This site is for adults 18+ due to gambling/betting content. If you have a problem with gambling issues, or need information, please visit:
Gambling Help Online Gamblers Anonymous Gambling Therapy Gamble Aware Jugadores Anonimos JugarBIEN BeGambleAware GamCare

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > Soccer >
Internationals/Friendlies

Internationals/Friendlies
Analysis and discussions (and predictions) for Internationals and friendly soccer games.

PINNACLE - accept very large stakes! Low juice!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 11-07-18, 22:25   #1
Wilson
Super Moderator

Wilson is on a distinguished road
Default FINAL - 15.07. 17:00 France - Croatia

1.93 3.25 4.60
Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 11-07-18, 22:51   #2
Cyrus
Freshman

Cyrus is an unknown quantity at this point

50:50. Betting on underdog suits me just fine.
Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-18, 02:19   #3
petomavar

petomavar is an unknown quantity at this point

Odds are OK and the French are favorites in this game. But I thought the same for a match with England and see how it ended. So I will stay away. France is much better team than England, with one day rest more and without last 3 games in extra time.
petomavar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-18, 04:01   #4
HenryLai

HenryLai is on a distinguished road

odds a little higher than I thought
The handicap should be -0.75 or -0.5@1.80, now is little higher than on paper
HenryLai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-18, 14:46   #5
sirac

sirac is on a distinguished road

Odds seem ok to me but if i wouldnt have french to win it all i would definitelly back them. Croatia showed inconsistent performance, lucky as well to get through penalties two times in a row but in first half against young Lions they could have easily been 0-2 down and game would have been different. Sure they arent a team without hope here, showed character and resiliance, some good football but lets face it, their path was easy compared with what France got: Brazil and Belgium and lets face it: it was more of a case of England self-imploding with some amateurish moves in defense than croatian quality. Croatia just did the right things but was nothing special, still waiting that bit of magic from Rakitic and Modric and the same story was in previous games: good team, solid but nothing special and they seem to receive game after game. France was solid so far, Varane impresive at the back, Llloris in top form, holding midfielders very solud in Matuidi and Kante, even mug Pogba looks like a decent player in this team. Their full backs are largely impressive going forward but this is their weakest spot defensivelly as they can be exposed on one on one especially on counters as Belgium had few chances like that with Hazard toying Pavard. So i guess croats will have a lot of crosses and also France is good in the air already scored a couple of headers so i will definitelly have a go a goal scored with header, havent checked the odds. Mbappe was brilliant so far, Grizzou not so much but he is still a danger with his set-pieces and class. For me this two are simply in different class, simply croats cant match the french talents and they are way more solid than anything they played so far. Of course with their fighting spirit and negative tactics of Les Bleus after they score there is definitelly a chance for an equalizer and another extra time but i just dont see it, i think its the end of the road for Croatia and they will hit an absolute wall, because i have no doubt they will receive at some point, their D just doesnt inspire confidence.
I would love to be wrong on this one and see a miracle here with a small country going all the way but i see very very small chances for that.
Old 12-07-18, 15:14   #6
litost

litost is on a distinguished road

truth about easier way path .. yet at finals other factor may be more imp ..

people talk about first half looking "gone" ... but thats what most sides would look like when all scenario changes at 5 mins and u are chasing game ...

what they did after may actually increase their confidence as team ....

im not sure im ready to back bleus with -.75 line .......
Old 13-07-18, 10:01   #7
Cyrus
Freshman

It will be hard for sure. Wouldnt put my money on France, regardless my affiliation towards my team (croatian). Its final, whole different story for all involved. Just enjoying the show.
Old 13-07-18, 12:23   #8
Karl-Heinz

Karl-Heinz is an unknown quantity at this point

Golden ball
Mbappe 1,90
Modric 3,00
Griezmann 11,00

I dont understand these odds. Most probably the golden ball goes to the winning team.
Mbappe played great so far, 3 goals. Ok.
Modric gets the ball if Croatia wins the final and he was good.
Griezmann not bad so far, 3 goals.
France favorite to be world champions.

