This site is for adults 18+ due to gambling/betting content. If you have a problem with gambling issues, or need information, please visit:
Gambling Help Online Gamblers Anonymous Gambling Therapy Gamble Aware Jugadores Anonimos JugarBIEN BeGambleAware GamCare

Spain [Primera División] 2015/2015 - Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LucaGarzeli
    Freshman
    • Jul 2015

Spain [Primera División] 2015/2015 - Preview

Hi everyone!

Spanish Liga BBVA will start 21/08 and I thought to contribute to this forum with detailed info about 20 teams, similarly to when native tipsters talk about their leagues. I'll add info until the competition starts, while some teams will start his preparation because the european meetings.

You know what kind of info I'm talking about, apart from signings and expectatives, I will talk about budget, internal problems, etc. I'll try to be less subjective as possible, but with some teams this point would be difficult to accomplish.

Why do something like this? Well, I apreciate info of BA's native bettors in domestic league, UEL or UCL. This kind of info is value. Spanish Primera is a league that bookies have under control, so to win is necessary "something else".

I'll reserve 20 posts in the thread to talk about each team individually. It helps a lot if other spanish tipster (or big BBVA follower with internal info) corrects me about some particular team, because I have access more quickly than a non-spanish-speaking to newspaper info, but I have no special attachment for any team in the league, leaving aside my favourite team.

If the post was useful, I could take time to write about Liga Adelante, probably one of the most difficults silver leagues to bet.

So, let's start. Preview will be ready before the 2nd round (29/08). It will help, because I could see some line-ups in official games.

PD: *Due to a time problems, I'm trying to write all the previews I can. I'll write the rest of previews in SPANISH, and I will translate when I have more time. You can use the translator to read some impressions meanwhile.

· Athletic Club (preview finished)
    · Atlético de Madrid
    · FC Barcelona
    · Celta de Vigo
    · Deportivo
    · SB Eibar
    · RCD Espanyol
    · Getafe
    · Granada
    · Las Palmas
    · Levante
    · Málaga
    · Rayo Vallecano
    · Real Betis
    · Real Madrid
    · Real Sociedad
    · Sevilla
    · Sporting
    · Valencia
    · Villarreal
    ·
    Last edited by LucaGarzeli; 19-08-15, 18:49.
  • LucaGarzeli
    Freshman
    • Jul 2015

Athletic Club de Bilbao

Rival teams:

· Real Sociedad (derby)
    · Real Madrid (political undertone)
    · Barcelona (old fight for titles)
    · Osasuna (derby and bad relationship)

RECENT HISTORY (2005-2015)

Best league position:
    4th 2013/2014
    6th 2010/2011
    7th 2014/2015

Best cup performance:
    Finalist 2014/2015 (1-3 vs Barcelona)
    Finalist 2011/2012 (0-3 vs Barcelona)
    Finalist 2008/2009 (1-4 vs Barcelona)

European deep run:
    Finalist UEL 2011/2012 (0-3 vs Atlético de Madrid)
    1/16 UEL 2014/2015 (4-5agg vs Torino)
    1/16 UEL 2009/2010 (1-5agg vs Anderlecht)

LAST SEASON

2014/2015 League position: 7th
    2014/2015 Cup: 2nd (1-3 vs FC Barcelona in Nou Camp)
    2014/2015 European Cup: UCL - 3rd in Group Phase & UEL 1/16 (4-5agg vs Torino)

2014/2015 league facts:
    20th in avarage goals per game ranking (2.18 - 2.78 in 2013/2014)
    17th in avarage goals scored away (0.74 - 1.26 in 2013/2014)
    66% under 2.5 games - 47% in 2013/2014

As everybody know, Athletic Club is a team formed exclusively by basque players. This means that when you have a big generation of basque players commanded by a good national player (Julen Guerrero, Joseba Etxeberría, Fernando Llorente) you can compete with medium budget teams like Sevilla-Valencia for a place in UCL. Unfortunately, even when you have players like them and the club has a healthy economy, you can't grow up too much due to a two main reasons: 1) there are no better players outside Euskadi to sign 2) they are in better or more competitive clubs (Xabi Alonso - Bayern -, Javi Martínez - Bayern -, Illarramendi - Real Madrid -, Fernando Llorente - Juventus -). Even if you build a good team, if you aren't playing for titles, your good players will want to leave and sign for a crusher team. This is the main controversy year by year here.

Nevertheless, although Ander Herrera, Fernando Llorente, Amorebieta, Javi Martínez, Fran Yeste or Joseba Etxeberría left the club, Athletic managed to reach some good results lately. No luck for them because they played 4 finals and lost all 4 against Barcelona and Atlético de Madrid, 2 teams that are some steps ahead Athletic. To reach these finals, Athletic had good coachs like Joaquín Caparrós, Marcelo Bielsa or Ernesto Valverde, but they definitely needed some quality players, apart from the historical strong and brave style of play that mutated recently in a mix between that and a pleasure to make good soccer.

Last year Athletic Club played the most part of the season without his young star Iker Muniaín due to a injury and bad form. Veteran player Aritz Aduriz and the rising talented Iñaki Williams added some power in attack. The return of Beñat 5 years later gave them an interesting mix in the midfield zone that the last 2 seasons proved a good management with 4th & 7th league position and a Cup final. The early elimination of UEL against Krasnodar was a shame for them, beause this club is really good in knockout phases, as we can remember 3 years ago when they played in Old Trafford winning 2-3 or 2-4 in Gelsenkirchen against Schalke 04.

I saw a bit frustrated the basque team in the Cup final against Barcelona, and they played with hungry in the preseason friendly spanish Supercup. I can understand that to lose 4 finals in 4 years is hard to assume. Have passed 30 years since the last Athletic Club's title in 1984 to the win in Supercup against Barcelona. The club's policy signing only basque players, the 31 titles won in his national history and the meritorius achievement being one of the teams that never got relegated (with FC Barcelona and Real Madrid), grant them the respect and admiration of spanish people. However, politics is always linked with Athletic Club and basque people, and they have all the spanish patriots against them. A sample of it is the big whistle blast in the recent Cup final, when Barcelona and Athletic supporters booed the spanish national anthem and both two sides triggered the apprehension of the spanish politic class that still fishtailing

CURRENT SEASON

(San Mamés)

2015/2016 Forecast: 5th/7th
    2015/2016 European Competition: UEL - Preliminary 3rd Round vs FH/Inter Baku
    2015/2016 Competitions: 4x (DL, Cup, Spanish SuperCopa & UEL)

Preseason: 2-3-3 /
    0-14 vs @Txorierri Combined Team
    1-1 vs @Krasnodar
    3-2 vs @Greuther Fürth
    2-0 vs @Club Tijuana
    1-1 vs @Betis
    1-1 vs Valladolid
    2-0 vs Osasuna
    2-0 vs @Inter Milan

