This site is for adults 18+ due to gambling/betting content. If you have a problem with gambling issues, or need information, please visit:
Gambling Help Online Gamblers Anonymous Gambling Therapy Gamble Aware Jugadores Anonimos JugarBIEN BeGambleAware GamCare

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > ChitChat and Competitions > Contests/Competitions

Contests/Competitions Forum contests and other competitions run by BA or other websites. Join and win!!
PINNACLE - accept very large stakes! Low juice!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 21-06-18, 21:07   #1
hovi

hovi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default **WC POD 22/06/2018**

**WC POD 22/06/2018**
Here are main rules, you will find others here:

http://forum.bettingadvice.com/showthread.php?t=110009

Prize booty will be a bit higher than for regular POD, 1st place will be awarded with 150 EUR, second place with 100 EUR and third place will bring 50 EUR!

Here are the rules:

The Competition

The purpose of the competition is to gather the best bets of a particular day of WC 2018. It's for fun but the competition can also be a good place for tipsters to find picks quicker than browsing all pages. You can place your Pick of the day and score points if it satisfies the conditions that are stated below. The competition lasts one month and in that period, a contestant must make exactly 8 picks. YOU CAN ENTER THE COMPETITION UNTIL IT IS POSSIBLE TO PICK EIGHT PODs. This means entering the competition with only 7 days of the WC left to go is not possible. Every missing pick below 8 at the end of the month will be punished with -100 points per missing pick.
You must be a registered user of this forum to participate. You must have a unique IP address, not more than one competitor can use the same address.
Odds must be between 1.50 and 3.50 and only odds taken from these 3 bookmakers are allowed:

Bet365
Pinnacle
SBOBet

You must write arguments for your pick or at least give a link to a prediction on BA main page, written by yourself.

About the conditions

You can only make one pick per day. Your pick must be different to all other placed picks, but you can back another team/player in the same game that someone else has taken. For your pick to count, it must be posted at least 1 hour before the event starts.

You cannot back the same team/player as someone else even if you take a different bet type (for example handicap bet, different game total etc.). But this rule applies only for quarterfinals/semifinals/finals of the WC!!! In the group phase of WC and in 1/8 finals you can take picks that were already taken by other users!!!

You can take these bet types (but only inside allowed odds from 1,50 to 3,50!):

-Asian handicap bets (final or HT)
-European handicap bets (final or HT)
-Over/Under bets (Game total) (final or HT)
-Home/Draw/Away bets (final or HT)
-Double Chance (1X,12,X2)
-Both teams to score (Yes/No)
-Half time/Full time
-Player to score (anytime scorer, first scorer)
-Number of corners (final or HT)
-Number of cards
-First team to score (Yes/No)
-Second team to score (Yes/No)
-number of goals scored team 1/team 2

You must write the correct bookie and correct odds in the time of your posting.

Scoring

A pick that was wrong will cost you 100 points. When you've made a correct pick, and it satisfied the conditions, you will gain 100 (Odds-1) points. For example, a successful pick @ 1.85 will give you 85 points. This is the net profit if you had staked 100 units. Asian Handicaps will be calculated accoringly to the net profit. It is not allowed to pick odds below 1,50 and above 3,50.
The contestant that scores the highest number of points with 8 picks, will win the monthly competition. In case he fails to give 8 picks, 100p- for every missing pick- will be deducted from his score.
To win the Special WC POD you MUST make 8 bets! Hopefully we will have time to update the standings every day but there may be some delays from time to time.

Good luck to all!!!!!
hovi is offline   Reply With Quote

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 21-06-18, 21:14   #2
hovi

hovi is an unknown quantity at this point

Pick #2 Won 1 +230
Soccer - World Cup Russia
Game - Brazil vs. Costa Rica
Pick: Brazil(-2.5)AH
Odds: 3.00
Bookie: Bet365

