BWIN Pinnacle 888sport Bet365 10BET Gamebookers Ladbrokes Betfair BET-AT-HOME Expekt 5Dimes CANBET

10Bet

Welcome to the Bettingadvice.com forum

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > Bookmakers > Bookie black list

Bookie black list Horror stories can be posted here. Slow/missing payouts, bankruptcy rumours, etc.

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
5Dimes: Great bookie! Very low margins, and quick payouts!! PINNACLE SPORTS: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 04-04-12, 21:54   #1
Asterixxx
Freshman

Asterixxx is on a distinguished road
Default Cancelled Live bet on 188Bet! Advice needed!

Hi everyone!
The case is the following:
I made a Live bet on corners on the game between Newcastle and Liverpool last Sunday. The money were taken from my account and my bet won but several minutes later I see in my account that it was cancelled and the money that I staked were returned. I wrote to a representative of 188Bet and that is what I was responded:

188Bet representative: The reason we have voided your bet is because after further checking, we have found out that you placed your bet during when the time there was Danger Red Card.

188bet representative: Anything else for now?

Me: what is the time the danger card occured

188Bet representative: The time Danger Red Card occurred is 10:10:59 to 10:11:56.

188Bet representative: You place your bet last 10:11:02.

Me: why this bet was accepted when it happened during danger red card

188Bet representative: Please note that we were not yet able to check during the time you place your bet.

188Bet representative: We have checked it afterwards.

Can you give me some advice what to do and do you have similar stories with this or any other bookmaker?
Asterixxx is offline   Reply With Quote

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 04-04-12, 22:57   #2
GrimReaper01

GrimReaper01 is an unknown quantity at this point

You can't do anything. 188bet will cancel winning bets always without reason.
GrimReaper01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-12, 23:20   #3
AlanJenkins2
Freshman

AlanJenkins2 is on a distinguished road

I'm guessing that what happened is that a player got sent off just after you placed your bet,but that it became clear that they were likely to be just before.All you can do is check exactly when the player did get sent off,and how soon before it became obvious that they would be.
Other than that,you can't do much.If a player does get sent off ,it must affect the chances of corners.Whether you'd have been refunded if the bet had lost I don't know.
AlanJenkins2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-12, 01:02   #4
FiDu

FiDu is an unknown quantity at this point

most likely scenario - trader fell asleep while trading, didn't notice card or corner and there was couple of bets made at that time, so after the game they've checked with runningball or rts or video feed and compared with time of bets and adjusted them.
Old 05-04-12, 01:13   #5
AlanJenkins2
Freshman

AlanJenkins2 is on a distinguished road

For what it's worth,I've only once had a bet cancelled by 188bet after the result was known.There was a reason for it.I haven't placed live bets with them,though.
AlanJenkins2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-12, 08:36   #6
Asterixxx
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanJenkins2 View Post
I'm guessing that what happened is that a player got sent off just after you placed your bet,but that it became clear that they were likely to be just before.All you can do is check exactly when the player did get sent off,and how soon before it became obvious that they would be.
Other than that,you can't do much.If a player does get sent off ,it must affect the chances of corners.Whether you'd have been refunded if the bet had lost I don't know.
Yep, Reina was sent off but I am upset that the bet was accepted and then cancelled - and that was misleading for me. I would have made the same bet even after the red card (the odds were even better because some time had passed). And you are right - I would never be sure whether they would have returned it if it was a losing one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiDu View Post
most likely scenario - trader fell asleep while trading, didn't notice card or corner and there was couple of bets made at that time, so after the game they've checked with runningball or rts or video feed and compared with time of bets and adjusted them.
Yeah, they say the same:
188Bet representative: Please note that we were not yet able to check during the time you place your bet.

188Bet representative: We have checked it afterwards.

I simply cannot accept the fact that I should pay for the trader's sleepiness...
Old 05-04-12, 08:37   #7
Asterixxx
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanJenkins2 View Post
For what it's worth,I've only once had a bet cancelled by 188bet after the result was known.There was a reason for it.I haven't placed live bets with them,though.
What was the reason?
Old 05-04-12, 15:10   #8
Asterixxx
Freshman

Is there a site to which I can forward my case and they can decide whether I should be given my winnings or not?
Old 05-04-12, 15:25   #9
sandybell

sandybell is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterixxx View Post
Is there a site to which I can forward my case and they can decide whether I should be given my winnings or not?

yes....188bet...otherwise i don't think so...they are covered by their rules. it sucks but let it go,move to another bookie,etc.
sandybell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-12, 15:27   #10
Dwyane

Dwyane is on a distinguished road

SBR?
Dwyane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-12, 16:08   #11
Asterixxx
Freshman

Thumbs up Thank you all for the replies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwyane View Post
SBR?
I did so just a minute ago even though I don't see the 188Bet listed in the SBR...

Thank you all for the replies!
Old 12-04-12, 15:27   #12
ivan-dzo

ivan-dzo is an unknown quantity at this point

They are just poor bookie, nothing else!!!!