Official games: 2-2-1/
    2-0 UEL, 1st leg vs Inter Baku in San Mamés (Home)
    0-0 UEL, 2nd leg vs Inter Baku (Away)
    4-0 Spanish SuperCopa, 1st leg vs Barcelona in San Mamés (Home)
    1-1 Spanish SuperCopa, 2nd leg vs Barcelona in Camp Nou (Away)
    3-2 UEL, 1st leg vs Zilina (Away)

23/08/2015 Domestic League, vs Barcelona in San Mamés (Home)
    27/08"2015 UEL, vs Zilina, 2nd leg in San Mamés (Home)

SQUAD

Signings: Gorka Elustondo - DMC - 26/1 (Real Sociedad), Eneko Bóveda - RB - 35/1 (Éibar), Jonás Ramalho - CB - 38/2 (Girona back from loan) & Javi Eraso - CDM - 39/8 (Leganés)
    Key Departures: Andoni Iraola - RB - 31/2 (New York City)
    Injuries: Iker Muniaín (November/15), Jonás Ramalho (January/16)

Probable line-up:
    4231 or 433 - Ernesto Valverde & Jon Aspiazu (coach)

Gorka Iraizoz (GK)
    De Marcos - Laporte - Etxeita - Belenziaga (DEF)
    Beñat - Iturraspe (MED)
    Susaeta - Iñaki Williams - Aduriz - Muniaín (DEL)

2015/2016 PERSPECTIVES

Usually I would wait for some more games or new acquisitions to evaluate a team, but this club can't sign anything. Press is talking about Monreal (LB - Arsenal) that will be a good add for the team, but as I said, there aren't good basque players outside Euskadi interested to join (normally re-join) Athletic Club. So, we know what to expect from this team and will depend if basque players suffer more or less injuries to keep the current 7th position in the league.

GK: Athletic Club won't have problems in the goal line this year while Gorka continues his decent performance. He's 34 yo, so it could be the only problem for them. Herrerín hasn't many experience, but looks a decent keeper. Kepa will leave the team on loan (Valladolid) in order to continuing playing games in Liga Adelante. Kepa is the future keeper of the club, since there aren't big future basque prospects at the present.

Gorka Iraizoz (34) - [9 seasons in the club]. Big experienced keeper that usually performs decently. Probably Ernesto Valverde will give more games to Iago Herrerín, due to a Gorka's age. However, I think he still could perform well with a solid back line ahead him. Athletic Club was the 6th better defensive side the past year, but they didn't take advantadge from San Mamés, specially in the offensive end. Improving this area, I think the team will boost his morale and will defend more compactly. All of it would result in Gorka that will stay more protected. 1 more year contract, and in my opinion this will be his last year as starter keeper in the club.
    Iago Herrerín (27) - [2 seasons in the club]. Iago is the Cup's keeper, and I don't think that they will improve his role this year. Athletic Club run deep last year in Cup and Herrerín played 9 games. Valverde didn't consider Iago for international participation, but he played in the last round against Torino. This fact perhaps could means that if Athletic Club reach the UEL groups phase, Herrerín could play some european games. Less experienced keeper in big games, but I think he could be a decent replacement if Gorka decreases his performance.

DEFENSE: The departure of Andoni Iraola after more than 10 years playing for the club, shall mean a big miss for the team, but a polyvalent Óscar De Marcos (LB, RB, MC, MR) with the rotation of newly signed Eneko Bóveda will take his place decently. If finally they could sign Monreal, will signify a good acquisition in the left side. Aurtenetxe probably will leave the club (confirmed, loaned to Tenerife) and the Arsenal's player will share position with Balenziaga, a physical left back. Laporte - Etxeita with Gurpegui and San José waiting for minutes in CB or CDM position will be enough for the aspirations of Athletic Club. If one of these two players plays in the midfield zone, Gorka Elustondo could play some games in this position, too.

CENTER MIDFIELD: Key player Beñat will put the creativity, again. Is very important that Ander Iturraspe could keep remain without injuries. The last season he missed some games and this fact is very important, because if Valverde wants to play eventually with a 433 formation, Ander is a key allaround player. In a 4231 system or even in a 433, Mikel Rico is a good complement that for sure will play a lot of games. Moreover, the basque coach will be available some young talented midfielders as Aketxe that played some games in the first team past year, and newly signed Javier Eraso (Ruiz de Galarreta will be loaned). Both two must to demostrate that are capable to play at high level. As I said in the defensive line, Mikel San José or Gurpegui could play as CDM, so this line is well covered, waiting to know how young players perform this year.

WINGS: Athletic Club has some very good wings in my eyes, but they're underperforming lately. With Iker Muniaín and Ibai Gómez the team should be forbidding in attack, but the reality is that Iker Muniaín had injuries problems and Ibai Gómez hadn't many confidence in his play, scoring only 1 single goal in 2014/2015 season, while he is a 8-9 goals per season player. In the RW I think there are no dubts with Markel Susaeta. Is the 8th season in the first team and the 27yo performs year by year, but as the whole attacking midfield, the past season lacked success in front of goal. Ibai Gómez - Muniaín - Susaeta in form is a top 5 offensive midfield attack in Liga BBVA with no dubts. The question is: will mantain the level playing 3 competitions? I doubt it. Muniaín won't play at 100% since December and I don't know if Ibai Gómez will recover his old good form.

STRIKERS: Aritz Aduriz sored well past year, but was the only one in the team. If more players would have perform better in front of goal, I think Athletic Club should be finished in fight for UCL zone and, at least, in 1/4 finals of UEL. Aduriz scored 23 goals last season and Williams showed some potential in a few games played, but Athletic Club need something else. Aduriz is 34yo and couldn't mantain his level much more time. Borja Viguera and Kike Sola aren't good players for Athletic Club, so we have a big problem here, because Iñaki Williams still have to prove his finishing hability at high level.

In my opinion if Iker Muniaín would be in a 90% fitness level in the second half of the season, this team should accomplish his main objectives (5-7th in league and 1/4 final in Cup). Ernesto Valverde is a good coach that with a healthy squad must improve the last season's performance, especially in Europe. Big defensive pressing and fast tempo is an objective to play. Maybe a midpoint between pass-pass-pass of Marcelo Bielsa and classic direct style that characterize historicaly the club.
    Last edited by LucaGarzeli; 22-08-15, 02:32.

Comment

• LucaGarzeli
      Freshman
      • Jul 2015

Club Atlético de Madrid

Rival teams:

· Real Madrid (derby)

Best league position:
      Winner 2013/2014
      3rd 2014/2015
      3rd 2012/2013

Best cup performance:
      Winner 2012/2013 (2-1aet vs Real Madrid)
      1/2 2013/2014 (0-5agg vs Real Madrid)
      Finalist 2009/2010 (0-2 vs Sevilla)

European deep run:
      Winner UEL 2011/2012 (3-0 vs Athletic Club)
      Winner UEL 2009/2010 (2-1aet vs Fulham)
      Finalist UCL 2013/2014 (1-4aet vs Real Madrid)

LAST SEASON

2014/2015 League position: 3rd
      2014/2015 Cup: 1/4 (2-4agg vs FC Barcelona)
      2014/2015 European Cup: UCL - 1/4 (0-1agg vs Real Madrid)

2014/2015 league facts:
      2nd best defensive team with 29 goals received in 38 games (0.76 - 0.68 in 2013/2014)
      2nd best defensive team at home with 11 goals received in 19 games (0.58 - 0.53 in 2013/2014)
      2nd best defensive team away with 18 goals received in 19 games (0.95 - 0.84 in 2013/2014)

It would be difficult keep the defensive intensity and the hungry to win games that Atlético de Madrid showed the 2013/2014 season, when the team won the ligue 18 years later (1995/1996). Atlético based his power in narrow results far from home, and incredible Diego Costa and an excellent tactical work in set pieces. The team switch, as almost every year, striker for striker. Diego Costa left the clob to join Chelsea and Mario Mandzukic was a starter forward reference.

