This site is for adults 18+ due to gambling/betting content. If you have a problem with gambling issues, or need information, please visit:
Gambling Help Online Gamblers Anonymous Gambling Therapy Gamble Aware Jugadores Anonimos JugarBIEN BeGambleAware GamCare

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > Soccer >
UEFA Europa League

UEFA Europa League
Picks and analysis and discussions for UEFA Europa League games.

Bet on European football at:
BET365 Great live betting !!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 07-12-17, 00:42   #1
litost

litost is on a distinguished road
Default 07.12. 19:00 Apollon Limassol - Everton FC

Apollon Limassol - Everton FC 2.80 3.63 3.48
litost is offline   Reply With Quote

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 07-12-17, 09:49   #2
Wilson
Super Moderator

Wilson is on a distinguished road

Is there any team worst than Everton this season in Europa League, this team gave me headache so far... Since i did bet on them during the summer on preliminary round against the slovakian team Ruzomberok as they could barely win against them 1-0.

Cyprus is always a thought place no matter the team, especially as both are already out Everton could put some non usual starter in the first line up. Both . qualified teams Atalanta and Lyon failed to win in Limassol so i don't know why Everton wouldn't fail there as well, the fist game ended 2-2 in England. I guess if Apollon take this game seriously they can give some real problems to Everton. Home win is my call.
Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-17, 10:04   #3
HeatAr

HeatAr is on a distinguished road

First of all Allardyce didn't travel with his team cause he has a medical appointment. Second of all Everton have named EIGHT players who have yet to play senior football in their squad to face Apollon Limassol tomorrow night. Sandro Ramirez was set to start against Limassol but has picked up an injury. James McCarthy has not travelled with the team. And the most important thing IMO - Everton have a derby against Liverpool on Sunday at Anfield so I am pretty sure that all their attention will be towards the PL. Both teams have nothing to play for, but Apollon didn't lose at home to neither Lyon nor Atalanta so the value is with the hosts IMO, even at the moment when the odds have dropped to 2.10.
HeatAr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-17, 16:04   #4
freak13

freak13 is on a distinguished road

This one is very tricky. I can see people are tempted to bet on Appolon, but I def wouldnt ! Here are my reasons :
Uncle Sam is a different kind of animal. He wouldnt allow his team to go down with results they had in previous round again even if he is not there. I expect a very comptact display from Everton today. Bare in mind, with all the players Everton bought this summer, they can easily field 2 teams pretty equal to quality ! So A or B team, Everton can be dangerous. Another thing, with the new coach now in, everyone will want to play their best and impress, because the manager is yet figuring out his best eleven. Odds on Apollon are way to low and would not touch them if my life depended on it.
Value is on Everton here.
Everton or Draw 1.88
Good luck !
freak13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-17, 16:37   #5
Get Real!

Get Real! is on a distinguished road

Many of Everton's stars have not arrived in Cyprus for this match so that they will be fit to play against Liverpool and I can understand that because this match has become pointless and Apollon does play a bit on the rough side; getting red cards is not uncommon for them although they are mellowing down a bit lately.

However, even if Everton were to field their best side, Apollon have already proven in England that they are no pushovers.

Unlike boring APOEL's useless one-trick pony (Pote/Camargo), Apollon has an impressive array of goal scoring stars that can convert half-chances when given including…

Sachetti, Da Silva, Zelaya, Pedro, Papoulis, Schembri, Sardinero, Jakolis, Maglica

Most of which are available for tonight's match and they are definitely the most exciting team to watch this season in the Cypriot league.

Apollon played attacking football in all their group matches except for the one in Italy against Atalanta because they COULDN'T! Atalanta proved too strong to allow it. Of course, attacking football also means that you open up in the back and Apollon's defense is not the greatest!

My prediction here is a 1X.
Get Real! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-17, 17:31   #6
Dex

Dex is an unknown quantity at this point

Apollon on "home" turf is a decent team but Everton in away games is pure c**p.
Everton last away win is in game with Ruzomberok but this was 03.08.2017. and since then they manage four draws in eleven games ....
Apollon to win here is no brainer for me here and without "resting players" Everton cannot do much here. Yes Apollon play on the edge but this is meaningless game for both of them and I don't think that this will be rough game, maybe Apollon will play for pride but for Everton is just one to do game in this years blow out season.

Apollon @ 2,ish is pretty decent bet here
Morgan Schneiderlin to be booked is the best bet tonight (where available)
Dex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-17, 18:07   #7
litost

litost is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatAr View Post
Sandro Ramirez was set to start against Limassol but has picked up an injury.

hes on winter market so probably one of those "injuries"
litost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-17, 20:48   #8
HeatAr

HeatAr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by freak13 View Post
This one is very tricky. I can see people are tempted to bet on Appolon, but I def wouldnt ! Here are my reasons :
Uncle Sam is a different kind of animal. He wouldnt allow his team to go down with results they had in previous round again even if he is not there. I expect a very comptact display from Everton today. Bare in mind, with all the players Everton bought this summer, they can easily field 2 teams pretty equal to quality ! So A or B team, Everton can be dangerous. Another thing, with the new coach now in, everyone will want to play their best and impress, because the manager is yet figuring out his best eleven. Odds on Apollon are way to low and would not touch them if my life depended on it.
Value is on Everton here.
Everton or Draw 1.88
Good luck !
It turns out I got it wrong, good call, mate!
I am definitely looking forward to the Merseyside derby and I am pretty sure Everton will be able to snatch at least a point from Liverpool.
HeatAr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-17, 20:53   #9
Get Real!

This ref was an absolute **** disallowing Apollon's goal in the first half and then purposely dodging a penalty with that clear handball by the Everton defender. This match was decided by the ref.
Old 07-12-17, 22:34   #10
freak13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Real! View Post
This ref was an absolute **** disallowing Apollon's goal in the first half and then purposely dodging a penalty with that clear handball by the Everton defender. This match was decided by the ref.
No match that ends up 0-3 is decided by the ref mate.

Got a feeling as well Everton can pick at least a point against Liverpool
Old 08-12-17, 01:58   #11
Get Real!

Quote:
Originally Posted by freak13
No match that ends up 0-3 is decided by the ref mate.

Got a feeling as well Everton can pick at least a point against Liverpool
When you deny a legitimate change in the scoreline you modify the course of the rest of the game and in this match it was done TWICE against the hosts.

This isn't Barca that won't care because they'll get another 15 opportunities to score you know...
Old 08-12-17, 08:41   #12
freak13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Real! View Post
When you deny a legitimate change in the scoreline you modify the course of the rest of the game and in this match it was done TWICE against the hosts.

This isn't Barca that won't care because they'll get another 15 opportunities to score you know...
True, and just because they didnt get 2 decisions in their favour, doesnt mean they would have won or got a point from the game.
Old 08-12-17, 18:17   #13
Dex

Dex is an unknown quantity at this point

damn Apollon fixers
Dex is offline   Reply With Quote