This site is for adults 18+ due to gambling/betting content. If you have a problem with gambling issues, or need information, please visit:
Gambling Help Online Gamblers Anonymous Gambling Therapy Gamble Aware Jugadores Anonimos JugarBIEN BeGambleAware GamCare

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > Soccer >
Internationals/Friendlies

Internationals/Friendlies
Analysis and discussions (and predictions) for Internationals and friendly soccer games.

PINNACLE - accept very large stakes! Low juice!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 13-06-18, 12:39   #31
WiserthantheCrowd

WiserthantheCrowd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miccho View Post
Say this again...
That was the info from Radio Marca...

But he got sacked... Apparently, because he had just signed a contract with the Spanish FA through 2020 a few weeks ago but then signed up with Real Madrid and informed the Spanish FA 5 minutes before a press conference... If that is true (and I have no reason to presume that it isn't), I would have fired the dude too if I was the President of the Spanish FA... I mean we all know that most footballers and coaches are mercenaries and opportunists but Lopetugui has taken this to new heights... So kudus to the President of the Spanish FA for having the cojones to do the right thing.

Now it all depends on who takes over. If it is the head of the U-21 team who was part of the coaching staff then I see a whole lot of continuity and this probably won't have much impact. In fact, it may strengthen the team... It really depends on whether the new guy knows the team and has some authority. There is a system in place and it's too late to tinker with it now...
WiserthantheCrowd is offline   Reply With Quote

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 13-06-18, 12:39   #32
sirac

sirac is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by latortuga View Post
Tragic news. Knew something didn't smell right about this team.

Will take an almighty effort to use this as a means of galvanising the team, but I don't really see the characters in the dressing room to do this.
I wouldnt put it as tragic. Ofc it doesnt look prefessional and i dont see any positive in it but its just a coach change. It will be all up to the players and how they will react and Spain has a system set-up, players with huge experience at international level so i wouldnt rule out Spain as of yet just because they sacked Lopetegui. It is a downgrade but lets not make a drama out of it.
Old 13-06-18, 12:45   #33
WiserthantheCrowd

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirac View Post
I wouldnt put it as tragic. Ofc it doesnt look prefessional and i dont see any positive in it but its just a coach change. It will be all up to the players and how they will react and Spain has a system set-up, players with huge experience at international level so i wouldnt rule out Spain as of yet just because they sacked Lopetegui. It is a downgrade but lets not make a drama out of it.
I don't see it as tragic... It was unprofessional and shameless by Lopetugui if he didn't inform the Spanish FA as they allege...
Old 13-06-18, 12:58   #34
eldie57

eldie57 is on a distinguished road

Hierro is new Spain coach
eldie57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-18, 13:07   #35
WiserthantheCrowd

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldie57 View Post
Hierro is new Spain coach
Good move. Safe hands. He knows the team. I don't think sacking Lopetegui will have any impact on the team now but it seems like it was really shameless on the part of Lopetegui... I mean if he had played it smart, he would have just waited with his announcement till the end of the WC... The way things stand, the dude totally deserved to be fired. It was the right thing to do.
Old 13-06-18, 13:10   #36
sirac

sirac is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiserthantheCrowd View Post
I don't see it as tragic... It was unprofessional and shameless by Lopetugui if he didn't inform the Spanish FA as they allege...
Indeed. They could have easily kept this agreement for themselves and announce it after WC ended for Spain, so avoid this unnecssary emotional drainage, so it doesnt make much sense, unless there is a conflict inside spanish footy, maybe Litost can provide some insights.
Old 13-06-18, 15:15   #37
litost

litost is on a distinguished road

i dont really know the inside story .... i think and its quite obvious Lopetegui did some wrong but new FA reactions is out of line if u ask me ...

its just a full of ego ... wind up .. reaction from this guy that just arrived to top managerial scene ,was unsecure and wanted to act like he is the boss ....

to start with the problem real - lopetegui would have been dealt with way btter by old fa boss even if he sure had to leave ... but they wouldve never reach that point .. heŽd made it clear
noone should utter a word regarding it till end of WC for nt.. period .....

now once it hapened ... FA boss should have cool it off couse players are behind coach regardles of his RM coach status ...
Old 13-06-18, 15:18   #38
litost

perhaps also fact old boss signed lopetegui and are good friends with him is behind disrespect actions towards new one wich on paper happened ....

probably it was misunderstanding .... new boss did not pull strings make it clear ...
press release would mean you are out .. then he needed to send message as new president...

i dunno ...but its a freeking joke ... 2 from ko
Old 13-06-18, 23:18   #39
WiserthantheCrowd

What is a bit incomprehensible is the timing of the announcement by Real Madrid and Lopetegui. They could have waited till after the WC to announce the deal... What's the rush? Real Madrid is in the off season... Ultimately it was very unprofessional by Lopetegui and Real. It's equivalent to sabotage although it probably wasn't intentional... Anyway, that's done and dusted now. Hierro has said that he will leave everything that Lopetegui did in place and he knows the players and seems to command respect. So that this should not have much impact - it may strengthen the team...
Old 14-06-18, 20:53   #40
litost

one can understand real madrid eger to have coach asap ....

u need him in order to work through summers in and outs ..

preseason camp and freindlies an dos on ..

whats strange is knowing they all know eachother well ... real boss actually helped FA new president win on his run ... could not reach an agreement to just work on shadows ......

probably it would have affected NT ..couse press ends up knowing everything ...

i still think this new guy fe&k it big time ...

hierro on helm may work or not ... but its never a plus ...
only thing improved after all issue is likely player got togueter on pledge to manage themselves and go far ..

for many of them is last WC ... and after last two big tournies disgrace sure they want to show smthg more .....