This site is for adults 18+ due to gambling/betting content. If you have a problem with gambling issues, or need information, please visit:
Gambling Help Online Gamblers Anonymous Gambling Therapy Gamble Aware Jugadores Anonimos JugarBIEN BeGambleAware GamCare

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > Soccer >
Internationals/Friendlies

Internationals/Friendlies
Analysis and discussions (and predictions) for Internationals and friendly soccer games.

PINNACLE - accept very large stakes! Low juice!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 05-06-18, 22:28   #1
litost

litost is on a distinguished road
Default GR B - 1st Round 15.06. 16:00 Morocco - Iran

15.06. 16:00 Morocco - Iran 2.45 3.05 3.64

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 11-06-18, 12:42   #2
litost

Under 2 1.72 medium stakes

hard to pick winner here ..first game is always tight and not on full speed ... speculative more than anything .... both shall be not easy rivals for big group units sp and por .. but should nullify each other at this one ...
Old 12-06-18, 19:14   #3
MarianoV6

MarianoV6 is an unknown quantity at this point

A game in which i have no interest at all and i game i wont put my money on, so it's my theory over the outcome.

Morocco? To be honest, i have only very little opinion about them and just a little more over Iran.

For Iran i can say that they have a fighting team and a coach (Queiroz) that doesn't like very much to play attacking football when result matters. They have also a couple of skillful players.

But since both of them will face much better teams, Spain and Portugal, IF they want to have any hope at all, there must be a winner at this game. This might lead in a bts result or in an neutralizing each other game which will end in a 0-0.

A typical no bet game for me and i'm moving on
MarianoV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-18, 10:13   #4
WiserthantheCrowd

WiserthantheCrowd is on a distinguished road

I believe Morocco is clearly the better side and should edge this one with a low score. Morocco DNB at 1.6 seems the safest bet here.
WiserthantheCrowd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-18, 16:11   #5
litost

Iran +.5 1.75 low/medium

cants see why such favouritism for NA newcomers ..iran established side under same helm for long .... with way more flair than 4 years ago having units on ranks shining in greek or dutch leagues plus their domestic league is about the more serious there to the east of europe .....

morocco well coached ... country crazy about footie ... well see if they can handle nerves and pressure .... persians loock as cool as a hankerchief at times if u ask me
Old 13-06-18, 17:52   #6
WiserthantheCrowd

That's true. I like Jahanbaksh (top scorer in the Eredivisie) and Azmoun... They can pose a threat... But their attack is straightforward... I believe Morocco will win the battle in midfield and has a better defense... Since the Moroccans all play in top leagues, they won't have stagefright. I can't see the Iranians having it either... Qualifying in Africa is obviously so much more difficult than in Asia and Morocco edged Ivory Coast... I think Morocco will find the net but Iran won't.

Last edited by WiserthantheCrowd; 13-06-18 at 18:22.
Old 13-06-18, 18:16   #7
litost

yep i agree .. on paper morocco has better defenders in top leagues ..

but iran plays togueter for so long ... and CAF is tough but not for footballing matters but huge home advantages .. pitches ... refs ... as long as there is enough organitation on Fa u have allreay a big plus vs other sides that change coach and players every 2 days ..

north africans usually are more serious ...
Old 13-06-18, 18:57   #8
Miccho

Miccho is on a distinguished road

Litost, what do u mean by "more established side"? If Morocco was playing in Asia, they would have qualified for every single tournament. And if Iran was playing in Africa, they could have had a long dry spell without going to the WC.

Iran being more regular at WC does NOT mean they are a more established or better team than Morocco. In this case it means they play in the weakest confederation.
Miccho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-18, 19:18   #9
WiserthantheCrowd

I think he means that they've been together a long time and have experience playing at World Cups... One thing that is interesting about Morocco is that every one of their starters in the recent friendly against Slovakia had dual nationality... This is a pretty international crowd... Renard speaks French and English to them and has his talks translated into Arabic... Given that this group of players is so international, I'd imagine they could feel at home anywhere and will settle in readily wherever they are... This could be an advantage for Morocco - we shall see... A lot of the Iranians, on the other hand, play in their local league and have never lived or spent significant time abroad. The only international experience they have is playing in the Asian Champions League and even though there is intense political rivalry between Iran and some of the Gulf states, the Gulf fans are very civilized during the matches so they're not really confronted with hostility on or off the pitch. I'd imagine the same holds true for Russia. They have no beef with Iran... Nonetheless, I could see the Moroccans settling in more easily and Oueiroz has complained that he didn't have enough time to prepare with the team because the Iranian Football Association was prioritizing the Asian club championships.
Old 14-06-18, 08:05   #10
Palini

Palini is on a distinguished road

National team coaches always complain about not enough time for preparations, no? Except maybe for Hiddink in South Korea prior to that 2002 WC...

There is never enough time, that's probably why teams that keep it safe & simple (remember for exampel Wales and Iceland in the last EC) or play on continously with the same players and same coach will fare better, imho. Football after all is a team sport.

I know very little of this Iran or the quality about Asian football in general, but only 2(?!) conceded goals in 10 qualifactions games (and both those goals was conceded in the last game (Syria 2-2) when they since long time where already qualified) has to mean something, no matter what the quality was.

Last edited by Palini; 14-06-18 at 08:20.
Palini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-18, 18:45   #11
MarianoV6

MarianoV6 is an unknown quantity at this point

A team of Turkish referees led by Cuneyt Cakir will officiate the 2018 FIFA World Cup match between Iran and Morocco

for his stats, here

http://forum.bettingadvice.com/showthread.php?t=110143

Last edited by MarianoV6; 14-06-18 at 18:51.
MarianoV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-18, 20:45   #12
litost

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiserthantheCrowd View Post
I think he means that they've been together a long time and have experience playing at World Cups...
indeed when i use this sentence reg a team ... more stablished ... or plain stablished ..

i refer to that .. playing long under same helm .. (successfully to som extent ) ..

WC exp may be not such a big factor ..

i think we all agree stablished sides can always step up at given moments rather than sides still on building process ... but thats not huge factor .. and morocco also built through qualifying campaign ...
Old 15-06-18, 10:50   #13
ali van basten
Freshman

ali van basten is on a distinguished road

Iran will be one of the most regular teams with Queiroz
They are very close-packed, and there's also a young team and runner who, if they want to play defenses, they will be very difficult to open, and they are very good in counter-attack.
Throw the goalkeeper's hands to look for a counterattack.
Good luck guys.
ali van basten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-18, 15:01   #14
nakedtons

nakedtons has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Iran has Dutch Eredivisie top scorer. I watched Iran. They are a better team than Korea.
nakedtons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-18, 17:49   #15
sirac

sirac is on a distinguished road

Crap teams. Iran looked more compact indeed but such negative tactics, faking injuries, harsh tackles, stealing time, bunker defense, just ugly. Morocco are damn impotent and low quality team, well coached indeed but except the great start they were utterly crap and i can not see how any of this can trouble Spain or Portugal, i mean difference in quality looks huge to me.
Old 16-06-18, 16:46   #16
litost

after losing last minute i can see morocco feeling pressure and receive by pairs vs spain or portugal .... they have nice game and players but too soft in both areas ...

achraf regular says it all .... hes fast but needs alot of games to know all his trade at defending and going back .....