This site is for adults 18+ due to gambling/betting content. If you have a problem with gambling issues, or need information, please visit:
Gambling Help Online Gamblers Anonymous Gambling Therapy Gamble Aware Jugadores Anonimos JugarBIEN BeGambleAware GamCare

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > Soccer >
Internationals/Friendlies

Internationals/Friendlies
Analysis and discussions (and predictions) for Internationals and friendly soccer games.

PINNACLE - accept very large stakes! Low juice!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 05-06-18, 22:26   #1
litost

litost is on a distinguished road
Default 15.06. 13:00 Egypt - Uruguay

15.06. 13:00 Egypt - Uruguay 7.30 3.90 1.65

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 13-06-18, 15:59   #2
litost

litost is on a distinguished road

is salah fit !?

i think we shall see first surprise here ...

charruas i still think they lack smthg ... in their midfield game .... usually do better vs big guns as non favourite than vs supoused weaker sides...

watched egypt vs colombia and belgium and they look like a side that can eat grass and defend .. the big ? is their ancient keeper ... ? will he be up for it supousing he has class enough even if he was 20smthg ?? ....

probably celestes will win it on wit alone couse suarez and cavani have no pear upfront ... but i see this cagey and wether salah or not perhaps surprise ... pharaohs the new argelia of this wc recahing last 8 ?
Old 14-06-18, 17:09   #3
Macot
Super Moderator

Macot is on a distinguished road

Any news about Salah? I am thinking about Egypt to score @1,75 or more.
Also, I expect Uruguay to give more space than usually and Egypt can be dangerous even without Momo.
Old 14-06-18, 17:10   #4
Macot
Super Moderator

OK; BBC confirmed:

TEAM NEWS
Egypt forward Mohamed Salah is "almost 100%" certain to play in Friday's World Cup opener against Uruguay in Yekaterinburg, says boss Hector Cuper.

Salah, 25, has not played since injuring shoulder ligaments during Liverpool's Champions League final defeat by Real Madrid on 26 May.

"I can almost assure you 100% he will play, save unforeseen circumstances at the very last minute," said Cuper.

"He could become the top goalscorer here and one of the greatest players."

Cuper said Salah was "doing very well" and had recovered "very, very quickly".

He added: "We're trying to make him feel confident. The doctors are giving him the option to play or not, but I know Salah very well and I'm sure he's not afraid, he's not fearful."

Defender Ali Gabr should also be fit to play after bruising his face in training.

Uruguay, meanwhile, are expected to name a youthful midfield featuring 20 year-old Rodrigo Bentancur and Nahitan Nandez, 22.

But they boast plenty of experience elsewhere, not least the potent frontline of Luis Suarez and Edinson Cavani.
Old 14-06-18, 18:43   #5
MarianoV6

MarianoV6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Bjorn Kuipers, from the Netherlands, will officiate the 2018 FIFA World Cup match between Egypt and Uruguay

for his stats, here

http://forum.bettingadvice.com/showthread.php?t=110143
MarianoV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-18, 21:08   #6
Macot
Super Moderator

I have two bets in my mind. The first one, as I already mentioned is Egypt to score. Momo will play, but Cuper is known for good organization of his teams, not offensive oriented, that could be a problem - or not. But on the other side, why I would bet on Egypt to score @1,74 when I can get @2,30 on over 2,5 goals... I mean, if Egypt score, Uruguay will start to press with their fantastic attacking duo and I can not see them not scoring... And if Egypt dont score, the first bet is lost surely and the second one can still win.
So I could well take over 2,5 goals here.
We will see...
Old 15-06-18, 02:03   #7
latortuga

latortuga is on a distinguished road

No doubt Egypt will be happy for a draw here if they can get it. Salah or no Salah doesn't change that for me and if you watched Egypt against Colombia it seems logical that they used that game as a rehearsal for this one. Egypt sat deep, played organised and had their forwards work hard to slow the build up. It was what you expect to see from a Cuper side and I'd be surprised by anything else. Uruguay would much prefer to see a team come at them then sit in and I'm not convinced that this Uruguay team has the creativity in midfield to open up a team that sets up in this way. They have some good youngsters coming through in that area - Torreira, Nandez - but it's a lot to ask in their first WC.

It's also worth noting that Uruguay's record in world cup game 1's is horrid having failed to win in their last 6. I wouldn't be confident trusting them with my money at such short odds.

This game has the potential to turn a bit niggly if Salah plays and Uruguay play 'stretch armstrong' with his shoulder. It's early in the tournament and this isn't the best referee for the occasion but there is a case to be made for cards.

Just my early thoughts...
latortuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-18, 04:07   #8
Rado

Rado is on a distinguished road

As you all know Salah, I also would advice you to be aware of an other talent on the other wing who is called Trezeguet. He is not a world-class winger like Salah but a quality player for sure. He is already linked with some Premier League clubs. I don't have any pre-game bet for this game. I prefer to bet after seeing how the things go on during the game.
Old 15-06-18, 06:21   #9
seppy
Freshman

seppy is on a distinguished road

Takes alot more to be considered world class winger. He isnt and probably never be unless he plays as this year for straight several seasons.
seppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-18, 07:35   #10
MarianoV6

Having in mind my last post at the Russia v Saudi Arabia thread, i think both teams wont risk very much (hello Cuper) and this should end an under. Of course this is football, of course everything can happen, i'm just saying what the logic says taking in mind the qualification criteria
Old 15-06-18, 09:06   #11
nicls
Freshman

nicls is on a distinguished road

Do you have some bets on that match ?

red card ? penalty ? both to score and uruguay win ? or too riskY ?

