This site is for adults 18+ due to gambling/betting content. If you have a problem with gambling issues, or need information, please visit:
Gambling Help Online Gamblers Anonymous Gambling Therapy Gamble Aware Jugadores Anonimos JugarBIEN BeGambleAware GamCare

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > Other sports > Basketball

Basketball Everything to do with basket !!!
PINNACLE - accept very large stakes! Low juice!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 08-12-17, 08:19   #61
Quill

Quill is on a distinguished road

Perth Wildcats vs Adelaide 36ers

These are the two highest scoring teams in the league.

The Wildcats are second on the ladder, with two games in hand.
Adelaide are third, on percentage difference behind Perth.

The Wildcats are in great form, coming after 3 consecutive wins, all away, including at play-off favourites New Zealand Breakers and Melbourne United.

Adelaide are coming after two consecutive wins themselves, so both teams in very good form.

This should be a spectacular high scoring match.

Bet: Over 172.5 @1.91
Quill is online now   Reply With Quote

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 08-12-17, 08:45   #62
Serpico_re

Serpico_re is on a distinguished road

All points to over as both teams have great scoring capabilities and were playing fast bb, but in preview on NBL website coaches are speaking only about defence defence defence...

And previous few games we saw nice defence shotdowns:

Perth stop Breakers 89:73
Adelaide stop Brisbane at 84:83

parts of interview from nbl site:

While Adelaide***8217;s defensive numbers are good, coach Wright is concerned his team aren***8217;t putting in the work required to shut down a team of Perth***8217;s quality for anywhere near 40 minutes.

***8220;We played about seven minutes of defence and were able to win the ball game,***8221; he said after the 36ers***8217; escaped Brisbane***8217;s clutches.

***8220;That makes you feel good, but the reality of it is we***8217;re not playing with the intensity we need to on defence, I think I***8217;ve got more intensity on the sideline than some of my players do on the court.

***8220;That***8217;s just not good enough, we have to do a better job, they have to challenge one another, and when they get to that level where they're challenging one another defensively we***8217;ll be better.

***8220;Right now we***8217;re not playing defence at the rate we need to.***8221;

There are no such concerns for the Wildcats, who***8217;ve held ultra-talented Melbourne and New Zealand outfits to just 132 points at 35 per cent from the field in the past 80 minutes.

They have the athleticism of Walker, Cooke and Tokoto to protect the rim from the relentless penetration of Nathan Sobey and Co, while Martin always leads the way slowing opposition guards and disrupting offences.

***8220;JP (does that) as well now, he can play some serious defence and that***8217;s where we win games, it***8217;s not at the offensive end.***8221;

Isnt this of little concern towards over 172pts???
Serpico_re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-17, 09:01   #63
Quill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpico_re View Post
All points to over as both teams have great scoring capabilities and were playing fast bb, but in preview on NBL website coaches are speaking only about defence defence defence...

And previous few games we saw nice defence shotdowns:

Perth stop Breakers 89:73
Adelaide stop Brisbane at 84:83

parts of interview from nbl site:

While Adelaide***8217;s defensive numbers are good, coach Wright is concerned his team aren***8217;t putting in the work required to shut down a team of Perth***8217;s quality for anywhere near 40 minutes.

***8220;We played about seven minutes of defence and were able to win the ball game,***8221; he said after the 36ers***8217; escaped Brisbane***8217;s clutches.

***8220;That makes you feel good, but the reality of it is we***8217;re not playing with the intensity we need to on defence, I think I***8217;ve got more intensity on the sideline than some of my players do on the court.

***8220;That***8217;s just not good enough, we have to do a better job, they have to challenge one another, and when they get to that level where they're challenging one another defensively we***8217;ll be better.

***8220;Right now we***8217;re not playing defence at the rate we need to.***8221;

There are no such concerns for the Wildcats, who***8217;ve held ultra-talented Melbourne and New Zealand outfits to just 132 points at 35 per cent from the field in the past 80 minutes.

They have the athleticism of Walker, Cooke and Tokoto to protect the rim from the relentless penetration of Nathan Sobey and Co, while Martin always leads the way slowing opposition guards and disrupting offences.

***8220;JP (does that) as well now, he can play some serious defence and that***8217;s where we win games, it***8217;s not at the offensive end.***8221;

Isnt this of little concern towards over 172pts???
I am not concerned at all.
Both teams are highest scoring for a reason and if you look at their results, both of them have quite a few matches where they allowed more than 80 points.

