BWIN Pinnacle 888sport Bet365 10BET Gamebookers Betfair BET-AT-HOME Expekt 5Dimes CANBET

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > Soccer >
UEFA Europa League

UEFA Europa League
Picks and analysis and discussions for UEFA Europa League games.

Bet on European football at:
BET365
100% bonus for new clients, superb odds and great live betting !!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 22-05-17, 07:49   #1
Linke_Tony
Freshman

Linke_Tony is on a distinguished road
Default Ajax - Manchester United

According to the bookies, Ajax is a huge underdog. I think they underestimate Ajax though and overestimate Manchester United. I can see Ajax winning within regular time, and odds @4.70 at Unibet are pretty good.

I've also seen home team to score 3 goals or more. This is a pretty crazy one, but if Ajax is playing well, as it has done in the entire tournament, this is not so unrealistic in my opinion. Odds @13.00 at Unibet seem juicy. Ajax is known for it that they keep attacking even if it is 2-1 or 2-0.

What do you guys think?
Linke_Tony is offline   Reply With Quote

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 22-05-17, 14:09   #2
Abel3200
Freshman

Abel3200 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linke_Tony View Post
According to the bookies, Ajax is a huge underdog. I think they underestimate Ajax though and overestimate Manchester United. I can see Ajax winning within regular time, and odds @4.70 at Unibet are pretty good.

I've also seen home team to score 3 goals or more. This is a pretty crazy one, but if Ajax is playing well, as it has done in the entire tournament, this is not so unrealistic in my opinion. Odds @13.00 at Unibet seem juicy. Ajax is known for it that they keep attacking even if it is 2-1 or 2-0.

What do you guys think?
I agree that @4,7 looks nice.
disagree with 3goals though, MU's defence is simply too good,- all the teams that received many from Ajax had horrible defence. if Legia can contain Ajax, MU should limit them to maximum 2 I think..
Abel3200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-17, 23:31   #3
nakedtons

nakedtons has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I see experience playing a big part in this game. Ajax is basically a "home" team and performs only average away without a roaring home crowd.

Manchester United's experience and extra quality even without Ibrahimovic should prove too much for Ajax to handle. Lyon may actually stand a better chance in the final had they not squandered a sitter in the 2nd leg.

Manchester United have sacrificed their domestic season towards the end to bank on getting through to the Champions League by winning the Europa League. They will give their best to win it. I just don't see how the young guns of Ajax will contain the likes of Pogba, Mkhitaryan, Mata, Martial, Rashford, Rooney etc while Dolberg should be easily contained by a tight United defense.
nakedtons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-17, 23:53   #4
betcatalog

betcatalog is on a distinguished road

Mourinho's logic is the right defensive function, keeping zero in the defense and in front of it will get some goals, in the last seven matches he gave to the institution was under three goals. In a final it's all open, but Manchester United is well versed in Ajax with many young players, and Mourinho is back in the same position and knows how to prepare his team. The conquest by the English men is very low and there is no value, so I will go with the few goals, because I do not think any team risk too, but Manchester makes very small scores
AJAX AMSTERDAM vs MANCHESTER UNITED @@+2.50 Under, odds 1.66
--
Europa League Final
betcatalog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-17, 06:51   #5
fc arges

fc arges is on a distinguished road

You kinda right abou Mourinho's logic BUT dont forget they are facing thet greatest football school in the world! Many great players and coaches raised from here so the knowledge is high in preparing a high lvl match like this!
fc arges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-17, 11:22   #6
supotsichekwa
Freshman

supotsichekwa is on a distinguished road

United need to focus in this match we all know that they will be affected with the Manchester attack recently. And I agree with Phil Neville comment that United need to be on front foot using Jesse Lingard and Rashford
supotsichekwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-17, 11:37   #7
KL1NCUNT

KL1NCUNT is an unknown quantity at this point

Rashford to score @ 2.50

5/10
KL1NCUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-17, 11:38   #8
KL1NCUNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by supotsichekwa View Post
we all know that they will be affected with the Manchester attack recently.
no they won't, no offense to the victims but if no one that players knew suffered, they literally don't care and it won't affect them at all, trust me.

all this social media "prayers and thoughts" is just insencere bullshit I can guarantee none of them are praying, majority of those people do not even care,they are just typing that so others can see it on social media

so yeah, they won't be affected by the bombings at all
Old 24-05-17, 12:39   #9
Quill

Quill is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL1NCUNT View Post
no they won't, no offense to the victims but if no one that players knew suffered, they literally don't care and it won't affect them at all, trust me.

all this social media "prayers and thoughts" is just insencere bullshit I can guarantee none of them are praying, majority of those people do not even care,they are just typing that so others can see it on social media

so yeah, they won't be affected by the bombings at all
Completely agree here.

It's like... we are affected by the tragedy, so we are losing the game.
And since we are affected by this tragedy, we dedicate the defeat to the families of the victims.

How does that sound?

Or...
Ajax sympathize with Man Utd for the tragedy, you know, it affects the entire community, therefore they will let Man Utd win, and they dedicate their defeat as an offering to the families....

How's this for bull?

Same like the "tipsters" on this forum who give as argument for their overs bet the fact that the teams play for the fans.

We let in a couple of goals to entertain the fans, and we dedicate the defeat to you, the fans whom we love so much!

Here's another defeat for you, this time we let in 4 goals, to make it more entertaining.

Or because we couldn't score ourselves, we let in a few goals to entertain you.

THE MONEY!!
Everyone of you watched Jerry McGuire, show me the money!!
You saw that player, show me the money or else I won't play!

