This site is for adults 18+ due to gambling/betting content. If you have a problem with gambling issues, or need information, please visit:
Gambling Help Online Gamblers Anonymous Gambling Therapy Gamble Aware Jugadores Anonimos JugarBIEN BeGambleAware GamCare

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > Soccer >
Internationals/Friendlies

Internationals/Friendlies
Analysis and discussions (and predictions) for Internationals and friendly soccer games.

PINNACLE - accept very large stakes! Low juice!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 02-07-18, 22:07   #1
Wilson
Super Moderator

Wilson is on a distinguished road
Default 1/4 finals - 06.07. 16:00 Uruguay - France

4.52 3.19 1.98
Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 03-07-18, 10:43   #2
sirac

sirac is on a distinguished road

Well both teams arent offensive minded. There are some question marks over France defense. Uruguay exploited very well the Portugal weakneses, they really played on their weak spots, especially where Raphael flank, really bad mistake from Santos because Raphael was a big liability in group games. Now France has a same issue with Pavard, the guy really looked poor defensivelly, and im sure they will target him. Of course much will depend on Cavani physicall status, but it didnt looked serious to me.
France is better equipped than Portugal, they can cover the midfield better and they can actually hurt Uruguay. Still i dont think we will many goals in it, Uruguay will prolly defend deep, give up on possesion and France will try to break a bunker which is not their forte, i mean its a problem for everybody at NT level. They prolly saw what Mbappe did with his amazing speed so they wont press high, they will cover the spaces deep. So my first thought is draw at HT, because Uruguay can defend and France wont take any big risks. That ofc depending on how France will look on Pavard side and how deep Uruguay will settle in their half, if they will be that deep like in Portugal game they wont keep a clean sheet. And ofc prolly some midfielders from France on shots as they will have to shot from distance but that is for live as it will depend on how score goes. Cant see any value tough.
Old 03-07-18, 18:59   #3
radicke

radicke is on a distinguished road

I would try one bet which I belive could pass-Mbappe as top striker of WC.Gap between H.Kane and Mbappe is two goals and England have clash less but odd is 9 and it is funtastic I think.I know that Greizman kicking pentalties but I hope that this thing will be changed in coming clash...
radicke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-18, 18:04   #4
fab66

fab66 is on a distinguished road

Uruguay France is the most beautiful and difficult match
Not a good game but they are team, organized, they do not make their opponents play well and they have a lot of players who can score and they seem to be growing in status
Teams that have defense, midfield, court and strikers
Given the absence of Cavani, a slight favor for France
fab66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-18, 00:11   #5
footballeye

footballeye is on a distinguished road

Uruguay defended real well against Portugal but didn't create much on the other side of the pitch. Maybe a couple of good attacks, with both goals being the result of Cavani's absolute brilliance rather than the team effort in attack. They scored only once against each Egypt and Saudis and I don't think they have much chance of scoring here, especially with Cavani out. France along with Brasil is the most impressive squad at the tornament for me, and I think they should be able to score once or twice. France to win to nil, 1-0, or 2-0.
footballeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-18, 01:32   #6
Antoni753

Antoni753 is on a distinguished road

If Tabárez wants to stick with the same tactic he could replace Cavani with C.Stuani the man on fire for Girona this season.He scored 21 goals this season so he could shine on if given the opportunity who knows.Or he simply can switch to 4-3-2-1
Antoni753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-18, 06:39   #7
latortuga

latortuga is on a distinguished road

Would imagine this could end up a card fest with the tempers of both sides. Haven't checked odds yet but I'm sure they would reflect this likelihood.

Also think we might see a few goals here given both sides should be feeling pretty confident in front of goal after their last games. I seem to recall from past WC's that Taberez shifts to a more offensive style when Uruguay gets to the final stages of the tournament and there is some evidence to back that up with all of their appearances under his coaching (6 since WC 2010) having a minimum of 2 goals in them. At odds of 2 that looks a cracking bet even if Cavani is out.

Last edited by latortuga; 05-07-18 at 06:59. Reason: further info
latortuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-18, 09:25   #8
Cyrus

Cyrus is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by radicke View Post
I would try one bet which I belive could pass-Mbappe as top striker of WC.Gap between H.Kane and Mbappe is two goals and England have clash less but odd is 9 and it is funtastic I think.I know that Greizman kicking pentalties but I hope that this thing will be changed in coming clash...
But, if Lukaku machine starts to score goals and Belgium win over Brasil, he could easily become first scorer. I look forward to that match and although it will be hard, Belgium could prevail there.
Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-18, 11:53   #9
DANDORO

DANDORO is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by latortuga View Post
Would imagine this could end up a card fest with the tempers of both sides. Haven't checked odds yet but I'm sure they would reflect this likelihood.