Quickly we could see how those narrows 0-1 away became in a 0-0. However, the 1-2 victory against Real Madrid in Santiago Bernabéu in the 3rd round gave the 'colchoneros' some timeframe to show that they were the reigning champion and would fight as past year for the title. Unfortunately for them, they lost in 4 h2h matches against Barcelona (League + Cup) when in 2013/2014 they didn't lost none of the 6 matchups against catalan squad (League + SuperCopa + UCL). It's difficult to keep the rythm for 2nd year in a row, especially when you're competing against super high budgets as RMFC or FCB. But the main problem for Atlético wasn't the direct meetings against these two teams. The main problem was Diego Costa, that scored 27 goals while Manduzukic only added 12. Griezmann was a good signing too, but the defensive consistency of the team showed in the 2013/2014 season was something to remember, only tarnished for the late Sergio Ramo's goal in the UCL final. Will be hard to see again that kind of performance in a team that is changing continuously the forward position (Fernando Torres, later , later Aguero, later Falcao, later Diego Costa, later Mandzukic, now Jackson Martinez, 6 in 8 years). And how important is to have a good GK & ST. Diego Costa & Courtois performed awesome, at the same level that many champions in past years (Casillas - Van Nistelrooy, Casillas - Ronaldo, Valdés - Eto'o, Valdés - Messi, Cañizares - Mista, and so on).

In my honest opinion, Diego Simeone signified a big boost of morale for ATM. He gathered a bunch of south-american warriors ready for fight in every game (Diego Costa, Godín, Miranda, Filipe Luís) that added to the spanish base (Gabi - Juanfran - Mario Suárez - Koke - David Villa) the winner spirit that lacked ATM in the past years. It's too hard to keep the level when you're game by game demanding high level of pressure and concentration. Sometimes happen. Happened when Mourinho coached Chelsea in his 3rd year. Happened when Guardiola coached FCB in his 4th year. And probably happened to Simeone in his 4th season in ATM.

CURRENT SEASON

(Vicente Calderón)

2015/2016 Forecast: 3rd/4th
      2015/2016 European Competition: UCL - Groups Phase
      2015/2016 Competitions: 3x (DL, Cup, UCL)

Preseason: 5-2-1 /
      2-0 vs Numancia
      2-0 vs Real Oviedo
      1-1 @Sagan Tosu
      0-3 @Shanghai Sipg
      0-2 vs @Real Sociedad
      1-0 vs @Leganés
      0-0 vs @Cádiz
      3-0 vs @Betis

Official games:
      23/08/2015 Domestic League, vs Las Palmas in Vicente Calderón (Home)

SQUAD

Signings: Filipe Luis - LB - 26/1 (Chelsea), Luciano Vietto - FW - 48/20 (Villarreal), Ferreira Carrasco - RW - 50/7 (Monaco), Jackson Martínez - FW- 41/31 (Porto), Savic - CB - 40/2 (Fiorentina), Oliver Torres - OMC - 39/7 (Porto back from loan) & Ángel Correa - OMC - 0/0 (San Lorenzo)
      Key Departures: Arda Turan - LW/RW/OMC - 46/3 (FC Barcelona), Mario Mandzukic - FW - 43/20 (Juventus), Miranda - CB - 36/3 (Inter on loan), Cristian Rodríguez - LW - (Independiente), Raúl Jiménez - FW - 26/1 (Benfica), & Mario Suárez - CDM - 34/2 (Fiorentina)

Probable line-up:
      442 or 4231 - Simeone & Burgos (coach)

Oblak (GK)
      Juanfran - Jiménez - Godín - Filipe Luís (DEF)
      Koke - Tiago - Gabi - Griezmann (MED)
      Vietto - Jackson Martínez (DEL)

2015/2016 PERSPECTIVES

I wanna see some friendly games in order to approach the formation that Simeone will use in this season. I'm wondering a classic 4231 with Griezmann - Koke - Ferreira - Jackson, but I think Luciano Vietto can't stay at the bench, so maybe he prefer 442 with Koke - Griezmann at the wings and 2 strikers as Jackson / Vietto.
      Last edited by LucaGarzeli; 19-08-15, 17:52.

Comment

• LucaGarzeli
        Freshman
        • Jul 2015

Futbol Club Barcelona

Rival teams:

· Real Madrid (classic)
        · Espanyol (derby)

Best league position:
        Winner 2014/2015
        Winner 2012/2013
        Winner 2010/2011

Best cup performance:
        Winner 2014/2015 (3-1 vs Athletic Club)
        Winner 2012/2013 (3-0 vs Athletic Club)
        Winner 2012/2013 (4-1 vs Athletic Club)

European deep run:
        Winner 2014/2015 (3-1 vs Juventus)
        Winner 2010/2011 (3-1 vs Man. United)
        Winner 2008/2009 (2-0 vs Man. United)

LAST SEASON

2014/2015 League position: Winner
        2014/2015 Cup: Winner
        2014/2015 European Cup: Winner

2014/2015 league facts:
        1st Team with less games lost (4 - 5 in 2013/2014)
        1st best defensive team with 21 goals received (0.54 - 0.85 in 2013/2014)
        1st best away team with only 12 points lost (21% - 35% in 2013/2014)

There are very few things to say about a team that has won the treble. FC Barcelona was simply the best team in Europe the last season winning Atlético x4, Man. City x2, PSG x2, Bayern & Real Madrid. They did all the things that a big club has to do to win everything: good tactical job, perfect physical preparation, appropiate rotation of the players the first 6 months of the season, and the most important, arrive to April involved in all the competitions. Luis Enrique was criticized the first third of the season because he played with too much different line-ups, and because he lost against Real Madrid in the first matchup, but mainly people was worried about a fact that Luis Enrique couldn't manage: Real Madrid played decently in a favorable schedule. Real Madrid won 22 games in a row between September and December, playing against low teams (only 2 games against Liverpool and the mentioned vs Barcelona in this period). Although that was a propitious calendar to play for, sincerely Real Madrid played well, and this fact, the bad past FC Barcelona's season without win anything and the Champions League title won by RMCF the last season, made that the spanish press pushed for Real Madrid interests.

