This site is for adults 18+ due to gambling/betting content. If you have a problem with gambling issues, or need information, please visit:
Gambling Help Online Gamblers Anonymous Gambling Therapy Gamble Aware Jugadores Anonimos JugarBIEN BeGambleAware GamCare

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > Soccer >
Internationals/Friendlies

Internationals/Friendlies
Analysis and discussions (and predictions) for Internationals and friendly soccer games.

PINNACLE - accept very large stakes! Low juice!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 03-05-18, 14:45   #1
Macot
Super Moderator

Macot is on a distinguished road
Default WORLD CUP Group E

17 Jun 2018 1 X 2 B's
14:00 Costa Rica - Serbia 4.07 3.39 2.00
20:00 Brazil - Switzerland 1.37 4.88 9.41
22 Jun 2018 1 X 2 B's
14:00 Brazil - Costa Rica 1.24 6.26 13.53
20:00 Serbia - Switzerland 2.90 3.18 2.61
27 Jun 2018 1 X 2 B's
20:00 Serbia - Brazil 8.63 4.73 1.39
20:00 Switzerland - Costa Rica 1.84 3.50 4.62

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 29-05-18, 11:43   #2
Mert K.
Freshman

Mert K. is an unknown quantity at this point

I've got a question, if you were to choose between Switzerland and Costa Rica, which game would you prefer in terms of a Brazil win?

Costa Rica is a defensive minded team with Navas, Switzerland has more quality on paper but their defensive quality is doubtful imo. Opening games tend to produce more surprises so I'm leaning towards the Costa Rica game.

Please don't take odds into account for this question.
Mert K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-18, 18:11   #3
Miccho

Miccho is on a distinguished road

I'd personally chose the Swiss game. I don't agree that "opening games produce more suprises". Yes, if it is the opening game of the whole tournament, this is true, but not for each starting game of the top teams.

Brazil will be more motivated against Switzerland and will be more motivated in their first game. Costa Rica are defensive team and sometimes a very nasty one, unlike Switzerland, which are at least not aggressive and dirty team.
Miccho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-18, 18:48   #4
Macot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miccho View Post
I'd personally chose the Swiss game. I don't agree that "opening games produce more suprises". Yes, if it is the opening game of the whole tournament, this is true, but not for each starting game of the top teams.

Brazil will be more motivated against Switzerland and will be more motivated in their first game. Costa Rica are defensive team and sometimes a very nasty one, unlike Switzerland, which are at least not aggressive and dirty team.
On the other side, South American and Mid American teams have huge respect of Brasil, I would even say they are afraid badly. I am sure Swiss will show respect, too but they I think they will give the better fight. I think Brasil will win both at the end, but i would rather bet against Costa Rica.
Old 29-05-18, 18:50   #5
Mert K.
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miccho View Post

Thanks for the reply Miccho.
Old 29-05-18, 20:23   #6
Miccho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macot View Post
On the other side, South American and Mid American teams have huge respect of Brasil, I would even say they are afraid badly. I am sure Swiss will show respect, too but they I think they will give the better fight. I think Brasil will win both at the end, but i would rather bet against Costa Rica.
Costa Rica doesn't play against Brazil, so they don't have this "fear", which South American teams might have.

Swiss game is more "attractive" for the Brazilians, as Switzerland has some famous players, so I strongly believe they will be more motivated for this one. And motivation is crucial, when we have a clearly superior team like Brazil.

It is also important whether it is an evening game or a day-time game. Big teams in the group phase tend to be much more motivated and play with higher intensity at evening games.
Old 30-05-18, 04:02   #7
latortuga

latortuga is on a distinguished road

Let's not forget the Swiss national team's famous 2-2 result in 1950 WC!

I would go with Brazil against Costa Rica as they've played them in Copa America and WC and never failed to beat them.

