This site is for adults 18+ due to gambling/betting content. If you have a problem with gambling issues, or need information, please visit:
Gambling Help Online Gamblers Anonymous Gambling Therapy Gamble Aware Jugadores Anonimos JugarBIEN BeGambleAware GamCare

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > Rules and info > Suggestions

Suggestions Want to suggest something for the improval of this forum, or of Bettingadvice.com mainsite? Express yourself here!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 11-12-07, 11:06   #31
grefstad
Administrator
Site admin

grefstad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by axi
1. Are suggestions still welcome?
2. When will the new version be launched?
3. "We'll soon update to phpbb version 3" - how soon is soon?
Sugggestions are still very welcome.

We have launched no fewer than 3 (!) programs to renew BA, one of these programs seem to have died out, and the other also seem to fizzle out, but the newest, and most reliable developent has now been agreed with the developer of Absoluteodds.com, who is a programmer by profession. He also knows the business, and should be able to do a good job for us.

I have sent specs, and the specs have been reviewed and agreed upon, but there are ofcourse room for changes.

So come with all your suggestions, they will be listened to.

We have a target date og late March 2008.
It will mean moving over to a Windows server, and ASP.net technology, and in that respect we will also update to phpbb version 3 (remember, phpbb 3.0 is not officially supported yet, still in beta modus).

Feel free to suggest features for the new site.

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 11-12-07, 11:33   #32
latso

latso is an unknown quantity at this point

I just wants first to agree with the idea of high stakes tips section.
It will be useful also for the tipsters as this way a 9/10 or 10/10 bears much more responsability for the one who posts it (at least moral responsability).
At the end of a certain period, there could be also some kind of table with the ones with best record of high stakes picks (monthly or at 3 months).

Also anither thing - what about the smileys ops: (i know it sounds stupid right now but...) In the new version, will there be more room for smileys?
Was the room the problem for taking out the signatures?

I mean, any small stupid forum you go, there are tons of smileys and it's much easier to express yourself in this virtual world with this tool.

Cheers
latso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-07, 11:41   #33
lawyer man
Freshman

lawyer man is an unknown quantity at this point

motto
Please dont make discussions about it here, only come with the suggestions (this is brainstorming). We have to do it like this for the readability of this thread.

I also suggest that tipsters should be over 25 years old, so that they have "life experience", working to earn their living and respect money and betting stakes.-MANTIS

And the tipsters shouldn't be over 40, because it's proven the brains starts to deteriorating at that age. It rules out my chances in becoming a tipster. :roll:
KARRA

so should be a junior league and old league for tipsters -like a team tipsters and the best team won something.....
lawyer man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-07, 11:49   #34
lawyer man
Freshman

lawyer man is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartwright
What about "high stakes picks" section?
On the main site, you can open a section where will be the picks from all sports and legaues, but only the ones that are staked with 10 or 9.

So, these picks will be in the section they usually belong, and also in the "high stakes" section.

I'm telling that cause lot of readers are following only high staked picks, and this way, it will be easer for them to find it.
i rather follow a 6 or 7 staked by Karra which is a very confident bet than a 9 or 10 staked by a tipster like ..."me"(to not offend people)

but a section with valuable picks sorted only by value ??????????
or already exist something like that -POD :idea:
lawyer man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-07, 12:13   #35
axi

axi is an unknown quantity at this point

---
axi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-07, 16:32   #36
axi

---
Old 11-12-07, 19:47   #37
CG

CG is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by latso
Also anither thing - what about the smileys ops: (i know it sounds stupid right now but...) In the new version, will there be more room for smileys?
Was the room the problem for taking out the signatures?
Smileys were taken out because of the load they created on the server.

