BWIN Pinnacle 888sport Bet365 10BET Gamebookers Enter Text HereLadbrokes Betfair BET-AT-HOME Expekt 5Dimes CANBET

Advertisement

Welcome to the Bettingadvice.com forum

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > Soccer >
UEFA Europa League

UEFA Europa League
Picks and analysis and discussions for UEFA Europa League games.

Bet on European football at:
BET365
100% bonus for new clients, superb odds and great live betting !!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
5Dimes: Great bookie! Very low margins, and quick payouts!! PINNACLE SPORTS: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 15-04-12, 01:08   #1
Wilson

Wilson is on a distinguished road
Default Sporting Lisboa - Ath Bilbao 19 Apr

2.49 3.26 2.73
Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 19-04-12, 07:50   #2
easyliving

easyliving is on a distinguished road

I have only seen Sporting play against Manchester City as well as the second game against Metalist so I do not know much about them. However they have a great home record and a win for them would not surprise me here. As far as Bilbao they have done a great job getting this far in the competition however I believe this is the end of the line for them. Odds on Sporting to advance are around 2.90 and this is pure value imo as Bilbao should not be such heavy favorites. Sporting should be able to put themselves in a good position by winning here. I will take the DNB with high stakes to minimize risk

DNB Sporting Lisbon 9/10

Sporting Lisbon to advance 3/10
easyliving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-12, 10:00   #3
Nikola15

Nikola15 is on a distinguished road

Bilbao won against Schalke and Man Utd in away games. I will say only that.
Nikola15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-12, 10:24   #4
Davy
Administrator
Site admin

Davy is too sexyDavy is too sexyDavy is too sexyDavy is too sexyDavy is too sexyDavy is too sexyDavy is too sexyDavy is too sexyDavy is too sexyDavy is too sexyDavy is too sexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola15 View Post
it won't help to say only that because everybody can read... You just put 2 wins that means nothing and don't even give any view or opinion..

Or then to put some other opposite trend, i can say that Bilbao took just 2 points out of 18 possible when playing away from home in Liga lately..

then you see, we can always find numbers to speak but this type of things alone, out of the contest don't means everything...
Old 19-04-12, 12:04   #5
Nikola15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy View Post
it won't help to say only that because everybody can read... You just put 2 wins that means nothing and don't even give any view or opinion..

Or then to put some other opposite trend, i can say that Bilbao took just 2 points out of 18 possible when playing away from home in Liga lately..

then you see, we can always find numbers to speak but this type of things alone, out of the contest don't means everything...
They played very good in these two away games. I don't remember which team trashed Man Utd on Old Trafford like they did. Also they won against Schalke in great way.

Manchester Utd 17 14 1 2 46:15 43

Schalke 16 12 1 3 43:14 37

Their home games in Premier and Bundes league.

Bilbao is the strongest side in Spain, without Real and Barcelona.
They did not played good at the begining of Primera and they lost many points. They are now in final of Spanish cup, and they are already in LE.
Everybody wants to play in CL, but I don't know if that is reality now for Bilbao. Their main target is LE.
I watched some games of Sporting, they aren't so good.
It's great price for Bilbao here, maybe Bilbao to win and to score 2 or more goals is priced at 3.15 in my local. Of course Llorente to score anytime.
Old 19-04-12, 12:47   #6
Levan

Levan is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
They played very good in these two away games. I don't remember which team trashed Man Utd on Old Trafford like they did. Also they won against Schalke in great way.
I disagree. Utd weren't much focused on that game while match with Schalke could well ended right in the opposite way.
You all seem to look only at the final outcome. If betting would be so simple....You also said that Llorente would obviously score. But would you really put some big sum on that?

Quote:
In this case it's the table that is in disagreement.

My opinion is that those unexpected away wins obtained by Athletic are overestimating their real potential, offering good odds on the hosts for tonight. Obviously with this I'm not saying that Bilbao can't win tonight. In fact bettors are divided, as odds clearly shows.
Levan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-12, 13:11   #7
zodiaccc
Freshman

zodiaccc is an unknown quantity at this point

no it could have not gone the opposite way in the match against Schalke.
I watched the whole 90 minutes and Bilbao won deserved and in correct way.
After their early lead they let the match relax too much and got behind 1:2 afterwars but then they raised their efforts and strength and easily turned this around to a 4:2 win.
zodiaccc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-12, 15:18   #8
FRT5NY

FRT5NY is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodiaccc View Post
no it could have not gone the opposite way in the match against Schalke.
I watched the whole 90 minutes and Bilbao won deserved and in correct way.
After their early lead they let the match relax too much and got behind 1:2 afterwars but then they raised their efforts and strength and easily turned this around to a 4:2 win.
that 2-4 win was really weird, well german teams are inconsistant..Schalke made some stupid defensive mistakes and bilbao converted them into goals thats it.. things like this happens 1 in a million...(ok maybe 2 or 3 lol) its very rare...i think they wont get that luck tonite..Sporting s close to the win
FRT5NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-12, 15:26   #9
Louis

Louis is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Disagree here. In March they lost matches against two possible finalists. Valencia beat them 3:0 in away match, Atletico Madrid beat them 2:1.
If somehow Bilbao reach final, they will be underdogs in the bookies against any of those two teams.