But like someone mentioned above I would expect Brazil to win both games as this team looks menacing this WC.
latortuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-18, 11:17   #8
Miccho

Old 30-05-18, 13:02   #9
Mert K.
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by latortuga View Post
Let's not forget the Swiss national team's famous 2-2 result in 1950 WC!

I would go with Brazil against Costa Rica as they've played them in Copa America and WC and never failed to beat them.

But like someone mentioned above I would expect Brazil to win both games as this team looks menacing this WC.
Well Brazil's H2H against Costa Rica is a good sign. If I were to trust Brazil against the Swiss, why not trust them against Costa Rica as well? They would surely be motivated to make it 2 out of 2 and maybe guarantee the first spot. I have no clue how Serbia will perform but resting players before the knockout phase and giving subs before the knockout phase should be a priority.

Costa Rica game starts before Serbia-Switzerland so Brazil cannot go for a draw imo. I will take a look at Brazil against Croatia and decide.

Thanks for the input, any further opinions are welcome!
Old 31-05-18, 19:19   #10
WiserthantheCrowd

WiserthantheCrowd is on a distinguished road

Costa Rica are one of the squads that have had the least turnover. And while we may see many familiar faces, they won't be able to spring any surprises and won't be running faster than before. I'd really be surprised if they advance out of the group... Switzerland are solid and reliable. This is a squad that can grind out victories but Serbia seem just a tad more talented overall. On the downside, they seem less settled and Krstajic has no experience. So overall the odds here seem right. If I had to call this group, I'd go with 1.Brazil, 2. Serbia, 3. Switzerland and 4. Costa Rica but #2 and #3 could easily switch places...
WiserthantheCrowd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-18, 16:56   #11
Macot
Super Moderator

I have watched Brasil against Croatia (played in Liverpool) and Brasil played well.
First half, Dalic (Croatian coach) played with their best players and he said that half will be the general rehersal for Argentina. And they really played strongly, tight covering of Brasil strikers, Neymar did not feature in the first half. 0-0 was deserved.
In the second half, a good organised Brasil team (credits to Tito), and Neymar, dominated the match, but Crroatia gave chances to some fringe players and when MOdric exited, it was visible how they can not cope with Brasil anymore. First goal was a fantastic solo by Neymar. Second goal Croatian reserve defender (Jedvaj) mistake allowed Firmino to score in 90+3...
All in all good match and a lot of positives for both managers.
Old 03-06-18, 17:38   #12
KL1NCUNT

KL1NCUNT is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I have watched Brasil against Croatia (played in Liverpool) and Brasil played well.
First half, Dalic (Croatian coach) played with their best players and he said that half will be the general rehersal for Argentina. And they really played strongly, tight covering of Brasil strikers, Neymar did not feature in the first half. 0-0 was deserved.
In the second half, a good organised Brasil team (credits to Tito), and Neymar, dominated the match, but Crroatia gave chances to some fringe players and when MOdric exited, it was visible how they can not cope with Brasil anymore. First goal was a fantastic solo by Neymar. Second goal Croatian reserve defender (Jedvaj) mistake allowed Firmino to score in 90+3...
All in all good match and a lot of positives for both managers.
Yeah we looked really good with Vrsaljko, Lovren, Vida and Corluka but as soon as new subs came in for Vrsaljko in Jedvaj and Caleta Car some new kid for Corluka, we sucked bad.

Also Dalic will play Modric in more offensive way and Rakitic in more defensive way. Whole first half Modric was pressing forward and Rakitic went far back deep almost like CDMF

I think this is a great idea but only if we stick to it

Brazil played with 60-70 % I would say, not impressed but I know they didn't try 100 %
KL1NCUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-18, 17:54   #13
radicke

radicke is on a distinguished road

I have one question-Who the fuc* is Dalic?...I haven t heard for him.When he did play foot?In which team?...I thought that with real coach Croatia could repeat WC 98 but they should have serious coach for that...
radicke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-18, 18:00   #14
Macot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by radicke View Post
I have one question-Who the fuc* is Dalic?...I haven t heard for him.When he did play foot?In which team?...I thought that with real coach Croatia could repeat WC 98 but they should have serious coach for that...
Dalic if I remember well was a legend of Varteks, a team that played Hrvatska Liga some 10-15 years ago, pretty succesfully.
He is a solid manager and shows some really good moves in my opinion.
Old 11-06-18, 11:53   #15
latortuga

Do we have any Serbian friends who can give their opinion, views on their NT?

