This site is for adults 18+ due to gambling/betting content. If you have a problem with gambling issues, or need information, please visit:
Gambling Help Online Gamblers Anonymous Gambling Therapy Gamble Aware Jugadores Anonimos JugarBIEN BeGambleAware GamCare

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > Soccer >
Internationals/Friendlies

Internationals/Friendlies
Analysis and discussions (and predictions) for Internationals and friendly soccer games.

PINNACLE - accept very large stakes! Low juice!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 15-06-18, 22:51   #31
sirac

sirac is on a distinguished road

So i guess you both wanted spanish to be germans. I guess that will happen when romanians will be slovenians.

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 15-06-18, 23:06   #32
Macot
Super Moderator

Macot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirac View Post
So i guess you both wanted spanish to be germans. I guess that will happen when romanians will be slovenians.
Old 16-06-18, 01:02   #33
latortuga

latortuga is on a distinguished road

I didn't take any bet in this game but it did go along with some of my pre-game comments. Spain have a bad record in game 1's of WC's so it wasn't so surprising that they didn't win this game when clearly at times they were far superior. De Gea! WTF, I don't think I've seen him this bad form before except maybe when he first signed for Utd. This isn't one game either, as he made a few errors in the Swiss friendly as well which are very unlike him.

I also made the point earlier about this Spain team not showing a clinical mentality in their friendlies and while I know litost will disagree, this for me was fully on display here where they couldn't close the game out. They should still get through here but it wouldn't surprise me to see this cost them later in the tournament.

For anyone who likes coincidences, last time Spain was here in Russia playing Russia NT game ended 3-3.
latortuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-18, 14:55   #34
Palini

Palini is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macot View Post
Sirac I dont agree with you. A win here would mean first place in the group and having things under control is always better.
The problem is exactly what Palini pointed out: Spain started to tika taka, I even wrote that in Livescore, they stopped trying to score and to secure the win against groggy oponents. Now they can end second in the group and that can be significant.
It is about mentality, probably Palini`s mentality from the North and your mentality from the South really show what is actually visible on the football pitch. Germans like to go for a kill even agaisnt the best teams (Brasil 7-1) while Spain rather keeps things tight and try to defend the lead with slowing the game down... so I guess you two will never understand eachothers due to different mentality.
If we count titles of northern and southern countries though I would say the truth is somewhere in the middle, so I think you are both right on your different ways.

And me as a member of a Nation from somewhere in between understand you both.
North, south... You make it sound like Game of Thrones, Lord Varys.

Maybe like 30-40 years ago there was something to this, but not today anymore. I see it frequently up here in the north as well in Allsvenskan, Bundesliga, Premier League, etc. This is a mental flaw as I see it. Despite being a lot better, you still go back to "defensive mode" in the end.

Sure, of course, sometimes the opponents go on attack try to equalize and the leading team sits back and try to defend, I get that but this was far from the case yesterday. I dont know what it is, maybe Spain lack confidence in themselves and feel they have to stop attacking, but that also sounds weird with a team full of Barca and Real players used to nothing else but winning. Maybe it's a sign of over confidence instead? Like "hey, we are so totally awesome, so let's just pass this thing around for the rest of the game and stop attacking. We don't have to. We will win easy anyway."

I don't know, but it's a mental flaw alright and Spain mucked up yesterday, imho.
Old 16-06-18, 16:39   #35
litost

litost is on a distinguished road

im going throu personal ramadawn right now so ill just make smark remarks ...

3 focus mistakes clearly cost us dearly .....

i think pique fault on CRis focus off mistake ...not de gea failing to spot it ...

great news costa is in sc form and since he only had half season probably will help a lot ...

spain needs to work in defense clearly ... but everything else looked ok .....