BWIN Pinnacle 888sport Bet365 10BET Gamebookers Betfair BET-AT-HOME Expekt 5Dimes CANBET

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > Soccer >
North/Central/South America

North/Central/South America
Copa Libertadores, Argentina, Brazil, Peru, Chile, US, Mexico, etc.
Bet on South American leagues at:

PINNACLE - accept very large stakes! Low juice!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 18-03-17, 12:06   #1
vasilli07

vasilli07 is on a distinguished road
Default MLS matchday 3

Philly +0.5 @ 1.83

Orlando started the season with a win over NYC. I'm not too sure I'm too impressed with them tbh. GK Joe Bendik had to make a couple of good saves to bail them out. Kaka remains out so Matias Perez Garcia(MPG) will take his place. As a DP during his Earthquakes days, he has performed quite poorly with only 3 goals and 8 assists since playing in MLS for the past 3 seasons. It remains to be seen if he can finally live up to his 'DP' tag.

Philly has look quite decent in the 2 games they played so far. The 2 midfielders Haris Medunjanin and Derrick Jones has been rather impressive. Another impressive player Jay Simpson will miss out though because of injury.

Even though Orlando will be at home, I think they will try to play counter attack again. Their weak defence need help so they won't try to be too gungho in search of a win. Philly has shown that their defence can hold up. Having putting up 2 solid performances far, I think Philly can continue their good form so far against a Orlando side without Kaka.
vasilli07 is offline   Reply With Quote

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 18-03-17, 21:30   #2
Lakers
Freshman

Lakers is on a distinguished road

Hi Vasilli, Prija and others...
Several interesting matches in this round. Some of them has been started, some of them are for tonight and we have one interesedted match for tomorrow. I think that in this round we have few games who are very good for "Over". But, I think that it is better to follow this first several rounds.
Like I said I think that we can see some goals on tonight's matches, especially on this: DC United vs Columbus, Orlando vs Philadelphia and Portland vs Houston.
Also the last game from this round Seattle vs NY Red Bulls is good for "both teams to score". Both sides have great attacking lines, so for sure both are able to score. Seattle with Morris, Dempsey and Lodeiro...New York with Wright-Phillips, Gulbrandsen (I know him from the time when he was in Molde), Kljestan...
Any comments for this game will be welcome !
Also I would like to ask about your oppinion which teams will be good for "over" in this season. I don't prefer to bet on winner in MLS, but "overs" are good. Thank you
Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-17, 13:27   #3
vasilli07

vasilli07 is on a distinguished road

Hopefully you trust your own gut. 7 out of 10 went over 2.5.
vasilli07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-17, 15:32   #4
Lakers
Freshman

Yes, great results, especially Portland vs Houston who was also very close to Over 6,5 goals.
Tonight I expect another interesting match with goals, but this is a derby match and I am little affraid from 1:1, so because of that I think the best choce is BTTS.
Old 19-03-17, 18:33   #5
Prija
Super Moderator

Prija is on a distinguished road

Seattle -0.25 1.9

Big party in Seattle tonight, champs are back in town to celebrate the trophy once again with their fans, championship banner will be raised in the stadium, with 50k+ people expected in the stands. Seattle kept their core from the last season that won silverware, so no surprise they are again among the faves to lift the trophy again. Their biggest boost is return of Clint Dempsey who missed the playoffs with heart problem, while only other new guy that is a starter for now is Gustav Svenson who can play in most defensive positions, and tonight he is expected replace suspended center back Roman Torres.

NY Red Bulls kept most of their core as well, though they did make some tweaks with the way they play. Coach Marsch spent most of off season in Europe watching other Red Bull teams and they will try to play the same style as well 4-2-2-2 formation. So far so good for them, they recorded two wins in MLS (albeit got eliminated in CCL) and they seem poised to make the post season once again.

Two quality teams tonight, but Seattle will have special atmosphere tonight and special support, and the above all I see them as a better team, so I believe they will manage to edge NY tonight.
Old 19-03-17, 18:35   #6
Prija
Super Moderator

Sorry Lakers, was super busy yday, didn't get time to respond to your question. You got it right, those teams should do well upfront, and overall there has been a nice influx of quality forwards in the offseason, so MLS should be high scoring once again. However, it's still very early in the season, teams are still rusty, so we should be more careful.
Old 19-03-17, 22:24   #7
Macot
Super Moderator

Macot is on a distinguished road

Date: 20.3.2017
Sport: Football
Event: USA MLS
Start time: 00:00
Game: Seattle Sounders v New York Red Bulls
Pick: Over 2,75 goals @2,10 or more!
Bookies Offer: Pinnacle @2,13!
Stake: 10/10
Analysis:
A great Sunday, finally I am on my way to end two consecutive months in profit. And there is more to come, European League are coming to the final stages and there will be valuable picks in April and May... but first we need to conclude this month the way we are doing it these days...
MLS started in great fashion, spectacular, attacking games with many goals. A newcomer Atlanta looks to be a fresh addition but these two teams are one of those that must be considered as favourites to win the title.
Seattle of course are leagues defending champions and they must alwaysy be considered as favourites, especially on their Century Link Field. Start to the season was not perfect, 1-2 loss in Houston and 2-2 draw at Montreal, but this will be their first home match and of course they will go for the first win. As you have noticed, both games they played so far ended as overs.
On the other side, teams from New York (Basketball, Soccer, Football, Ice Hockey) are always splashing money and expectations are always high but actually they are mainly overrated. The same goes with NY RB. They had an average season and are still a strong team if we consider their roster. But they will need to show that on the pitch. Start to the season was perfect, 2-1 away win at Atlanta and 1-0 win over Colorado, but this is going to be their first real test. I am sure they will go for a win here.
I expect both teams to score, my call is 3-2 home win!
GL!
Old 20-03-17, 01:43   #8
Lakers
Freshman

