BWIN Pinnacle 888sport Bet365 10BET Gamebookers Ladbrokes Betfair BET-AT-HOME Expekt 5Dimes CANBET

Advertisement

Welcome to the Bettingadvice.com forum

Go Back   Bettingadvice forum > Betting contests > Discussions betting contests

Discussions betting contests Got problems, something to say, just bragging about your great scores, or anything else to share, do it here!

Online Sports Betting at Pinnacle Sports
5Dimes: Great bookie! Very low margins, and quick payouts!! PINNACLE SPORTS: BA's all time favourite bookmaker. Great odds!

Old 22-02-12, 09:08   #421
ivan-dzo

ivan-dzo is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabak View Post
It's not about those 3 point...it's about the fair play. If i had 3 undeserved points like some of the tipsters who picked the match 1:1, i would have felt uncomfortable. If i was a moderator, a would have been be ashamed with this mistake. Bettingadvice is based on perfect moderating and fair play. This is opposite of that. It's not fair to try to be the best tipster over the year and because of some stupid computer error, to lose money. In the end, the money and the ego are the main reasons why we compete here, nothing else. There's no point of competing if there's no fair play.
Because of all these, i still hope that the justice will win.
Completely right, every sentence you wrote. I had 1-2 result too, I am leading at this Gambirus liga competition, and any 3 points can be crucial at the end...........

But still same result..........

PINNACLE SPORTS: One of the very best. New website!

Old 22-02-12, 10:34   #422
IGUANA

IGUANA is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
It's not about those 3 point...it's about the fair play. If i had 3 undeserved points like some of the tipsters who picked the match 1:1, i would have felt uncomfortable. If i was a moderator, a would have been be ashamed with this mistake. Bettingadvice is based on perfect moderating and fair play. This is opposite of that. It's not fair to try to be the best tipster over the year and because of some stupid computer error, to lose money. In the end, the money and the ego are the main reasons why we compete here, nothing else. There's no point of competing if there's no fair play.
Because of all these, i still hope that the justice will win.
Why won't you, and others, understand that this is not up to BettingAdvice or it's moderators? Is it so hard to understand that?
IGUANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-12, 10:41   #423
Nobody

Nobody is on a distinguished road
Default Hi

Tabak, i understand, just found words "if [...], there is no sense in continuing the contest" a little bit too drastic for free contest with real money paid. As for sending a report, i did it few times with schedule issues, they always corrected it on the next day, so they should correct this mistake too.
Iguana, i think he understands that, because he already asked other people to report the issue too

Last edited by Nobody; 22-02-12 at 10:45.
Nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-12, 11:55   #424
Tabak

Tabak is on a distinguished road

Finally corrected!
IGUANA, if Bettingadvice owners and moderators weren't serious people, Bettingadvice wouldn't have been what it is now. All of us understand that it's not up to you, as moderators, but i think that it's not the same to send report one or two competitors and one or two moderators...or to send 2-3 reports or 10 and more
Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-12, 12:17   #425
danieljackson

danieljackson is on a distinguished road

well I dont think it really matters who reports mistake, as the message you can send about wrong scores is handled by some internal mail delivery system, it's not like moderators use official BA email or something to report errors, so can I even sign my report message as president of the United States and it rather won't mean anything. i think it's more about number of reports about the mistake - because if they get like only 3 messages about wrong score, the people who handle it may think its false report or something, or just delay checking it thoroughly. But when they get like 100 reports in one day about the same score, I guess they will react faster.

I dont participate in Czech league, so I reported it after you mentioned it here (that was on late monday evening). anyways, it's good to know that everything is corrected now, but I suppose such thing will happen more than once again in the future. so we should just mention it here when it happens, so more people can report it and it can be fixed faster next time.
danieljackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-12, 14:23   #426
Tabak

Quote:
Originally Posted by danieljackson View Post
well I dont think it really matters who reports mistake, as the message you can send about wrong scores is handled by some internal mail delivery system, it's not like moderators use official BA email or something to report errors, so can I even sign my report message as president of the United States and it rather won't mean anything. i think it's more about number of reports about the mistake - because if they get like only 3 messages about wrong score, the people who handle it may think its false report or something, or just delay checking it thoroughly. But when they get like 100 reports in one day about the same score, I guess they will react faster.

