This site is for adults 18+ due to gambling/betting content. If you have a problem with gambling issues, or need information, please visit:
Gambling Help Online Gamblers Anonymous Gambling Therapy Gamble Aware Jugadores Anonimos JugarBIEN BeGambleAware GamCare

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > ChitChat and Competitions > Contests/Competitions

Contests/Competitions Forum contests and other competitions run by BA or other websites. Join and win!!
PINNACLE - accept very large stakes! Low juice!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 22-06-18, 21:49   #1
Macot
Super Moderator

Macot is on a distinguished road
Default **WC POD 23/06/2018**

So it finally starts!
I am opening this thread earlier today, so that we can give it a good start. Here are main rules, you will find others here:

http://forum.bettingadvice.com/showthread.php?t=110009

Price booty will be a bit higher than for regular POD, 1st place will be awarded with 150 EUR, second place with 100 EUR and third place will bring 50 EUR!

Here are the rules:

The Competition

The competition has the purpose to gather the best bets of a certain day of WC 2018. It's for fun, but the competition can also be a good place for tipsters to find picks quicker than browsing all pages. You can place your Pick of the day and score points if it satisfies the conditions that are stated below. The competition lasts one month and in that period, a contestant must give exactly 8 picks. YOU CAN ENTER THE COMPETITION UNTIL IT IS POSSIBLE TO PICK EIGHT POD-s. It means, entering competition after only 7 days of the WC left, is not possible. Every missing pick till 8 at the end of the month will be punished with -100 points per missing pick.
You must be a registered user of this forum to participate. You must have a unique IP address, not more than one competitor can use the same address.
Odds must be between 1.50 and 3.50 and only odds taken from these 3 bookmakers are allowed:

Bet365
Pinnacle
SBOBet

You must write arguments for your pick or at least give a link to a prediction on BA main page, written by yourself.
About the conditions

You can only give one pick per day. Your pick must be different to all other placed picks, but you can back another team/player in the same game as someone else has taken. For your pick to count, it must be posted at least 1 hour before the event starts.

You cannot back the same team/player as someone else even if you take a different bet type (for example handicap bet, different game total etc.). But this rule applies only for quarterfinals/semifinals/finals of the WC!!! In the group phase of WC and in 1/8 finals you can take picks that were already taken by other users!!!

You can take these bet types (but only inside allowed odds from 1,50 to 3,50!):

-Asian handicap bets (final or HT)
-European handicap bets (final or HT)
-Over/Under bets (Game total) (final or HT)
-Home/Draw/Away bets (final or HT)
-Double Chance (1X,12,X2)
-Both teams to score (Yes/No)
-Half time/Full time
-Player to score (anytime scorer, first scorer)
-Number of corners (final or HT)
-Number of cards
-First team to score (Yes/No)
-Second team to score (Yes/No)
-number of goals scored team 1/team 2

You must write the correct bookie and correct odds in the time of your posting.

Scoring

A pick that was wrong will cost you 100 points. When you've made a correct pick, and it satisfied the conditions, you will gain 100 (Odds-1) points. For example, a successful pick @ 1.85 will give you 85 points. This is the net profit if you had staked 100 units. Asian Handicaps will be calculated accoringly to the net profit. It is not allowed to pick odds below 1,50 and above 3,50.
The contestant that scores the highest number of points with 8 picks, will win the monthly competition. In case he fails to give 8 picks, 100p-for every missing pick- will be deducted from his score.
To win Special WC POD you MUST make 8 bets ! Hopefully we will have time to update the standings everyday, but there may be some delays from time to time.

Good luck to all!!!!!

