This site is for adults 18+ due to gambling/betting content. If you have a problem with gambling issues, or need information, please visit:
Gambling Help Online Gamblers Anonymous Gambling Therapy Gamble Aware Jugadores Anonimos JugarBIEN BeGambleAware GamCare

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > Soccer >
Internationals/Friendlies

Internationals/Friendlies
Analysis and discussions (and predictions) for Internationals and friendly soccer games.

PINNACLE - accept very large stakes! Low juice!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 14-06-18, 19:03   #61
ellas98

ellas98 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by litost View Post
Russia -2.25 4.25 Low Stakes & -1.25 (ht) 4.8 Low-1 Stakes

WTH! im going put $ where mouth & toughts are and have a shoot even if with hand on brake on ruskies to deliver in style at first game .....
i agree host are not usually to trust ... this squad does not look better than previous ones even maybe worse but people really are not aware of how poor this saudis are in manny ways ... mainly tacticall overall defending in particular .. qualified couse aussies are going through tough spell and well the played qualified nipons - also on a down - last game .. they would have not overcome honduras otherwise ...

u look at results at their friendlies and im 100% - in some cases couse i watched like italy peru and sp germany - rivals give not even 50% when they realise they are playing vs very weak pseudo pros players ... so in case russia does not collapse under presure wich may very well hapen if they are not leading within 60 mins then i could see all anxiety and pressure off back unleashed on middle east rivals as locals do have some ok if not nice atacking players .... 4-0 4-1 likely
Hats off! Please, carry on!
ellas98 is offline   Reply With Quote

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 14-06-18, 19:14   #62
sirac

sirac is on a distinguished road

This was a great opening thread. Many good posts and game proved them to be good. Russia impressed i woud say because the expectations were really low on them but mainly because the opponent was a joke, just like Litost said they looked like semi-proffesionals, absolutelly laughable defending. Impressed enough to actually surpass the expectations. I would say no, but remains to be seen against next serious opponent. But they do have decent midfielders in Golovin and Cheryisev and they pressed decent as a unit.
Old 14-06-18, 20:38   #63
litost

litost is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macot View Post
Cracking bets, agree!

Lito now has so much money that he could empty bookies accounts until the end of WC!
ha ha good old mascot (BA!?) :0 ... ...

not really ... unfortunately kedirhha manschbullfat and his cousins robbed me the other day .. in that joke freindly ... also lost all my bank on female bullsheet ..its the story of my life lately .... i do perennial martingale on friendlies and hens footie !! ... then when stuf i abs control - biased opinion - like last stages of lower ranks sp .. or wc wich i can see cummin .. im broke as a handkerchief ...

actually unless we got two under 1.5 towmorrow in iran and spain games - i could hit nice combo with poland o3.5 .. russia o 3.5 ...and paraguay - japs o 3.5 .. ( could be but one early goals may break it up ) .. i shall be just watching till end of month ...

oh dear .. on WC days .. that be sad
Old 14-06-18, 20:40   #64
litost

litost is on a distinguished road

i think it may be nice oportunity to lay russia if odds and people like usual at WC overreact at this result ..... allreday odd vs egypt are inflated ...

im afraid pharaohs will pull up a surprise vs charruas so maybe time to pull trigger is between now and tomorraw game KO ...

btw ... how important was ramadan on SA today ? ..

anyone nows ... they looked weaker in fitness wich at least they usually are ok ...

Last edited by litost; 14-06-18 at 20:47.
litost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-18, 21:27   #65
Miccho

Miccho is on a distinguished road

Fantastic Litost - brave, analytical, on the spot...

I would not buy into theories about Russia's strength. Saudi Arabia served their ass*es on a plate, playing like an amateur team in defense and in the middle (by the way, f.ck you, Germonkey morons, you should have scored at least 4 against these bunch of losers). Russia in first half wasted so many good opportunities on the break and they will never be given that much space and that many chances vs Egypt or Uruguay.

Also, their central defense, and in particular this young guy from Spartak Moscow, didn't look secure to me, but it is hard to judge, when such impotent players are against them. But I can guess that oldie Ignashevitch and this young Spartak guy might have it hard vs the likes of Mo Salah, Cavani and Suarez.
Miccho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-18, 22:35   #66
latortuga

latortuga is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by litost View Post
ha ha good old mascot (BA!?) :0 ... ...

not really ... unfortunately kedirhha manschbullfat and his cousins robbed me the other day .. in that joke freindly ... also lost all my bank on female bullsheet ..its the story of my life lately .... i do perennial martingale on friendlies and hens footie !! ... then when stuf i abs control - biased opinion - like last stages of lower ranks sp .. or wc wich i can see cummin .. im broke as a handkerchief ...

actually unless we got two under 1.5 towmorrow in iran and spain games - i could hit nice combo with poland o3.5 .. russia o 3.5 ...and paraguay - japs o 3.5 .. ( could be but one early goals may break it up ) .. i shall be just watching till end of month ...

oh dear .. on WC days .. that be sad
Please dude...save your life story for people who care. haha

Well done.
latortuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-18, 22:48   #67
latortuga

latortuga is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by latortuga View Post
I agree with most posters about goals here, particularly if Cherchesov has been telegraphing exactly how he plans to setup in his friendly games. He has Russia playing with a high line which increases their ability to control possession and increase their offensive threat but also exposes them to greater risk on the counter, which Saudi Arabia have. Pizzi has introduced a much more possession based style since taking over from Van Marwijk, however Saudi players will struggle under Russian pressure not to turn it over in their own half. Could be an exciting and entertaining game to open the tournament; well let's hope so.

Russia v Saudi Arabia over 2.5 goals @ 2.28 (cover CS Russia 2-0)
Good win to start the WC off on.