1,90 vs 11?
If it was 2,50 vs 6,00 ok

Can u explain it to me? Or is it already clear that Mbappe gets the trophy?
Karl-Heinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-18, 12:59   #9
dakashev

dakashev is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl-Heinz View Post
Golden ball
Mbappe 1,90
Modric 3,00
Griezmann 11,00

I dont understand these odds. Most probably the golden ball goes to the winning team.

1,90 vs 11?

I'm also a little bit confused why the odds look like this (Mbappe being such a favorite). I would definitely add Daniel Subasic to the list who is having an exceptional tournament so far.
And have in mind that the award does not necessarily go to the winning team. In fact, the last 5 winners were selected from countries that failed to lift the trophy (Messi, Forlan, Zizu, Kahn, Ronaldo).
So even if France loses the final the award for best player can go to Mbappe/Griezman and vice versa (Croatia loses and Modric wins).
dakashev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-18, 13:49   #10
Karl-Heinz

Subasic 67,00 +

Loris vs Subasic (golden glove)
1,5 vs 2,7
Old 13-07-18, 13:53   #11
Karl-Heinz

I think the problem with Croatia beginns when France scores 1st. Its superhard to equalize vs that team.
Croatia in knockout never scored first.
Old 13-07-18, 16:17   #12
Dex

Dex is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I think the problem with Croatia beginns when France scores 1st. Its superhard to equalize vs that team.
Croatia in knockout never scored first.
I'm afraid what will be if we score first ......... it's better that France score first and in that case we will play better and overturn the score and maybe not go in ET this time
Dex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-18, 17:08   #13
Wilson
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex View Post
I'm afraid what will be if we score first ......... it's better that France score first and in that case we will play better and overturn the score and maybe not go in ET this time
Difficult to say, If France score first, it will be pretty much over for Croatia... French defensive skills are very impressive...Unlike Croatia play more on the flanks cause it seems to be the "weakest" part of the french team. Croatia might have problems on counters if France score first here.. On the other side if Croatia score first your team is not used to defend and it's by far not the best part of your team. The Odds on Over keep rising and it seems to be very interesting actually even Over 2 goals start to have lot of value..
Old 15-07-18, 12:23   #14
fc arges

fc arges is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakashev View Post
I'm also a little bit confused why the odds look like this (Mbappe being such a favorite). I would definitely add Daniel Subasic to the list who is having an exceptional tournament so far.
And have in mind that the award does not necessarily go to the winning team. In fact, the last 5 winners were selected from countries that failed to lift the trophy (Messi, Forlan, Zizu, Kahn, Ronaldo).
So even if France loses the final the award for best player can go to Mbappe/Griezman and vice versa (Croatia loses and Modric wins).
He will take it for sure if France wins...he's 19 years old...big future and some good plays at this WC....actually it's more safe to bet on him at 1.90 than France to win the WC @1.43 becouse he's the clear favorite if France wins!

you can do a SUREBET between M'bappe and Modric
fc arges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-18, 12:30   #15
fc arges

fc arges is on a distinguished road

I had the chance to see Croatia in some matches but France only against Australia where they won with luck and against Belgium! Belgium deserved more but they made a mistake at that corner....it happens

It will be hard for Croatia becouse the players from France need 2-3 seconds and they will punish you...

Croatia had the "ball jumping with more luck" against England and scored 2 unexpected goals from nothing but this is in the past...

I want Croatia to take it but i just cant when i see N'Kante, Pogba, M'bappe and Griezmann on the other side...
fc arges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-18, 13:06   #16
blackcat14
Freshman

blackcat14 is on a distinguished road

Croatia wasn't lucky and "scored 2 unexpected goals" against England. If you check the stats you can notice the key ones are in their favour, more goal chances and shots on target, +100 more completed passes etc. They controlled that game.

If the croatians are physically OK they can match France who apart from a solid defensive play, set pieces and some wonder goals did not impress with anything. Croatia is definitely more of a team.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L21 using Tapatalk
blackcat14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-18, 13:32   #17
latortuga

latortuga is on a distinguished road

Happily backed France throughout the tournament and it will be no different here. They are by far the better side and I get the feeling this will be even easier for France than the odds suggest. Maybe 2-0/3-0. Mbappe should be able to skin Croatia's defensive line where Sterling failed too.

