This site is for adults 18+ due to gambling/betting content. If you have a problem with gambling issues, or need information, please visit:
Gambling Help Online Gamblers Anonymous Gambling Therapy Gamble Aware Jugadores Anonimos JugarBIEN BeGambleAware GamCare

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > ChitChat and Competitions > Contests/Competitions

Contests/Competitions Forum contests and other competitions run by BA or other websites. Join and win!!
PINNACLE - accept very large stakes! Low juice!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 06-07-18, 21:14   #1
WKSkofu

WKSkofu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ** WC POD 7/07/2018 **

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Miguel View Post
!!!
Good Luck!
WKSkofu is offline   Reply With Quote

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 06-07-18, 21:15   #2
WKSkofu

Here are main rules, you will find others here:

http://forum.bettingadvice.com/showthread.php?t=110009

Price booty will be a bit higher than for regular POD, 1st place will be awarded with 150 EUR, second place with 100 EUR and third place will bring 50 EUR!

Here are the rules:

The Competition

The competition has the purpose to gather the best bets of a certain day of WC 2018. It's for fun, but the competition can also be a good place for tipsters to find picks quicker than browsing all pages. You can place your Pick of the day and score points if it satisfies the conditions that are stated below. The competition lasts one month and in that period, a contestant must give exactly 8 picks. YOU CAN ENTER THE COMPETITION UNTIL IT IS POSSIBLE TO PICK EIGHT POD-s. It means, entering competition after only 7 days of the WC left, is not possible. Every missing pick till 8 at the end of the month will be punished with -100 points per missing pick.
You must be a registered user of this forum to participate. You must have a unique IP address, not more than one competitor can use the same address.
Odds must be between 1.50 and 3.50 and only odds taken from these 3 bookmakers are allowed:

Bet365
Pinnacle
SBOBet

You must write arguments for your pick or at least give a link to a prediction on BA main page, written by yourself.
About the conditions

You can only give one pick per day. Your pick must be different to all other placed picks, but you can back another team/player in the same game as someone else has taken. For your pick to count, it must be posted at least 1 hour before the event starts.

You cannot back the same team/player as someone else even if you take a different bet type (for example handicap bet, different game total etc.). But this rule applies only for quarterfinals/semifinals/finals of the WC!!! In the group phase of WC and in 1/8 finals you can take picks that were already taken by other users!!!

You can take these bet types (but only inside allowed odds from 1,50 to 3,50!):

-Asian handicap bets (final or HT)
-European handicap bets (final or HT)
-Over/Under bets (Game total) (final or HT)
-Home/Draw/Away bets (final or HT)
-Double Chance (1X,12,X2)
-Both teams to score (Yes/No)
-Half time/Full time
-Player to score (anytime scorer, first scorer)
-Number of corners (final or HT)
-Number of cards
-First team to score (Yes/No)
-Second team to score (Yes/No)
-number of goals scored team 1/team 2

You must write the correct bookie and correct odds in the time of your posting.

Scoring

A pick that was wrong will cost you 100 points. When you've made a correct pick, and it satisfied the conditions, you will gain 100 (Odds-1) points. For example, a successful pick @ 1.85 will give you 85 points. This is the net profit if you had staked 100 units. Asian Handicaps will be calculated accoringly to the net profit. It is not allowed to pick odds below 1,50 and above 3,50.
The contestant that scores the highest number of points with 8 picks, will win the monthly competition. In case he fails to give 8 picks, 100p-for every missing pick- will be deducted from his score.
To win Special WC POD you MUST make 8 bets ! Hopefully we will have time to update the standings everyday, but there may be some delays from time to time.

Good luck to all!!!!!
Old 06-07-18, 21:21   #3
WKSkofu

Pick 4 -300, England- Sweden
Draw, 3.3 Bet365, Pinnacle

I am predict a draw in this game.
Sweden have a great record with ENgland in last 20-30 years and lost only twice (once in a friendly game...) in this period of time.
England are not scoring many goals excluding game vs poor Panama (lost all 3 games and conceded in total 11 goals in 3 WC games).
Sweden have a superb defence and already made two huge suprises (advancing from group stage instead of Germany , WC Champions and winning 1:0 with the team from all over the world i.e. Switzerland).
Sweden will play with no pressure.
England will play more tired, they have extra 30 minutes in their legs.
2-0 pick lost

Last edited by Macot; 16-07-18 at 20:09.
Old 06-07-18, 21:57   #4
Sabelius

Sabelius is on a distinguished road

Pick #6 +200 (2w 3l)
England - Sweden
Pick: England -1.0 AH
Odds: 2.97 @ Pinnacle

