This site is for adults 18+ due to gambling/betting content. If you have a problem with gambling issues, or need information, please visit:
Gambling Help Online Gamblers Anonymous Gambling Therapy Gamble Aware Jugadores Anonimos JugarBIEN BeGambleAware GamCare

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > Soccer >
Internationals/Friendlies

Internationals/Friendlies
Analysis and discussions (and predictions) for Internationals and friendly soccer games.

PINNACLE - accept very large stakes! Low juice!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 26-06-18, 22:28   #1
Wilson
Super Moderator

Wilson is on a distinguished road
Default Group G - Third Round 28.06. 20:00 England - Belgium

2.63 3.10 2.92
Wilson is online now   Reply With Quote

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 27-06-18, 23:03   #2
Miccho

Miccho is on a distinguished road

What an intersting situation here. The only thing which separates England and Belgium is just... one yellow card more for the Belgians (hence, England are leading).

The second team in this group will have potentially the most convenient opponent at 1/4 finals- winner of Sweden/Switzerland. It is interesting what will happen in the neighboring group. If Colombia finishes 2nd, then it means that the so called "loser"of this duel will meet one of weakest teams at 1/8 finals (Japan/Senegal) and simultaneously one of the weakest at 1/4 finals.

If this happens, I can see neither team here trying to score a goal. And maybe some deliberate yellow cards made in order for the team to go down to second place and secure a better route. Something like those yellow cards which once Real Madrid players took under Mourinho in CL, when they were trying to clean their yellow card record, so that they don't miss the important matches.
Miccho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-18, 23:20   #3
Karl-Heinz

Karl-Heinz is an unknown quantity at this point

True, but not likely. Poland not to lose and Colombia to win is more probable.
And Cafeteros is able to kick out both.
So surely no bets on Eng - Bel before 1st games are over
Karl-Heinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-18, 23:34   #4
sirac

sirac is on a distinguished road

That is indeed a situation but i doubt England will go for it. Thats just not their mentality, and it would be wrong from so many angles, especially for a young team like this, but ofc it will depend on who's gonna finish first in the other group, because no doubt if its Columbia, then both should try to avoid it. Plus there is gonna be loads of changes from both sides, you'd expect some of them trying to impress and bring energy but it will depend on their plans indeed.
Old 27-06-18, 23:39   #5
RafaRoger

RafaRoger is on a distinguished road

Southgate has talked about being diciplined, it's very important to avoid yellow cards. It's unlikely that these teams would resort to drawing deliberate cards also as FIFA will be handing out suspensions for the players caught doing so. I see some value in under 2,5 cards @ 2.5 Unibet.
RafaRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-18, 10:16   #6
MarianoV6

MarianoV6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miccho View Post
What an intersting situation here. The only thing which separates England and Belgium is just... one yellow card more for the Belgians (hence, England are leading).

The second team in this group will have potentially the most convenient opponent at 1/4 finals- winner of Sweden/Switzerland. It is interesting what will happen in the neighboring group. If Colombia finishes 2nd, then it means that the so called "loser"of this duel will meet one of weakest teams at 1/8 finals (Japan/Senegal) and simultaneously one of the weakest at 1/4 finals.

If this happens, I can see neither team here trying to score a goal. And maybe some deliberate yellow cards made in order for the team to go down to second place and secure a better route. Something like those yellow cards which once Real Madrid players took under Mourinho in CL, when they were trying to clean their yellow card record, so that they don't miss the important matches.
It is not just the route to 1/4 but also to the final. Any of England/Belgium finish second, they will face either Croatia(vs Denmark at L16) or Spain (vs Russia at L16) at the quarter final and both of them suits their style. Whoever finish first tho, will have to deal with Brazil or Mexico at 1/8 and then one of Uruguay, Portugal, France or Argentina at 1/4. At first look, it seems that second place (first route) is much better.

