BWIN Pinnacle 888sport Bet365 10BET Gamebookers Ladbrokes Betfair BET-AT-HOME Expekt 5Dimes CANBET

10Bet

Welcome to the Bettingadvice.com forum

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > Other sports > Other Sports

Other Sports For those of you wanting to discuss other sports not mentioned in their own subforums. Could be golf, sailing, table tennis, athletics, formula1, etc
Expekt - 100% bonus, get it here!!!

10Bet Mobile
5Dimes: Great bookie! Very low margins, and quick payouts!! 10BET: Great early offers and great odds!

Old 08-10-13, 22:24   #1
compton

compton is on a distinguished road
Default Polish Volleyball - PLUS LIGA 2013/2014

Season starts this friday with current champions Asseco Resovia against newcomers BBTS Bielsko-Biala. Big four: Asseco Resovia, ZAKSA, Jastrzebski Wegiel and Skrawill most likelydominate like recent years. It is of course question of money and they have solid sponsors. Many new players as usual and of course some teams need more time then others to build "mechanisms" in their play.

Friday 11/10

Asseco Resovia vs BBTS Bielsko-Biala

New players in home team are receivers Peter Veres (Dynamo Moskva), Nikolay Penchev (Effector Kielce), spiker Dawid Konarski (Transfer Bydgoszcz) and setter Fabian Drzyzga (Politechnika Warszawska). Last three are polish NT players. Penchev plays for bulgarian NT. Veres is hungarian NT player. Main figures from last season are still in the team like: Tichácek, Lotman, Kosok, Schöps, Ignaczak, Nowakowski and of course coach Andrzej Kowal.

Don´t know what newcomers Bielsko are capable of, I don´t know many players in their squad. They armed themselves with a couple of foreign players. Slovakian receiver Martin Vlk, serbian receiver Milos Stojkovic, spikers Maxim Akimenko from Belarus and Jose Luiz González from Argentina. Stojkovic played for Lube Banca Macerata a couple of years ago and González for argentinian NT back in 2007 but all these guys are still question marks in my eyes.

Clear home win. Volleyball is very popular in Rzeszow, first game will most certain gather full house, around 5000 spectators. Asseco would like to end this game as soon as possible...

Unibet: Asseco Resovia -2,5 sets gives 1,45.
compton is offline   Reply With Quote

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 09-10-13, 10:31   #2
dus@n

dus@n is an unknown quantity at this point

Ignaczak is out, so Resovia is going to play with receiver on the libero position, no?
Old 09-10-13, 14:54   #3
compton

Paul Lotman will probably replace him. Asseco beat recently Jastrzebski Wegiel 3-1 with Lotman as libero.
Old 12-10-13, 20:49   #4
compton

Asseco Resovia won 3-0 with Ignaczak on the floor, his injury is not that serious.

ZAKSA won 3-0 against another newcomers Cerrad Czarni Radom. Transfer Bydgoszcz is a shadow of last season when they came 1 in the table and reached semi-final. Coach Makowski, middle blocker Wrona, receiver Antiga, spiker Konarski, setter Masny...heavy guns left the club. Lost 1-3 home against "academics" from Czestochowa. Politechnika won 3-0 against Effector and it was also a waited win. Jastrzebski Wegiel with a strong squad and gold medal goal lost 1-3 at home to Indykpol AZS Olsztyn! Indykpol look very decent, middle of the table, but I would not expect them to win here so easy...
Old 19-10-13, 20:43   #5
compton

Effector Kielc vs Skra Belchatow

Effector can not be considered as challenger to top rated teams. Skra is rebuilded with new coach Miguel Falasca who was active in the club for many yeras. Among new players are argentinians Uriarte, Conte, frenchmen Tuia, Antiga (played in the club before) and Wrona (middle blocker from Transfer Bydgoszcz, NT). Old foxes Plinski, Wlazly and Zatorski are still in the squad. I see Skra and Jastrzebski as most serious rivals to Asseco Resovia.

Unibet offers: Skra -1,5 sets 1,28.

Lotos Trefl Gdansk vs Transfer Bydgoszcz

Transfer (former Delecta) came as high as semi final last season. But a lot have changed since that triumph. Valuable players like Masny (NT setter for Slovakia), Wrona (polish NT middle blocker), Antiga (french receiver veteran), Konarski (spiker, went to Asseco Resovia) left the club. Even coach Piotr Makowski left for Poland women NT. Lotos are better, I expect them to avoid bottom of the table. Homecoming (from italian league) spiker Jakub Jarosz is Lotos´ brightest star.

