BWIN Pinnacle 888sport Bet365 10BET Gamebookers Betfair BET-AT-HOME Expekt 5Dimes CANBET

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > Soccer >
Champions League

Champions League
Predictions and analysis for CL games.
Bet on Champions League at:
PINNACLE - accept very large stakes! Low juice!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 10-09-17, 15:58   #1
Wilson
Super Moderator

Wilson is on a distinguished road
Default Benfica - CSKA Moscow 12 Sep

1.66 3.71 5.44
Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 11-09-17, 13:24   #2
Ricoo

Ricoo is on a distinguished road

Benfica at home is really strong. In previous years they were able to handle much bigger teams than CSKA (Bayern 2 years ago and Dortmund in last season). Odds on them to win are a little bit to low, for me it should be something like 1,80 even 1,90 but 1,66 is no value for sure.

From this group United will propably took first place and the thing is if Benfica wants to advance as well they need to win tomorrow's game..
Ricoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-17, 12:43   #3
Urpo
Freshman

Urpo is on a distinguished road

Benfica - CSKA Moscow 2

UCL! Both teams have been strong lately. Benfica (5-1-0), CSKA (4-1-1). Previous encounters between the teams are 0-1-1.

Benfica has quite a long injury list (Grimaldo, Fejsa, Jardel out, Salvio, Cervi, Lopez, Eliseu doubtful), while CSKA can pick (and 100% surely will) their strongest XI. Zhamaletdinov was successful in debut during weekend scoring a goal, and probably retain a place up front.

CSKA have kept a clean sheet in last 4 UCL matches, and also won each one of them. Benfica have won only 1 out of 4.

CSKA Moscow starts the campaign with 3 points!

Follow tip live:
Here!
Urpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-17, 13:08   #4
FrancisWade

FrancisWade is on a distinguished road

I can't trust in this CSKA's defensive line, 2 of them aren't CL material anymore.
FrancisWade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-17, 13:13   #5
fluorescente

fluorescente is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urpo View Post
Benfica - CSKA Moscow 2

UCL! Both teams have been strong lately. Benfica (5-1-0), CSKA (4-1-1). Previous encounters between the teams are 0-1-1.

Benfica has quite a long injury list (Grimaldo, Fejsa, Jardel out, Salvio, Cervi, Lopez, Eliseu doubtful), while CSKA can pick (and 100% surely will) their strongest XI. Zhamaletdinov was successful in debut during weekend scoring a goal, and probably retain a place up front.

CSKA have kept a clean sheet in last 4 UCL matches, and also won each one of them. Benfica have won only 1 out of 4.

Follow tip live:
Here!
I don't know where you got your info from but that's injury list is just hilarious
fluorescente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-17, 13:20   #6
Mr Unnamed
Freshman

Mr Unnamed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Benfica - CSKA Moscow 2

Follow tip live:
Here!
Only Fejsa and Jardel seem to be out for the game as of right now, where did you get your information from?
Mr Unnamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-17, 13:27   #7
radicke

radicke is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancisWade View Post
I can't trust in this CSKA's defensive line, 2 of them aren't CL material anymore.
well Franc I also think same about Ignasevich and Berezutski but they main weapon is GK.And they probably will play with Wernblom and Natcho as defensive midlles so smth like fortress in front own goal.Honestly Benfica is one of superior home team..
radicke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-17, 13:49   #8
fluorescente

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Unnamed View Post
Only Fejsa and Jardel seem to be out for the game as of right now, where did you get your information from?
That's correct. Only Fejsa and Jardel are out.

Expected lineup for Benfica something like:
4-2-4: Varela / Almeida, Luisao, Lisandro Lopez, Grimaldo (Eliseu) / F. Augusto, Pizzi / Salvio, Cervi (Zivkovic), Jonas, Seferovic (or Jimenez)
Old 12-09-17, 13:51   #9
FrancisWade

Quote:
Originally Posted by radicke View Post
well Franc I also think same about Ignasevich and Berezutski but they main weapon is GK.And they probably will play with Wernblom and Natcho as defensive midlles so smth like fortress in front own goal.Honestly Benfica is one of superior home team..

I honestly thought about going against benfica because they are playing badly and having the usual "extra helps" to win games but CSKA defensive line will keep me away from betting in this one.
Old 12-09-17, 14:12   #10
Urpo
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluorescente View Post
I don't know where you got your info from but that's injury list is just hilarious
Then we'll see how hilarious it is..
Old 12-09-17, 14:52   #11
ellas98

ellas98 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Quite convincing reasoning...

Anyway, on the Benfica homepage there is a list of the called-up players.

PS:hope, the link works properly for others. I needed to reload (F5) 4-5 times to get there

Last edited by ellas98; 12-09-17 at 14:55.
ellas98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-17, 15:18   #12
fluorescente

Quote:
Goalkeepers – Bruno Varela and Júlio César;

Defenders – Lisandro, Grimaldo, Luisão, Eliseu, André Almeida and Rúben Dias;

Midfielders – Filipe Augusto, Samaris, Zivkovic, Salvio, Pizzi, Cervi and João Carvalho;

Forwards – Raúl Jiménez, Jonas, Gabriel Barbosa, Seferovic and Rafa.