But first we have to see who will finish first/second at the last group. Because my opinion is that Belgium will have no trouble against Senegal (which in my opinion will finish first), while England on the other hand will have some trouble, it wont be that easy. It's the gaming style of each team. At the bottom of all, i don't believe that England will "arrange" a result and they will just go in for the win tonight. And i believe they can take it. Belgium is without Lukaku and Batshuayi needs 15 attempt to score one goal.
MarianoV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-18, 10:34   #7
radicke

radicke is on a distinguished road

exactly as you wrote-They will fighting for secound place in the group and Martinez said that he will rest Hazard and Lukaku...Obvious he want to skip Brasil...
radicke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-18, 11:12   #8
nicls
Freshman

nicls is on a distinguished road

Huge turnover also on England side with Jones, Cahill, Delph, Dier, Rose, Rashford etc...

Won't be surprise if Belgium win, or 0-0 draw or whateverr... everything is possible
nicls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-18, 12:35   #9
Antoni753

Antoni753 is on a distinguished road

It appears to be another enigma for us the bettors
Antoni753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-18, 12:48   #10
Palekastro
Freshman

Palekastro is on a distinguished road

Both teams playing with "reserves" Motivation not high to get the points. Both managers seem to be resting the golden boot candidates. It feels like we might end up with a France-Denmark type of game. Low scoring tactical slow passing style..

under 2.5
under 9.5 shots on goal
shots attempted under 25.5
cs. 0-0/1-1
these are all very likely in my oppinion
Palekastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-18, 17:56   #11
MarianoV6

MarianoV6 is an unknown quantity at this point

with first place now they avoid Colombia and are getting Japan. Interesting to see line ups now
MarianoV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-18, 18:27   #12
LB990

LB990 is on a distinguished road

I’m more thinking about suprise today and over 2,5. Both teams have great attacks and solid defence so if we’ll see early goal that match could end with 3,4 goals easily. Both wants to avoid brasil!
LB990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-18, 18:27   #13
sportsboard

sportsboard is an unknown quantity at this point

worse team of England v Belgium will have to meet Columbia ( without Rodriguez?) but in qf there is "only" Swe/Sui but with winning the group, there is "only" japan in next round butmost likely Brasil in Qf. Hard call for...coaches

Sweden stopped Italy and Dutch team, almost stopped Germany. Swiss were on pair with Brasil but lost two important players for next game but if advance they shall be available for Qf. japan played draw here but were penalised, they also were quite lucky with Columbia.
Really "interesting" this game tonight

Belgium and England are p[retty offensive minded but...whether they are after scring-thats the question
sportsboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-18, 18:29   #14
Miccho

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB990 View Post
I’m more thinking about suprise today and over 2,5. Both teams have great attacks and solid defence so if we’ll see early goal that match could end with 3,4 goals easily. Both wants to avoid brasil!
If they want to avoid Brazil, they will have to try to finish 2nd, hence not score goals.
Old 28-06-18, 18:31   #15
radicke

radicke is on a distinguished road

With this form Brasil isn t candidate for final.I wouldn t be surprised if Mexico won Brasil.Except Alison all others were really average.
radicke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-18, 18:56   #16
Miccho

I also think that playing Japan at 1/8 final is the better choice. You got a very easy opponent and potentially very difficult afterwards. Under the other scenario, you got two difficult opponents.
Old 28-06-18, 19:27   #17
Mikele

Mikele is an unknown quantity at this point

If I were either Belgium or England I would prefer Sweden/Swiss over Brazil/Mexico in QF any time. Yes Colombia is harder opponent than Japan but having Brazil or Mexico then is even more hard. And there is extra day of rest in case of "easier" route, i.e. for H2 place.

To me everything points to the battle for finishing 2nd, but it's a tricky call. Many sportsmen and coaches say that it is potentially harmful for mental strength, trying NOT to win, as winning is the nature of sports. And I also read some reviews that England doesn't want to be picking any opponents but just look for the inspiring win here. Which wouldn't be too hard given many changes in Belgian squad.

All that said, I wouldn't be involved in any kind of bets on this game, will just watch the action (if any )
Mikele is offline   Reply With Quote