Unibet offers: Lotos -1,5 sets 1,50
Old 22-11-13, 09:29   #6
compton

21 november

Lotos Trefl Gdansk vs Cerrad Czarni Radom

Plus Liga is a "closed league" just like NHL or NBA. If a club from first division wants to join then a couple of things must be "intact". You must have results in first league, balanced economy, hall capable of broadcasting, marketing which develops the club, challange system (gives the referees replay in reluctant situations) etc. This season we have TWO newcomers. Cerrad Czarni Radom and BBTS Bielsko-Biala. They played each other in first divison final this spring. Both have earlier episodes in Plus Liga (started 2000/2001) but nothing special achieved, BBTS have one season and Czarni two.

As for this game. Lotos Trefl is founded in 2005. Club is making it´s fourth season in Plus Liga, last season they ended 8th which is their best achievement. Home side is way to high favourite in my eyes. These odds are affected by their last game when they won 0-3 away against Indykpol. They played well then but it is to early to talk about "continuity". Key players are Jakub Jarosz (former?) NT opposite, setter Grzegorz Lomacz, middle blocker Bartosz Gawryszewski (former Jastrzebski players), wing-spikers Wojciech Zalinski, Krzysztof Wierzbowski and middle blocker Maciej Zajder all three former AZS Politechnika players. Safe, known and respected names in Plus Liga. Lotos looks like middle table team with "appetite" for little more. Level of most of the teams is more or less equal. Newcomers are not just receiving defeats and Indykpol have surprisingly high position...

Away team signed few good names before this season. Dutchman Koositra (NT player) came from Skra and plays as opposite. German wing-spiker Dirk Westphal (belgian, german and italian clubs in his cv), slovakian middle blocker Piovarci and another middle blocker Kaminski (polish parents) who plays in Canada´s NT. Setter Neroj represented Skra in the past. Kooistra´s replacment is talented youngster Boladz. Second wing-spiker is own product Wachnik. It is a tall team as well, not many players are below 200 cm. Last game they received "cold shower" against Effector, 0-3 at home. Other defeats came against top teams Asseco and ZAKSA. Before that they had 3 wins in a row including 3-1 against Skra at home.

Fact that everybody expects home win is a big advantage for them here.

HCP on Cerrad Czarni Radom. Some bookies even offer +2,5.
Old 22-11-13, 09:41   #7
Mr.Drop

Mr.Drop is on a distinguished road

I talk now whith Piovarci about this match and he say that it was hard...They coming yeasterday,they feel in this hall very good,all players are ok...So spread looks good...
Mr.Drop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-13, 10:50   #8
raperot

raperot is an unknown quantity at this point

This bookie betsbc.com offers the following:

Handicap: Lotos Trefl Gdansk: (-8.5) 2.15; RCS Czarni Radom: (+8.5) 1.7;

I assume taking +8.5 points for Czarni is a good bet?
raperot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-13, 11:49   #9
baldur

baldur is an unknown quantity at this point

regarding your analysis, 3,5 over is reasonable? my bookie offers just +1,5 set spread.
baldur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-13, 19:51   #10
compton

Sorry, I was at work.

1,25 on home side was way to low. Plus Liga is very equal, these teams are more or less at the same level. I wrote my post just before the work but I meant set hcp. Betsson had Cerrad + 2,5 sets and it gave decent 1,40. Cerrad 1,5 sets gave around 2,45 at every bookie if I remember correct so it paid well.

Cerrad Czarni won 2-3 so all hcp went in for you lucky ones .

Last edited by compton; 22-11-13 at 20:10.
Old 26-11-13, 09:45   #11
compton

Today

Cerrad Czarni Radom vs Jastrzebski Wegiel

Lorenzo´s boys are traveling east for meeting with Radom. Home side have good atmosphere after 3-2 win in Gdansk last friday. No injuries as well. Their indoor arena have maximum capacity of around 2500 (source wikipedia) but I would say it will come between 1500 and 2500. You never know with these "extra seats". Anyway all tickets are sold out. Even players "gave away" their share to free sale. There is a low ceiling in this arena as well. Larger arena is necessary and local politicans know that as well. JW are coming from 1-3 away defeat against Skra. I expect them to get a hard nut to crack here.