Also think we might see a few goals here given both sides should be feeling pretty confident in front of goal after their last games.
France has a total of 6 cards received in 4 games, while Uruguay has just 1 card in 4 games until now. So, I don't see this game as a card fest. Under 4.5 cards at odds around 1.50 should be a safe bet in my opinion.
DANDORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-18, 12:25   #10
sirac

I wouldnt take past games that much into consideration. Indeed both are rather pasive in defending and both like controlling the game tactically without putting much pressing into it, at least not high line hence the low number of cards but especially the tempo was really low so far for both, one would presume the tempo might change here, but it doesnt necessarly means it will, it may very well be a slow tempo affair, with not much risking from either side. They did speed it up a bit in knock-out but with card bets ofc much depends on the scoreline, on the referee, tempo which can be affected by the heat. If France would somehow struggle to break the Uruguay deep line of defending ,which looks like one of the possible scenarios then it will be hard for cards to pop out. But if France scores in first half or Uruguay then the game would change dramatically. I would rather wait for in-play.
Old 05-07-18, 12:27   #11
LucaGarzeli
Freshman

LucaGarzeli is on a distinguished road

0-0
0-0
0-0
0-0
1-0

Last5 h2h in "recent" history. 4 of them as Tabárez DT.

France without spaces is a bad team, 0 creativity, no set pieces forced (3 per game). Mbappe & Dembele (eventually) aren't dangerous in positional attack. Uruguay without Cavani is a very low scoring team & Suarez is not in form. Vecino is focused in his defensive role, and Bentancur is not a box to box player yet.

Difficult to see a goal, here. Looks like very underish.
LucaGarzeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-18, 11:46   #12
latortuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANDORO View Post
France has a total of 6 cards received in 4 games, while Uruguay has just 1 card in 4 games until now. So, I don't see this game as a card fest. Under 4.5 cards at odds around 1.50 should be a safe bet in my opinion.
Yes that doesn't surprise me so much because both teams have been able to win their games and advance.

My thinking is more down to the personalities of both sides when things don't go their way and both countries can be quite cynical. Some of these young french players look a bit impetuous at times and are also very good at embellishing fouls - Fernandez a master. Giroud has also got away with some pretty hard tackles. Will look at ref but still like the bet and history is on my side with plenty of yellow cards when these countries meet, even in friendlies!

Last edited by latortuga; 06-07-18 at 11:50.
Old 06-07-18, 11:56   #13
sirac

If Cavani doesnt make it, France win is a no brainer for me. Thats just a huge blow for Uruguay. If he plays i will wait to see his physicall condition.
Old 06-07-18, 13:42   #14
latortuga

Anyway enough talk time to place bets...

France to win (CS 3-0)
Over 1.75 goals
Over 4 cards
Old 06-07-18, 14:59   #15
f1ght3r

f1ght3r is an unknown quantity at this point

Stuani had a good season in Spain though.. shouldnt be underestimated. True, not at Cavani's level but still.. Stuani also tough physically and a good finisher. However, Uruguay are team that adapts, they dont control games so its all about France here and if they can make something out of nothing because Uruguay will surely defend well. Kind of reminds me of Uruguay - Portugal where i also expected a tight and boring game but it was fairly interesting. Cant decide on a bet before i see the lineups but france over 5.5 corners doesnt look bad. I thought about cards and offsides again but with these referees.. such bets arent worth it. THe refs dont flag for offside unless the player actually touches the ball which is stupid. Cards.. the more you expect the more lenient the ref is. Corners and shots is something i've found value in in this tournament. In games where both teams are cautious there are often quite a few corners. Uruguay had a few against Portugal early on when they were countering and later stopped getting any because they didnt even bother trying to counter attack. France have tall players and decent dribblers, good shooters as well but Muslera has good reflexes. I could easily see this going into extra time but France should qualify

so france over 5.5 corners @ 2 pour moi

Last edited by f1ght3r; 06-07-18 at 15:11.
f1ght3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-18, 17:55   #16
latortuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by latortuga View Post
Anyway enough talk time to place bets...

France to win (CS 3-0)
Over 1.75 goals
Over 4 cards
Unlucky that there were only 4 cards, ref was generous. Evened our by Muslera error I suppose.