This site is for adults 18+ due to gambling/betting content. If you have a problem with gambling issues, or need information, please visit:
Gambling Help Online Gamblers Anonymous Gambling Therapy Gamble Aware Jugadores Anonimos JugarBIEN BeGambleAware GamCare

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > ChitChat and Competitions > Contests/Competitions

Contests/Competitions Forum contests and other competitions run by BA or other websites. Join and win!!
PINNACLE - accept very large stakes! Low juice!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 29-03-18, 16:53   #31
Dex

Dex is an unknown quantity at this point

why some ppl put odds above 2,25 as that odds are not allowed?
today Ferri posted odd 2,90 and iv5den45 2,50

for me this picks is voided
Dex is offline   Reply With Quote

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 29-03-18, 16:55   #32
Dex

Dex is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex View Post

and ALL other with same cheating odds
Dex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-18, 17:16   #33
Feri
Super Moderator

Feri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex View Post

Guess it's not easy to find exactly 2.25 odds, though it would be better for me get those kind of odds f.e. for a handy on my choice. I'm sure you understand higher odds indicate higher risk as well.. and those who find odds @2.25, are more likely to win those than me, though I'll earn the same if I win..
Old 29-03-18, 17:40   #34
sirac

sirac is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feri View Post
Guess it's not easy to find exactly 2.25 odds, though it would be better for me get those kind of odds f.e. for a handy on my choice. I'm sure you understand higher odds indicate higher risk as well.. and those who find odds @2.25, are more likely to win those than me, though I'll earn the same if I win..
You clearly havent read the new rules which specifically state that odds above 2.25 arent allowed anymore. You can easily take the asian handi.
Old 29-03-18, 17:52   #35
hashishmaster

hashishmaster is on a distinguished road

What if someone wants to get maximum odds or need maximum odds? Imho it is normal to get a bit higher odds. Point is done with lowering the odds so there is no point in limiting it within a range. Just my 2 cents.
hashishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-18, 18:04   #36
Macot
Super Moderator

Macot is on a distinguished road

If we leave open odds again then we are once again there where we were, so people will make picks with odds 3 or 2,80 or even more.
For those who can not get 2,25 or about, they need to take lower handicap by 0,25 and that settles things.
So yes, all picks with odds higher than 2,25 will be cancelled because if you give a pick that has value at 2,50 and post it with odds 2,25 all the value is gone.

To Dex... I try to check if odds are correct and so far I think people are sticking to the real odds.
Those who won`t and I catch them will have their pick cancelled and if they continue to post wrong odds will be eliminated from the competition.
Old 29-03-18, 19:13   #37
Feri
Super Moderator

Feri is on a distinguished road

Yep, my bad. Dex & the rest of you are right..
Old 25-04-18, 08:14   #38
al-gor

al-gor is an unknown quantity at this point

If you are strict for the new rules its a fair to void the pick on alcuni, because he used 1x2, not asian handicap.
You sad watch out, dont make mistakes and void one of my picks, so you should to do with the same here :
Quote:
Originally Posted by alcuni View Post
Pick no 7 5-0-1 +411
Ajaccio - Lens
Pick: 1
Odds: 1.99
Bookie: Pinnacle

Ajaccio put a hard defensive fight versus Reims Friday night trying to stay undefeated and to deny Reims title at least for a round. Eventually they lost 0-1, putting an end to their series of 5 consecutive wins and remaining 3rd in table and not taking advantage of Nimes draw. But an encouraging evolution for them in the perspective of the remaining games. Will be an interesting fight for 2nd spot with Nimes cause is almost impossible for them to finish lower than 3rd spot. Not too difficult schedule for Pantaloni***8217;s boys so even direct promotion is achievable. Maazou will miss for this game (he is loaned from Lens and was an agreement he not to play vs Lens).

Lens made another false step at home, finishing 3-3 versus LeHavre. They were in a comfortable 3-1 lead at HT but they pleased with so less in second half, inviting LeHavre to attack and losing in the end 2 points. Despite having a series of 4 games without a defeat Lens took 3 consecutive draws in the process and are still on 16th spot, 5 points more than Nancy. Two tough games (this and next round) but with last 2 accessible game perhaps Lens will be saved in the end from relegation. Zoubir is fresh injured and miss this trip.