No problem Prija...just like to help, to motivate all of you and to be more active for MLS..This 3 rounds were really good, especially the last one...Seattle vs NY Red Bulls 1:1 - 66 minute another win for me, hope it will be 2:1 or something like that for you guys...good luck
Old 20-03-17, 01:44   #9
Lakers
Freshman

2:1 - 67 minutes Cheers
Old 20-03-17, 05:29   #10
zorbathegreek84
Freshman

zorbathegreek84 is on a distinguished road

Great bets guys. Especially prija is doing such an amazing job on mls - thank you mate!
zorbathegreek84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-17, 12:26   #11
Miccho

Miccho is on a distinguished road

Guys, do not get carried away with this overs frenzy. MLS definitely looks more underish and even stats prove this. Nevertheless, there will be different team dynamics throughout the season, and there will be teams which will be very overish at some periods.

The teams you should definitely keep under your radar are: Minnesota (weakest defense, plays attacking football), Atalanta (best attack in the league), Seattle at home (strong attack and positive football, but also good defense - not good for goals in away games), New York City (but have in mind that Viera improved a lot their defense)....
Miccho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-17, 15:07   #12
Lakers
Freshman

Thank you very much Miccho, especially about informations for the newcomers: Minnesota and Atlanta (not Atalanta hehe )...Also I think that Chicago will be very good for "over"...Of course it will depend from the opponent, but Chicago have really nice attacking line. They brought Nikolic who was great in Legia. Accam is alos great, I remembered him from the time when he was in Helsingborg...The defense is nothing special, so for me a team who will be good for "over"...
Old 20-03-17, 15:27   #13
Miccho

Chicago will be a counter-attacking team, hence, not good for "overs" when playing at home, but good for "overs" when visiting teams like Atlanta, NYC, Dallas - strong home teams, which always try to put their visitors into a corner.

Overall, it is important follow schedule and search for teams which are well rested and with full squad upfront - they have much higher chance to deliver high intensity game (and intensity and tempo are the most important factors for goals). Also check for weather conditions, cause some cities might experience often severe heat. Night games are ALWAYS better for goals, as well as games played in front of full stadium.

Also remember that new season is NEW SEASON, i.e. forget about all stereotypes from last year. LA Galaxy might have been very good team for goals for years, but now they have a horrible striker upfront and a manager, who is obsessed with safety. Orlando were playing like headless chickens last season and were perfect for goals, but their new manager (he came in July) worked on this and now they are more about safety and defense.

And last observation - when you judge that two teams are a goodmatchup for goals, you don't have to hurry up and pull the trigger early. There can be much better and safer opportunity during the game than pre-game. There are three key moments when potental live bet can be made on goals: a) after 15-20 min, when you will be chasing Over 2 line (if you feel the game gets very intense and there will be a goal before HT, chose this strategy) b) at HT, depending on the score. For instance, if by any chance two high scoring teams end 0:0 at HT, it might be perfect to take Over 1.25 at HT, as it is extremely unlikely such teams to end 0:0, and as soon as they score one, the game opens up c) after 60 min, if you see one team chasing the score, and the other team being very dangerous on the break. But make sure to protect yourself against the chance that the leading team decides to sit back - you should check whether their coach likes to make defensive substitutions when they are in the lead (imagine NYC coach taking Villa and putting some defensive midfielder instead - this affects substantially the chance for them to score on the break)....
Old 20-03-17, 16:04   #14
KL1NCUNT

KL1NCUNT is an unknown quantity at this point

Crazy stuff in this round, all overs almost.

Thanks!
KL1NCUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-17, 19:09   #15
Prija
Super Moderator

Good job this week everyone, Macot nicely spotted NYRB is team good for goals away (and home) cause they never just sit and always want to score. I would say Seattle could be overish away as well, both of their away games finished with 4 goals scored and had many chances. A rule of thumb in such situations is to look for an away team coach, is he a guy who is happy with a point away from home, or likes to attack regardless where they play. However, keep in mind that every game has its own story and needs to be analyzed thoroughly if we are to make money at the end of the day .
Old 20-03-17, 22:09   #16
Lakers
Freshman

Yes Miccho, I have the same opinion with you about LA Galaxy. They are not the same team like before, they are much weaker, far away from the team who is title contender, their attack is nothing special and for sure team which will be skipped from me.
This kind of leagues must be followed from round to round, because one injury, or new player can bring quality or something like that (here I mean on Lodeiro in last season when he was brought for Seattle). For sure it will be one interesting season and I hope that we will make this category on this forum active with informations and tips.
Old 20-03-17, 22:14   #17
Miccho

Btw guys, as we spoke about LA Galaxy, their fantastic former manager Bruce Arina is now coaching US MNT. They are in an absolute must win situation vs Honduras at home and I am quite confident they will die on the pitch, but get the win.
Old 20-03-17, 23:00   #18
Lakers
Freshman

Totally agree with you, although I don't know a lot about Honduras, but they are not so important in this match ...simply "must win" situation and they will win on one or another way.
Old 21-03-17, 23:33   #19
Lakers
Freshman

Schweinsteiger signed for Chicago Fire. I hope he will bring some quality (especially for attack) to Chicago.