What more do you want??
Quill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-17, 13:33   #10
Bettingmind
Freshman

Bettingmind is on a distinguished road

Man. United should prevail here and the recent odds increase makes another trophy for Mou even more tasty to bet on:

http://bettingmind.com/football/EU/u.../betting-tips/
Bettingmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-17, 16:00   #11
KL1NCUNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quill View Post
Completely agree here.

It's like... we are affected by the tragedy, so we are losing the game.
And since we are affected by this tragedy, we dedicate the defeat to the families of the victims.

How does that sound?

Or...
Ajax sympathize with Man Utd for the tragedy, you know, it affects the entire community, therefore they will let Man Utd win, and they dedicate their defeat as an offering to the families....

How's this for bull?

Same like the "tipsters" on this forum who give as argument for their overs bet the fact that the teams play for the fans.

We let in a couple of goals to entertain the fans, and we dedicate the defeat to you, the fans whom we love so much!

Here's another defeat for you, this time we let in 4 goals, to make it more entertaining.

Or because we couldn't score ourselves, we let in a few goals to entertain you.

THE MONEY!!
Everyone of you watched Jerry McGuire, show me the money!!
You saw that player, show me the money or else I won't play!

What more do you want??

LMAO!!
Old 24-05-17, 17:48   #12
fc arges

Nice talk about the match!

Sorry guys but i'm on Ajax! Dont forget that MU was a complete mess all season while Ajax had a low start in league ! Yeah it's MU's chance to go in CHL and the throphy is on the 2nd place! Rashford saved them in may matches and you think that Ajax's staff didnt make the homework? For me the only ones to score at MU are Pogba and Mata!
Old 24-05-17, 18:10   #13
Stefan1983
Freshman

Stefan1983 is on a distinguished road

Younes will not be chasing Valencia when he moves forward, leftback as well is problem with Ajax so I expect a lot of danger to come over Man U right wing, this might be where game is decided
Stefan1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-17, 18:20   #14
Abel3200
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan1983 View Post
Younes will not be chasing Valencia when he moves forward, leftback as well is problem with Ajax so I expect a lot of danger to come over Man U right wing, this might be where game is decided
with ibra and fellaini out, is there anyone to to cross the ball to? valencia is an insanely good player for me, but i dont think MU will do much wingering and crossing.. i dont know why, but pogba is not used much as an aerial threat in attack (maybe he's bad with headers..?)
Old 24-05-17, 18:29   #15
Abel3200
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc arges View Post
Nice talk about the match!

Sorry guys but i'm on Ajax! Dont forget that MU was a complete mess all season while Ajax had a low start in league ! Yeah it's MU's chance to go in CHL and the throphy is on the 2nd place! Rashford saved them in may matches and you think that Ajax's staff didnt make the homework? For me the only ones to score at MU are Pogba and Mata!
and i agree with arges, MU scrapped wins in EVERY round of EL.
rostov - scrape
anderlecht - scrapped in extra time
celta - should have received 2nd goal in 95th minute and gone home.
ajax is horrible at keeping the result and killing the match though... i kinda fancy some team to win from behind, but cant figure out which is more probable any thoughts?
Old 24-05-17, 18:33   #16
Abel3200
Freshman

and how big of a factor you guys think louis van gaal could be? he is dutch (as ajax), he was thrown out like a dog from manchester last season, AND he was mourinho's mentor some time ago. i think i read something somewhere that LVG is advicing ajax on how to beat MU,- i wonder if such things have a lot of importance these days?
Old 24-05-17, 18:44   #17
fc arges

I think they do...any good informations about a club is good but still LVG had a diff team than MOU...and yeah Ajax is bad at keeping results...i have in mind the match agains Lyon :facepalm:

Still i think we should see goals and BTS it's a good bet
Old 24-05-17, 19:09   #18
f1ght3r

f1ght3r is an unknown quantity at this point

for me its interesting where exactly pogba will play. there's been a lot of criticism tht the frenchman is being played too deep (i share that opinion too) and could play much better higher up. i agree experience will play a big part here and one more thing - the man utd players are used to play very physical football and in high intensity games in general as EPL is that kind of league whereas ajax play more technical as that suits them and works well in eredivisie. we've seen it over the years when ajax played in UCL that against top eu teams they really struggle and often concede relatively easily. even against lyon.. who are not particularly tall and strong physically there were obvious weaknesses in ajax's game.

mata, pogba, mkhitaryan and rashford starting.. i simply find it hard to believe ajax could stop them, especially with de ligt in defense. frankly put, ajax has only 1 world class defender and that's davinson sanchez, all the others are so-so.. and veltman is being played out of position really. de gea isnt starting however and that in my opinion is a major drawback for MU in terms of defensive security. i can see this game going both to score but am not going to place any bet unless ajax starts off well and their passing pattern works. since i dont know if that will be the case i'd rather not risk any money (anymore) on games where the circumstances are unfavourable
f1ght3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-17, 19:23   #19
inv

inv is on a distinguished road

everyone here forgot how MU outplayed Chelsea when it matter...
inv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-17, 19:40   #20
Abel3200
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by inv View Post
everyone here forgot how MU outplayed Chelsea when it matter...
how exactly did it matter...?
they got demolished by chelsea in FA semifinal, thats where it really mattered,- and they couldn't even cross the halfline despite being 1-0 down for 40 minutes
Old 24-05-17, 20:14   #21
inv

inv is on a distinguished road

inv is offline   Reply With Quote