Brazil had excellent results prior to this World Cup winning with ease most of the friendly games they played during this period scoring plenty of goals and conceding very few, even in their first game they played well despite the 1-1 draw against Switzerland, Coutinho scored a lovely goal in the first half from outside the box, they conceded after a foul on Miranda in the penalty box which was not captured by any of the referees var included there, but a clear foul in my opinion as Switzerland could not threaten them much and were very lucky in the end to escape with the draw.
But Switzerland is coming from Europe, they had excellent results in the qualifying campaign and are a well built side, while Costa Rica is coming from the CONCACAF region, and except Mexico there is no other top nation there at this moment with USA even failing to get a play-off place in the end of the qualifying rounds.
Costa Rica showed many signs of weakness in defense against Serbia, lost 1-0, could have easily lost that game by more goals, Brazil can not afford more mistakes at this moment, should treat this game really seriously and win it by a couple of goals difference in the end. Could be a trashing.
2-0 pick lost!

Last edited by Macot; 22-06-18 at 21:12.
hovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-18, 22:20   #3
Wtrylika

Wtrylika is on a distinguished road

Pick #3
0-0-2, -200

Brazil - Costa Rica
Brazil (-2.5)
Odds 3.00 at Bet365

Brazil have dominated in the qualification in South America. They have won 12 games from 18 played and were the best in scoring with 41 goals. Gabriel Jesus has scored seven goals in these matches while Neymar and Paulinho each has added six. Brazil were solid in the preparation stage for the World Cup also. They have scored 2 against Croatia, 3 against Austria.
Brazil have played well in the opening match in the World Cup and have finished the game against Switzerland with 20 shots. Still they have failed to convert some good chances and have only scored once in the match that ended with the score 1-1. Now Brazil need all three points to be in a good position in the group and should show their best against Costa Rica that are coming from a loss to Serbia.
Costa Rica were also struggling in the friendly matches. They have lost to England 0-2, had no chances against Belgium and have suffered a 1-4 loss so a convincing win for Brazil is my prediction here.
2-0 pick lost!

Last edited by Macot; 22-06-18 at 21:12.
Wtrylika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-18, 00:42   #4
the_machine30
Freshman

the_machine30 is on a distinguished road

Pick # 4 (1-0-2) -35

Serbia - Switzerland
Pick: draw
Odds: 3.07
Bookie: Pinnacle

These two teams recorded good results in opening round and now they should decide which team is better and will qualify for the round of 16. Serbia defeated Costa Riva 1-0 in their first match and they also missed couple of good chances to make their win bigger. I think Serbia will have higher motivation to win than Switzerland because their last game is against Brazil. However Switezland can play very well in defense. They recorded only won lossin their last 23 matches and that was in Portugal against the european champion. Switzerland recorded two draws in their last three matches against Brazil and Spain who are favourites of the bookies to win this competition. I think a point here will be very good for Switezland who will need only to beat outsider Costa Riva to go out of this group.
1-2 Pick lost!

Last edited by Macot; 22-06-18 at 21:13.
the_machine30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-18, 00:45   #5
the_machine30
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_machine30 View Post
Pick # 4 (1-0-2) -35

Serbia - Switzerland
Pick: draw
Odds: 3.07

These two teams recorded good results in opening round and now they should decide which team is better and will qualify for the round of 16. Serbia defeated Costa Rica 1-0 in their first match and they also missed couple of good chances to make their win bigger. I think Serbia will have higher motivation to win than Switzerland because their last game is against Brazil. However Switezland can play very well in defense. They recorded only one loss in their last 23 matches and that was in Portugal against the european champion. Switzerland recorded two draws in their last three matches against Brazil and Spain who are favourites of the bookies to win this competition. I think a point here will be very good for Switezland who will need only to beat outsider Costa Rica to go out of this group.
Please delete previous post, I made mistakes
Old 22-06-18, 07:07   #6
Jiveboy

Jiveboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Pick 4

1-0-2 -13

Brazil - Costa Rica

Pick: Over 11.5 corners FT

Odds: 3.00 @ bet365

I think that we will witness mostly one sided game of course as expected dominated by Brazil, but i do not think that it will be that easy for them. We saw what they did against Switzerland, it was hard to score and many attacks ended up not being realised which is an opportunity for the occurrence of corner kicks. Costa Rica despite losing by Serbia 1-0 has potential in attack and i expect them to reach the goal of Brazil as well and to contribute for the total amount of corners in this game this is why i think that considering the odds given this over 11.5 corners bet is the most valuable and good pick out of the games in the WC today.
9-1 Pick lost!

Jiveboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-18, 10:02   #7
kicma
Freshman

kicma is on a distinguished road

Pick 1
Nigeria ***8211; Iceland
Pick: Iceland +0 AH
Odds: 1.94 @ Pinnacle

Iceland is once again underrated as they were on EURO, they don't have big names but they have great organization and teamwork, which they showed in first game against Argentina. Nigeria didn't show much against Croatia and I think draw is maximum they can achieve here. Of course, they will go for a win because they play last game against Argentina, but Iceland can be dangerous on counterattacks and they are team that will know how to react even if they concede first.
2-0 pick lost!

kicma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-18, 10:41   #8
Vossietheref

Vossietheref is an unknown quantity at this point

Pick #3
Nigeria ***8211; Iceland
Pickraw
Odds: 3.15 @ Pinnacle
we have here 2 teams who are not in great shape
Last matches: NIGERIA
16.06.18 WC Croatia Nigeria 2 : 0
06.06.18 FI Czech Republic Nigeria 1 : 0
02.06.18 FI England Nigeria 2 : 1
28.05.18 FI Nigeria D.R. Congo 1 : 1
22.05.18 FI Nigeria Atl. Madrid

Last matches: ICELAND
16.06.18 WC Argentina Iceland 1 : 1
07.06.18 FI Iceland Ghana 2 : 2
02.06.18 FI Iceland Norway 2 : 3
28.03.18 FI Peru Iceland 3 : 1
24.03.18 FI Mexico Iceland 3 : 0

i have to say the 11 from iceland against argentina was solid but argentina and messi majorly dissapoint at this wc
iceland is normally a good team against strong opponents they have a killer defending/outbreak tactics and are normally really good at it
they are supported by a good fan base with their hakka
but and here it comes against a fellow weak site like nigeria their tactics dont do well (see also their last 5 games)
the only outcome i can see as a sure thing is a draw
1-1 is my prediction!!!
2-0 pick lost!

Last edited by Macot; 22-06-18 at 21:14.
Vossietheref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-18, 10:42   #9
Vossietheref

Vossietheref is an unknown quantity at this point

draw it is haha because of the ;d
Vossietheref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-18, 11:21   #10
CursedLuck

CursedLuck is on a distinguished road

Pick #2
1-1 +125
France x Peru
Over 3.5 @ 3.40 Pinnacle

Brazil lads did not play well against Switzelrand but I'm not giving up on them, they have so many good players and they are still the favorites to win this whole thing, especially after seeing how poorly Argentina played last night agaisnt Croatia, this will motivate Brazil because they hate Argentina. Costa Rica lads must win or score here, they lost their first game against Serbia and if they lose here they will most likely go back home. With so much talent in Brazil my call is at least 4 goals in this game, Costa Rica lads must score if they concede, which they will surely do with likes of Coutinho, Neymar and Jesus on the pitch hunting for goals...
Pick cancelled!

CursedLuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-18, 11:21   #11
CursedLuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by CursedLuck View Post
Pick #2
1-1 +125
France x Peru
Over 3.5 @ 3.40 Pinnacle

Brazil lads did not play well against Switzelrand but I'm not giving up on them, they have so many good players and they are still the favorites to win this whole thing, especially after seeing how poorly Argentina played last night agaisnt Croatia, this will motivate Brazil because they hate Argentina. Costa Rica lads must win or score here, they lost their first game against Serbia and if they lose here they will most likely go back home. With so much talent in Brazil my call is at least 4 goals in this game, Costa Rica lads must score if they concede, which they will surely do with likes of Coutinho, Neymar and Jesus on the pitch hunting for goals...
It's Brazil x Costa Rica, I will post it again ofc
Old 22-06-18, 11:22   #12
CursedLuck

Pick #2
1-1 +125
Brazil x Costa Rica
Over 3.5 @ 3.40 Pinnacle

2-0 pick lost!