Why memories from Euro 2012 are so important here - because after Belgium and France victories there is sure that we will have only teams from Europe in semifinals. In last official match, which wasn't a friendly game England beat Sweden 3:2 after rollercoaster. This time I expect England another victory but possibly in more natural circumstances. To be honest this England team performed very well so far. Southgate seems to be right person in the right place. He consolidate this bunch of talented players and created from them a team. I don't pay too much attention to their loss to Belgium and conceded late goal against Columbia. This team surely will take a lesson from those matches and now will be fully motivated and ready to make a task and beat Sweden. Scandinavian tem doesn't have so many individualities as England. They lack such efficient forward as Kane and depth of squad too. In sum I think England will have no problems and will easily beat Sweden possibly with more than one goal margin. My call is 2:0 but of course one goal advantage wil also give The Three Lions promotion to semifnals so only -1.0 asian handicap looks like a decent option as it gives money back if England will win only with one goal margin.
2-0 pick won

Sabelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-18, 22:27   #5
DZovan

DZovan is on a distinguished road

_6
+827

Russia - Croatia
Pick: Croatia (0) ah
Odds: 1.54
Pinnacle

For me this is the best bet of the day, Croatia has better generation than Russia and deserve to go further. The hosts were a bit lucky to reach the quarters at this WC. Croatians played impressive football against Argentina and also beat Nigeria and Iceland, drawing surprisingly 1-1 with Denmark in first knock out match. I like very much the midfield of this national team with plenty of creativity and tactical knowledge from Rakitic, Modric, Kovacic, Brozovic, Perisic and of course powerful striker Mario Mandzukic. Russia was very weak in preparation games before this tournament, they looked awful against Uruguay in last groupstage match, lost 0-3. If there would not be major referee mistakes to push home side forward, then Croatia will provide more quality football and will advance into semifinals again, after 20 years. The visitors won last match 3-1 on Russian home soil, in November 2015, in a friendly match.
1-1 pick void

DZovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-18, 08:01   #6
hovi

hovi is an unknown quantity at this point

Pick #6 Won 3 Lost 2 +280
Soccer - World Cup Russia
Game - Russia vs. Croatia
Pick: Over 2.5 goals
Odds: 2.82
Bookie: Pinnacle

Russia can consider themselves lucky that they defeated Spain in the previous round after penalties as the final score in normal time was 1-1, Spain opened the scoring through an own goal of the Russians who were very lucky to receive a cheap penalty kick right before half-time to level the game and defended till penalties. Croatia does not have the same possession type of play like Spain, when they do have the ball they hurry up to get it up-front and score goals, they defeated Nigeria 2-0, Argentina 3-0, Iceland 2-1 with reserves that last game, and were unlucky not to win earlier against Denmark as they missed a penalty kick in extra-time through Modric and needed penalties to get through, but Denmark is a better team than Russia is, and I see it likely we should see 2 or more goals from Croatia today as their total tally of goals this World Cup is of 8 goals scored, this while Russia once they concede more goals can come, they should not be as defensive minded as they were against Spain, something more similar to what they played against Uruguay and they ended up losing that game 3-0 in the end playing more than a half in just 10 men but the score was already 2-0 for Uruguay by that moment. Russia has an olds defense, one thing they have been good though at this World Cup is taking their scoring chances when they do arrive and converting them into goals, so I like the odds for the over 2.5 goals scored here.
1-1 pick lost

Last edited by Macot; 16-07-18 at 20:10.
hovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-18, 10:51   #7
Wtrylika

Wtrylika is on a distinguished road

Pick #6
0-1-4, -400

Sweden - England
England (-1.25)
Odds 3.30 at Bet365

I think Sweden did much more than they could already in the World Cup. They had problems in the group stage against South Korea but won the match. They were mainly defending against Germany. Even in a win against Mexico they were lucky as Mexico had chances and had ball possession for 65%. Later in the tournament Sweden eliminated Switzerland but it was Switzerland that have mane 18 shots, had ball possession for 63% and probably didn't deserve to loose.
England needed penalties o eliminate Colombia. They have played solid in the group stage, won against Tunisia and Panama scoring 8 goals in these games. England with key players rested have only lost to Belgium.
Sweden will once again focus on defence but I don't think this time they will be able to stop England with players like Kane and Sterling up front. A convincing win for England is my prediction.
England already taken pick cancelled

Wtrylika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-18, 11:14   #8
vividaniel

vividaniel is on a distinguished road
Default pick 5

1-0-3 -86

Russia World Cup

Sweden vs England

pick Sweden AH0

ODD 3,28 Pinnacle

Nobody tipped Sweden to be here at this stage.They played good fotball until now but more important they won everytime when they neded to win.Only the game with Germany was a little diffeernt but it was expected for me and anyway thay played good too but some bad luck and some referee decisions made them to lose.England played decent too,but not like everybody say.They have until now pretty easy oponents,of course outside of Belgium,a game they anyway they lost.Columbia,was not so strong at expected but they managed to win only at the penatyes.I did not speak here about the players value but for me Sweden was one of the best teams in this tornement.I think they deseve a semi.
0-2 pick lost

vividaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-18, 11:18   #9
ali van basten
Freshman

ali van basten is on a distinguished road

Pick #7 (5 0 1)+405
Sweden - England
Pick: Draw first half
Odds:1.95 on bet365

Both teams were very cautious during the first half of the world cup.
Swidens play very close and close and play for the draw in the first half.
The England team has always played better than the first half in the second half during this cup and they're not pushing too much in the first half.
0-1 pick lost