Cerrad Czarni +1,5 gives around 2,45. Betsson even offers Cerrad Czarni +2,5 which pays around 1,50.

Tomorrow

Asseco Resovia Rzeszow vs ZAKSA Kedzierzyn-Kozle

I will bet both with my heart and my brain here. Resovia are giving away early Christmas presents in terms of lost sets. Ignaczak is back as libero. Last game they managed to win 3-0 away against Effector but first two sets with minimum amount of points. I have little question marks about wing-spikers Veres and Penchev who are replacing Bartman (left for italian league) and Kovacevic (left for russian league). ZAKSA signed canadian NT setter Dustin Schneider for the rest of the season. He is a "back-up" for Zagumny. Safe 3-0 win against Politechnika in capital last thursday. Before that 3-1 home against Skra. Opposite Bociek´s shape is growing. He especially improved his blocks. I expect tight game and odds on away side are inviting.

My bet here is at least ZAKSA +1,5 which gives 1,85.
Old 26-11-13, 18:00   #12
shonecorleone
Freshman

shonecorleone is on a distinguished road

Compton,good job...bravo...
shonecorleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-13, 14:23   #13
shonecorleone
Freshman

Any info for Czarni radom-Czechotowa? home win?
Old 02-12-13, 15:41   #14
compton

Yes, I believe in home win here.
Old 11-12-13, 17:47   #15
compton

Early first bet. Reason is that the odds are good and they will drop rather then raise.

14 December

BBTS Bielsko-Biala vs Cerrad Czarni Radom

Home side are newcomers but they have tasted volleyball on the highest domestic level before. Bielsko has around 174.000 inhabitants (Radom has around 219.000) and is located in the southern peak of Poland with mountains as environment. I can hardly see them among 8 best teams despite that some teams only played 9/22 rounds. Currently they have 6 points and 2-7 in played games which gives 11th position. They are showing to little "anger" on the floor or even to little passion. They look like assistants in the grocery store, just doing their time...Foreign players like Vlk and Gonzalez don´t have the strength to mantle the responsibility (right now?) that is lying on their shoulders.

Cerrad Czarni are like a fresh breeze during hot summer day. Fourth position and 20 points, 7-3 in played games. In my opinion they are among 3 best playing teams right now. They took valuable away victory against table neighbour Indykpol 1-3 in last round. Same Indykpol won recently in Bielsko with 0-3. Teams from Plus Liga are not participating in domestic cup yet. Cerrad Czarni are not playing in CEV Cup or Challenge Cup either. They have better squad as well as better shape. Negative reaction will most certainly not come here and now...

Cerrad Czarni -1,5 sets. Highest I found was 1,60 at Unibet.

In this link you can find some photos of home arena. It was build between 2009-2010. Contains 4.500 with extra seats. No risk that this game will be sold out. Aluprof ladies play in the old arena.

bbtsbielsko.pl/hala/

Best Regards
Old 12-12-13, 17:22   #16
compton

14 December

ZAKSA Kedzierzyn-Kozle vs AZS Czestochowa

Yesterday´s game at home against Vfb Friedrichshafen (won 3-2 but gave away gifts) made me even more confident that ZAKSA is shaky right now. Only 3 wing-spikers and non of them is in good shape. Like I said before, Ferens is not a man to make miracles in a team that wants to achieve something in CL. Ruciak plays also poor, his famous "block-out" smashes are gone with the wind. Dutchman Kooy who is expected to replace Fonteles is like a "maverick" on the floor. It is very hard to see a smile on his face. Brazilian Fonteles was like a dynamite, true leader. Middle blockers Gladyr and Wisniewski play decent, Mozdzonek is out of shape. Opposite Bociek (decent shape) reminds me of a lumberjack Grozer (very good and respected player in Plus Liga). He goes purely for strength in his smashes. Here he will have opportunity to sink his former club friends...ZAKSA is also lacking encouragement and motivation from the bench as Swiderski is an inexperienced coach. They are playing with simple methods at this moment...

