BWIN Pinnacle 888sport Bet365 10BET Gamebookers Betfair BET-AT-HOME Expekt 5Dimes CANBET

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > ChitChat and Competitions > Contests/Competitions

Contests/Competitions Forum contests and other competitions run by BA or other websites. Join and win!!

PINNACLE - accept very large stakes! Low juice!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 25-04-17, 15:19   #2821
foxccs
Administrator
Site admin

foxccs is on a distinguished road

About the discussion for major changing in POD, i think we were clear about that. Big changes will not happen in a few days. We need to adopt many things to have it clear what should be allowed and what bookmakers. I agree that some of the bookmakers allowed for POD are obsolete and the list need refreshment. I didn't made that list and never took a part of changing it. But that is a discussion that needs some more attention some other time maybe. Lets focus on odds this time as I thing we are all in for this to happen.
foxccs is offline   Reply With Quote

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 25-04-17, 19:07   #2822
sirac

sirac is on a distinguished road

My problem is not with money hunters. As long as there will be money prizes they will lurk around and try hit the maximum odds, no matter the limit. Of course lowering the max odds will make the competition more fair giving more chances to profesionals but will not improve the quality. Most of the previews are absolute crap lately. Tolareting this kind of previews that tell nothing and are absolute joke , like Quill already pointed out, must stop if you want to improve quality but i reckon this forum lost the battle on quality long time ago!
Old 25-04-17, 20:16   #2823
KL1NCUNT

KL1NCUNT is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirac View Post
My problem is not with money hunters. As long as there will be money prizes they will lurk around and try hit the maximum odds, no matter the limit. Of course lowering the max odds will make the competition more fair giving more chances to profesionals but will not improve the quality. Most of the previews are absolute crap lately. Tolareting this kind of previews that tell nothing and are absolute joke , like Quill already pointed out, must stop if you want to improve quality but i reckon this forum lost the battle on quality long time ago!
No matter the limit? It matters very much, if limit is 2.00 or 2.50, it's same for prize hunter same as it is for someone more professional, the prize hunter cannot beat him in long run, the more professional one will win because of better streak and limit is everything in that case, so it matters very much.

If you think anywhere else is better you are mistaken. Look at this website and their crap previews.

http://www.bettingexpert.com/archive...fenix-nacional

http://www.bettingexpert.com/tip/400...ia-cska-moscow

http://www.bettingexpert.com/archive...je-ofk-beograd

They are competing for 3,000 GPB (three thousand yes) of real money per month, 6 times more than POD and these are their previews. Not to mention that in their rules they specially noted that previews cannot be statistical only and they must have important info, lol.

So you might wanna hold on with insulting everyone on this forum, if nothing else at least there are good threads often in other subforums with good informations and important stuff, other websites do not even have that.

And by fixing odds, I am sure that previews will be much stronger in POD, because tell me what motivation can one have to post odds 4.50, 3.50 etc. knowing in the back of his mind how ridicolously hard is too hit that and that it's just a lucky bet as Miccho said. Very little motivation.

Fix odds and let's try it at least for 1 month, and if nobody will like it, winning percentage and previews won't be better (which is impossible) you can always just return the old 3,50 crap.
KL1NCUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-17, 20:29   #2824
foxccs
Administrator
Site admin

I strongly doubt that sirac had intentions to insult anyone He is rather nostalgic for BA's old days.

Changing max odds will be easy to implement so there is no reason why we will not do it. Let focus on the max odds value. I still believe that 2.50 is a big change, plus everyone will lose when picking a side in an even football game. 2.80 should be just enough and as you said, we can change it further if the effect is low.
Old 25-04-17, 20:30   #2825
sirac

How the hell im insulting everyone by stating the quality has significantly dropped?
Old 25-04-17, 20:48   #2826
KL1NCUNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxccs View Post
I strongly doubt that sirac had intentions to insult anyone He is rather nostalgic for BA's old days.

Changing max odds will be easy to implement so there is no reason why we will not do it. Let focus on the max odds value. I still believe that 2.50 is a big change, plus everyone will lose when picking a side in an even football game. 2.80 should be just enough and as you said, we can change it further if the effect is low.
I expressed myself wrong, I know he didn't meant it but he meant on those previews like Quill pointed out.

I'm up for anything lower, just to see how it will work out, 2.80 is good as well. I think you had enough background opinions and feedback, so now it's up to you to decide which is the best number.

Quote:
How the hell im insulting everyone by stating the quality has significantly dropped?
I don't know bro, I wasn't back then here (which I regret when I read old livescores) but I just think that it's not that bad as you put it, well, at least when I compare it with other current betting scene websites, we're still not that bad.

And I don't know what kind of info you expect, even Macot (bless his heart I love him) posts some sort of statistical posts, and look, he's doing good and hits solid amount of picks without some superb secret info.

Things have changed and there are no so many secrets like before, there were some basketball leagues before where bookies could be beaten easily and they didn't know it, but those kind of things does not exist anymore.