Signatures were taken out because of the amount of spam/sh*t that was posted in them. This will hopefully be rectified in the new BA by being able to turn off individual users sigs. instead of all or none.
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-07, 19:48   #38
CG

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyer man
And the tipsters shouldn't be over 40, because it's proven the brains starts to deteriorating at that age. It rules out my chances in becoming a tipster. :roll:
KARRA
Cheers pal!! thats another one off my Xmas card list.
Old 12-12-07, 12:40   #39
grefstad
Administrator
Site admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by axi
- Picks sort by date on the 1st page (easier for long-term bets and a good breakdown for archived picks)

Good suggestion. Note made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by axi
- neatly arranged schedule for the picks like on betshoot (structure and layout of the picks on absoluteodds.com looks good)
A bit uncertain about this. Remember, at BA we sort tipsters in categories, meaning a tipster have access to predict in a certain league, or a sport.
Therefore, it means sense to sort active predictions based on leagues/ sports, not put it all together in one big bowl.

For me, at least, it makes sense to list predictions in the various leagues/sports in some sort of a "quick-glance" listing, and then you can get more detailed listings inside.
The frontpage will be pretty messy with the amount of predictions we have/can have in weekends.
Interesting to hear other people's view on this.

We can ofcourse make a sorting function, where readers can filter different types of sports (football, basket, tennis, etc)

On the new version a tipster will get access to predict several leagues / sports on the same login, while as today, a tipster need a different login for each sport/league he predicts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by axi

- every BA tipster gets his own "blog" like on blogabet, where he can post his picks (proofed tipsters can post plain picks)
Well..a tipster is writing analysis on his tipster page, viewable for all, and on the new version all analysis will be viewable at all times should the reader want it. This is not the case on the present version.

We'll also consider adding "shout-boxes" on tipster pages, so people can comment on the picks. The problem with that is that you will likely get a lot of childish behaviour which need moderating, and more work is not something we need....

Quote:
Originally Posted by axi

- Tipsters stats with different performance graphs for the leagues (e.g. Premier League, Championship, English Conference)
Bets
won
void
lost
Win rate
Avg. Odds
Avg. staked
Profit
Yield
streak
Yep, this will be implemented.
We will also make a "total" graph for all tipsters at BA, so we can see the total profit made by the entire group of tipsters, for different periods.
Hopefully also possible to break it down to different sports, leagues, etc.

Once the numbers are in the database, it is really just playing with numbers to get the different graphs and listings.
However, such listings, graphs, etc need to be properly made, cached, to avoid server strain.
After all, BA's server is pushing out around 1MB/second on high traffic times, usually something between 600-1000 GB over 1 month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by axi
- Every Tipster who is allowed to post picks on a league of a country should be allowed to post picks about lower league games and international games
Makes sense, but again, we need tipsters to be assigned to leagues/sports, not the other way around.
A tipster will be given access to predict many leagues on the same login, and the accesses are given by admin or junior admins.
We need a proper way of presenting predictions, and therefore I feel it would be silly to just allow a tipster to bet in "English football", and then let him predict everything from EPL to Conference South.
We need to divide English football into all the divisions possible, and then assign tipsters (or rights) to the different leagues.
This is nescessary also with reference to the statistics and graphs, as we need to be able to break down stats to produce graphs and meaningful listings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by axi
- Replace the Top10 and install a statistic which can be organised after Last10, Month, Yield, Streak, Total
Yes, this is noted. The listings, and it will be many of them, in all kinds of variations, will hold a lot of info.
Listings are pretty easy once you have the database structure, as listings is just playing with numbers and presenting it. Need ot be heavily cached though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by axi
- rating system for tipsters like on ebay
Interesting, you mean based on ratings given by readers? or an automatic rating given by the system based on a formula for profit, number of picks, yield, etc?
grefstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-07, 12:54   #40
reuf vatreni

reuf vatreni is an unknown quantity at this point

don't know if someone already mentioned these suggestions, but I like them and it should be no problem to name them again :

:idea: in Forum, members should be able to jump to particular side (f.e. go to page 7) in order to avoid going one by one by topics with larger amount of total posts in it that spreads over 6 or more pages...