Guests are a glorious club in polish volleyball history. Last yeras were poor thanks to low budget. They are relying on their own products. Among more experienced players are former NT wing-spikers Bakiewicz & Murek, middle blockers Kazmierczak & Vesely (Czech NT, injured) and opposite Kaminski (210cm) who will certainlly annoy ZAKSA with his spikes. Their coach Marek Kardos is also employed by Slovakian NT.

ZAKSA´s statistics, 7-3 and 21 points. AZS have 8 points and 3-6 in played games.

I don´t believe in any crushing result here. Czestochowa despite their lower experiance, don´t look like pressured or lost on the floor. Over 135,5 points and odds are around 2,00.

Best Regards
Old 13-12-13, 09:43   #17
compton

14 December

Transfer Bydgoszcz vs Effector Kielce

Fight for places 7-8 is like a hornet´s nest. Transfer possess last place, 12, and 4 points. Politechnika (7) and Lotos (8) have 10 points. Effector (9) have 9 points. Such games as this one are called "six points games" in Sweden. Transfer (club´s name was Delecta then) played very good in last season. French wing spiker Antiga (current NT coach), middle blocker Wrona, opposite Konarski, setter Masny and coach Makowski (current NT for women) are heavy losts. Club is slowly recovering. Transfer´s board did late but very good decisions. US NT opposite Carson Clark arraived few weeks ago. Now they signed Belgian coach Vital Heynen who is currently also working for German NT. Another American player (he is in a wide NT selection) wing spiker Garrett Muagututia will join on 27 of december. Former coach will be second coach now. I believe that immediate reaction will happen as new coach is surely light years better.Their squad is maybe to weak for medals but definetly good enough for play-offs.

Transfer´s home arena:http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hala_sp...C5%81uczniczka

Home win and odds are around 1,70.

Last edited by compton; 13-12-13 at 09:47.
Old 14-12-13, 17:17   #18
compton

Easiest bet on paper didn´t make it. BBTS have 2-0 in sets already. Poor play by Cerrad Czarni, maybe they became little to cocky and confident about themselves? BBTS must also have "credit" here for good play, their opposite Gonzalez will get MVP if they win...

ZAKSA 1-1 AZS after two sets so over 135,5 is already in. ZAKSA won 3-1 (21:25, 25:23, 25:23, 25:21).

Transfer have 2-0 in sets and they look stable as well...It ended 3-0, 25:21, 25:18 25:19.

Last edited by compton; 14-12-13 at 19:31.
Old 17-12-13, 00:28   #19
compton

Thursday 19 december

AZS Czestochowa vs PGE Skra Belchatow

"Academics" will host distinguished guests in their last league game for this year. They were able to give ZAKSA tough opposition but Skra is in better shape. AZS will get plenty of opportunities to gather needed points for play-offs. Here I expect 0-3. Nobody in Skra is speaking loud about gold medals but the fact is that they have best predispositions to make it all the way. Antiga is playing his last season (current polish NT coach) and he is very experienced player with quality. His countryman Tuia is a very good signing. Middle blockers Wrona and Klos are showing skills for NT. Wlazly has been out from NT for a while (dispute over his injuries with NT-staff etc) but I think he might be back soon. I´ve never seen him not doing his best on the floor. Argentinians Uriarte and Conte are also very valuable signings. It is clear line between first line players and substitutes (they were given chance against Amriswil in CEV CUP for example, Skra won both games 3-0). They have quality on the bench as well with middle blocker veteran Plinski, opposite Muzaj (19 years old and 367 cm reach in attack...) and wing spiker Wlodarczyk who actually made his name in Austria. Spider in the web is coach Miguel Falasca who had many fine moments in Skra´s jersey in past years.

I like this Skra, they have good chemistry and quality. Filled with very good self-confidence and they will show class difference here.

Skra -2,5 sets. Odds are around 1,90.

AZS Czestochowa´s arena was built between 2010 and 2012. Maximum capacity is 7100.

