This site is for adults 18+ due to gambling/betting content. If you have a problem with gambling issues, or need information, please visit:
Gambling Help Online Gamblers Anonymous Gambling Therapy Gamble Aware Jugadores Anonimos JugarBIEN BeGambleAware GamCare

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > ChitChat and Competitions > Contests/Competitions

Contests/Competitions Forum contests and other competitions run by BA or other websites. Join and win!!
PINNACLE - accept very large stakes! Low juice!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 01-07-18, 22:42   #1
Macot
Super Moderator

Macot is on a distinguished road
Default **WC POD 02/07/2018**

Here are main rules, you will find others here:

http://forum.bettingadvice.com/showthread.php?t=110009

Price booty will be a bit higher than for regular POD, 1st place will be awarded with 150 EUR, second place with 100 EUR and third place will bring 50 EUR!

Here are the rules:

The Competition

The competition has the purpose to gather the best bets of a certain day of WC 2018. It's for fun, but the competition can also be a good place for tipsters to find picks quicker than browsing all pages. You can place your Pick of the day and score points if it satisfies the conditions that are stated below. The competition lasts one month and in that period, a contestant must give exactly 8 picks. YOU CAN ENTER THE COMPETITION UNTIL IT IS POSSIBLE TO PICK EIGHT POD-s. It means, entering competition after only 7 days of the WC left, is not possible. Every missing pick till 8 at the end of the month will be punished with -100 points per missing pick.
You must be a registered user of this forum to participate. You must have a unique IP address, not more than one competitor can use the same address.
Odds must be between 1.50 and 3.50 and only odds taken from these 3 bookmakers are allowed:

Bet365
Pinnacle
SBOBet

You must write arguments for your pick or at least give a link to a prediction on BA main page, written by yourself.
About the conditions

You can only give one pick per day. Your pick must be different to all other placed picks, but you can back another team/player in the same game as someone else has taken. For your pick to count, it must be posted at least 1 hour before the event starts.

You cannot back the same team/player as someone else even if you take a different bet type (for example handicap bet, different game total etc.). But this rule applies only for quarterfinals/semifinals/finals of the WC!!! In the group phase of WC and in 1/8 finals you can take picks that were already taken by other users!!!

You can take these bet types (but only inside allowed odds from 1,50 to 3,50!):

-Asian handicap bets (final or HT)
-European handicap bets (final or HT)
-Over/Under bets (Game total) (final or HT)
-Home/Draw/Away bets (final or HT)
-Double Chance (1X,12,X2)
-Both teams to score (Yes/No)
-Half time/Full time
-Player to score (anytime scorer, first scorer)
-Number of corners (final or HT)
-Number of cards
-First team to score (Yes/No)
-Second team to score (Yes/No)
-number of goals scored team 1/team 2

You must write the correct bookie and correct odds in the time of your posting.

Scoring

A pick that was wrong will cost you 100 points. When you've made a correct pick, and it satisfied the conditions, you will gain 100 (Odds-1) points. For example, a successful pick @ 1.85 will give you 85 points. This is the net profit if you had staked 100 units. Asian Handicaps will be calculated accoringly to the net profit. It is not allowed to pick odds below 1,50 and above 3,50.
The contestant that scores the highest number of points with 8 picks, will win the monthly competition. In case he fails to give 8 picks, 100p-for every missing pick- will be deducted from his score.
To win Special WC POD you MUST make 8 bets ! Hopefully we will have time to update the standings everyday, but there may be some delays from time to time.

Good luck to all!!!!!

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 01-07-18, 22:46   #2
Macot
Super Moderator

Macot is on a distinguished road

POD #7
So far 3/0/3
+130

16:00 Brasil v Mexico, take Over 3,5 goals @3,25 Bet 365

I really enjoyed Sirac alpha male theory in the other thread and I agree about the winner here. Fully, 100%. But I am of different opinion regarding goals. Now, this is for the first time in this WC that Brasil plays against a team with similar mentality, but of lesser quality. And in 99 of 100 cases, Brasil wins such games really easily. Same style, but quality superiority decides at the end.
Perhaps their manager is defensively oriented, but players will enjoy this match. I mean, Sweden scored 3 goals against this Mexico...
On the other side, Mexico will have their chances and should score, too. But at the end I expect Brasil to show why they are considered as candidates for the title #1... Neymar to score 3 and Brasil to win 4-1 are my calls!!