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 22-06-18, 21:53   #2
Macot
Super Moderator

Macot is on a distinguished road

WC POD #3
So far 1/0/1
+35

18:00
South Korea v Mexico, take Over 2,5 goals @2,44 Pinnacle

We saw that games in the second round look a lot better than during the first. Teams are now under pressure to get the best possible position before the last round and in this case, we will see Korea under pressure against very strong Mexico.
Everyone expected Korea to do poorly. They played really average match against Sweden and are now on 0 points. In group which also includes Germany, only a win would give them the chance to stay in contention for 1/8 finals.
But as I see this match, the pressure to produce a win here and open approach will almosts surely backfire for Korea and Mexico will use spaces to score some and win again. They are a lot better team.
What I expect here is away win and some goals - 1:3 is my call!
GL all

1-2 Pick won!

Last edited by Macot; 25-06-18 at 18:34.
Macot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-18, 00:53   #3
the_machine30
Freshman

the_machine30 is on a distinguished road

Pick # 5 (1-0-3) -135

Belgium - Tunisia
Pick: over 3.5 goals
Odds: 3.40
Bookie: bet365

Belgium started great this competition with a big 3-0 win against Panama. Belgium misses to score at least another three goals, but it's very interesting that Panama's players missed twice heads up against Courotis. Belgium recorded five overs 3.5 goals in their last nine matches. If Belgium win today they sure will qualify for the round of 16 and I expect they will be very agressive.
On the other side Tunisia failed 1-2 against England and this match is last chance for them to try to go out of this group. Tunisia knows very well that they should try to score few goals against not so good Belgium's defense who will be once again without Kompany. Tunisia recorded two overs 3.5 goals in their last four matches, including 2-2 draw against the reigning european champion Portugal.
I expect at least four goals here.
5-2 Pick won!

Last edited by Macot; 25-06-18 at 18:34.
the_machine30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-18, 10:06   #4
ivan-dzo

ivan-dzo is an unknown quantity at this point

1/5

6th pick

Mexico - South Korea pick over 1.5 first half 3.50 Bet365

Now it is almost madness. From 24 games we saw just 6 games with over 1.5 first half.
This is so poor data that I cant believe it. My favorite bet option became disaster.
Still, I am so stupid that wont give up at all.
Mexico show good game against Germany won 1-0. Still, today expect totally different game. I expect today them to attack as South Korea look in my eyes like one of the worst teams in Russia this summer. Against Sweden they had hard game lost 1-0, and today they need to go in attack to try to make something. Except Tottenham Son, all other players are average and Mexico for sure have much more quality in their team. So this game finally can stop this ugly no goals in first half trend!

Good luck !!!!
0-1 Pick lost!

Last edited by Macot; 25-06-18 at 18:35.
ivan-dzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-18, 10:29   #5
alcuni

alcuni is on a distinguished road

Pick no #1
Belgium - Tunisia
Pick Belgium -1.5
Odds: 2.20
SBOBET

Belgium beat Panama 3-0 in first game after a game they fully dominated, only the good evolution of Panama GK Penedo kept the score at this level. They scored 3 times in 2nd half though and are leading the group after first round. Now they have the chance to take another good results which will qualify them further in this competition before the last game from the group vs England.
Tunisia made an average game versus poor England, losing in the end 1-2 conceding in last minutes. We know England is by years so poor in these final tournament so I think Tunisia could have take better result ( even than a draw). They scored from an in-existent penalty kick so don't count on them too much in attack. One of their best main, main GK Hassen ( who had an excellent season at Chateauroux Ligue 2) is injured and will miss here.
So expect again a solid performance from Belgium and without force to much they can take a new win 2-0 for Belgium is my call so Back Belgium - 1.5 ah. gl
5-2 Pick won!

alcuni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-18, 10:40   #6
damir10
Freshman

damir10 is on a distinguished road

pick # 4 +102

South Korea - Mexico
Pick: South Korea under 0.5 goals
Odds: 2.03 pinnacle

Mexico is trying to qualify from group stages 6th World Cup events in a row. In the last 6 WC, they were 1 match away from Quarter-Finals. This year, they can break this chance. After beating Germany, they have every chance to get 1st position and face with Switzerland, very possible 2nd of Group E. Mexico to win odds were at evens before Germany. Than dropped to 1.45 and we can find at around 1.7-1.8. Coach Osorio prepared his team very well and I don't see any reason they will fail to win this game. If Mexico wins the game, it will be very likely to win to nil. Last 8 of 10 victories were in that type, win to nil. It shows if they keep clean sheet, they will very likely to score at least 1 with great offensive powers.