Ajaccio have 6 consecutive wins in 2018 on their own pitch, over all losing only 3 games versus top teams. So, I expect them to continue on same path and to take a new home win. gl
2-0 pick won
sorry alcuni that is the rule, nothing personal.
al-gor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-18, 10:12   #39
Macot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by al-gor View Post
If you are strict for the new rules its a fair to void the pick on alcuni, because he used 1x2, not asian handicap.
You sad watch out, dont make mistakes and void one of my picks, so you should to do with the same here :

sorry alcuni that is the rule, nothing personal.
This is -0,5 AH normally you dont need to write that,
I think that is quite understandable.
Besides, you dont need to go harsh on me, I do this to help and logically mistakes are possible, but yes i will stay strict on rules.
This pick stands as it is a valid one.
Old 25-04-18, 20:51   #40
Serpico_re

Serpico_re is on a distinguished road

Macot, i think al-gor is trying to say something else, that this odd of 1.99 was too high for that match. Opening odd in Pinnacle was 1.89, and it was droping, in my local even to 1.75, in other bookies wasnt even above 1.9, so him to put 1.99 is quite much if we take into consideration that he done it at least 5 times , which will bring us to around 50 pts, not much but take in count that it can decide placement a lot !!!! you can see odd movement in website and 1.99 was never there. Best regards. and yea i think he should be penalized for this

we all try to respect gentlmen agreement but this is something that will destroy trust here. And a nice base for others to get loose.
Serpico_re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-18, 21:53   #41
Macot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpico_re View Post
Macot, i think al-gor is trying to say something else, that this odd of 1.99 was too high for that match. Opening odd in Pinnacle was 1.89, and it was droping, in my local even to 1.75, in other bookies wasnt even above 1.9, so him to put 1.99 is quite much if we take into consideration that he done it at least 5 times , which will bring us to around 50 pts, not much but take in count that it can decide placement a lot !!!! you can see odd movement in website and 1.99 was never there. Best regards. and yea i think he should be penalized for this

we all try to respect gentlmen agreement but this is something that will destroy trust here. And a nice base for others to get loose.
No he did not want to say that, read what he wrote.
Regarding odds it is tough to check for 0,1 difference, if there will be no trust and I will see that conestants are abusing odds, we will simply close the competition...
Old 25-04-18, 21:55   #42
Macot
Super Moderator

Closing odds at pinny were 1,93 so the difference was 0,06.
I am really not able to go and check all odds, of course if i would spot something way out of line i would react, but it is tough to go and check what was going on on such games.
Old 25-04-18, 22:34   #43
Serpico_re

Serpico_re is on a distinguished road

ok, so why he didnt put 1.93? if that is the max odd ever on that match! if he do that for every pick, thats 60 points. and we can all see the odds movement.

now you know that he is the player who puts the wrong odds , so you can inspect him in future if you dont want to do that in past.
Serpico_re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-18, 02:17   #44
Quill

Quill is on a distinguished road

"You can only take these bet types :

-Asian handicap bets
-Over/Under bets (Game total) !"
For me "only" means no exception.
What if everyone will have "minor slip-ups" like that?

Everyone could have selected the 1X2 odds "by mistake"... what if they did?
Quill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-18, 08:25   #45
alcuni

alcuni is on a distinguished road

@al_gor: no offence taken; I posted in a short period of time this pick on other betting platforms too and did this from my mobile; using copy-paste yeap I didn***8217;'t pay enough attention to add (-0.5) but Macot pointed out already.

@ serpico_re: as I said above I posted this bet on other 5 betting platforms;; my bet was saw by more than 3000 people ( just a rough estimation, could be more ); on all platforms I posted same odds 1.99; wonder why now, after couple of days, a single person accuse me of cheating taking high odds than the real one? Wonder why all the other admins graded my bet without doing this? You just needed to notice that in that day the odds for a home win fluctuated a lot from the opening 1.89 till 2.10 if I remember correctly; for sure at the time of posting the odds was 1.99; if you don't believe me and other admins you can ask Pinnacle to confirm if at the time of posting the odds was real or not.. Never in my betting life didn't take higher odds to post it on different betting platforms***8230;

You also can check on different portals with odds at the time of posting 23.04.2018 11:19 the odds (for -0.5 equivalent with home straight win) were 2.04; so what we are talking about of maximum odds being 1.93?

Don't want to argue with anyone so this is my single reply to this. Thanks and gl
alcuni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-18, 11:56   #46
Macot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpico_re View Post
ok, so why he didnt put 1.93? if that is the max odd ever on that match! if he do that for every pick, thats 60 points. and we can all see the odds movement.

now you know that he is the player who puts the wrong odds , so you can inspect him in future if you dont want to do that in past.
It Was not the maximum odd but the closing odd. I dont know what max odds were.
Old 26-04-18, 11:59   #47
Macot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quill View Post
"You can only take these bet types :

-Asian handicap bets
-Over/Under bets (Game total) !"
For me "only" means no exception.
What if everyone will have "minor slip-ups" like that?

Everyone could have selected the 1X2 odds "by mistake"... what if they did?
He took asian odds . Taking -.5 you dont need to write -0,5 as it is the same. These are basics of betting and i would expect you understood that.