Yes. It's misleading information. You pointed 7 players out, but only 2 are indeed out. So you gave fake information to the forum.
Old 12-09-17, 15:35   #13
fluorescente

Benfica is coming from 2 awful matches. Uninspired players and a shaky defense. Basically every single top portuguese team (Benfica, Porto, Sporting) are teams that you just can't trust right now. Benfica is having trouble building a defense. Sporting has same problems backwards. Porto is the best defensive team but lacks power upfront when compared to Benfica/Sporting and most teams of their CL Group.

Benfica has amazing (and varied) offensive power and you never know when those players will start working together. This match is Champions League material so this team will be 2 times more fired up than against teams like Portimonense or Rio Ave in the portuguese league. There are a lot of promising youngsters playing for Benfica dying to show Europe how good they are.

I saw CSKA against Young Boys and I think their main power is their defense. A lot of experienced players and one of the best GK in the world. Veterans Berezutskiy are still in form and Mario Fernandes is one to admire. Upfront, besides Dzagoev and Vitinho I didnt see a lot of serious threats.

Even though the most likely outcome is a Benfica win I don't think odds justify betting on the home team. I would like to bet on overs or BTS but I will just wait and bet live on this one... So be careful what you pick because this game is reeeeeally tricky. I think this is the best advice I can give to you
Old 12-09-17, 17:07   #14
mightyimp1

mightyimp1 is on a distinguished road

I think CSKA would be happy with a point here. Not so much Benfica.
At home in front of a big crowd I can see Benfica rising to the occasion.
Yes the Portimonense wasn't special, but trust me, those players had this game in the back of their minds. I am sure the Porto and Sporting guys did too.
Primeira Liga is different to the Champions League, Benfica will be more suited to this, but they really have to score first and preferably quite early. I think they will.
mightyimp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-17, 17:32   #15
hansomreiste

hansomreiste is on a distinguished road

I will try a draw here. Benfica hasn't looked good recently and I see no reason to trust them at such odds. Unless Soviet defense of CSKA makes a huge mistake, I feel like they can keep it close. I mean, this Benfica team struggled a lot against a newly-promoted Portuguese side last week and I have no reason to believe they will be better here. Sure, playing against Portimonense may not create the same amount of dedication but in the end it was a very important for Benfica since they were already 2pts behind Porto and Sporting - we all know that this is a quite big gap in Portugal where top three almost never drop points. And if we are gonna talk about how motivated Benfica will be... Well, so will CSKA. Can see this ending 0-0 or 1-1.
hansomreiste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-17, 18:00   #16
qwbot

qwbot is an unknown quantity at this point

Benfica have problem in defence now, only Luisao played all 5 games, rest of defence changing every game, so i think CSKA will score at least once. But Benfica have very solid attacking playes (Pizzi, Jonas, Seferovich), i doubt that CSKA defence can handle them to 0, 1-1 or 2-1 imho
qwbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-17, 18:14   #17
radicke

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwbot View Post
Benfica have problem in defence now, only Luisao played all 5 games, rest of defence changing every game, so i think CSKA will score at least once. But Benfica have very solid attacking playes (Pizzi, Jonas, Seferovich), i doubt that CSKA defence can handle them to 0, 1-1 or 2-1 imho
I must write that Goncharenko also rotates his CDs.Vasin played on the start of RPL but he made couple mistakes than they played two or three games wo Akinfeev on goal line and Rubin and Tosno scorf on both clash.Against Rubin Ignashevich played instead Vasin and he didn t know what to do with Jonathas which scored two and make couple of very good attacks in secound half.
Old 12-09-17, 18:43   #18
Rozde
Freshman

Rozde is on a distinguished road

Have in mind that Akinfeev just ended against AEK a 43 matches in a row for conceding at least goal per match. How crazy***55357;***56834;***55357;***56834;!!!
Rozde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-17, 19:31   #19
radicke

Same defence from start RPL:Akinfeev,Fernandes,Vasin,twins Berezutski,Schenikov,Golovin,Wernbloom,Dzagoev,Vit ihno and Olnare...Obvious that CSKA will try to get all three points.I expected more defensive approach but Goncharenko knows better what he can expect from host...
Old 13-09-17, 07:15   #20
Urpo
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellas98 View Post
Quite convincing reasoning...

Anyway, on the Benfica homepage there is a list of the called-up players.

PS:hope, the link works properly for others. I needed to reload (F5) 4-5 times to get there
How was it (Fejsa & Jardel out, Grimaldo did played)? I guess CSKA did win, as I predicted? I'd say that quite convincing reasoning.
Old 13-09-17, 12:33   #21
fluorescente

yes! congratulations! Your prediction was fantastic and your analysis even better! You're an amazing tipster and I will surely follow every single tip in the future ))
Old 13-09-17, 12:46   #22
FrancisWade

Winning a bet but ignoring crucial factors is a highway to lose a lot of them in the future.
Old 13-09-17, 19:03   #23
qwbot

qwbot is an unknown quantity at this point

CSKA played good, but was a bit lucky, draw would be more fair, Benfica hit the post 2 times and penalty was very questionable. CSKA didn't make any transfers last 4 years, but their school have grown quality attacking players: Golovin, Chalov, Jamaletdinov, watching their progress.
qwbot is offline   Reply With Quote