2-0 pick lost

Last edited by Macot; 16-07-18 at 19:43.
Macot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-18, 23:23   #3
sirac

sirac is on a distinguished road

Pick # 5 ( 1-0-3...-60)
WC- Last 16
Brazil-Mexico

Pick: over 3.5
Odds: 3.30
Bookie: Bet365

Well i saw Macot opening this thread and immediatelly thought that he's gonna take this over as well. Its kind of revenge bet for me after i had similar bet in Brazil-Serbia and it was kind of unlucky that we saw only 2 goals in that game, serbs had definitelly some good moments and could have scored. This looks like a similar match-up for Brazil as Mexico is also not an organized side , suffering at the back but with plenty of talent up-front. They arent that physicall but are more technique gifted. Still for me they are one soft team and only thing preventing a big win here is a Tite mentality to kill the game tactically as for Brazil will score way before 60 min mark, prolly in first half. Mexicans can easily concede 3 here, they are crap at the back and for me they have slim chances of going through, yes im still in shock after what russians did, so i guess everything is possible at this WC, but i doubt Mexic will play that negative as russians its just not their style and plus Brazil conpared with Spain looked like a total different class. Yes they are yet to score 3 and this is a knock out stage game which makes safity a priority but mexicans should take risks after going down so i can definitelly see an open game after.
2-0 pick lost

Last edited by Macot; 16-07-18 at 19:43.
sirac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-18, 23:52   #4
WiserthantheCrowd

WiserthantheCrowd is on a distinguished road

Pick#7
3-0-3 +26
Belgium vs. Japan
Pick Belgium (AH-1.5) at 2.15 with Bet365

All of the games have been tight so far. 2 went to penalties and the other 2 finished with a 1 goal margin... Nonetheless, I think we may see a clear victory here by Belgium in regular time. At present I think there is big gap between these 2 teams. Japan are a team in transition that are struggling under Nishino and only made it to the R16 thanks to a Colombia gifting them a penalty and a send-off in the 3rd minute. Belgium seem to be gelling and have more quality in all departments. I am expecting Japan to approach this game very defensively but Belgium have the pace and physicality to break them down. Once that happens, Japan may open up in search of an equalizer and Belgium can hit them on the counter. Belgium are one of the revelations of this tournament and they're not a team that will sit back to defend the lead. Because of that and the difference in quality and depth, I think they can cover the HC.
3-2 pick lost

Last edited by Macot; 16-07-18 at 19:44.
WiserthantheCrowd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-18, 03:25   #5
hovi

hovi is an unknown quantity at this point

Pick #5 Won 2 Lost 2 +187
Soccer - World Cup Russia
Game - Brazil vs. Mexico
Pick: Brazil(-1.75)AH
Odds: 2.85

Odds are great here in this game for taking a bet on Brazil to win this fixture by a couple of goals difference, I really hope they score 3 goals or more here as Mexico has small players in terms of height and Brazil is excellent at sending good crosses and has tall players. This was obvious problem for Mexico against Sweden losing 3-0 that game despite the score being nil to nil at half-time, they were beaten in terms of strength by the Scandinavians and also scored an own goal, the 3rd goal, allowed a penalty kick as well.
Right now Mexico has 4 goals conceded in a row without scoring and suddenly their keeper Ochoa does not seem that confident as he was in the game against Germany won by them 1-0. Brazil on the other hand is on the uprise after winning late in the game 2-0 against Costa Rica, they played really well against Serbia and secured an easy 2-0 win, could have been by more goals but the Serbs decided not to lose by a bigger scoring margin and opted to defend being 2 goals down.
I really believe that Brazil can win this game by 3 goals difference, their defense is good, counter-attacks are lethal and they are also good from set pieces.
2-0 pick 1/2 won

Last edited by Macot; 16-07-18 at 19:44.
hovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-18, 06:57   #6
Sabelius

Sabelius is on a distinguished road

Pick #3 [1W 1L +150]
Belgium - Japan
Pick: Belgium -1.5 AH
Odds: 2.20 @ SBObet

This bet shouldn't be surprise. Belgium won in great style their group including h2h match against England. Red Devils have very talented genaration of players and on almost every position on the pitch they have two quality players. Versus England they were able to win despite playing many reserve players. That's why against Japan they will have most important players fresh and well rested. Japanese on the other side after great start in tournament and beating Columbia with every single match they were slowing down. Versus Poland they played the weakest match while last 15 minutes were a real joke as Nippon didn't want to risk a booking. Today I think class difference will be very visible. Belgium is kind a team that many times in the past proved that there is no matter for them is it semifinal or group phase. Always they want to play nice to watch football and scoring many goals. That's why I expect Belgium victory with more than one goal margin.
3-2 pick lost