Old 22-06-18, 11:41   #13
Mindozas

Mindozas is an unknown quantity at this point

Pick#1

Nigeria - Iceland

Pick: over2.5
Odds: 2.71

Quite high odds for goals IMO. I don't think any team will be really satisfied with draw here. Nigeria in must win situation already, Iceland needs to win either tonight, either vs Croatia. One could think that game vs Croats will be easy as latter already qualified and might lack motivation, but I don't think it will be the case. Even with some rotation, I bet players will have enough motivation to fight, it's World Cup afterall, it's a rare chance, especially for some bench guys. So I think Iceland will try to take the chance tonight. Nigeria has fine attack, but is quite poor at the back and goalkeeper lines, moreover, as I wrote, i expect them to attack. Most of the times Nigeria lacks patience or wait for chances, IMO they'll go for goals early in the game already. Iceland can use the free space properly. They have enough creativity. Moreover, I surely don't expect them to play the same way they did vs Argies, when they build huge defensive wall and tried not to concede at any cost. This time they has a chance to win and take advantage of sloppy Africans defending.
All in all, I can easily see both teams netting a goal tonight. Both has enough talent upfront for that. And since draw isn't the best scenario for both, we can expect the winner too. GL
2-0 pick lost!

Mindozas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-18, 11:45   #14
Anunnaki

Anunnaki is on a distinguished road

Pick 4

+57
1/3

Brazil - Costa Rica

Brazil -1.25 AH @ 1st HT
BET365

There are levels to this game and Costa Rica are couple of levels below Brazil, except Navas that is Real Madrid's goalkeeper Costa Rica don't have any other important individuals that can make the difference. What they did in Brazil obviously won't happen again and it seems that this generation's time has run out.

Brazil must finally justify their role of one of the top teams in Russia and against Costa Rica they should be able to do this. I won't be surprised with the biggest win or repeat of the biggest win so far like Russia and Saudi 5:0. Brazil must step up now and switch gears. Swiss stole 1 point from Brazil and this should really furstrate this team. Forget about Neymar and giving him the ball, this is wasting time for this team. They have many more options that can all do fantastic job and burry this Costa Rican team.

My call is 2:0 at 1st HT for Brazil with odds 3.30 from 365.
0-0 pick lost!

Last edited by Macot; 22-06-18 at 21:15.
Anunnaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-18, 13:11   #15
LiDi
Freshman

LiDi is on a distinguished road

Pick no 3 +485

Nigeria - Iceland
Pick 2
Odds 2.73
Pinnacle

Iceland has a great team force, very strong players and good tactics, pressing ability from coach Heimir Hallgrimsson. Nigeria is not as well organised in defence, they make more mistakes on man marking.

If the Europeans will win, then Argentina will be out. The Africans run a lot but they are prone to commit errors, like the own goal and penalty against Croatia in the first matchday. Iceland played great in qualifying campaign winning against Ukraine, Turkey or Croatia, even with keeping clean sheets. I am on the trend of this small country rising as a football nation, just remember good display also at Euro 2016, their first major tournament. Many players from British sides should help Iceland to deal with key moments of this match. The Africans have good individuals but they do not act as a unit team, now their morale is low after first defeat. 0-1, 0-2 is the possible outcome this afternoon in Volgograd.
2-0 pick lost!

LiDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-18, 17:59   #16
Daneck

Daneck is an unknown quantity at this point

1/0/0 +108

Serbia vs. Switzerland

Pick: draw at halftime @1.9 bet365

Both teams can***8217;t afford to lose. Serbia have 3 points but also game vs. Brazil ahead of themselves, Switzerland have 1 point only, but possible 3 points in pocket vs. already eliminated Costa Rica. So I don***8217;t expect an open game, more probable is something similar to first half of Nigeria vs. Iceland. Switzerland are very well organized defensively, impressed a lot vs. Brazil. On the other hand they do not have a clinical finisher on the roster, they need too many chances to convert. Serbia haven***8217;t created a lot of sitters vs. Costa Rick, either. That game could***8217;ve easily ended 0-0 but moment of magic by Kolarov gave them victory. They will be avoiding danger trying to figure out their opponent. Halftime draw is then pretty possible.
1-0 pick lost!

Daneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-18, 00:41   #17
the_machine30
Freshman

What a day!!!

Bookies 10, tipsters 0