This site is for adults 18+ due to gambling/betting content. If you have a problem with gambling issues, or need information, please visit:
Gambling Help Online Gamblers Anonymous Gambling Therapy Gamble Aware Jugadores Anonimos JugarBIEN BeGambleAware GamCare

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > Soccer >
Internationals/Friendlies

Internationals/Friendlies
Analysis and discussions (and predictions) for Internationals and friendly soccer games.

PINNACLE - accept very large stakes! Low juice!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 28-06-18, 17:13   #1
Wilson
Super Moderator

Wilson is on a distinguished road
Default Round of 16 - 03.07. 16:00 Sweden - Switzerland

3.06 2.97 2.64
Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 29-06-18, 22:20   #2
bonuses7
Freshman

bonuses7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Switzerland confidence was shaken a bit with the draw against Cost Rica. I like Sweden in this one.
bonuses7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-18, 08:59   #3
Palini

Palini is on a distinguished road

Yes, a bit shaken. It's not the fact that the lost two points in the end in a a funny way, but more the fact how the game looked with Costa Rica creating a lot more and better chances than Switzerland. Add to that the fact that both Schär and Lichtsteiner are suspended. Should be a blow for their defensive line

Sweden will miss Sebastian Larsson for this game. I'm not a huge fan of Larsson, and I don't really understand why we play with a seemingly offensive player as defensive midfielder. Sure, he can tackle, but I don't see him as unreplaceabale. We will lose a bit on set pieces since Larsson is a good provider in that area, but other than that I actually think our defense will be stronger with say Gustav Svensson instead, and have Hiljemark as a slightly more offensive alternative in case of Switzerland taking the lead.

This might very well be the second 0-0 game in this World Cup. Both teams live on the strong collective defense. Swiss looks perhaps a bit better up front, but should be a real close, tight and low scoring affair. First goal will be crucial, imho.

Last edited by Palini; 30-06-18 at 09:03.
Palini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-18, 21:44   #4
Wilson
Super Moderator

Wilson is on a distinguished road

Odds raising up for Sweden? Why for? I think Switzerland should be worried as their main defenders Schär and Lichtsteiner are suspensed. The last time Djourou played in official match we have seen an own goal from him and from what i know Akanji never played together with Elvedi or Djourou. Schär has always been a key defender.
Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-18, 21:53   #5
WiserthantheCrowd

WiserthantheCrowd is on a distinguished road

I think Nico Elvedi should be able to substitute Lichtsteiner fairly well. Djorou clearly isn't of the same quality as Schär... Nonetheless I am not sure that the Swiss defense is fundamentally weakened. At the same time, Switzerland seem more potent offensively. I'd give Switzerland the edge but by a small margin.
WiserthantheCrowd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-18, 07:45   #6
latortuga

latortuga is on a distinguished road

This feels like a draw to me, maybe even a 2-2. I can see penalties as well.
latortuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-18, 08:46   #7
Mourinho1
Freshman

Mourinho1 is on a distinguished road

I don't know where to put this post, but I think betting on a lot of cards in the quarterfinals would be a good idea. As far as I know, cards are cleared after the quarterfinals, so players wouldn't be afraid to play rougher (as far as it's not a red card). The booking points as a potential criteria for progression in the group stage and the yellow cards being cleared only after the quarterfinals have been a contributing factor for the low number of cards so far.
Mourinho1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-18, 14:09   #8
Palini

Confirmed and expected swedish starting eleven. Only one change, Svensson instead of Larsson.

Robin Olsen – Mikael Lustig, Victor Nilsson Lindelöf, Andreas Granqvist, Ludwig Augustinsson – Viktor Claesson, Gustav Svensson, Albin Ekdal, Emil Forsberg – Ola Toivonen, Marcus Berg

Two bets on Sweden in the POD competition and both have no correct bets so far, so I guess Sweden are totally screwed today.

So this will probably be the mother of all fotball games, the creamiest cracker of all cream crackers. Two too red hot teams in superb überform go head to head in this epic battle.

Berg will shot on everything that moves, Toivonen will be like a light house in the penalty box, Claesson dribbling and going forward for 90+ minutes, Forsberg will sweep in crosses after crosses into the penalty box and hammer in a couple of long range shots, Ekdal will run into to the box in every attack and create havoc, heck even Granqvist will probably makes some swift moves all the way from the swedish penaltybox and penetrate deep into the Swiss trenches.

I expect a goal feast unlike anything you have ever seen before, most likely a hard fought 6-5 or 7-5 like in the good old days. Both teams with fantastic offensive will throw everything they got into the opponents penalty box. Toivonen to score a hattrick @100.00 is virtually free money! Just come and get it.
Old 03-07-18, 14:16   #9
f1ght3r

f1ght3r is an unknown quantity at this point

as usual once the knockout stage comes all my predictions are off target.. i guess pressure is something i am not attributing enough importance to. however here i dont think there's any reason to feel any pressure as both teams are equal whose goal was to get out of the group but now they can hope for more considering a lot of the big teams are already out, though the winner of this tie will have to face one of the remaining favourites.

i think both teams should be able to play to their strengths and as previously mentioned its defense and organized play.. but both will try to score i believe but not at all costs which leads me to think corners are a good bet here. 1 on 2 out wide or long balls , some headed attempts or blocked shots can result in a corner as well. the line is 9.5 and sweden's games went over that line in all 3 group games i believe? in 2 im sure they did.

i played cards in some bet builder bets but the refs are very cautious.. so i'd rather not play anything referee dependent these days. i the shots on goal/overall are quite low, i guess bet365 expect many shots but no goals.
f1ght3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-18, 14:31   #10
branskie
Freshman

branskie is an unknown quantity at this point

wow Palini what an unreal post

I am little confused, first you said we are for a 0:0 dull game and now you are saying goals...
branskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-18, 19:58   #11
Palini

Quote:
Originally Posted by branskie View Post
wow Palini what an unreal post

I am little confused, first you said we are for a 0:0 dull game and now you are saying goals...
Don't worry. My mother in law hijacked my account. I've changed the password so all should be good now. The dull 0-0 game still stands
Old 03-07-18, 22:49   #12
Miccho

Miccho is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palini View Post
Confirmed and expected swedish starting eleven. Only one change, Svensson instead of Larsson.

Robin Olsen – Mikael Lustig, Victor Nilsson Lindelöf, Andreas Granqvist, Ludwig Augustinsson – Viktor Claesson, Gustav Svensson, Albin Ekdal, Emil Forsberg – Ola Toivonen, Marcus Berg

Two bets on Sweden in the POD competition and both have no correct bets so far, so I guess Sweden are totally screwed today.

So this will probably be the mother of all fotball games, the creamiest cracker of all cream crackers. Two too red hot teams in superb überform go head to head in this epic battle.

Berg will shot on everything that moves, Toivonen will be like a light house in the penalty box, Claesson dribbling and going forward for 90+ minutes, Forsberg will sweep in crosses after crosses into the penalty box and hammer in a couple of long range shots, Ekdal will run into to the box in every attack and create havoc, heck even Granqvist will probably makes some swift moves all the way from the swedish penaltybox and penetrate deep into the Swiss trenches.

I expect a goal feast unlike anything you have ever seen before, most likely a hard fought 6-5 or 7-5 like in the good old days. Both teams with fantastic offensive will throw everything they got into the opponents penalty box. Toivonen to score a hattrick @100.00 is virtually free money! Just come and get it.

Lol, Abdulhazred from Betrush.com, is this you?
Miccho is offline   Reply With Quote