Last edited by Macot; 16-07-18 at 19:45.
Sabelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-18, 07:34   #7
hashishmaster

hashishmaster is on a distinguished road

Pick #7 (4W-0V-2L) (+226)

Event: World Cup 2018 Russia
Match: Belgium - Japan
Pick: Belgium (-1,5) AH
Odds: 2.21
Bookmaker: Sbobet

Copied my post from the thread:
This one is a no-brainer imho. Belgium -1,5 can only be under ? if Japan takes the early lead somehow. In all other scenarios this should be like vs Panama or Tunisia. For Japan didn't work out putting 5 at back vs Poland when defending. Belgium has great potential, very fluid game play, leads the tournament in goals scored, goal difference and goals from open play. They are fresh, fielding a B team vs England while Japan didn't manage to take a draw at least in a match that meant so much to them with 1st team. Don't think that Belgium will mug around after 1-0 defending it, it's not their style. Also i think that Japan lost last 5 against European teams, correct me if i'm wrong. Adding to that physical dominance from Lukaku in the air or duel, this is one way street for me.
3-2 pick lost

hashishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-18, 10:28   #8
ali van basten
Freshman

ali van basten is on a distinguished road

Pick #6 (4 0 1)+321
Belgium - Japan
Pickver 2.5
Odds:1.84 on pinnacle

In this world cup two teams play fast and assaultly.
Japan's defense is somewhat problematic, as well as the Belgian firing attack.
While the past games of the two teams were more goals.
I think this is a beautiful game full of goals for both teams.
3-2 pick won

ali van basten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-18, 10:31   #9
ali van basten
Freshman

ali van basten is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali van basten View Post
Pick #6 (4 0 1)+321
Belgium - Japan
Pickver 2.5
Odds:1.84 on pinnacle

In this world cup two teams play fast and assaultly.
Japan's defense is somewhat problematic, as well as the Belgian firing attack.
While the past games of the two teams were more goals.
I think this is a beautiful game full of goals for both teams.
Sorry for mistake,pick is Over 2.5
ali van basten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-18, 13:15   #10
Jiveboy

Jiveboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Pick 7

2-0-4 + 27

Belgium - Japan

Pick: -1.00 AH at HT
Odds: 3.45 @ bet365

From their performance so far, Belgium seems like on of the most capable and serious favourites for the World Cup trophy. They have very powerful attacking line and great team spirit. They are not making calculations and despite the chance to get in the "easier" stream, they defended the fairplay and won against England in the last group match. In the game against Tunisia they scored five goals for 5-2 win and today against Japan in this very important game for them i do not have doubts that they will decide this game early and will have a serious lead on HT. Japan has the spirit and never gives up but they got a bit lucky into the 1/8 and their performance was not impressive at all, against Belgium they will lose with a difference. Over on HT and the match and win on Asian handicap for Belgium both in the first and in general.
0-0 pick lost

Jiveboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-18, 13:53   #11
Catalonec4ever

Catalonec4ever is on a distinguished road
Default Pick #4

Standing: 0/0/3 (-300)

Football, World Cup
20:00 Belgium - Japan
Pick: Belgium/Belgium (Half time/full time) @2.04 - Bet365

Belgium appears here as sliced favourite, after reaching 3 wins at the group stage vs Panama, Tunisia and England, presenting one of the best team performances and comfirmed the status of being one of the major top leveled squads, fighting for the World Cup trophy. Roberto Martinez has made big changes on last game vs England, resting the most of the squad, getting well prepared for the knock-out stage, starting from today vs Japan.

Japan had the luck to be the first team to pass the group stage thanksfull to fair play rules. The Asians didn***8217;t expess with some top leveled football, being able to win vs Colombia having player more on that match, drawing vs Senegal and losing on last round vs struggling Poland. The stats shows that Japan***8217;s are only good hard workers, placed defensively, using their mood to be more compact and avoiding to concede eventual fast goals. Overall, I see very small chances to get the game today.

From each football point of view, starting with tacticals, physical, mentaly and more, Roberto Martinez***8217;s squad has the match-up to pass the game tonight. Also, having Spain out of the competition, only high quality team remain at their half remains Croatia, the Belgium***8217;s have the open road to the final, only depending from their performances and level of playing.

Expect the freshed side to present the value of the squad, the quality of team and individual abilities, covering the match with full time win into comfortable way.

Good luck!
0/1 Pick lost!

