This site is for adults 18+ due to gambling/betting content. If you have a problem with gambling issues, or need information, please visit:
Gambling Help Online Gamblers Anonymous Gambling Therapy Gamble Aware Jugadores Anonimos JugarBIEN BeGambleAware GamCare

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > Soccer >
Internationals/Friendlies

Internationals/Friendlies
Analysis and discussions (and predictions) for Internationals and friendly soccer games.

PINNACLE - accept very large stakes! Low juice!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
BET365: Simply the best bookie for livebetting! PINNACLE: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 05-06-18, 22:30   #1
litost

litost is on a distinguished road
Default Group C First Round 16.06. 11:00 France - Australia

16.06. 11:00 France - Australia 1.25 6.85 17.00

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 12-06-18, 17:09   #2
MarianoV6

MarianoV6 is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.espn.com/soccer/france/st...from-adil-rami

Kylian Mbappe got injured during training today
MarianoV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-18, 19:49   #3
MarianoV6

Mbappe tweeted that he is ok, so no problem there.

I believe the class difference is very big here and it all comes down to formations and tactical approach from both teams.

My opinion is that France has a problem only when they are facing a fit and running team and Australia is not such team. They are more aggressive style team when it has to do with marking, they are not afraid to play hard and due to their level, in most cases this is leading to fouls (especially when they are facing a much fit team such France is). This will give chances to France to score either from set pieces directly or with a header inside the box.

Regarding to speed (France attack vs Australia defense), i think France is 2 class above and since France has the players to penetrate, they will also have chances to score from there too.

All in all, this comes all around France and the -1.5 bet is the obvious one in my opinion and the most safe.
Old 12-06-18, 21:42   #4
sirac

sirac is on a distinguished road

Agree. France should start with a victory but i dont know about the handi. Aussies are lacking quality, but they do have fighting spirit and will prolly be organized under new dutch coach. My worry is about very early start, 1 a clock in Kazan, not hot probably but its not about the heat, its just that players dont usually play at this hours, and are somehow out of their rhythm. Prolly France will start slow so we might get a better price in-play.
Old 15-06-18, 08:55   #5
MarianoV6

http://www.espn.com/soccer/club/fran...actics-pay-off

This is a nice and interesting article to read about France
Old 15-06-18, 09:06   #6
Miccho

Miccho is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirac View Post
Agree. France should start with a victory but i dont know about the handi. Aussies are lacking quality, but they do have fighting spirit and will prolly be organized under new dutch coach. My worry is about very early start, 1 a clock in Kazan, not hot probably but its not about the heat, its just that players dont usually play at this hours, and are somehow out of their rhythm. Prolly France will start slow so we might get a better price in-play.
In theory, this should be the easiest game, so France should try to get a big win and comfortable start. In practice, I remember France's extremely slow start at the Euro under the same coach. They began playing football only after 4 games, at 1/4 finals.

France would beat easily Australia with 3-4 goals margin, if they play at 100%. However, if they mess around, they won't cover the handicap and might even risk not winning the game at all. Aussies are mediocre, but with fighting mentality, so you can not beat them easily, if you play at 50%.
Miccho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-18, 18:38   #7
MarianoV6

Possible start for France, Giroud out

http://www.espn.com/soccer/france/st...atuidi-sources
Old 16-06-18, 06:53   #8
MarianoV6

The thing with France and Argentina (since we are expecting goals from both) is that they really don't have any opponent to thread them for the first place. It's not like Portugal v Spain or Belgium v England at their groups.

In this case, i'm not sure if they care at all for goal difference. So if they score, it should be for other reasons like: they are hungry, they want to pass a message, individual players want to show something or get a transfer, glory, for their fans or anything else.

It will be interesting to see how both coaches will approach their games, who will start and at which formation.
Old 16-06-18, 07:13   #9
MarianoV6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarianoV6 View Post
Possible start for France, Giroud out

http://www.espn.com/soccer/france/st...atuidi-sources
Looking back at their friendlies and qualification games, there is only one game in which all those mentioned in the article players played together (except Rami was at the back instead of Varane). That only game was against Italy, just before their last game against USA. At the game against USA, the formation is similar just not the players who started it. Against Italy tho, it is just the same. If we think now that Italy is an defensive and aggressive team, Australia might be a lesser version of them (with all the difference about quality of players, more sloppy tackling etc etc). And since Deschamps tried the same thing against USA then yeah, this article might be right.