:idea: on main page, where the evaluation of the particular pick is made, beside date, event, pick, odds, bookie, profit, yield...should also be a result of that particular event, so that we could be able to see "how close that prediction was"...f.e if a tipster makes a prediction 10/10 for a basketball game A vs B and gives a -10.5 handy on home team to cover, and the game ends 60-95 we would be able to see his judgment abbility, because it is not the same if you miss it by one FT in the last second or a desperate 3 pts shot, or when the game goes completely in the opposite direction...

:idea: all readers of picks from main page should get the opportunity to give their rating about how they liked what was written, on the scale from 1-10 together with the number of members who voted in total...and that rating should also be added to particular stats overview...

hope you understood my thoughts, will come back with some more...and once again, sorry if someone already mentioned these suggestions and I am now writing them again
reuf vatreni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-07, 14:01   #41
Enravota
Freshman

Enravota is an unknown quantity at this point

[quote="grefstad"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by axi
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by axi
- rating system for tipsters like on ebay
Interesting, you mean based on ratings given by readers? or an automatic rating given by the system based on a formula for profit, number of picks, yield, etc?

I think it is a good idea - and why not both - one "objective" rating based on calculations - and one "subjective" - based on opinions by readers :idea:
Enravota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-07, 14:45   #42
axi

---
Old 12-12-07, 14:59   #43
axi

---
Old 12-12-07, 21:24   #44
grefstad
Administrator
Site admin

Remember to suggest only for the MAINSITE.

Forum functions is mainly subject to how this third party software was made (www.phpbb.com)

THe forum is not made by BA; and therefore we have little, or none at all, influence on the functions in this forum, apart from adding a whole lot of modifications which will slow the forum down.
Lack of modifications added to the forum is done deliberately, to keep it as tidy as possible.

Less adverts in the forum is noted though, although as you all understand, this site lives from advertising, and espescially revenue sharing with bookies. Without ads, no BA.

RSS-feeds and WAP-portal is something to consider.

Mail notification of predictions and also probably a SMS service will likely be implemented, espescially if we decide to make a paid section on the site.
Old 14-12-07, 19:31   #45
litost

litost is on a distinguished road

Terje , i do not know who can solve the problem but that window asking to open Shockwave Flash Object from betsafe that pops up everytime one opens BA forum or mainpage is quite disturbing .

Is there any way to fix that ??
litost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-07, 22:56   #46
grefstad
Administrator
Site admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by litost
Terje , i do not know who can solve the problem but that window asking to open Shockwave Flash Object from betsafe that pops up everytime one opens BA forum or mainpage is quite disturbing .

Is there any way to fix that ??

Strange, I dont have that behaviour.
I've changed the flash banner though, to a standard static gif banner.
Hopefully better now.

Terje
Old 14-12-07, 22:57   #47
CG

i checked earlier and it was fine with IE but Firefox picked it up
Old 15-12-07, 00:45   #48
litost

litost is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by grefstad
Strange, I dont have that behaviour.
I've changed the flash banner though, to a standard static gif banner.
Hopefully better now.

Terje
Just tested keeps pooping up problem is stored on computer and every few minutes comes up again , but no big deal i just do not like explorer rather use firefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG
i checked earlier and it was fine with IE but Firefox picked it up
Yes i use when i can firefox IE crashes too much plus prefer the tags thing in only one window insead of 43263 ! open at same time maybe there is an option that prevent it fom hapening also i usually connect from street cafes so hard to control pc not an expert either
ops:

cheers.
litost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-07, 12:19   #49
varganya

varganya is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by grefstad
We have a target date og late March 2008.
It will mean moving over to a Windows server, and ASP.net technology, and in that respect we will also update to phpbb version 3 (remember, phpbb 3.0 is not officially supported yet, still in beta modus).