I dont participate in Czech league, so I reported it after you mentioned it here (that was on late monday evening). anyways, it's good to know that everything is corrected now, but I suppose such thing will happen more than once again in the future. so we should just mention it here when it happens, so more people can report it and it can be fixed faster next time.
well said. Cheers
Old 22-02-12, 23:16   #427
arsefan
Freshman

arsefan is on a distinguished road

This is not fair. To cut joy and happiness from us who truely believed that this mistake will not be corrected. Where is justice here FOR US, somebody tell me!?
arsefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-12, 16:53   #428
arsefan
Freshman

arsefan is on a distinguished road

Denmark, Sweden and/or Norway will show in this year Betting contests, or?
arsefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-12, 15:19   #429
de1sas
Freshman

de1sas is on a distinguished road

Some matches in the Premier League aren't open for betting, someone an idea why? Because they will only be played on tuesday and wednesday..
de1sas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-12, 15:52   #430
danieljackson

there are 7 teams from premiership playing in fa cup this weekend, and their games have been moved to tuesday/wednesday. i'm quite sure that whoever takes care of the schedule in the contest will unlock them soon, probably after the today's games are finished.
Old 20-03-12, 03:20   #431
Tabak

Will there be Norwegian or Swedish league? I'd like to defend the title in Norway and the league will get underway on Friday
Old 20-03-12, 12:29   #432
ZEGFAN

ZEGFAN is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Will there be Norwegian or Swedish league? I'd like to defend the title in Norway and the league will get underway on Friday
The developer of VBulletin forum engine's vbsoccer plugin didn't made yet the norvegian and swedish leagues. The latest league that he made is Euro 2012.

Everybody can follow the development of vbsoccer plugin here:
http://twitter.com/#!/vbsoccer_

It is possible that he will make the Norvegian and Swedish league on the latest day before leagues starting.
ZEGFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-12, 12:50   #433
red_blue_white
Freshman

red_blue_white is an unknown quantity at this point

It is possible that he will make the Norvegian and Swedish league on the latest day before leagues starting.[/QUOTE]

That would be very nice, great leagues and interesting competitions.
red_blue_white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-12, 13:48   #434
Nobody

Nobody is on a distinguished road

Even when leagues become available, its all up to Grefstad, who is the sponsor of this BA contest, to make it available here and most important promise cash prizes for these leagues. And its big money if we sum up all leagues, so I wouldnt hold my breath.
Posted via my Mobile Device
Nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-12, 09:20   #435
Barca-United-Milan

Barca-United-Milan is on a distinguished road

Morning everybody, just couple of question on my side:
1. is the Belgian Jupiler League to be considered over as per BA contest competition? I know there is a strange play-off mechanism over there, but I do not see any more rounds to pick FT results for.
2. If over, what happens when 2 tipsters are tied in pts at 1st spot, that's to say they r both winning it? it's 1st and 2nd prize shared in 2 equal parts or.....???

Thx for the feedback!
PS This is an amazing competion, I LUV IT, and many thx to Terje for making it available to all of us!!!
Barca-United-Milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-12, 09:54   #436
Mindozas

Mindozas is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barca-United-Milan View Post
1. is the Belgian Jupiler League to be considered over as per BA contest competition? I know there is a strange play-off mechanism over there, but I do not see any more rounds to pick FT results for.
I guess it's over. Russian league has similar system this season and contest finished after the regular season
Mindozas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-12, 09:59   #437
stefan2008

stefan2008 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
2. If over, what happens when 2 tipsters are tied in pts at 1st spot, that's to say they r both winning it? it's 1st and 2nd prize shared in 2 equal parts or.....???
You've picked one game less, so you should be the winner imo.
stefan2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-12, 10:03   #438
IGUANA

Quote:

Thx for the feedback!
PS This is an amazing competion, I LUV IT, and many thx to Terje for making it available to all of us!!!
Judging from previous seasons/leagues, I think the answers will be:
1. Yes, the Belgian season is considered over, as it was last year, and as it was the case with the Russian league. Also, same will apply for the Scottish league, probably.
2. Yes, there will be a share of winnings.
Old 27-03-12, 15:09   #439
Barca-United-Milan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGUANA View Post
2. Yes, there will be a share of winnings.
Well..I totally agree with it then..yes true I had 1 pick less as mentioned above, but shicne in the end was able to pick more correct scores than myself so he would have the edge in this case.

Ranking table showed my name as 1st probably because of same pts obtained with 1 pick less but I believe it's fair to share the 1st prize in 2 equal parts.