France to win @ 2.0
France CS 2-0/3-0
latortuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-18, 13:37   #18
latortuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcat14 View Post
Croatia wasn't lucky and "scored 2 unexpected goals" against England. If you check the stats you can notice the key ones are in their favour, more goal chances and shots on target, +100 more completed passes etc. They controlled that game.

If the croatians are physically OK they can match France who apart from a solid defensive play, set pieces and some wonder goals did not impress with anything. Croatia is definitely more of a team.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L21 using Tapatalk
Croatia could have been down 2-0 in the first half if England had been more clinical. Not a big deal nor disparaging to be a lucky side, you need that in any tournament.
Old 15-07-18, 13:51   #19
latortuga

Quote:
Golden ball
Mbappe 1,90
Modric 3,00
Griezmann 11,00

1,90 vs 11?

Mbappe has been head and shoulders the best player in this tournament for me. He's been practically unplayable with France looking to him as their main creative outlet. If France wins which is 2.0 you'd expect Mbappe will be a key contributor and get the award. Griezmann has offered little the whole tournament and would probably need to score a couple of goals with Mbappe very quiet to have a chance. It won't be easy with Croatia's stronger defensive side being their right where Vrsaljko should be confident of neutralising his club mate.
Old 15-07-18, 15:48   #20
Dolmuahv
Freshman

Dolmuahv is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by latortuga View Post
Mbappe has been head and shoulders the best player in this tournament for me. He's been practically unplayable with France looking to him as their main creative outlet. If France wins which is 2.0 you'd expect Mbappe will be a key contributor and get the award. Griezmann has offered little the whole tournament and would probably need to score a couple of goals with Mbappe very quiet to have a chance. It won't be easy with Croatia's stronger defensive side being their right where Vrsaljko should be confident of neutralising his club mate.
But if Mbappe is best player, whos best youngplayer, also Mbappe?
Dolmuahv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-18, 16:30   #21
sirac

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirac View Post
Odds seem ok to me but if i wouldnt have french to win it all i would definitelly back them. Croatia showed inconsistent performance, lucky as well to get through penalties two times in a row but in first half against young Lions they could have easily been 0-2 down and game would have been different. Sure they arent a team without hope here, showed character and resiliance, some good football but lets face it, their path was easy compared with what France got: Brazil and Belgium and lets face it: it was more of a case of England self-imploding with some amateurish moves in defense than croatian quality. Croatia just did the right things but was nothing special, still waiting that bit of magic from Rakitic and Modric and the same story was in previous games: good team, solid but nothing special and they seem to receive game after game. France was solid so far, Varane impresive at the back, Llloris in top form, holding midfielders very solud in Matuidi and Kante, even mug Pogba looks like a decent player in this team. Their full backs are largely impressive going forward but this is their weakest spot defensivelly as they can be exposed on one on one especially on counters as Belgium had few chances like that with Hazard toying Pavard. So i guess croats will have a lot of crosses and also France is good in the air already scored a couple of headers so i will definitelly have a go a goal scored with header, havent checked the odds. Mbappe was brilliant so far, Grizzou not so much but he is still a danger with his set-pieces and class. For me this two are simply in different class, simply croats cant match the french talents and they are way more solid than anything they played so far. Of course with their fighting spirit and negative tactics of Les Bleus after they score there is definitelly a chance for an equalizer and another extra time but i just dont see it, i think its the end of the road for Croatia and they will hit an absolute wall, because i have no doubt they will receive at some point, their D just doesnt inspire confidence.
I would love to be wrong on this one and see a miracle here with a small country going all the way but i see very very small chances for that.
Headed goal for France. But they gave it as own goal. Had 5.5 for first goal header but unlucky. Croatia better team in first half. Refs helping french. Another mentally challenged performance from this Deschamps France, hopefully another lost final but now i can cover my France to win it all.

Last edited by sirac; 15-07-18 at 16:55.
sirac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-18, 18:09   #22
CODEPASS
Freshman

CODEPASS is an unknown quantity at this point

What a crazy game,
one own goal, one penalty, one retarded goal keeper .
CODEPASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-18, 18:24   #23
Wilson
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODEPASS View Post
What a crazy game,
one own goal, one penalty, one retarded goal keeper .
That was pretty much like that the whole World cup...
Old 15-07-18, 18:36   #24
CODEPASS
Freshman

CODEPASS is an unknown quantity at this point

Great respect to the Croatia team, they shown their fighting spirit,
but they looks running out of gas in the second half.
The french should have scored a few more goals.
The Croatian defenders simply can't catch up with the pace of Mbappe
CODEPASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-18, 18:52   #25
MarianoV6

MarianoV6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats to France but to Croatia as well!!