Last edited by Macot; 16-07-18 at 19:46.
Catalonec4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-18, 14:00   #12
luzernhero

luzernhero is on a distinguished road

Pick no. 8
3 1 3 +273
Brazil - Mexico
Pick: Over 1.5, 2.0 @HT
Odds: 3.45 - bet365

Very attractive game on paper between Mexico and Brazil. Neymar, Willian, Jesus, Coutinho, Paulinho and others against Hirving Lozano, Chicarito, Herrera and more. Strong counter attacking style is what helped Mexico in beating Germany. If they had better strikers and more clinical finshers, Mexico could've won with 3 or 4 goals, they wasted so many chances in counter attacks against Germany, and those were clear cut chances, not half chances. Brazil still haven't showed their real power in attack and against Switzerland they were opening up so jitters were there, against Costa Rica they had to face extreme bunkerish team and super goalkeeper in Navas, against Serbia strong and tall players from Balkan. But Mexico are neither of those 3 and goals will come here when these two teams meet today.
0-0 pick lost

luzernhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-18, 14:00   #13
San Miguel
Freshman

San Miguel is an unknown quantity at this point

Pick 1.

Brazil vs Mexico

Pick: Both to score
Odds: 1.95

This game has the potential to be just as entertaining,as the France game were.that kicked off the round.Brazil winning Group F ahead of Switzerland,they drew their opener against the Swiss (1-1) and beat Costa Rica and Serbia to qualify!Phillipe Couthinho was the best player in the group stage so far,although all eyes are on Neymar now,as a lot more is expected from him in this clash.Mexico is much stronger side than any of their last opponents they faced in the group phase.They were the surprise package of their group and they are capable of testing Brazil's deffence here.I do feel that Mexico"s clever attackers Hernandez ,Lozano or Vela had all the weapons they need to score today!They were quite impressive in their group matches,despite their 3-0 loss versus Sweden,they were punnished for all their chances they didn't scored.
All in all,Mexico"s counter-attacks will likely cause a lot of troubles to the brazilian deffence today and will score a goal at least,while the powerful brazilian attack also will add some goals:1-1,2-1 are my scores !!!
2-0 pick lost

San Miguel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-18, 14:31   #14
Wtrylika

Wtrylika is on a distinguished road

Pick #4
0-0-3, -300

Belgium - Japan
Belgium (-2)
Odds 3.10 at Bet365

Belgium have played a really solid football so far in the World Cup and they were impressive in all three games in the group stage. They have won against Panama scoring three goals. Later they have recorded a 5-2 win against Tunisia. Even with most of their key players rested Belgium managed to win the last match against England and took the first place in the group.
Meanwhile Japan were lucky to reach the next stage with four points only. They have lost to Poland, drew with Senegal and only won against Colombia. Important to mention that in the match against Colombia they had one man advantage from the third minute. Despite that fact Colombia have created some god chances and even managed to score.
I believe Japan have already achieved more than they could or were expected. Belgium have an impressive squad with experienced players like Lukaku, Hazard, Mertens, De Bruyne and I expect them to dominate in the upcoming game.
3-2 pick lost

Wtrylika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-18, 17:25   #15
Anunnaki

Anunnaki is on a distinguished road

pick 5
1-1-2 -43

Belgium vs. Japan

Pick: OVER 3.75
Odds: 3.45

This total over bet is under asian lines in bet365, it's called over 3.5, 4.0 which is over 3.75 translated, half stake goes to 3.5 over which is 4 goals and if that happens you win half of your bet and the other half goes to 4.0 over which is won if it game sees 5 goals. So it's just a normal 3.75, 4 goals are half win and 5 goals are full win for odds of 3.45. I took a screenshot if needed.

Anyway, let's move on with this pick of mine.

Belgium will face Brazil, good news for Belgium are that Casemiro is out and he is one of the main enforcers for Brazil. He's not injured or anything but he got booked moments ago against Mexico. Toughest challenge for Belgium will be against Brazil. Am I looking past Japan? Absolutely. Belgium should surely win and dominate the Japanese. I give them utmost respect for going this far but it was just a farce by FIFA "fairplay" rules.

Japan have literally no chance against this kind of stacked team that is Belgium. So with defending and trying to keep a clean sheet they don't have any chances. Lukaku is bigger, stronger and faster than all of Japanese defenders combined.

I think this will have 4 or 5 goals because Japan must score, this is their only chacne. If they score 1 or 2 goals Belgium will be schocked and then who knows. Very top high Belgium against Japan that must score or they are out...equals goals imho, a lot of them.