Until January. Then, Real Madrid won the Club World Cup and had to play with decent teams. They lost against Atlético de Madrid for 3rd time that season being kicked out of the spanish Cup, lost against Valencia, and the Real Madrid's depression started when ATM demolished them winning 4-0 in Vicente Calderón in league. After that, some bad results (1-1 vs Villarreal at home, 3-4 vs Schalke 04 at home) and, curiously, the touch of grace, a good 45 minutes in the clásico against FC Barcelona that finished with a 2-1 defeat, meaning that FC Barcelona depended of himself to win the spanish league.

When Real Madrid was playing better at the start of the season, FC Barcelona wasn't in a good physical form, Luís Suárez still wasn't playing with the team, and the attacking tempo wasn't high enough. But as everybody knows, you can't win a big trophy in December, so it's silly to stay physically at 100% in these phase of the year. With the good rotation that made Luis Enrique, some players were fresh and without fatigue. However, this isn't the only fact to explain the treble. Players talked about the day that Andoni Zubizarreta (ex Dream Team goalkeeper and ex sporting director [Director Deportivo] of the club) left the club. FC Barcelona lost against Real Sociedad in San Sebastián and Zubi was fired. Something changed after that day and players changed his mentality in order to be stronger.

They returned to play matches in January with less than 4 day-difference (tuesday-saturday) and this fact was beneficial to the team, because was useful to put some players in form (Suárez) and prepare the team to a demanding future games. The team had a big boost of morale eliminating Atlético de Madrid (winning both 2 games for first time in 2 whole seasons) and Villarreal early in February. This signified that they will play another final, and they could focused in Champions League. When they visited Man. City and PSG, they were in a good shape, and the team played two BIG first half in these games, showing that they could still play fast short-passing style and remembering some brilliant games that they played in the Guardiola's era. Maybe the team lost some control in midfield (an example is some sectiones in the UCL final against Juventus) but won much more power upfront.

Everybody knows how the story ended, but a very few people could imagine in December this outcome. Johan Cruyff, ex player, coach and FCB's legend, said in the Dream Team's era that "all that a big club need is arrive to April fighting for all". If you plan a season with this objective, to stay healthy in April-May, the result could be something similar to the past FCB season, some doubts in December, and fully form in May. But a team don't win a treble only with good physical tone. There are some similarties between this team and Pep Guardiola's team in 2009. High preassure, fast tempo, nice positional attack... but in my opinion, are more important the differences than the similarties. Luis Enrique changed all the little details that made vulnerable that team when the short-passing style didn't work.

'Tata' Martino tried the past season to change this kind of things, but the team and the press didn't accepted the role. But, sincerely, If you have a team with Messi - Neymar - Suárez upfront, you don't have to be afreid to play counterattacking style sometimes. On the contrary, it would be a two-headed dragon: the other team can't press full pitch because you could make some long passes to the big three. But the other team neither could stay back and wait, because you're very good attacking defenses positionally. Dominating this resource (I don't belive that FCB has dominated the counterattacking style, but they did it well) you can make the high pressure that Guardiola did in his time as FCB's coach. And finally, don't forget that the team still have the quality to win such trophies. Maybe the evolution involved too many areas and people thought that was very difficult to comeback and win it all again, but life is 'evolve or die', and FCB has became from a midfielders team to a forwards team.

The team isn't an old one (the only players that surpass the 30 yo are Iniesta, Mascherano and Dani Alves) but Xavi Hernández is a veteran player that can't play 90 minutes in all the games, and you have to switch your style of game, because you haven't other Xavi in the team, and probably you won't have other Xavi in the Massia for a long time. It's a big mistake to belive that the things are as easy as put other player in Xavi's position and play the same way, and Luis Enrique did it perfectly. Some people said that Barcelona couldn't win again because they can't play as in Guardiola's era, because the teams now can win the midfield zone to Barcelona, because the team seemed broke in some lenghts of the games... but this is exactly the reason why they aren't coachs and Luis Enrique won 3 titles in his first year as FC Barcelona coach.

CURRENT SEASON

(Nou Camp)

2015/2016 Forecast: 1st/2nd
        2015/2016 European Competition: UCL - Groups Phase
        2015/2016 Competitions: 6x (DL, Cup, UCL, European SuperCup, Spanish SuperCopa, Club World Cup)

Preseason: 2-1-2 /
        1-2 vs @Los Ángeles Galaxy
        3-1 vs @Manchester United
        2-2 vs @Chelsea
        2-1 vs @Fiorentina
        3-0 vs Roma

Official games: 0-2-1 /
        5-4 (agg) vs Sevilla - European SuperCup
        4-0 vs Athletic Club - SuperCopa, 1st leg
        1-1 vs Athletic Club - Spanish SuperCopa, 2nd leg

23/08/2015 Domestic League, vs Athletic Club in San Mamés (Away)

SQUAD

Probable line-up:
        433 - Luis Enrique & Unzué (coach)

Bravo (GK)
        Dani Alves - Piqué - Mascherano - Jordi Alba (DEF)
        Rakitic - Busquets - Iniesta (MED)
        Neymar - Luís Suárez - Messi (DEL)

Signings: Aleix Vidal - RB/RM - 47/6 (Sevilla) & Arda Turan - RW/LW/CAM - 46/3 (Atlético)
        Key Departures: Xavi - MC - 44/2 (Al Sadd), Pedro - LW/RW - 50/11 (Chelsea)
        Injuries: Aleix Vidal (uefa ban, January/16), Arda Turan (uefa ban, January/16)

2015/2016 PERSPECTIVES
        Last edited by LucaGarzeli; 22-08-15, 02:33.

Comment

• LucaGarzeli
          Freshman
          • Jul 2015

Real Club Celta de Vigo

Rival teams:

· Deportivo (derby)

Best league position:
          6th 2005/2006
          8th 2014/2015
          9th 2013/2014

Best cup performance:
          1/4 2009/2010 (1-2agg vs Atlético de Madrid)
          1/8 2014/2015 (4-4agg vs Athletic Club)
          1/8 2012/2014 (2-5agg vs Real Madrid)

European deep run:
          1/8 2006/2007 (0-3agg vs Werder Bremen)

LAST SEASON

2014/2015 League position: 8th
          2014/2015 Cup: 1/8 (4-4agg vs Athletic Club)
          2014/2015 European Cup: No

League facts:
          6th best attack at home with 30 goals (1.58 - 1.21 in 2013/2014)
          6th team with less away defeats [7] (11 in 2013/2014)
          2nd team with less 0-0 (1), behind Real Madrid (0) (2 in 2013/2014)

Celta de Vigo was one of the most atractive teams to watch at the beggining of the season. New coach 'Toto' Berizzo likes to play good soccer, press high as he showed when they trained de chilean team O'Higgins the last 3 seasons (Finalist of the final series in 2012 loosing 3-3agg in penalties against Universidad de Chile, Champion in 2013). They got good results in the first 10 rounds (drewing 2-2 in Vicente Calderón and winning 0-1 in Nou Camp) but since then, they entered in a bad result's shape with an extremely low offensive efficiency (9 matches with a single goal scored between 11th and 19th round and 2 points out 27 possible). The team was playing well, but they arrived to the final 30 minutes without energy to decide the games. Pressure wasn't being succseful, and that affected in the offensive end.