Suarez @2.19
Cavani @ 2.19

who scores penalty in the team ?

Last edited by nicls; 15-06-18 at 09:14.
nicls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-18, 09:18   #12
Cuore2010
Freshman

Cuore2010 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicls View Post
Do you have some bets on that match ?

red card ? penalty ? both to score and uruguay win ? or too riskY ?

Suarez @2.19
Cavani @ 2.19

who scores penalty in the team ?
As far as I know Cavani is the 1st & regular Penalty taker for Uruguay

I would't touch any of those bets though, don't see enough value considering the risks. I personally expect a very close & underish game here, but hope to be wrong.
Cuore2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-18, 11:06   #13
inv

inv is on a distinguished road

Suarez took the penalty against Uzbekistan one week ago & against Czech in march.

Uruguay is also dangerous from set pieces with Godin & Gimenez.

Last edited by inv; 15-06-18 at 11:53.
inv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-18, 11:32   #14
Samsula

Samsula has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Officially no Salah in starting 11..

Last edited by Samsula; 15-06-18 at 11:40.
Samsula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-18, 13:55   #15
latortuga

latortuga is on a distinguished road

HT 0-0...nothing unexpected so far. Suarez with a pretty good chance that you'd expect him to take.

Egypt aren't really threatening much and it's allowing Uruguay's full backs - mainly Varela - to bomb forward and hit crosses. If this continues Uruguay should score 2nd half.
latortuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-18, 14:03   #16
waterbug
Freshman

waterbug is on a distinguished road
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by latortuga View Post
HT 0-0...nothing unexpected so far. Suarez with a pretty good chance that you'd expect him to take.

Egypt aren't really threatening much and it's allowing Uruguay's full backs - mainly Varela - to bomb forward and hit crosses. If this continues Uruguay should score 2nd half.
Sarah is not.on the pitch. second half imo he.will play
waterbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-18, 15:04   #17
Dulle Rocco

Dulle Rocco has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Salah,Salah...stop with Salah.Who is he???Mix Messi/Ronaldo/Kane???I`m so happy for Uruguay win.
Dulle Rocco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-18, 15:07   #18
KL1NCUNT

KL1NCUNT is an unknown quantity at this point

Carlos Sanchez must start for Uruguay, I don't know what they're thinking. He's a beast in Liga MX for Monterrey Rayados and he's also their captain. He's very physically strong, fit and can pass well and shoot from big distance and score beauties.

Also Suarez is absolute mug, Cavani is so much better and they need to build this team around Cavani and not around Suarez.
KL1NCUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-18, 15:13   #19
Miccho

Miccho is on a distinguished road

Poor game by Uruguay, a lot of mistakes in the midfield, lack of rhythm. Nevertheless, even when playing poor, the created 4 clean chances to score.

Egypt tried to play very defensive, but their defense seems poor. No threat whatsoever going forward without Mo Salah.

Russia DNB is a very solid bet vs Egypt. The Russians won't lose and very likely will grab the win, riding on their enthusiasm after crashing Saudis.
Miccho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-18, 15:25   #20
alwaysbesttip

alwaysbesttip is on a distinguished road

Miccho

totally agree, very poor match by Uru against such a poor Egypt
Russian have very good chance to take won against Uru

last standing ))

Russian 9 pts
Uruguay 6 pts
Egypt 3 Pts
S.Arabyia 0 pts
alwaysbesttip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-18, 15:29   #21
sirac

sirac is on a distinguished road

Yep Pharaons showed very little going forward altgough they were in some good positions but they obviously lack quality, nothing from the lad Trezeguet. Uruguay played safe, i beluece they played below 75 % of their capacity, really not forced any issue knowing a draw isnt the end of the world, but they showed much better quality going forward especially Cavani but they also created little and must be taken into consideration they arent having much creativity in midfield, they are looking underish but i believe they can be better.
Old 15-06-18, 15:37   #22
Miccho

Miccho is on a distinguished road

It is interesting to see how Group B will develop and whether Russia will beat Egypt.

Then we will know if Uruguay might be motivated to go for some big win vs pathetic Saudis. If this game today had ended in a draw, I would have immediately put my money on big Uruguay win, but now will probably wait. But Cavani and Suarez will be hungry to score a few goals after misfiring today.
Miccho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-18, 15:57   #23
Prija
Super Moderator

Prija is on a distinguished road

Let's see what happens with Salah, regardless we should be careful, worst thing to do when betting on a tournament is to overreact after the first game. Russia v Egypt should be completely different style of football for both compared to what they played against in the first match.
Old 15-06-18, 16:04   #24
MarianoV6

there is a chance that Uruguay is interesting to finish second and choose Portugal as next opponents, not something to take out of mind. We will see