Quote:
It's great price for Bilbao here, maybe Bilbao to win and to score 2 or more goals is priced at 3.15 in my local. Of course Llorente to score anytime.
I doubt that Bilbao will score at all. Maybe somehow only once. In my personal opinion they can't score twice.

Sporting have 8 straight victories at home ground in all competitions. They conceded ONLY ONE GOAL at those 8 matches.

Teams like Manchester City, Porto, Benfica haven't scored here.

And i just want to add that guests Bilbao will be very happy with draw result here. Even with 0:0. In semi-finals at European competitions we don't see away-wins very often. Teams like Real Madrid and Barcelona haven't managed that. Guests main task is to eliminate the opponent, not to beat them twice.

I predict slow match, without to many goals, and narrow Sporting victory. Their favorite result. 1:0

Cheers

Last edited by Louis; 19-04-12 at 15:45.
Louis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-12, 17:24   #10
hcr8ture
Freshman

hcr8ture is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis View Post

Sporting have 8 straight victories at home ground in all competitions. They conceded ONLY ONE GOAL at those 8 matches.
... and Bilbao conceded exactly 2 goals per game in their last 9 away games in all competitions. If we have to trust on those stats, there is HUGE value on Sporting here. As well on Clean Sheet @ 3.6-3.7 for them, even though that seems too easy to be true and that trend should be ended soon.

Last edited by hcr8ture; 19-04-12 at 17:32.
hcr8ture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-12, 17:24   #11
dnomz
Freshman

dnomz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRT5NY View Post
that 2-4 win was really weird, well german teams are inconsistant..Schalke made some stupid defensive mistakes and bilbao converted them into goals thats it.. things like this happens 1 in a million...(ok maybe 2 or 3 lol) its very rare...i think they wont get that luck tonite..Sporting s close to the win
Main problem was the goalkeeper that had to be replaced, the one that replaced him basically gifted Bilbao all the goals.
dnomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-12, 17:49   #12
litost

litost is on a distinguished road

people it is not that athletic won in manchester and at schalke but they way they did it just like in sevilla or valencia sides that bear more quality on paper than thi sporting however probably today it will be tougher first of all rojiblancos are showing signs of not able to cope with rithim tough mainly this hapens in league and at el they gear up ...but also aga mu and schalke they faced two team that played face to face wehreas sporting tonight shall be smarter and wait for them wich does not suit athletic always .... apart from this portie in form top team at home are very tough places to win ...bookies it seems finally got it right ....

now in local paper they rate fernandez doubtfull just like muinian seems to be a doubt ...they are probably just mind games and both shall play ....

athletic has allready to do w/o very important martinez ..missing muniain would be a big blow as probably after irreaplaceable llorente those 2 martinez and munian are key units both in atacking/defensive system ....yet both can be replaced tough the machinery shall not work as well .... amorebieta is having great form ...and ekiza is proven somewhat .....

upfront even w/o munian there is enough fire ...lets not forget if sporting try to play tight atletic has always ways to score and only in less than handfull games this season did they not score and it was not in el .....

so probably G and overs worth a bit .. and imo i would rather consider (0) on athletic as well but of course i am biased ....
Old 19-04-12, 23:00   #13
easyliving

easyliving is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I enjoy reading these nonsense comments after a winning bet, same as yesterday in the champions league.

Nonetheless games like this are great examples of why the DNB is a great bet. It brings risk to a minimum allowing you to bet larger stakes especially in games like this where there was so much value with one side.
easyliving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-12, 23:00   #14
hcr8ture
Freshman

hcr8ture is on a distinguished road

Great team effort from Sporting and poor approach from the spanish side.
hcr8ture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-12, 08:45   #15
Nikola15

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
I enjoy reading these nonsense comments after a winning bet, same as yesterday in the champions league.

Nonetheless games like this are great examples of why the DNB is a great bet. It brings risk to a minimum allowing you to bet larger stakes especially in games like this where there was so much value with one side.
I just want to know your feeling after Amorebieta hit the post on 0:1.
Old 20-04-12, 11:02   #16
FRT5NY

FRT5NY is an unknown quantity at this point

i cant imagine bilbao in final...
FRT5NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-12, 11:51   #17
litost

litost is on a distinguished road

ok brous stop the quarrel and take it easy chill and relax anough with this vietnamese coffe asllrighT!!

as expected sporting way harder than mu and s04 but also somehow it feels like bielsa perhaps misscalculated the efforts and lions run out of gas ...they look stuffed last games and with 20 more minutes sporting lisboa would have trashed us .... hopefully they can get strenght from somewhere to compete last 3 important games left ..i a m afraid cl spot looks hard to reach :/