In the 10 firsts rounds the team was scoring OK, but they only had 3 players on fire in front of goal: Nolito, Orellana & Larrivey. In 19 rounds,they hadn't players with a single goal apart from that 3 players. 18 goals scored by 3 players. Obviously, when these 3 players failed to score, nobody did it and the team couldn't take points of the games, and they fell down near to the relegation zone. Winter break was possitive for them, and the team, after play some tough games against Sevilla and Valencia, came back to Balaidos to win again in the second half of the season. Nolito scored well again and carried on the big part of the galician attack. A current Valencia's player, Santi Mina, woke up in the second half of the season, partly because Berizzo had to search some resources in order to add fresh blood to a team that, as I said, in some lenghts of the games seemed exhausted. He added 7 goals in the last 8, with a poker against Rayo Vallecano included. In the final 11 rounds the team only lost against Barcelona & Real Madrid, but couldn't achieve the european spot by a few points.

The regularity was the main problem for Celta and Berizzo. In my opinion, the first season of the argentinean coach was good. The team showed good details in some games, was attractive to see the mobility of Nolito - Orellana and Larrivey/Santi Mina/Charles under the command of Krohn-Dehli. Maybe with a better management, the team could have got some extra points in those 13 games that finished with a single goal (usually loosing 0-1).

CURRENT SEASON

(Balaídos)

2015/2016 Forecast:
          2015/2016 European Competition: No
          2015/2016 Competitions: 2x

Preseason: 1-1-2 /
          1-0 vs @Greuther Fürth;
          2-2 vs @Nurenberg
          2-1 vs @Galatasaray
          1-0 vs @Ingolstadt

Official games:
          23/08/2015 Domestic League, vs Levante in Ciutat de València (Away)

SQUAD

Signings: Iago Aspas - FW - 25/10 (Sevilla), Daniel Wass - RW - 33/9 (Evian), Dejan Drazic - LW/OMC - 26/4 (Partizan) John Guidetti - FW - 35/15 [Celtic on loan] (Man. City)
          Departures: Santi Mina - FW - 24/9 (Valencia), Charles - FW - 31/4 (Málaga), Krohn-Dehli - OMC - 38/1 (Sevilla), Larrivey - FW - 36/12 (Baniyas Abu Dhabi) & Álex López - MC - 28/2 (Sheffield Wed. on loan)

Probable line-up:
          433 - 'Toto' Berizzo (coach)

Sergio Álvarez (GK)
          Dani Mallo - Fontás - Cabral - Johny (DEF)
          Augusto Fernández - Pablo Hernández - Orellana (MED)
          Nolito - Guidetti - Wass (DEL)

2015/2016 PERSPECTIVES
          Last edited by LucaGarzeli; 19-08-15, 17:53.

Comment

• LucaGarzeli
            Freshman
            • Jul 2015

Real Club Deportivo de la Coruña

Rival teams:

· Celta (derby)

Best league position:
            7th 2008/2009
            8th 2005/2006
            8th 2004/2005

Best cup performance:
            1/2 2005/2006 (1-2agg vs Espanyol)
            1/2 2006/2007 (0-5agg vs Sevilla)
            1/4 2010/2011 (2-3agg vs Almería)

European deep run:
            4th - Groups Phase 2004/2005

LAST SEASON

2014/2015 League position: 16th
            2014/2015 Cup: 1/16 (2-5agg vs Málaga)

League facts:
            1st team with more games drawed (14 - 12 in 2013/2014 Liga Adelante)
            (20th) team with less away victories (2 - 11 in 2013/2014 Liga Adelante)
            (19th) team with less goals scored away with 13 (0.74 - 1.14 in 2013/2014)

After climb up 3 divisions in the 80's, Deportivo had his best era whit the known "Súper Dépor" with World champions players like Mauro Silva or Bebeto. They fought some leagues against Barcelona or Valencia, but it wasn't since the 2000's when could win his first, and unique league title. Deportivo, trained by Javier Irureta, had a solid squad with high performances in all competitions winning a legue, two spanish Cups and arriving at the Champions League semi-finals in 2003/2004, when they lost against the future champions, Porto, in a "strange" game decided by a penalty that ex-referee Pierluigi Collina whistled, followed by a red car in a 10 minutes span.

After that, Fran, Diego Tristán, Molina, Valerón & company left the club and the team entered in a bad era with low cost players. Deportivo got relegated 2 times in 3 years for first time since de 80's, and the player's level was quite questionable. The last season the team had a spanish base of players (in 90's and 2000's they distinguished signing good foreigner players) in a mix between young and veteran players coached by an Liga BBVA's expert Víctor Fernández. They completed the squad with some portuguese players that didn't add nothing special to the team. In the first 14 rounds, they only added 10 points, with some embarrasing defeats (2-8 vs Real Madrid). After that, they managed to gain some points at home vs low classified teams adjusting well defensively, but the second half of the season was poor and Víctor Fernández was fired and the club hired the ex Real Madrid player Víctor Sánchez in order to avoid the relegation zone.

The team continued playing bad with lack of power in attack, winning 1 of the last 16 league games. Miraculously, the schedule was favourable for them and managed to win 2-0 Levante in 37th round. The valencian team had nothing to play for, while in the 38th round they visited the champion FC Barcelona. They cameback somehow in Camp Nou, where they lost 2-0 in 67th minute. With a combo of results and a bad 2nd half of the season made by Eibar, the team got the safe spot in the last round and survived in a dramatically final of the season. In the post-season, a lot of players left the club and with a low budget, the galicians must to rebuild in order to be more competitive in the next season.

CURRENT SEASON

(Riazor)

2015/2016 Forecast:
            2015/2016 Competitions: 2x

Preseason: 6-2-2 /
            0-3 vs @Silva
            1-3 vs @Racing Ferrol
            0-3 vs @Racing Villalbés
            0-1 vs @Ponferradina
            1-0 vs @Lugo
            0-0 vs @Huddlesfield Town
            0-0 vs @Swansea City
            2-1 vs @Real Oviedo
            1-0 vs Sporting Braga
            0-4 vs @Galicia de Mugardos

Next game: 23/08/2015 Domestic league, vs Real Sociedad in Riazor (Home)

SQUAD

Probable line-up:
            4231 - Víctor Sánchez - Franganillo (coach)

Fabricio (GK)
            Juanfran - Sidnei - Lopo - Fernando Navarro (DEF)
            Medunjanin - Álex Bergantiños
            Luís Alberto - Celso Borges - Fede Cartabia (MED)
            Oriol Riera (DEL)

Signings: Fayçal Fajr - OMC - 38/1 (Elche) Fede Cartabia - LW/RW - 30/4 [loan on Cordoba] (loan from Valencia) Fernando Navarro - LB - 32/0 (Sevilla), Luís Alberto - OMC - 20/2 [Málaga on loan] (Liverpool on loan), Alejandro Arribas - CB - 18/0 (Sevilla), Saúl García - LB - 36/0 (Racing Santander) & Cani - MC/LM - (Villarreal)
            Departures: Isaac Cuenca - RW - 29/2 (free), Helder Postiga - FW - 16/2 (free), Toché - FW - 26/5 (free), 5 end of loan (Canella, Salomao, Helder Costa, Borja López & Lucas Pérez).