Here it is:http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wielofu...C4%99stochowie

Last edited by compton; 17-12-13 at 00:36.
Old 20-12-13, 00:41   #20
compton

Saturday 21 December

Lotos Trefl Gdansk vs AZS Politechnika Warszawska

"Eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth", that is how I can describe this game. Neighbours in the table, Lotos have 8th and last play-off place, AZS are 7th. Game will NOT be played in Lotos´ regular arena which is ERGO ARENA. ERGO ARENA will host some other event at that time. I don´t think it is an advantage for anybody here. Guests are not a wealthy club despite that they are coming from the capital. Coach Bednaruk is doing good job with small funds. Three foreign players in the squad. Bulgarian wing spiker Kolev, Slovakian setter Zatko (recently called up by NT coach) and Romanian opposite Gontariu. Lotos have 4 tough games behind them with 0 points, 1-3 against ZAKSA and Jastrzebski and 0-3 against Skra and Resovia. More pressure now, as they are facing theoretical weaker opponent. Extra spice in the game is that their coach Panas is former AZS coach. Wing spikers Zalinski, Wierzbowski, middle blocker Zajder and opposite Mikolajczak have episodes in AZS in their baggage as well....

Lotos are clear favourites with 1,35. They are playing at home. Whole groups of players played with each other in other clubs like I mentioned above for example. Opposite Jarosz was playing in NT during Andrea Anastasi. These three reasons are making this gap in odds. I expect AZS to "sell themselves dearly here". Pure home win presents no value for me.

Tight game and over 185,5 points, 2,00.

Best Regards

Last edited by compton; 20-12-13 at 00:47.
Old 21-12-13, 17:22   #21
shonecorleone
Freshman

Compton man,you are great.Good job
Old 21-12-13, 18:47   #22
compton

Thanks.

See you guys in 2014.
Old 23-12-13, 16:54   #23
boreas04

boreas04 is on a distinguished road

Good job here, congrats.
Old 07-01-14, 20:25   #24
pechowiec
Freshman

pechowiec is on a distinguished road

LOTOS TREFL GDANSK - EFFECTOR KIELCE 2 @3.10 CORAL stake 7

Gdansk and Kielce neighbors in the table of the Polish League but Gdansk lost all matches since mid-November, total of six games in a row. Kielce showed decent perfomances at the end of the last year, for example winning sets against top teams from Kedzierzyn-Kozle and Jastrzebie-Zdroj, also a decent 3-1 against Bielsko-Biala before christmas was a sign of a good shape. Kielce won the first match between both teams 3-0 at home, it was a tough match but in the end they deserved the clear win and i don't think they deserve odds like that tomorrow. For me this is nearly a 50/50 match, maybe a slight advantage for Gdansk because of the home soil. But Gdansk is not even playing in Gdansk, they are playing their home matches in Sopot, a town near by Gdansk. Kielce have decent chances to win this.
pechowiec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-14, 22:15   #25
compton

Quote:
Originally Posted by pechowiec View Post
LOTOS TREFL GDANSK - EFFECTOR KIELCE 2 @3.10 CORAL stake 7

Gdansk and Kielce neighbors in the table of the Polish League but Gdansk lost all matches since mid-November, total of six games in a row. Kielce showed decent perfomances at the end of the last year, for example winning sets against top teams from Kedzierzyn-Kozle and Jastrzebie-Zdroj, also a decent 3-1 against Bielsko-Biala before christmas was a sign of a good shape. Kielce won the first match between both teams 3-0 at home, it was a tough match but in the end they deserved the clear win and i don't think they deserve odds like that tomorrow. For me this is nearly a 50/50 match, maybe a slight advantage for Gdansk because of the home soil. But Gdansk is not even playing in Gdansk, they are playing their home matches in Sopot, a town near by Gdansk. Kielce have decent chances to win this.
Hi mate!

It is good to see some other thoughts. First round after winter break could be deceptive. I was keeping my hands off.

ERGO arena (will host Men´s WC 2014) is between Gdansk and Sopot yes but when you travel through "tricity" only signs tell you when you are leaving one part and entering another. It is like one big city. Lotos an Atom (ladies volley) have supporters in whole "tricity" and nearby smaller cities like Rumia and Reda for example. People are spoiled, they want to see good entertainment and as you said Lotos were not playing stable this autumn. This arena is second big in Poland so Lotos would have big advantage if people filled all seats. They lost many games recently BUT they played JW, Skra, Asseco och ZAKSA in four rounds after each other...I rate Lotos as better team then Effector. Lotos have decent chance to reach play-off.

Two links that might interest neutral viewers. First one about tricity, second one will tell you why Lotos are playing in "yellow" and "black".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tricity,_Poland

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kashubians

Best Regards

Last edited by compton; 08-01-14 at 22:21.