BWIN Pinnacle 888sport Bet365 10BET Gamebookers Betfair BET-AT-HOME Expekt 5Dimes CANBET

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > Soccer >
UEFA Europa League

UEFA Europa League
Picks and analysis and discussions for UEFA Europa League games.

Bet on European football at:
BET365
100% bonus for new clients, superb odds and great live betting !!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 10-09-17, 15:05   #1
Wilson
Super Moderator

Wilson is on a distinguished road
Default Apollon - Lyon 14 Sep

6.05 4.04 1.53
Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 12-09-17, 02:26   #2
qwbot

qwbot is an unknown quantity at this point

Lyon almost lost to Guingamp with odds 8.5+ in last round and have upcoming game vs PSG.
Apollon showed solid perfomance at home in qualifies, i like home win @ 6
qwbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-17, 19:16   #3
Prusina

Prusina is on a distinguished road

I like both to score much better than home win , I mean it is almost a certainty for me. Lyon has massive attacking potential even without Lacazzete but they play miserable defence and when you combine that they will play against PSG on the weekend I don't see them defensively on 100%.

Both to score or home team to score I would say is a banker.

Sure @6 at home win is valuable also qwbot I agree..
Prusina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-17, 06:32   #4
Breizhtois

Breizhtois is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwbot View Post
Lyon almost lost to Guingamp with odds 8.5+ in last round and have upcoming game vs PSG.
Apollon showed solid perfomance at home in qualifies, i like home win @ 6
How can u say that, Lyon was never in position to lost this match against Guingamp.
They scored their 2nd goal 1 minute after the 1-1

The upcoming match against PSG will not have any impact on the match and motivation.
For Lyon, this Europa League is very important for 2 reasons :
1) The 3 spots for the Champions League in Ligue 1 will be tough to reach and we can expect to see PSG and Monaco finish 1st and 2nd.
So the EL can be a good opportunity to play Champions league next season and they will play it at 100%.
2) The final will be played ... in Lyon.
Jean-Michel Aulas, the chairman, dreams to see his club playing the final in his stadium.

About this match, it's hard for me to predict anything because i have only seen this Apollon side one time this season, and only the last 45mn of the 2nd leg against Mydjtilland. Not enough.
But be sure, Lyon won't come in Cyprus with the PSG match in their mind.

And nobody talked about the weather conditions but it could have an impact and advantage the home side (34 degrees expected in the afternoon and match at 18.00).

But BTTS could be a good option indeed regarding to the weaknesses and qualities of the French side defensively and offensively.
Breizhtois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-17, 18:17   #5
qwbot

qwbot is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breizhtois View Post
How can u say that, Lyon was never in position to lost this match against Guingamp.
They scored their 2nd goal 1 minute after the 1-1 :rolleyes
Yes, but Guingamp had their chances, almost equal game if look stats, odds 8.5 were a value definitely
qwbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-17, 12:18   #6
Cypriot Eagle

Cypriot Eagle is on a distinguished road

I like the BTTS option here as well. Apollon is an offensive minded team, not that they will play too offensively here. They still have a lot of options to score a goal. They can score with their striker, wingers, midfielders and even full backs. They are good in set pieces so the options are there for them to score and they do not rely on just one way of scoring. Defensively they are not that strong.

This match is played in Nicosia at the GSP stadium. That is not the normal home stadium for Apollon who play in Limassol at the Tsirion. This is not either the stadium where they played the qualifiers as that was the AEK Arena in Larnaca. The AEK arena is very close to the pitch and the atmosphere was something that pushed the players forward.

The GSP stadium is a lot bigger and I doubt it will be full tonight so the atmoshpere wont be as good. It wont be as hostile as it was in Larnaca.

I am thinking Lyon win with both teams to score.
Cypriot Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-17, 13:06   #7
Get Real!

Get Real! is on a distinguished road

There's no reason why Apollon cannot take the home win for they are aggressive going forward and have plenty of scoring talent to do the damage and after all.. they have beaten APOEL three times in a row in their most recent domestic confrontations and that's gotta mean something!

Apollon's downside is a clumsy defense but I nonetheless predict a home win by a small margin.
Get Real! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-17, 15:56   #8
LesBleus
Freshman

LesBleus is an unknown quantity at this point

I took both teams to score at 1,95.

Lyon have a talented young squad, but I question their mental toughness and morale to close this game out with a convincing win. Especially in a game like this, away to a Cryriot team and the circumstances that come with it. Traveling 2700km's, it's hot as hell in Nicosia. I believe Lyon can edge out a narrow win in this game, but both teams should score given their scoring prowess and mental lapses. Limassol aren't playing at home, so that is at least more of an advantage to Lyon.

Last edited by LesBleus; 14-09-17 at 15:58.
LesBleus is offline   Reply With Quote