On another note, series matches between the same teams vary wildly even at a few days distance.

Also... talking about defence... this entire league is based on defence, all coaches talk about it, and yet it is the style of the players that affect the outcome and the kind of day they catch, a good day or a bad day.

The Wildcats was mostly defence until last year. Low on scoring.
Now they are the highest scoring too.
They play spectacular basketball, Tokoto is a delight to watch.

Adelaide are themselves a spectacular team, high scoring, who play fast basketball, trying to catch the opposition defence offguard, not to give them time to set themselves, and they don't run the clock in general.

Ultimately it is about inspiration too.
I wanted to take Wildcats for the win, but the handicap seems a bit much and Adelaide might keep it tight, as they can keep up with scoring... I'm not comfortable with it.

Good luck whichever way you want to go!
Old 08-12-17, 09:08   #64
Quill

And another thing...
Coaches talk about whatever they want, how many times the situation on court (or anywhere, depending on the sport) has been as they were saying in interviews?

Coaches were talking about shooting and scoring and envisaging high scoring matches, and then the score hardly reached the 60s.
Old 08-12-17, 10:30   #65
Serpico_re

I know what are you saying , but previous games of both teams were with not so many points, therefore maybe they are heading towards that direction. I watched few games, and NZ breakers vs Brisbane, i saw what tempo is , and those games simple cant go under, but then depends of the day of shooters, like Abercombie who went brezerk with 3pts.

i Never take seriuos this interviews but i did make some paralel with previous games and thats what i take in count.

Hendicap is big , if you consider scoring capabilities of these two teams, and i will maybe take this live if Perth take the early lead and HC rise more. I am with you on over, but i know that teams somehow first minutes are testing themsleves , probing shots and line might get lower than it could be good to take over.

thanks for answering, best regards
Old 08-12-17, 10:40   #66
Quill

And yes, it also depends on the shooting percentage, if they miss the baskets... I even saw an airball from free throw!

Let's hope they won't miss too many 3s and that the 4th qtr will be full of fouls and free throws.
Old 08-12-17, 12:08   #67
Serpico_re

yea, as it seems adelaide will hold on and if it will be close game than FT would be crucial
Old 08-12-17, 12:50   #68
Quill

Quote:
yea, as it seems adelaide will hold on and if it will be close game than FT would be crucial
I wouldn't mind an OT either.
Both teams miss a lot of shots, including "easy" ones.
Old 08-12-17, 13:47   #69
Serpico_re

ugly game, i couldnt even watch last 6 min.
Old 09-12-17, 03:00   #70
Quill

Sydney Kings vs Brisbane Bullets

The Kings are still without Lisch, Blanchfield and Ellis, although the coaching staff might push Ellis in today, as the time is running out for them to catch the play-offs.

The Bullets have started to play better, but they still are just one win above the Kings in the league basement.

The Kings do have a few players that can make a difference, like Randle, Tyler and Newley, and they had one week break to prepare for this game.
It is a do or die, must win game for them.

The Bullets are at their 4th game in 9 days, during which time they travelled on the route Adelaide-Brisbane-Auckland-Sydney, winning only once.

I'm going with the more desperate and rested team.

Bet: Sydney -4 @1.88
Old 09-12-17, 03:22   #71
Quill

Cairns Taipans vs Melbourne United

The Taipans are still without 3 key players, Carrera, Jawai and Weigh, however they did get a couple of wins even without them.
Last round they beat Sydney 80-71, however Sydney is bottom of the ladder and struggling.

These two teams met two times this season, each winning their home game at a big difference (over 20 points).
Melbourne however have improved as of last game, after they went through some special training sessions to gel the team and lift their game.
As a result, they beat Illawarra Hawks comfortably 91-73 at home.

The Taipans are at their 3rd home double this season, and in their previous two, they couldn't win back to back.
I've no reason they will succeed this time around, especially with a fired up Melbourne team, at full strength.