I agree that those kind of previews from the other day that Quill pointed out, where the guy is saying that games from Australian lower division in last round were offensive, when there's no way he could know that because streams and TV broadcasts do not exist for those games, should be punished. But other than that, some statistical bet, some info for injuries, it's all just basic stuff and not some inside info really. Should not be taken so seriously because it's 2017, bookies know mostly everything.
Old 25-04-17, 21:08   #2827
sirac

Of course my expectations are high. I dont really look for inside info but at least not superficial stuff which every 5 yo can do. Take today post of FcZeta for example. Absolutelly no hint whatsoever why that game should go over3,5. No info about injuries, no words from players or coaches, no info about basic stuff just his feeling prolly. And posts like that are majority in the Pod. And Macot does the same. But he has proven his value, some tipster have that feeling and they go with it, fine with me if he has proven his value, although its still superficial stuff but at least i know i can trust that person cause of his history.
Old 25-04-17, 23:32   #2828
Quill

Quill is on a distinguished road

OMG KL1NCUNT, I was curious enough to look at two of those three links and I cringed.

Shall we add a trial rule that such lousy previews that we have pointed out will deem the POD void (if not a loss altogether, or at least loss of a number, i.e. instead of say 7 remaining, it counts as having been used, therefore 6 remaining).

Lowering the odds to 2.80 - 2.85 is fine with me.
Quill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-17, 13:47   #2829
KL1NCUNT

Quote:
Of course my expectations are high. I dont really look for inside info but at least not superficial stuff which every 5 yo can do. Take today post of FcZeta for example. Absolutelly no hint whatsoever why that game should go over3,5. No info about injuries, no words from players or coaches, no info about basic stuff just his feeling prolly. And posts like that are majority in the Pod. And Macot does the same. But he has proven his value, some tipster have that feeling and they go with it, fine with me if he has proven his value, although its still superficial stuff but at least i know i can trust that person cause of his history.
Yeah that was really strange because neither Port Vale or their opponent had any games that went over 3.5 goals in last 5+ games played, so that was not even a statistically justified bet. very strange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quill View Post
OMG KL1NCUNT, I was curious enough to look at two of those three links and I cringed.

Shall we add a trial rule that such lousy previews that we have pointed out will deem the POD void (if not a loss altogether, or at least loss of a number, i.e. instead of say 7 remaining, it counts as having been used, therefore 6 remaining).

Lowering the odds to 2.80 - 2.85 is fine with me.
yeah it really is cringe. horrible stuff bro.
Old 26-04-17, 14:21   #2830
petomavar

petomavar is an unknown quantity at this point

I remember once, in 10 month picks I got 7 winning ones, 1 void and 2 lost and end up on place 7 or 8 in table. All because of odds, I played odds around 2-2,5. Playing odds 3,5 is mathematically much better option for getting some prize, you can have 5 winning and 5 lost bets and jump in first 5.
petomavar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-17, 19:35   #2831
Miccho

Miccho is on a distinguished road

Another one:

http://forum.bettingadvice.com/showp...1&postcount=12

The guy does not even mention that Monaco will rest half of their regulars for this game. What kind of preview is this For God's Sake?! He doesn't even check elementary team news. Just gambles, because he knows he has nothing to lose. Such previews and posters simply have no place in this competition.

Make a note - I am not saying Monaco+1 is a bad bet or anything. I am saying that if you make a "tip" and do not mention that Monaco will rest Falcao, Mbappe, Bakayoko, Fabinho, Glik, Lemar etc., then you simply should not be allowed to post.
Miccho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-17, 19:40   #2832
Miccho

Miccho is on a distinguished road

These are the 11 for Monaco:

Le XI de départ monégasque !

16- De Sanctis
46- Mbae
34- Diallo
24- Raggi
6- Jorge
47- Muyumba
35- N'Doram
41- Andzouana
37- Cardona
43- Beaulieu
18- Germain (C.)

Sorry, but there better be no POD at all, if such posts are allowed there. Complete waste and complete harm for other users.
Miccho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-17, 13:15   #2833
foxccs
Administrator
Site admin

Ok. Since May and on, we will try POD with max of 2.80 odds (2.85 is not that "round" number, plus is disrespect to those who were for 2.50 odds and there were quite a few)
I have given some reasons why not 2.50, will repeat them again, just for the evidence:
- even football games picks will always lose when picking any side
- we have Tennis, Basketball, IceHockey, etc... picks that easily have a lot of value above 2.50 and respectfull POD players often go for them
- it is a big change for POD that hasn't changed much through the years. We always have possibility to change it to lower value in the future if we agree that this change is not enough
Old 28-04-17, 14:58   #2834
azzurini1976

azzurini1976 is on a distinguished road

I see the conclusion has been made...anyway, why not leave odds untouched and let users send print screens of their bets and paste them along with their previews? In one word, put your mouth where your money is...surely only three competitors will then play for the award
azzurini1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-17, 14:59   #2835
azzurini1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by azzurini1976 View Post
I see the conclusion has been made...anyway, why not leave odds untouched and let users send print screens of their bets and paste them along with their previews? In one word, put your mouth where your money is...surely only three competitors will then play for the award
ehhh it should read...put your money where your mouth is....and not vice versa...
Old 28-04-17, 15:33   #2836
foxccs
Administrator
Site admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by azzurini1976 View Post
Understood anyway

Ehh, it can't be, then no one will play it. We need previews and quality posts with some sort of information, if the condition is real life bets, then it complicates a lot, many will use fake pics at first place.
Odds slashing is the only step that complicates nothing.