Some conclusions i have at the end now

- Disappointment came from the big name teams. Firstly because some didn't had the team that they should had (Argentina for example) and mostly because those who had the teams, didn't perform as such (Germany and Spain as an example here).

- I rate the referees level as poor, beyond the standards that it should had been.

- VAR was a disappointment as well cause it should had brought "justice" and shouldn't let the refs to be in any favor. I remember three occasions where there was a penalty with replay, but the refs never bothered even to look at it (or VAR refs said "no need").

- VAR also stopped the rhythm of the game just to give "justice" which also says a lot about referee's level.

- VAR again and i'm not optimistic about the future. Till now, referees "had" to develop their instinct as they didn't had any extra help. In future, referees will not develop their instinct so much as there will always be VAR to correct them, so they might become more lazy. Far far future maybe, but still something that worries me.

- Some good entertainment games at this WC, even if the level was poorer.

- Some very bad coaches

- Some very good surprises

- Betting wise, some very very very very good options and a chance to make good money

- More things to write but it's too much

Next WC will be played at Qatar in winter of 2021 which should mean all domestic championships, champions league and europa league games will be postponed.

The final at Qatar will be played in a stadium that hasn't been build yet and at a city which hasn't been build also yet () https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lusail

Number of teams might increase to 48 since Qatar, they still talking about this if Qatar can manage it. For sure, at the 2026 WC there will be 48 teams. The level will be closer to this WC but betting wise again, there will be much more profit for us!

And again, congrats to the finalist and to our members here, be proud, well deserved!!
MarianoV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-18, 20:24   #26
Vingold

Vingold is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Golden ball
Mbappe 1,90
Modric 3,00
Griezmann 11,00
1,90 vs 11?

Maybe somebody remember line in Marahonbet on this event. Is it correct that Modric was a favorite with price 2.2 and Mbappe was second with price 2.5? Thank you! Maybe somebody can help to find this event in Marathonbet lines archive?
Vingold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-18, 21:58   #27
Analyst@

Analyst@ is on a distinguished road

Why losers always get the golden ball? First Messi now Modric?
Analyst@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-18, 22:19   #28
Wilson
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyst@ View Post
Why losers always get the golden ball? First Messi now Modric?
If not Modric then who else? Modric has been incredible and contributed alot for Croatia during this World cup.. Maybe Mbappe but i think Modric deserved it much more, no offense but if you couldn't see the big class in Modric then i don't know what to tell you..
Old 15-07-18, 22:55   #29
sirac

Indeed wierd WC and a really wierd final. If you'd see the score you'd say: what a great game but it wasnt like that, most of the goals came after mistakes: fk very softly given fallowed by owngoal, then stupid handball for pen, Lloris mistake and ofc few decent shots outside but this WC must be a record for goals scored after mistakes.
Somehow France looked so exposed, their 3 central midfielders were looking like swiss cheese, Kante was gifting ball after ball, they were so sloppy and careless, i just cant explain why would you be so off in a final, must be because of pressure of a being a favorite and losing the last euros but Croatia really had them by the balls but they couldnt capitalise somehow, showing that they also overachieved, their defense is just not for this level. Croatia didnt deserve this score but to be fair i dont think they had it all to win it, they left a good impression tough and i believe there were better teams than this France like Brazil and Belgium but luck, talent and random events all contributed to french win.
Old 16-07-18, 10:35   #30
Cyrus
Freshman

So sad we couldnt lead already in first half. Without shot on goal, France was leading 2:1. Its a shame. Later we slowed down a bit and it was over. I would have rather seen Belgium in this final, as France doesnt suit us in any sport (football, handball...). Great game to watch, although most goals scored after breaks or/and mistakes. Great accomplishment by Croatia and great result. It is now a 3-days celebration in Croatia and keep enjoying summer too. Thanks to everyone who were supporting my country.