bit accostomed to success.
If we do good vs SK our country is in Brazil mood again. Let***8217;s see how it continues..
OK, let's wait and see... I would expect Germany to easily beat this South Korean side who are virtually eliminated. I'd rate South Korea as one of the weakest teams in the competition just marginally better than Saudi Arabia and Panama... And now that they need a miracle to advance you've got to wonder how motivated they will be to play against Germany. I think the true test for Germany will come in the next rounds. I'd be truly surprised if they don't manage to beat South Korea by a margin of 1-2 goals.
WiserthantheCrowd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




This site is for adults 18+ due to gambling/betting content. If you have a problem with gambling issues, or need information, please visit:
Gambling Help Online Gamblers Anonymous Gambling Therapy Gamble Aware Jugadores Anonimos JugarBIEN BeGambleAware GamCare
 
Last BA mainsite picks
Updated every 2nd min.

Advertisement




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 19:41.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.