For the history, France beat Italy at that friendly 3-1. Two players from the attack scored (one was a penalty) and one player from defense.

Line ups here of that friendly
https://www.flashscore.com/match/pdUJQWee/#lineups;1
Old 16-06-18, 07:56   #10
Superbet
Freshman

Superbet has a little shameless behaviour in the past

over 3.5 odd 2.8 betfair 5/10
over 4.5 odd 5 betstars 1/10

We can see good attacking game today from France. They can score 4 goals alone.

Good luck!
Superbet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-18, 09:05   #11
nicls
Freshman

nicls is on a distinguished road

Penalty @3,78
Red card 5.52
nicls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-18, 09:41   #12
Pep004
Freshman

Pep004 is on a distinguished road

France to win to nil @1,80

The national team of France has received a very good warning in the last friendly match before the World Cup against the USA, where they were enormously better side, but still allowed*the opponent several chances. Could have been even 2-0 for the USA,***8230; After all, I think that draw was actually a good thing for the team with several players with extremely high confidence. Sidibe made a crucial mistake, allowing the USA to score the first goal, but will almost surely remain in the first lineup, which is in my opinion correct. I***8217;ve said few things about French national side in first World Cup post and I am really wondering if Deschamps will finally start the match without Giroud, as in my opinion, they can play much faster, with more continuous high pressure, etc. without than with him. As said in the first post, Australia had pretty tough time with qualifications, where they almost slipped. That says a lot*of their current selection, as they almost never had huge problems with qualifications***8230; I see this match totally one-sided, where Australia will try to do some things from set-pieces, but I think that with Umtiti, Varane & co., France is a very decent side when it comes to set-pieces and aerial duels and therefore I don***8217;t expect bigger problems for the French side. It***8217;s a tricky bet, where only one goal of Australia destroys everything, but the first match is very important and for favorized teams, it***8217;s simply a need to start it in a good way. On the paper, Australia is the easiest opponent for France, and I expect 2-0 for Les Blues.

Other interesting bets, maybe even more valuable... are France -1,5, France to win the first half-time, France to win half-time/full-time, but it will be easier to get better odds in-play.

Why more valuable? Because I think that Australia might be strong enough to hold for first minutes, but then especially with Giroud on the bench, I think that pressure of France will be simply too strong, and Australians won't be able to compete...
Pep004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-18, 10:00   #13
MarianoV6

confirmed, thats the line up for France
Old 16-06-18, 10:11   #14
latortuga

latortuga is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarianoV6 View Post
Mbappe tweeted that he is ok, so no problem there.

I believe the class difference is very big here and it all comes down to formations and tactical approach from both teams.

My opinion is that France has a problem only when they are facing a fit and running team and Australia is not such team. They are more aggressive style team when it has to do with marking, they are not afraid to play hard and due to their level, in most cases this is leading to fouls (especially when they are facing a much fit team such France is). This will give chances to France to score either from set pieces directly or with a header inside the box.

Regarding to speed (France attack vs Australia defense), i think France is 2 class above and since France has the players to penetrate, they will also have chances to score from there too.

All in all, this comes all around France and the -1.5 bet is the obvious one in my opinion and the most safe.
Inside information! Are you Australia's PT? haha

There have been 4 goals in all of Australia's recent appearances at WC's - 2014, '10,'06 so we could see a few goals here. I would expect France to score at least 2 and based on Australia's speed and Van Marwijk's ability to get inferior teams to trouble top ranked sides I wouldn't be surprised to see Australia score a goal here as they have some pace on the counter, but finishing will be the question.
latortuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-18, 10:24   #15
Sinbad
Freshman