Bet: Melbourne win @1.90
Old 09-12-17, 07:09   #72
Serpico_re

I was waiting to see odds on Melbourne after that crucial win at home vs Illawara , and i am bit surprised to see they are dogs although not big. They still need to prove themselves to the bookies said to my self i will play them to whome ever they play as they have all players back and they need to be consistent.
Old 09-12-17, 07:26   #73
Quill

Quote:
I was waiting to see odds on Melbourne after that crucial win at home vs Illawara , and i am bit surprised to see they are dogs although not big. They still need to prove themselves to the bookies said to my self i will play them to whome ever they play as they have all players back and they need to be consistent.
They were favourites with Pinnacle (1.83) and other bookies earlier today.
Old 09-12-17, 09:04   #74
Serpico_re

huh, ok . in my local bookie they are 2.1
Old 10-12-17, 02:37   #75
Quill

Illawarra Hawks vs Perth Wildcats

The Hawks welcome back Ogilvy and Conger.
Adding to that the fact that Rotnei Clark is one of the best shooters in the league, and the Hawks are hoping to break their losing spell.

Not only they come from two consecutive defeats away from home, but they are on a long losing run against the Wildcats.

The Wildcats are in great form.
They are coming into this match on a good winning run, having posted emphatic away wins against Melbourne and New Zealand.

The Hawks struggled to beat cellar dwellers Sydney at home.

They have great shooters, but they cannot hold on to a win.

The Hawks are a fast playing team.

The Wildcats are a high scoring team too, with Tokoto and Cotton very good shooters.

The Wildcats are coming with their tails up (pun not intended).

Bet 1: Perth -1.5 @1.81
Bet 2: Over 170.5 @1.92
Old 11-12-17, 06:15   #76
Quill

Melbourne United vs Sydney Kings

A meeting between two teams that have disappointed so far.

Although Melbourne are sitting 5th, just outside the play-offs, but with two games in hand, they haven't shown the class that their players have individually, they haven't given an impression of a team. They are still hot and cold, alternating good performances with woeful ones.

Sydney just cannot get into winning mode. They have great offensive talent in Randle, Tyler, Newley, Ellis and Cadee, but somehow they cannot get the wins.

Don't know what to expect from these teams anytime they play, so considering the great scoring capabilities available in both teams (Melbourne's got Tai Wesley, Josh Boone, Majok Majok, Casper Ware, Goulding and Prather), I'll go for overs.

In their previous match this season, one month ago, Melbourne won 108-90 in this same arena.

Bet: Over 168.5 @1.85
Old 11-12-17, 08:45   #77
Palfy

Palfy is an unknown quantity at this point

Sure they have great offensive talent but without Lisch and Blanchfield they simply lack depth. Randle playing whole game, too many minutes for the first five. I'm afraid they could physically fall at the end of the game and allow free points to the opponent.
I'll try my luck with -6,5 on host.
Palfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-17, 09:12   #78
adryan87
Freshman

adryan87 is on a distinguished road

Why in first game the odd Was around 1.18 And now is ,1.3 ???
adryan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-17, 09:25   #79
Palfy

Palfy is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by adryan87 View Post
Why in first game the odd Was around 1.18 And now is ,1.3 ???
No Randle in that game
Palfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-17, 03:25   #80
Quill

Cairns Taipans vs Brisbane Bullets

The Taipans got used to playing without 3 key players, Carrera, Jawai and Weigh all out injured, and are now on a 4 wins run at home.
They are sitting just one win outside the play-off spots.

The Bullets showed some signs of improvement recently, with two wins in their last 3 matches, but one of those wins was against a struggling Sydney Kings, a team that loses just about to anyone nowadays.

The Bullets are leading the H2H 2-0 this season, but both matches were Brisbane home matches.
The Taipans are a very good team at home, all the visitors find it hard to play there, and with the H2H series on the line, I think the Taipans will win this.

The Taipans play slow basketball, they generally run the clock and all their scores at home have been low, even those with the occasional high scoring quarter. This happened when they played Illawarra and the 1st qtr was 32-25, final score 87-66.

They average 79 ppg at home, so Under should be good.

Bet 1: Cairns -4 @1.94
Bet 2: Under 159 @1.88
Old 16-12-17, 07:00   #81
Quill

Perth Wildcats vs Brisbane Bullets

The Wildcats are in great form, coming into this game on a 5-match winning streak. They are at the top of the ladder with two games in hand over the second placed New Zealand Breakers.

The Bullets are themselves in very good form, as they won 3 of their last 4 matches.
They defeated the Breakers at home and got two away wins at Sydney and Cairns.

They are hoping to cause an upset in Perth, as the Wildcats are without their star defender Damian Martin.

This would probably cause some holes in the Wildcats defence, and with Perth one of the highest scoring teams in the league and Brisbane looking to capitalize Martin's absence, I hope we will see a high scoring game.

Bet: Over 165.5 @1.91