2015/2016 PERSPECTIVES
            Last edited by LucaGarzeli; 19-08-15, 17:54.

Comment

• LucaGarzeli
              Freshman
              • Jul 2015

Sociedad Deportiva Eibar

Best league position:
              18th 2014/2015
              1st 2013/2014 (Liga Adelante)
              4th 2004/2005 (Liga Adelante)

Best cup performance:
              1/8 2012/2013 (1-4agg vs Málaga)
              1/16 2014/2015 (1-5agg vs Getafe)

European deep run:
              No

LAST SEASON

2014/2015 League position: 18th
              2014/2015 Cup: 1/16 (1-5agg vs Getafe)

League facts:
              · The team avoid the relegation zone adding only 8 out 57 points in the 2nd half of the season
              · 8th best defense far from home with 26 goals received
              · 18th team in the avarage goals per game ranking (2.34)

Newly promoted Éibar sourprised everybody when in the first half of the season added 27 points with one of the lowest budgets of Primera División. Formed almost for basque players, the team coached by Gaizka Garitano, ex Athletic Club player, was a team tough at home and solid away, basing his play in defense and quick attacks, and only lost for more than a goal difference against Barcelona & Real Madrid. Something changed in the second half of the season, apart from the departure of one of the most importants defensive players, Albentosa, that signed for Derby County. The defensive strenght finished with that sell, and the success in front of goal never existed, tought with more morale, the team not scored bad at all in the first half of the season.

That 5 points out 57 in the last 17 rounds signified that the team should win against relegated Córdoba and wait for a good results in Granada and Barcelona. Éibar won easily 3-0, but Granada and Atlético de Madrid only needed a point, and just drewing 0-0. The sourprise came when Deportivo was able to steal a point from Barcelona, and Éibar, one of the revelation teams of the first 19 games, got relegated. That final result was the same that everybody expected at the beggining of the season, but with some good games the team excited the fan base in Ipurúa.

The destiny wanted to take part in this one, and Elche got relegated due to a adminsitrative issues late in July. In the same way that other basque team, Mirandés, didn't go to 3rd Division in 2014 because Murcia's administratives problems, Éibar stayed one season more in Primera División. The team will have big problems to find good players in order to accomplish the permanence in the division, so everybody expects, again, that Éibar would be one of the bottom 3 teams at the end of the season.

CURRENT SEASON

(Ipurúa)

2015/2016 Forecast:
              2015/2016 Competitions: x2

Preseason:3-3-3 /

1-4 vs Celtic
              0-1 vs @Logroñés
              1-3 vs @ Real Unión
              0-0 vs @Mirandés
              1-0 vs @Osasuna
              1-1 vs @Mensajero
              1-1 vs @Tenerife
              0-2 vs @Numancia
              1-0 vs @Valladolid

Next game: 23/08/2015 Domestic League, vs Granada in Nuevo Los Cármenes (Away)

SQUAD

Probable line-up:
              4231 - José Luís Mendilibar (coach)

Xabier Irureta (GK)
              Dos Santos - Iván Ramis -Borja Ekiza - Antonio Luna (DEF)
              Dani García - Adrián González
              Saúl Berjón - Ander Capa - Dani Nieto (MED)
              Mikel Arruabarrena (DEL)

Key Signings: Mauro Dos Santos - RB/CB - 33/1 (Almería), Asier Riesgo - GK - 22/0 (Osasuna), Adrián González - MC - 30/1 (Elche), Iván Ramis - CB - 13/0 (Levante/Wigan), Gonzalo Escalante - RM -26/1 (Catania on loan), Sergi Enrich - FW - 40/16 (Numancia), Keko - RW - 33/6 (Albacete), Antonio Luna - LB - 4/0 [Spezia on loan] - (Aston Villa)
              Departures: Javi Lara - RW - 31/1 (Indian League), Eneko Bóveda - RW - 35/1 (Athletic Club), 6 end of loan (Abraham, Manu del Moral, Didac Vilà, Piovaccari, Rafa Pérez & Raúl Navas)

2015/2016 PERSPECTIVES
              Last edited by LucaGarzeli; 19-08-15, 18:29.

Comment

• LucaGarzeli
                Freshman
                • Jul 2015

Reial Club Deportiu Espanyol

Rival teams:

· Barcelona (derby)

Best league position:
                5th 2004/2005
                8th 2010/2011
                10th 2014/2015

Best cup performance:
                Winner 2005/2006 (4-1 vs Real Zaragoza)
                1/2 2014/2015 (1-3agg vs Athletic Club)
                1/4 2013/2014 (0-2agg vs Real Madrid)

European deep run:
                Finalist 2006/2007 (2-2pk vs Sevilla)

LAST SEASON

2014/2015 League position: 10th
                2014/2015 Cup: 1/2 (1-3agg vs Athletic Club)

League facts:
                6th best attack away with 24 goals (1.26 - 0.95 in 2013/2014)
                Sergio García 3rd spanish topscorer in the year of his departure (14 goals - career high)

RCD Espanyol, the ohter team of Barcelona, was always an avarage team with some good results in Cup competitions. The last season they started with some doubts, but the new manager Sergio González (ex Espanyol & Deportivo midfielder) managed to adjust some defensive problems in order to gain some points in after the round 4. There aren't many things to say about that team. Espanyol is always selling his better players because his low budget and economic difficulties. The team is focused in the youth academy and they only have 1 foreign player in the current starting XI (Héctor Moreno). The rest of the squad is fully spaniard, expect the striker, a position that Espanyol has been lacking in the past years.

Past season the team finally became in a team that tried to play an open style of soccer with the influence of his coach Sergio González, that loves to play attractive style of game. Unfortunately for them, they didn't take advantadge of his modern stadium (only 46% of tickets sold in home games last season), where some low teams stole points (Eibar 1-2, Elche 1-1), but in general terms the team performed better than I could expected with his current squad. Most clutch player was Sergio García, but there wasn't quality players to fight for something important. Lucas Vázquez, on loan from Real Madrid, and the south-american forwards (Caicedo-Stuani) made some good performances that put the team in an avarage position in the standings.

In Cup the team performed very well went through 1/8 and 1/4 against very good teams as Valencia or Sevilla with good victories in Power8 Stadium, but in the decisive semifinal's game against Athletic Club, the team failed to manage a 1-1 draw in San Mamés and didn't qualify for the final, where they had met FC Barcelona, in a Spanish Cup final that would be for them a big prize for a decent season.

