This site is for adults 18+ due to gambling/betting content. If you have a problem with gambling issues, or need information, please visit:
Gambling Help Online Gamblers Anonymous Gambling Therapy Gamble Aware Jugadores Anonimos JugarBIEN BeGambleAware GamCare

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > Soccer >
UEFA Europa League

UEFA Europa League
Picks and analysis and discussions for UEFA Europa League games.

Bet on European football at:
BET365 Great live betting !!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 16-05-18, 01:42   #1
Prija
Super Moderator

Prija is on a distinguished road
Default Europa League Final, Atletico Madrid vs Marseille

The game is being played in Lyon, France.

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 16-05-18, 11:08   #2
WiserthantheCrowd

WiserthantheCrowd is on a distinguished road

Odds on Atletico to win going up... I am a bit surprised by that - I'd have expected it to be the other way. I don't quite get the reason for this - maybe some people believe that playing in France is tantamount to a home game for Marseille. Even odds on Atletico to win seem nice. Going forward Lyon may have as much to offer but defensively they're far more frail than Atletico. Therefore, I'm expecting Atletico to win.
WiserthantheCrowd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-18, 12:40   #3
nakedtons

nakedtons has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I'm surprised that more money is on Marseille because the match is played in France. In terms of quality and experience, Marseille can't be compared to Atletico Madrid. I will gladly accept Atletico Madrid -0.5 which I feel it's good value given that their odds has risen.
nakedtons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-18, 14:48   #4
fc arges

fc arges is on a distinguished road

why so quiet?

The odds on Patetico are little more good after that opening! Still i dont like them as a team...not my type of football! I look at the match with Arsenal where Ozil and some of the players didnt want to play! The result could have been other if they showed some interes!

Marseille is a good team but i dont like that defence! Still cant say more about this team becouse i didnt saw them! From what i understand they should have lost against Salzburg!

My fun bets:

Thauvin to score@3.5 (big fuss around this guy so why not)
DRAW with goals @4.1
D.Costa to take a yellow card@2.65 (would have taken even Griezmann)
D.Payet to take a yellow card@4.2
fc arges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-18, 15:41   #5
WiserthantheCrowd

Yes, Marseille got a bit lucky against RB Salzburg. They scored a last-minute winner away goal as a result of an undeserved corner. RB really had them on the ropes in the 2nd half of their SF. Offensively they're a great team but defensively they're not on the same level as Atletico Madrid. I also doubt whether Rudi Garcia is on the same tactical level as Diego Simeone... It will be interesting to see how Marseille try to plug their gaps at the back... In any case, I'd be really surprised if Marseille come out on top. I think it seems most likely that Atletico will win this in regular time and sit back after scoring. 1-0 or 2-0 would be my call.
Old 16-05-18, 16:26   #6
radicke

radicke is on a distinguished road

Exacty as Wiserth wrote-main adventage of Atletico is Simeone.Garcia has problems with the way he leads his teams when Marseille scores first.Couple of times-on the road against St.Etienne and Guingamp in last round they had a problem to save their result after goal.Also he had some strange experiments like Luiz Gustavo as CB and injuries of first GK-Mandanda.I think that their efficient is better than Atletico.I have wathced Atetico couple of times on the road-in La Liga and in Europe League and except against Loko in Moscow they didn t impreseed me.Except Oblak,Greizmann all others didn t looked so motivate and play good only in the parts of half-not more than 10-15 min.Think that OM has much motivate players-they didn t play any final in recent years and I ll backed them 1X...was 2,25 yestreday...
radicke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-18, 16:36   #7
WiserthantheCrowd

Quote:
Originally Posted by radicke View Post
Exacty as Wiserth wrote-main adventage of Atletico is Simeone.Garcia has problems with the way he leads his teams when Marseille scores first.Couple of times-on the road against St.Etienne and Guingamp in last round they had a problem to save their result after goal.Also he had some strange experiments like Luiz Gustavo as CB and injuries of first GK-Mandanda.I think that their efficient is better than Atletico.I have wathced Atetico couple of times on the road-in La Liga and in Europe League and except against Loko in Moscow they didn t impreseed me.Except Oblak,Greizmann all others didn t looked so motivate and play good only in the parts of half-not more than 10-15 min.Think that OM has much motivate players-they didn t play any final in recent years and I ll backed them 1X...was 2,25 yestreday...
Fair points but I don't think Atletico Madrid will be less motivated today - I think they're totally motivated... So far they might not have been that motivated and did just what they had to do to get the job done. But I am expecting that to be different tonight. Moreover, if they win, they'll most likely get to play Real Madrid - their old nemesis - in the Super Cup for glory. That would be a nice way for them to make up the defeats in the CL finals of 2014 and 2016...