It's Terje to decide of course, for how much my opinion can count, I confirm my view to have 2 winners and prizes shared. Thanx

Fairplay and respect comes overall and it wont be 50 Euros to change somebody's life.
My congrats to Shicne, he did an amazing run and deserves the same as me the victory. Well done mate keep it up!
Old 27-03-12, 15:38   #440
shicne

shicne is on a distinguished road

huh, what a drama at the end

In the last round I had four points from four matches
with the exact winners, but the wrong goal difference

Anyway, congratulations to all participants (especially to Barca-United-Milan)
,and big thanks to the organizers of this interesting competition.
As for the distribution of prizes I think the rule was merging the first and second prize and sharing in half, but whatever the organizers have decided I will be satisfied. Nice competition and a pleasure to be among the winners, cheers.
shicne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-12, 10:38   #441
Davorsuker
Freshman

Davorsuker is on a distinguished road

lol the last matchday was crazy indeed. I changed the result on Anderlecht game from 2-1 to 3-1 just seconds before kick off, so could have been tied up with your guys on top spot with 226 points... But it is what it is and i'm happy with my 3rd spot finish. Anyway, Congrats to shicne and Barca-MU-Milan

P/s: any chances to know when we will receive the $$?

Thanks
Davorsuker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-12, 14:40   #442
IGUANA

Terje should really think about adding me as a Main Page tipster for Scottish Premier League

8 points ahead of second place(s), with 8/9 matches less... awesome season for me.

Also, congrats to all the guys sitting on 2nd place. Really went down to the wire.
Old 21-04-12, 04:16   #443
drfutballitis
Freshman

drfutballitis is on a distinguished road

^last year i had 196 pts, when i was champ for spl, this year u have same total amount 196 pts for scottish league, congrats. i am tied for 2nd with 188 this year.
drfutballitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-12, 21:31   #444
Barca-United-Milan

Hi everybody! Just a quick question from my side: what is the standard approach when a league is over and I am top 3? Is me to get in touch with Terje or viceversa? It's my 1st time among the best and I am not sure which the next step is...
Thx for the clarification!
Nice evening / night to everybody!!!
Old 22-04-12, 22:14   #445
danieljackson

Quote:
Hi everybody! Just a quick question from my side: what is the standard approach when a league is over and I am top 3? Is me to get in touch with Terje or viceversa? It's my 1st time among the best and I am not sure which the next step is...
Thx for the clarification!
Nice evening / night to everybody!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grefstad
I will contact the winners per mail / PM, or they can contact me with their Moneybookers or Neteller details. Preferrably email tipsters@bettingadvice.com with the details.

Just please (you and all other winners) be patient and don't start havoc here if you won't get any answer in next few days. Terje is busy with work and other commitments, so this may take some time before he visits forum, check contest results and sends all prize money, but everyone who won will be rewarded for sure.
Old 23-04-12, 08:59   #446
IGUANA

Quote:
Just please (you and all other winners) be patient and don't start havoc here if you won't get any answer in next few days. Terje is busy with work and other commitments, so this may take some time before he visits forum, check contest results and sends all prize money, but everyone who won will be rewarded for sure.
Plus, I have a feeling he doesn't even know that the Belgian/Scottish leagues have finished already
Old 23-04-12, 10:23   #447
Barca-United-Milan

Quote:
Ok then thx 4 the clarification, I'll be patiently waiting for Terje to contact me so to start the reward process. I am not in a rush at all, and of course I am not puttin pressure on this. As soon as Terje will be free from commitments I will be more than pleased to get in touch with him.
Thx for the answer again.
Good Luck to all with the rest of the contest!!
Old 01-05-12, 22:14   #448
komso

komso is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm just curious if someone else noticed wrong calculated result in Serbian League:

Metalac-Sloboda Sevojno, which finished 0:1 but is calculated as 0:0.

I report for this result through link that I found in previous posts since I know that mods can not update it since it is maintained by third party, but 3 days past without correction and I report it twice.
I know there was same situation in Czech championship and there was lot of talking about that and at the end it was corrected so I just want to know if someone else reported also about this match.
komso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-12, 11:34   #449
VincentVega

VincentVega is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Swiss Super League

What's with Swiss Super League ? There is 5 rounds to play but it's not open for betting. Yesterday and today we have games of 32nd round and we can't bet.
VincentVega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-12, 14:51   #450
shicne

shicne is on a distinguished road

please be patient and don't start havoc here
shicne is offline   Reply With Quote