My call is 4-2 win for Belgium!
3-2 pick won

Last edited by Macot; 16-07-18 at 19:48.
Anunnaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-18, 17:46   #16
Davorsuker
Freshman

Davorsuker is on a distinguished road

Pick 2 (0W 1D 0L)

Belgium vs Japan
Pick: Japan +1AH
Odds: 2.42 at SBOBET

Ok, game will be played at the Rostov Arena, between Belgium vs Japan. The Red Devils are rated as big favorites to compete with Brazil, France,... for the title. They head into this game on the back of three straight wins in group G, finished ahead of England.

Japan, on the other hands, did a good job in group H, in which they beat Colombia, drew Senegal and lost narrowly to Poland. The Blue Samurai's form right now looks much much better than their form in the friendly matches prior to this World Cup. Confidence is back, this team is capable of upsetting bigger sides.

I just checked their squad and notice that both sides have no missings or injury concerns. Japan met Belgium two times in recent years, one in 2013 and one in 2017. They won once (3-2) and lost once (0-1). Therefore, chance is 50/50 here in my eyes.
3-2 Pick void!

Davorsuker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-18, 17:48   #17
CursedLuck

CursedLuck is on a distinguished road

Pick 5, -75
Belgium - Japan
Pick - 1st Half Belgium -1 AH
Odd - 3.30 bet365

Lads from Belgian national team are very dear to me for obvious reasons. When I watch these lads play, it feels like I'm watching Premier League. Lukaku, Kevin, Hazard, Fellaini, Courtois, Kompany, Vermalen and others. They are even managed by Roberto Martinez, ex Everton coah. I think there's an insane amount of responsibility over Martinez but he knows it. Belgium didn't try their best in any of the games yet. Against Panama they cruised until the 2nd half and they played with second squad lads against England. Japan are average but lucky to be here, Belgium will rush them hard and take the lead before HT, gl lads.
0-0 pick lost!

CursedLuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-18, 17:52   #18
DZovan

DZovan is on a distinguished road

_3
+439

Belgium - Japan
Pick: Under 0.5 goals at Half-time
Odds: 3.25
Bet365

The trend is to bet on huge win for Belgium, but I choose to go against the most of punters. Roberto Martinez boys won 1-0 against England and secured 1st place in their group, with an easier first knock-out match against Japan but harder route for the later phases of the tournament. The europeans rotate the players in that last group match and lost some team chemistry, we saw many times this kind of teams that play worst after resting key players and lost competitive rhytm. Japan plays not great football, we must admit it, but they are light hearted, well organised. If the Asians will run and close spaces, they will go with a draw after 45 minutes. The start of the match should have a slow tempo, it is an eliminatory tie and we saw cautious approaches in the previous matches from this World Cup, even Brazil was held 0-0 at HT with Mexico. Star creative midfielder Hazard stressed that it will be difficult clash. Japan lost 1 single match from 5 against Belgium. I believe the favorites will go through but it would not be an easy job.
0-0 pick won

Last edited by Macot; 16-07-18 at 19:50.
DZovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-18, 17:57   #19
Daneck

Daneck is an unknown quantity at this point

Pick #4

2-0-1 +148

Belgium-Japan

Pick: over 3 goals @ 2.35 (SBO)

Belgium have potential to turn this game into a high scoring affair. Offensively they are one of the best side in this tournment.They create a lot of scoring chances and know how to covert them, especially against lesser teams.

Japan belong to this category. Japan play lively, with much running, sacrafice and ambitious attitude, but they are nowhere near Belgium in almost every aspect of the game. Nevertheless I would not exclude they score as Belgium make defensive lapses at times.

Belgium don't change their way of playing no matter who they play. Lukaku and Co. should impose their power from the very begining. If the first goal comes in the 1st half, it's likely the second one will be open and rich of goals.
3-2 pick won

Last edited by Macot; 16-07-18 at 19:51.
Daneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-18, 17:58   #20
Overeem

Overeem is on a distinguished road

Pick 6
1-1-3 // -50

Belgium vs Japan
Pick: Kevin De Bruyne (anytime scorer)
Odds: 3.10 (bet365)

Kevin de Bruyne should score finally. He's been having average performances so far and it was against the likes of Tunisia and Panama. He did not play versus England doe. Kevin should shine today, Belgium are in knockout stages now and he should be one of key players. Kevin loves to shoot from distance, assist and send long balls through. He could possibly take some freekicks as well depending where the set piece will be. Japan will focus on blocking Lukaku and Hazard so Kevin should be more free and therefore score anytime.
pick lost

Last edited by Macot; 16-07-18 at 19:51.
Overeem is offline   Reply With Quote