CURRENT SEASON

(Power8 Stadium)

2015/2016 Forecast:

Preseason: 2-4-1 /
                0-17 vs @Vall D'Aràn Combined Team
                0-2 vs @Köln
                0-0 vs @Avellino
                0-0 vs @Reading
                1-1 vs @Southampton
                1-1 vs Betis
                3-0 vs @Girona

Next game: 23/08/2015 Domestic League, vs Getafe in Power8 Stadium (Cornellà, Home)

SQUAD

Probable line-up:
                4231 or 433 - Sergio González (coach)

Pau López (GK)
                Arbilla - Ciani - Álvaro González - Juan Fuentes (DEF)
                Víctor Sánchez - Javi López
                Salva Sevilla, Paco Montañés, Hernán Pérez (MED)
                Caicedo (DEL)

Key Signings: Gerard Moreno - FW - 39/16 (Villarreal) Francesco Bardi - GK - 11/1 (on loan from Chievo Verona), Mickael Ciani - CB - 12/0 (Sporting Club), Hernán Pérez - LW - 16/4 [Valladolid on loan] (Villarreal), Marco Asensio - OMC - 36/6 (on loan from Real Madrid) & Burgui - LW - 37/7 (Castilla)
                Key Departures: Héctor Moreno - CB - 26/1 (PSV)Lucas Vázquez - RM - 39/4 (Real Madrid rebuy), Kiko Casilla - GK - 37/0 (Real Madrid), Christian Stuani - FW - 44/15 (Middlesbrough), Sergio García - FW - 41/15 (Al-Rayyan) & Diego Colotto - CB - 26/1 (free)

2015/2016 PERSPECTIVES
                Last edited by LucaGarzeli; 21-08-15, 02:43.

Comment

• LucaGarzeli
                  Freshman
                  • Jul 2015

Getafe Club de Fútbol

Best league position:
                  6th 2009/2010
                  9th 2005/2006
                  9th 2006/2007

Best cup performance:

Finalist 2006/2007 (0-1 vs Sevilla)
                  Finalist 2007/2008 (1-3 vs Valencia)
                  1/2 2009/2010 (1-2 vs Sevilla)

European deep run:
                  UEL 1/4 2007/2008 (3-3agg vs Bayern Münich)

LAST SEASON

2014/2015 League position: 15th
                  2014/2015 Cup: 1/4 (0-2agg vs Villarreal)

League facts:
                  · Getafe is winless in the last 8 Spanish League games
                  · 18th most scorer team at home with 16 goals (0.84 - 1.05 in 2013/2014)
                  · 4th worst team away (17th) with 14 points out 57 (0.74 - 0.95 in 2013/2014)

Main problem of Getafe the last season was the power in attack. In the fist half of the season they haven't a clear referent in attack and the team only was capable to score 10 goals in the first 15 league games. 2nd half of the season wasn't much better, but the most quality players (Sarabia, Diego Castro, Álvaro Vázquez) emerged to add some goals that resulted in value points to avoid the relegation zone. Getafe is 5 seasons in a row with a low budget.

Nevertheless, the Geta's attacking line is not bad at all, with some interesting players as Pedro León (ex Real Madrid), and the aforementioned Sarabia, Diego Castro and Álvaro Vázquez (ex Espanyol). Experienced Lacen and Juan Rodríguez were the 2 center defensive midfielders the last season, working well in their position, but they are players lacking of creativity, as the whole team (most clutch players of the team, Diego León and Diego Castro scored only 2 and 3 goals respectively). Rumanian coach Cosmin Contra coached the team the fist half of the season, while current Watford's coach, Quique Sánchez Flores, stayed at the team 2 weeks until he resign and the former team coach, Pablo Franco, finished the season as well as he could.

Getafe is a team with a reduced fan base, and Coliseum isn't a very hot stadium, except some games against Barcelona or Valencia. They avaraged 41% tickets sold of the 17.000 available seats the last season. This fact helps the away teams to gain some points in close games.

CURRENT SEASON

(Coliseum Alfonso Pérez)

2015/2016 Forecast:

Preseason: 4-1-2 /
                  2-2 vs @Port Vale
                  1-3 vs @Milton Keynes
                  2-0 vs @Fleetwood Town
                  1-0 vs @Middlesbrough
                  1-2 vs @Albacete
                  0-2 vs @Gimnástica Segoviana
                  0-2 vs @Córdoba

Next game: 23/08/2015 Domestic League, vs Espanyol in Power8 Stadium (Cornellà, Away)

SQUAD

Probable line-up:
                  4231 - Fran Escribà (coach)

Guaita (GK)
                  Dmián Suárez - Vergini -Alexis - Velázquez (DEF)
                  Juan Rodríguez - Lacen
                  Moi Gómez - Víctor Rodríguez - Pedro León (MED)
                  Álvaro Vázquez (DEL)

Key Signings: Cala - CB - 10/0 [Granada & Cardiff] (Granada), Damián Suárez - RB - 37/1 (Elche), Álvaro Medrán - CDM - 27/6 [Castilla] (Real Madrid on loan), Vergini - CB - 33/0 (Sunderland), Moi Gómez - LW - 42/4 (Villarreal on loan), Bernard Mensah - MC - 30/5 [Vitoria Guimaraes] (on loan from Atlético de Madrid), Víctor Rodríguez - LW/RW/OMC - 38/4 (Real Zaragoza) & Megyeri - GK - 10/0 (Olympiakos)
                  Key Departures: Sergio Escudero - LB - 34/2 (Sevilla), & Diego Castro - LW - 36/4 (free)
                  Injuries: Karim Yoda (October/15)

2015/2016 PERSPECTIVES
                  Last edited by LucaGarzeli; 19-08-15, 18:32.

Comment

• LucaGarzeli
                    Freshman
                    • Jul 2015

Granada Club de Fútbol

Best league position:
                    15th 2013/2014
                    15th 2012/2013
                    17th 2014/2015

Best cup performance:
                    2014/2015 1/8
                    2013/2014 1/16
                    2012/2013 1/16

European deep run
                    No

LAST SEASON

2014/2015 League position: 17th
                    2014/2015 Cup: 1/8 (1-6agg vs Sevilla)

League facts:
                    · (1st) Team with more draws with 14 (5 in 2013/2014)
                    · (19th) 2nd team with less wins with 7 (12 in 2013/2014)
                    · (19th) 2nd team with less goals scored with 29 (0.76 - 0.84 in 2013/2014)

Granada is a extremely defensive team at home, while normally receive a lot of goals far from home, specially against big teams. Nuevo Los Cármenes is the 5th smallest stadium of Primera División, but is the 5th best stadium in occupancy rate, with 76% of tickets sold the last season (avaraging 17.700 out 22.000). This fact gave Granada the possibility to lost only 5 games at home and add 22 decisive points to avoid the relegation zone with a 0-0 draw against Atlético de Madrid in the last round. Given that FC Barcelona won 1-3 and Real Madrid won 0-4, Granada only conceded 10 goals in 17 games at home vs the rest of the teams in the league with 5 draws to nil.

After a good start of the season with 8 points out 12, Granada stayed 16 games without a single win, winning 7 points out 48. Main coach, Joaquín Caparrós was sacked, subbed by ex Atlético de Madrid GK Abél Resino, and Abel was subbed by Sandoval in the last 4 rounds, when Granada was virtually relegated, he managed again to won 10 points out 12 points and avoid miraculously the relegation zone. When I say "again" I mean that Ramón Sandoval saved Rayo Vallecano in 2012 with a Raúl Tamudo's goal in 90th minute (causing the Villarreal's relegation).