Feel free to suggest features for the new site.
ops:
Old 20-12-07, 21:25   #50
Satyr

Satyr is an unknown quantity at this point

Why are you always so cynical and negative?
Satyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-07, 01:38   #51
acivi10
Freshman

acivi10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Suggestion

My suggestion is to have possibility to sort one forum thread as tree...sometimes it is not so easy to catch all replies (quotes) easily....

But however I think that BA is best page regarding betting informations...and also I am satisfied with this look and page logic...
acivi10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-07, 01:51   #52
Freshman

901 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, i think that one and only one necessary suggestion is :

*** Email and/or SMS notifications for readers, so that they can chose to get emails/SMS sent to them whenever a pick appears from their favourite tipster (although not the entire pick, after all, we want people to visit this site..)

More over, i would prefer program like mail-agent (small program which sent notification on screen when new letter come into mail box) which would inform about new picks. But even mail notification would be enough.
901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-07, 12:57   #53
grefstad
Administrator
Site admin

Default Re: Suggestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by acivi10
My suggestion is to have possibility to sort one forum thread as tree...sometimes it is not so easy to catch all replies (quotes) easily....

But however I think that BA is best page regarding betting informations...and also I am satisfied with this look and page logic...
Thanks for the suggestion. Please only suggest function on mainsite BA. Suggestions for the forum is no big use, since the forum is third party software, and we can not do much about the forum (apart from installing new versions and eventual modifications).
Old 26-12-07, 04:05   #54

Default Re: Suggestion

the most important will be that people will know who is good.worth to trust them.

for examle some kind of raiting.
Old 26-12-07, 18:45   #55
mitsos10

mitsos10 is an unknown quantity at this point

I would like to suggest something about the forum.
It would be nice if a topic of "specials" would exist.
I mean bets that dont have to do with sports(oscars,presidents etc) or bets that consist "who will get relegated" or "who will be the champion".
mitsos10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-07, 04:22   #56
Louis

Louis has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I wanna suggest something...
I really like bettingadvice, and i try to be active more than i can...
I'm on "Pick of the day" three months...
.................................................. ...........................................
And i like to see some topic or something at main site like:
"Ticket Of The Day" in future...
A lot of people here want to play at odds like 4.00 - 5.00 (but no at one single game)... so, i think that good tipsters here can choose 2 (combo), 3 of 4 matches, and maybe more (matches on their most promissing ticket)...

You can think about it... maybe just bettingadvice/tipsters can take that kind of responsability... or some competition like POD... but i think it's a good idea :idea:

Good luck in your betting everyone !!!
Louis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-07, 10:17   #57
sebastiaany

sebastiaany is an unknown quantity at this point

it s not for the main page but maybe in the future..when someone opens an new account to not be allowed to post for a week(or another number of days) in the beginning..and everytime to log in to direct them to the rules of posting first.

here s one ex today in spanish basket topic:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby
Unicaja Malaga win Juventut!!

Vamos UNICAJA!!!!
sebastiaany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-08, 12:12   #58
Cessan

Cessan is an unknown quantity at this point

One thing that I miss is the possibility to choose tipster instead of sport when I want to read the picks. That is if tipsers tip on more than one league and you want to read all their picks, it would be nice if you could just choose to read that tipsters all picks. It might be hard to do, but it would be good I think.
Cessan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-08, 21:24   #59
Tomass

Tomass is an unknown quantity at this point

I suggest for us tipsters to have the EDIT option in case we make a mistake when we write a pick on the main site.
Tomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-08, 22:52   #60
grefstad
Administrator
Site admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomass
I suggest for us tipsters to have the EDIT option in case we make a mistake when we write a pick on the main site.

This will be implemented in some capacity.
It may become so that some tipsters (who got some time on the site and are known as trustable), will get edit options, soem freshmen may not get it.
If we implement for all, we need a logging system so admins can see what has been changed (to avoid possible cheating).

Tipsters will also only have one login, but may have access to bet on several leagues/sports, depending on settings.