Other thing is that I (or other mods) should void some useless posts, any mod is welcome to do that, but lately nobody wants to take responsibility.

Here is one recent example from POD 20/04/2017:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddasd View Post

Icehockey NHL
Pittsburgh Penguins - Columbus Blue Jackets
over 6 @ 1.961 pinnacle

preview too short, not counting

Pittsburgh Penguins leads series 3-1.
Last two games finished over 8.
Pittsburgh is gonna try to finish this game today and i think we will see high scoring game!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddasd View Post
lol
preview too short, not counting

so, i should add few sentence and write nonsense like some... just to get into "game"
Last few games were easy over.. both theam are strong in offensive.. each game has more then 60 shots, really dont understand why should i write just few unimportant stuff
So, when you tolerate a lot, anybody can take a freedom to complain.
Old 28-04-17, 15:40   #2837
azzurini1976

Hmmm...maybe make a template of neccesary things that have to be added in preview? If you want quality then that is one way to solve it.
Old 28-04-17, 15:40   #2838
KL1NCUNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxccs View Post
Other thing is that I (or other mods) should void some useless posts, any mod is welcome to do that, but lately nobody wants to take responsibility.

Here is one recent example from POD 20/04/2017:

So, when you tolerate a lot, anybody can take a freedom to complain.
Good point. Well maybe you need another mod to help you with POD, someone that plays it actually not just reads it. You are admin now and I guess you can choose mods? or not. don't know, anyway. If you need another mod to help you with POD grading/reviewing odds and reviews and rules, you should take someone like Quill/Miccho/Sirac to help you maybe? Macot does not have enough time cause he's writing his picks everyday I guess.
Old 28-04-17, 15:45   #2839
KL1NCUNT

And to make everyone know about the new odd limit, we should post in May something like this

thread name

POD 01/05/2017 (MAXIMUM ODDS = 2.80)

or maybe inside the thread when we post this image, add another big red font so people can see, cause I believe that many out of those 100 players will not be aware of the new odd rules, probably not every played read this thread I guess?

Thanks to our sponsor Terje Grefstad

MAXIMUM ODDS = 2.80
Old 28-04-17, 15:48   #2840
foxccs
Administrator
Site admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL1NCUNT View Post
And to make everyone know about the new odd limit, we should post in May something like this

thread name

or maybe inside the thread when we post this image, add another big red font so people can see, cause I believe that many out of those 100 players will not be aware of the new odd rules, probably not every played read this thread I guess?

MAXIMUM ODDS = 2.80
Naturlich
Old 28-04-17, 16:38   #2841
Serpico_re
Freshman

Serpico_re is on a distinguished road

Many of you have put bets on "feeling", and its REAL life bets, right? So, how can you put that in POD to satisfy all the things that you complain about here and not to write things just to be written?? For example tennis bets, which i play a lot just because i rely on psychological factor, cause tennis is that kind of sport, and i always chase dogs to surprise with their gameplay, and not to be hanged from mods like week ago, when few of you got on my back that i wrote a lie????

you put statistic its insufficient, you put your thoughts of match slightly based on your feeling,its not good...
Serpico_re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-17, 16:49   #2842
Quill

Oh come on Serpico!

You say Peng played low level tournaments, and I just countered you showing that she played high level tournaments (Dubai, Miami and Indian Wells) just before that.

Also, she didn't beat low ranked players (200+), but in EVERY tournament, not just once by chance, in EVERY tournament she beat top players.

That is misleading information.

Nobody says Peng cannot lose to Diyas, but give us OTHER arguments for that.
Old 28-04-17, 16:50   #2843
Quill

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL1NCUNT View Post

thread name

MAXIMUM ODDS = 2.80
Oh wow!
What's going on here??
Old 28-04-17, 17:06   #2844
Serpico_re
Freshman

Serpico_re is on a distinguished road

omg aussie, i didnt mention that she beat fewfavourites (as everyone can beat everyone)and she didnt do **** on big tours for a long time, pass r16 and then its a lie and misleading info? hehe never mind
Serpico_re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-17, 21:05   #2845
Dimitri
Freshman

Dimitri is on a distinguished road

Interwetten, StanJames, 10bet, Betsafe... actually 90% of those on the list are fake bookies that will not take any real action. Not even double-digit stakes.
You want to condition people with posting pics of their bets but you still have these joke "bookies" on the list.

Maybe the picks can get more serious, but first the whole competition needs to get serious too. Lowering the odds is a good start. Allowing only real bookies will be even better.
Dimitri is offline   Reply With Quote