Hard to take much from this game given Saudis were that bad but hats off to Cherchesov for managing to convince Russians and the World that the national team were bad; didn't even need facebook to help them. I think even Saudis believed it as well.

Looking back at the 2002 WC when Saudis were smashed 8-0 by an okay German team in their first game, they responded and played better in their last 2 games so I would be careful about expecting everyone will beat them 5-0 now; just a thought.
latortuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-18, 23:07   #68
Miccho

Quote:
Originally Posted by latortuga View Post
Please dude...save your life story for people who care. haha

Well done.
As soon as he gives us such splendid tips like today's, if u ask me, he can even write here what he ate for breakfast and how many cigarettes he smoked
Old 15-06-18, 06:57   #69
Sinbad
Freshman

Sinbad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miccho View Post
Also, their central defense, and in particular this young guy from Spartak Moscow, didn't look secure to me, but it is hard to judge, when such impotent players are against them. But I can guess that oldie Ignashevitch and this young Spartak guy might have it hard vs the likes of Mo Salah, Cavani and Suarez.
That is true, young Kutepov is prone to flaws from time to time even in more or less organized Spartak defense. His appearance in starting lineup was actually a bit of surprise, as he didn't get a lot of playing time in friendlies for past couple of years.
Completely agree that fast and skillful attackers will cause them a LOT of problems, especially if these two remain as center backs in 4-man defense formation.
Sinbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-18, 07:32   #70
MarianoV6

MarianoV6 is an unknown quantity at this point

My point of view for the game

First of all, both teams AND the referee looked tired to me. They all were taking heavy breath during the game. I checked humidity the day before kick off but it wasn't that high, something around 43% i think.

Weakest link in Russia in my opinion is their coach. That is very obvious if you think that the changes (the first one wasn't even planned) changed the whole game. At the start of the game, yes Russia had some chances to score, but when it comes to defending i think they were clueless which is why SA had so much ball possession (if i remember well it was 50something to 40something).

Second thing i can say about the game is that, around the 20' minute or so at the first half, Russia returned back and didn't even push to score a second goal. Out of energy? Coach's orders? dunno. When Cherysev came in, after a while they become more attacking again and hence the goal from Chernysev.

Third thing is that at the second half, Russia were full attacking team and they ended up scoring 5 goals in total. Dzyuba was the guy they needed inside the box. Even their fans got excited at the second half and they were cheering much much louder cause at the first half, most of them were sleeping, as i was also.

It doesn't matter my opinion about SA, we all know them by now. What i'm thinking now is that Russia wanted the many goals because of qualification criteria. The criteria are:
I. Goal difference
II. Best attack
III. Points at the between them games
IV. Goal difference at the between them games
V. Best attack at the between them games
VI. Fair Play points
VII. Drawing of lots

No matter the 5-0 against SA, i still don't believe that Russia has become a world class team and they will play everything now at the next two games with two objectives in mind: Not to concede many from Uruguay and draw in a goalless game against Egypt. Those should be their two goals in my opinion.

* Note criteria number VI because it might be the reason why we are not gonna see too many yellow/red cards and even too many fouls at some games. The game must have an importance of "do or die" because point will matter more than fair play. After all, this is criteria No 6, not No1 or 2. But still, i believe it is an important factor at couple of groups where teams have realistic chances to fight for a place (like group H for example).
MarianoV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-18, 08:56   #71
Miccho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinbad View Post
That is true, young Kutepov is prone to flaws from time to time even in more or less organized Spartak defense. His appearance in starting lineup was actually a bit of surprise, as he didn't get a lot of playing time in friendlies for past couple of years.
Completely agree that fast and skillful attackers will cause them a LOT of problems, especially if these two remain as center backs in 4-man defense formation.
I think Cherchesov will surely go back to 3 center backs defense in the remaining games. This is how Russia played in almost all friendlies. The Saudi game was an exception, because Cherchesov knew Saudis are weak and impotent attack, and Russia must be more offensive.

Three man defense will improve the stability, but it still doesn't look secure. None of the center backs is established player, in the sense of a firm regular in the starting eleven of the NT. All these center backs had been constantly rotating in Russia's friendlies, so no good chemistry has been created in this zone. And Ignashevich missed most friendlies, he was called for the last two, but not for the majority of the rest.

Anyway, Russia already with big advantage vis-a-vis Egypt. They have practically unbeatable goal-difference and if they draw the next game, they can likely both settle for a draw in the last match with Uruguay
Old 15-06-18, 09:02   #72
Miccho

Mariano,

I disagree with your judgment about Cherchesov. Particularly in this game he played his cards very well. Changed the formation from 3-4-3, which he used in most friendlies, to 4-3-3, which was the right move. Russia got back after opening the score only in order to force Saudi mistakes in the middle and punish them on the break. In the second half they realized they got the 3 points secure in their pockets, so they started playing for goal-difference. Dzyba is a slower player, this is why Cherchesov prefers Smolov (although he played awful yesterday).
Old 15-06-18, 09:37   #73
MarianoV6

MarianoV6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Unless we go into his mind, we will never know for sure if he was lucky or good

When you play against a sharp counter attack team, then it's only logical to play with 4 at the back, nothing special at this. Maybe i didn't put it right what i wanted to write.

I didn't see any plan, even if the opponent was a very weak team. Well, someone might say that it is harder to make plans when your opponent is like that and you can't guess what they will do (because of luck of skills) but still, i didn't see anything special in attack mostly, an organized team which knows what to do in the pitch.

And if i'm right (for which i don't care), this will be obvious against Uruguay, against a much stronger opponent
MarianoV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-18, 09:53   #74
Miccho

Yes, I agree there is nothing special about this Russian team. But it is not because of the coach, it is because of the poor quality of the squad.