Last edited by Macot; 16-07-18 at 20:11.
ali van basten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-18, 11:53   #10
Vossietheref

Vossietheref is an unknown quantity at this point

Pick # 7 (2-4)
Sweden vs england
Pick England to lead at HT
odds: 2,91 at Pinnacle

after my dead on prediction yesterday again a good one here(doesnt matter anyway anymore as i wont be finishing in top 3 but maybe you guys can win some money with my expertise and psychic abilities)
there have nothing to be sayd about england and sweden although sweden suprised me in this worldcup .....i agree on my dutch compatriot that this will be a low scoring game and i see a deja vuewith the game yesterday afternoon between france and uruguay....i think our dutch ref here will give a penalty in the first half for england which Kane will score(couldnt find any bets on the three bookies for kane to score) so ending first half in a 1-0 victory for good old england(footbal is going home)
it might stay 1-0 or even a 2-0 victory after the second half
good luck all
0-1 pick won

Vossietheref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-18, 13:12   #11
al-gor

al-gor is an unknown quantity at this point

Pick 7
+264
Sweden - England

1st Half Under 0.5 goals @ 2.37
bet365

Football, World Cup 2018 - the better pick for this clash is for tough and predictable as the last game on England in the elimination phase against Colombia 1st half. Nothing interesting usually the both teams served before the half time break but sure we can expcting more cautios battle here and the both teams will be more carefull to not conceded a first goal.

Good luck,
0-1 pick lost
AL

al-gor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-18, 13:23   #12
Pisac
Freshman

Pisac is on a distinguished road

Pick 5 (1-0-3) -75
Sweden vs England
Pick: 2 (2-2 HT/FT)
Odds:3.00
Bookie: bet365

Sweden is a very organized team. No doubt, I believed in them in the match against Switzerland. So, they now have a much more difficult task in every way. Anyway, they will try to pay attention to their defense. They have slower players than England. Therefore, they will try to wait for their chance. Also, they can not count on Lustig. Nevertheless, they have quite solid potential. However, they have little chances in this match. Otherwise, their coach Andersson can count on Berg, Toivonen and, of course, Forsberg, although Ekdal is excellent.
On the other hand, England has had great trouble against Colombia. IMO, they do not want to repeat a similar scenario. They will start from the first minutes to win, no doubt. They are also a very solid team. They are, or my favorite for the final match on the WC. So, Kane (6 goals), Rose, Sterling and why not, But they can make a positive result in the first Half.
All in all, this will be a very exciting game. In any case, I expect England to win the first half. They have the potential, quality, speed and will. That's enough for this match.
GL!
0-1/0-2 pick won

Last edited by Macot; 16-07-18 at 20:12.
Pisac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-18, 13:23   #13
Gvdw

Gvdw is on a distinguished road

Pick # 6 (1-1-3) -210
Russia - Croatia
Pick: Over 10 Corners
Odd: 2.87
Bet365

Even tough Russia were in the defence most of the time against Spain they still had 5 corners in the match thanks to the fast breaks. In total they now had had 20 corners in 4 matches.
Croatia had 5 or more corners in 3 of the 4 matches but are also conceding corners easily with Iceland even having 10 corners against them. Both Croatia and Russia try to surprise their opponents with fast counters, so i expect this match to produce plenty of corners.
6-8 pick won

Last edited by Macot; 16-07-18 at 20:12.
Gvdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-18, 17:59   #14
San Miguel
Freshman

San Miguel is an unknown quantity at this point

Pick 4.

1W/2L +25;

Russia vs Croatia

Pick: 2/2 (HT/FT)
Odds: 3.40
Bookie: Bet365

This will be the 4th Quarter Final game here in Russia and the winner will meet England's squad in the Semi Final.The host nation Russia,who sensationally knocked out Spain in the previous round,will face Croatia,who defeated Denmark in a dramatic way with penalties.I think Rusiia will seet deep in deffense today and would wait for the counter-attacks.They were super in defending versus Spain,but thier attack were almost nil in their last two matches.I feel the Croatian team will have the majority chances from the beginning and need two score early to control the game.There is no doubt that they need to play much,much better against the Hosts,while how they played in the second half versus Denmark.
Croatia midfield will need to show a lot of craft,and speed to break down the stabil Russians,and I feel they have the quality to do so in the first half already.It would'nt be a surpise for me also to see some goals in this encounter,but I givinng the edge for Croatia to win this game comfortably...

Good luck!!!
1-1 pick lost

Last edited by Macot; 16-07-18 at 20:13.
San Miguel is offline   Reply With Quote