Sinbad is on a distinguished road

Mark Milligan (Australia) to be shown a yellow card - 3.68 (Marathon) (2/10)
More like a gut feeling of course, but logic is that Australia's defense should be under the big pressure, and I remember the guy as aggressive and fouling a lot. Don't know much about the referee (Andres Cunha from Uruguay), but given that he is from South America we should normally see a few cards, I guess.
Sinbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-18, 10:31   #16
latortuga

France v Australia over 2.75 goals

Ousmane Dembele to score @ 4.10

Mile Jedinak to be shown a card @ 4.30
Old 16-06-18, 10:32   #17
latortuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinbad View Post
Mark Milligan (Australia) to be shown a yellow card - 3.68 (Marathon) (2/10)
More like a gut feeling of course, but logic is that Australia's defense should be under the big pressure, and I remember the guy as aggressive and fouling a lot. Don't know much about the referee (Andres Cunha from Uruguay), but given that he is from South America we should normally see a few cards, I guess.
Totally agree
Old 16-06-18, 13:05   #18
sirac

sirac is on a distinguished road

Pathetic from France. I know it was first game and with early hour it wasnt to be a classic but boy to they looked absolutelly clueless. I have to bitchslap me for chosing this team to win. They stand absolutelly zero chance with those full backs, Pavard is the best they got for right back? I know they will look better, especially if they switch to 442 with Giroud and Griezmann but there is no cohesion, no creativity, and a poor coach on bench. I will wait for next game and will decide if i cash out.
Old 16-06-18, 15:08   #19
Silicone Soul

Silicone Soul is on a distinguished road

Agree that France showed nothing they were lucky they got win today but against some serious nation they will have big problems with such game. Just like Argentina wich hope Messi wil do something Di Maria i dont know whow this guy is in first 11 or Mascherano with such defense and poor midelfeld they have no cheance against better teams in 1/4 .. but its still first game bit what i saw frome best teams yet none impresed me . I zhink Brazil will win this s@%it
Silicone Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-18, 16:43   #20
litost

peru and denmark will be fools proofs for les blues !! (singin´ it)

as often france game lacks somthg atm ... specially in atack ...
Old 16-06-18, 17:00   #21
Miccho

Horrible France, here are a few notes about them:

1. Awful decision to play as full backs Pavard and Hernandez, instead of regulars Mendy and Sidibe.

These two guys are A LOT worse when going forward than the former Monaco pair of fullbacks. Not a single time they tried to dribble or to cut inside - whenever they were met by opposing defenders they'd ALWAYS pass backwards.

Against a very compact defense you need the wingers in 4-3-3 to be backed by active fullbacks, who are confident on the ball. Additionally, both side midfielders Pogba and Tolisso were playing mainly on the inside, therefore Mbappe and Dembele had to play practically alone against 2 or 3 Aussie defenders and they got completely cut off the game.

Horrible, horrible manager's decision!

2. No pace in the midfield.

Pogba slowing down the game a lot - in the same manner like in his club team. Tolisso completely lacks confidence, while Kante is instructed to play very deep (he is lining up with the center backs, when France is building their attacks).

France need to bring speed, transition and peentration in this midfield. They need to either play Fekir, or to change the formation, and play Griezmann as attacking midfielder or second striker.

3. Griezman as a lone forward is helpless against tall and physical defenders.

I know Giroud is slowing down their game, but poor Griezmann was physically dominated the whole time. He needs desperately more support from the middle.

4. The center of defense is insecure.

Umtiti is the weak spot. Not only because of the penalties. I have a feeling that stronger teams like Brazil, Spain and Germany might have a field day against this defense
Old 16-06-18, 17:02   #22
litost

is well known griezmann needs 9 partnership uphigher or onside ...

look at his numbers be4 and after costa arrived ....

probably same goes with mbappe ...
Old 16-06-18, 17:54   #23
Miccho

The best performance of Mbappe ever was with Monaco shirt, when he was playing in 4-4-2 formation as a striker in partnership with Falcao (and backed by Lemar and Mendy on the left flank). Man, this was hell of a left flank for Monaco - three fast and skillfull dribllers combining together and constanly inter-changing positions.
Old 16-06-18, 18:59   #24
MarianoV6

My opinion is that France has a very good team but they need two things only:

to drop the 4-3-3 and change into 4-4-2

and find a Valbuena