I'm interested to know about your defense as I've reviewed your games with Austria and it seemed to be exposed often with Matic seemingly nowhere to be seen as shield/cover. Is the system 4-4-2/4-4-1-1 with Matic playing a more box to box role because from watching him at Chelsea and Utd he really plays best in a 5 and not mobile enough to cover the field as a box to box MF.

Is your coach more offensive minded than say previous Serbian coaches?
Old 11-06-18, 17:37   #16
radicke

Tortuga,our NT didn t show big improvments from the moment when Krstajic took a lead from Muslin.We don t look stable nor truistable on the pitch.Public putting big presussure asking and trying to make influence about line up and strategy which we should use.Most of our key players from qualification didn t have good season-Tadic s Sothon save their butts in the late of season and Zivkovic wasn t impressive in Benfica while Ljajic was most of the time on bench,so as Grujic.The only player from the middle that had good season is SMS and he could be our main weapon with Mitrovic and Prijovic as a strikers.Our public put big presure on coach so he would use Ivanovic as CD(Zenit was weak this season and end 4-5 place on RPL.Nastasic was injured last two months and only Dusko Tosic had a good season in the back.Pejcinovic- regullar CD from Russian Loko-which took a crown didn t called at all while Uros Spajic who couldn t play in mediocore team like Toulouse get invited.....To cut my novel-only God knows how we will end this tournament...
Old 11-06-18, 20:34   #17
Macot
Super Moderator

Your attack looks thin to me, Mitrovi***269; needs too many chances to score and Prijovi***263;, well one good season in Greek league is no guarantee.

Midfield is always your best part, I hope we would have so much talent there...
Old 11-06-18, 20:49   #18
radicke

Quote:
Your attack looks thin to me, Mitrovi***269; needs too many chances to score and Prijovi***263;, well one good season in Greek league is no guarantee.

Midfield is always your best part, I hope we would have so much talent there...
It s already too much drama in our public.People have big expectations but no one want to change smth.All country jump when we heard our coach that captain won t be Ivanovic.And I agree with you that Mitrovic and Prijovic need too many balls but they are best that we hava available.I hope that our fresh blood from junior competition will be a motor of all results...
Old 11-06-18, 21:07   #19
Dex

Dex is an unknown quantity at this point

Guys don't underestimate Costa Rica here, on last WC they was 1st in his group in front of Uruguay, Italy and England
Dex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-18, 21:47   #20
Macot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex View Post
Guys don't underestimate Costa Rica here, on last WC they was 1st in his group in front of Uruguay, Italy and England
This time they look soft in defence though. Yes they can surprise if Serbians dont focus and give 110% but otherwise... nope.
Old 13-06-18, 02:07   #21
latortuga

Quote:
This time they look soft in defence though. Yes they can surprise if Serbians dont focus and give 110% but otherwise... nope.
Is this based solely on their performance against Belgium? They looked far more solid defensively against England so not sure it would be fair to judge them on that game alone. Besides aside from Brazil, no one in this group will replicate the sort of pressure Belgium can create when all their players are running at you from multiple angles.

Thanks Radicke

If that is truly whats going on in the Serbian camp at the moment it really does explain their performances on the field. They look like players that don't believe in what they are being asked to do and that never ends well.
Old 15-06-18, 10:01   #22
MarianoV6

MarianoV6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Costa Rica has tweeted that they have one change in their squad as Matarrita got injured in training.

https://twitter.com/fedefutbolcrc/st...92739946721280
MarianoV6 is offline   Reply With Quote