South Korea was very awful on the first game vs Sweden. Their expected goal ratio was just 0.51. South Korea is still harmful with injured problems as they used 50 different players during WC qualifers. South Korea conceded at least 1 goal in 7 of last 9 games, those 2 games were against Syria. Mexico can score and make tight defence with win to nil.
1-2 Pick lost!

damir10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-18, 14:44   #7
Overeem

Overeem is on a distinguished road

5 1-1-2 +50
South Korea - Mexico
Over 1.5 HT @ 3.25 Bet365

Mexico showed fantastic football against Germany and they really were dominating in first half. Mexico plays hard in first half and then defends more in the second half, this is exactly what they did against Germany. With speedster players like Hirving Chucky Lozano Mexico are most dangerous in first 45 minutes while Mexico's players are still well rested and full of energy in first half. South Korea lost against Sweden and they need goals today, with Mexico's usual first half strong attacking energy we must see 2 goals in first half.
0-1 Pick lost!

Last edited by Macot; 25-06-18 at 18:36.
Overeem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-18, 14:54   #8
WKSkofu

WKSkofu is an unknown quantity at this point

Pick 1
Mexico S. Korea
Pick under 2,25 goals , 2.07 SBOBEt

Why?
Mexico and S. Korea struggled in scoring goals in last games.
S. Korea have scored 0 goals in last 3 games. This team is known from a devotion of the players, they fight strongly and play aggressively and i think they will defend well again. They had 3 under 2,5 games out of last 3.
Mexico have scored only games in last 5 but they won 1:0 with Germany, World Cup champions. They will certainly build on that but i doubt they will score more than 1. I expect an tough game and 0:0, or 1:0 for Mexico in worse case 2;0 for them.
Mexico have a really goood defence and 4 from last 5 games went u 1,5 goals!
2-1 Pick lost!

WKSkofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-18, 14:58   #9
CursedLuck

CursedLuck is on a distinguished road

Pick #4 (1-2) +25
South Korea x Mexico

Pick: Mexico -1.5 AH
Odds: 3.00
Bookie: bet365

Mexico lads had around 4 or 5 clear goal scoring opportunities against the German machinery but they were not accuarate enough and in the end barely won 1:0.

Osorio made some mistakes with taking off their best players in offense just to give Rafa Marquez his milestone world cup appearance. This almost proved to be costly because Germany were really pressuring Mexico in last moments of that game.

But overall Mexico lads did something incredibly hard, they ve kept a clean sheet against defending world champions and they also beat them with plenty of counter attacking chances to score more goals, which they failed to do.

South Korea are rather average defensive team and Mexico lads are now literally on top of the world. Everyone involved in Mexico's football national team is extremely happy and they're flying high. Handicap win for Mexicans!
2-1 Pick lost!

CursedLuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-18, 15:52   #10
Kane1910

Kane1910 is an unknown quantity at this point

Pick 3 1W/1L +58
Germany - Sweden
Pick: Sweden with AH +0.5
Odd:2.63
Pinnacle

Sweden had big advantage against South Korea and finally in second half they scored decisive goal. Their defensive was really solid - South Korea didn't shoot on goal even once.
Germany had big advantage aganst Mexico but they played quite slowly and very bad in defensive - Mexico had many occasions in this match.
Sweden defensive should be better than Mexico, they in attack don't have many combative players but for sure they could cause problems for German defenders.
2-1 Pick lost!

Kane1910 is offline   Reply With Quote