In the fist 13 games of 2014/2015 season the team only scored 7 goals in the 13 first games. Granada, as some teams involved in the relegation battle, haven't a clear attacking reference. In this case the have El Arabi that managed to score 8 goals, but with a midfield formed by Iturra - Fran Rico/Rubén Pérez there are an important lack of creativity in the team. Only Javi Márquez when he isn't injured has a slightly offensive-mind. There are some wingers that could score as Piti that scored 18 goals 2 seasons ago with Rayo Vallecano or Rubén Rochina, FC Barceloan former player, but the style of game provides less goal chances. The next 2015/2016 season with Ramón Sandoval coaching the team since the 1st round of the season, we could see a different team's face.

CURRENT SEASON

(Nuevo Los Cármenes)

2015/2016 Forecast:

Preseason: 4-1-3 /

1-1 vs @Lorca LaHoya
                    2-0 vs Albacete
                    2-0 vs @Córdoba
                    1-2 vs Ittihad Tanger
                    2-0 vs Udinese
                    2-1 vs Al Wasl
                    2-1 vs @Betis
                    1-3 vs @Cádiz

Next game: 23/08/2013 Domestic League, vs Eibar/Elche in Nuevo Los Cármenes (Home)

SQUAD

Probable line-up:
                    4231 - Ramón Sandoval (coach)

Andrés Fernández (GK)
                    Miguel Lopes - Mainz - Lombán - Salva Ruíz (DEF)
                    Javi Márquez - Krhin
                    Thievy - Piti - Nico López (MED)
                    El Arabi (DEL)

Key Signings: David Lombán - CB - 36/5 (Elche), Gaspar Íñiguez - MC - 14/0 (Argentinos Juniors), Rene Krhin - CDM/MC - 14/0 [loan on Cordoba] (Inter Milán), Musavu-King - CB - 6/1 (Caen), Salva Ruíz - LB - 35/1 (Valencia Mestalla), Andrés Fernández - GK - 3/0 (Porto on loan), Robert Ibáñez - RW - 21/6 [Valencia & Granada] (Valencia on loan), Edgar Méndez - LW - 31/4 (Almeria), Miguel Lopes - RB - 21/0 [loan on Sporting Club] (on loan from Olympique Lyon) & Nico López - FW/RW - 26/5 (on loan from Udinese),
                    Key Departures: Jeison Murillo - CB - 19/0 (Internazionale), Roberto Fernández - GK - 23/0 (Lugo) & 8 end of loan (Colunga, Nyom, Lass Bangoura, Juan Carlos, Rubén Pérez, Candeias & Israfilov)

2015/2016 PERSPECTIVES
                    Last edited by LucaGarzeli; 19-08-15, 18:33.

Comment

• LucaGarzeli
                      Freshman
                      • Jul 2015

Unión Deportiva Las Palmas

Rival teams:

· Tenerife (derby)

Best league position:
                      4th 2014/2015 (Liga Adelante)
                      6th 2013/2014 (Liga Adelante)
                      6th 2012/2013 (Liga Adelante)

Best cup performance:
                      2012/2013 1/8
                      2013/2014 1/16
                      2014/2015 1/16

European deep run:
                      No

LAST SEASON

2014/2015 League position: 4th (Liga Adelante)
                      2014/2015 Cup: 1/16 (3-4agg vs Celta)

League facts:
                      · 2nd team with less defeats with 8 in Liga Adelante (15 in 2013/2014)
                      · (1st) Team with more goals scored with 73 (1.74 - 1.21 in 2013/2014)
                      · 2nd team in the avarage goals per game ranking (11th in 2013/2014)

SPANISH*: La temporada pasada, de la mano de Paco Herrera (ex Zaragoza, ex Celta) el Las Palmas consiguió el ansiado ascenso que le fue arrebatado en la campaña 2013/2014 por un postrero (postrerísimo) gol del Córdoba en el noventa y tantos. El equipo ha mejorado con Herrera ostensiblemente, y ha sido uno de los mejores en casa, donde ha segurado su puesto para playoffs. Un hombre ha sido el artífice principal del ascenso insular: Sergio Araujo. Cuando jugaba en el Barcelona B no le vi nada especial, pero este año ha explotado, ciertamente. El ofensivo 433 que propone Herrera ha propiciado que el Las Palmas haya sido el equipo más goleador de Segunda División. Quizá también por ese estilo, el equipo ha sufrido rachas diversas. Pero la más importante fue a 5 jornadas para el final de liga donde el conjunto amarillo encadenó 5 victorias consecutivas, justo a tiempo para comenzar el playoff del cual el equipo ya tenía experiencia acumulada del año pasado. Finalmente se quedaron a 4 puntos del 2º puesto, por lo que con un poco más de regularidad podían haber ascendido directamente.

Una vez en el playoff el equipo tiró de experiencia para pasar una durísima eliminatoria ante el Valladolid, clasificándose por los goles anotados fuera de casa, y de épica, al remontar el 3-1 con el que el Zaragoza se plantó en la final. Al igual que el gol de Ulises Dávila para el Córdoba fue recordado por la gente en las islas como uno de los más trágicos vividos últimamente, el gol que anotó Sergio Araújo en el minuto 85 será recordado como uno de los más épicos. Tras quedarse a las puertas de entrar en la fase de ascenso en 2012 y de 2 playoffs fallidos en los años siguientes, creo que es más que merecido que el Las Palmas forme parte de la élite española.

CURRENT SEASON

(Estadio de Gran Canaria)

2015/2016 Forecast:

Preseason: 4-0-4 /

0-5 vs @Mensajero
                      1-0 vs @Tenerife
                      0-3 vs @Laguna
                      1-2 vs @Maritimo (SPA)
                      2-0 vs @Almería
                      0-1 vs Tenerife
                      1-0 vs @Rayo Vallecano
                      4-2 vs Moghreb Athletic

Next game: 23/08/2015 Domestic League, vs Atlético de Madrid in Vicente Calderón (Away)

SQUAD

Probable line-up:
                      433 - Paco Herrera - Ángel Rodríguez (coach)

Javi Varas (GK)
                      Ángel López - Aythami - Alcaraz - Garrido (DEF)
                      Culio - Javi Castellano - Roque Mesa (MED)
                      Nauzet Alemán - Jonathan Viera - Sergio Araujo (DEL)

Key Signings: Antolín Alcaraz - CB - 11/0 (Everton), Javier Garrido - LB - 7/0 (Norwich), Javi Varas - GK - 41/0 (Valladolid) & Pedro Bigas - CB - 28/1 (Mallorca)
                      Key Departures: Marcelo Silva - CB/RB - 23/0 (Valladolid), Casto - GK - 31/0 (Almería), Guzmán Casaseca - RW - 32/5 (Valladolid)

2015/2016 PERSPECTIVES
                      Last edited by LucaGarzeli; 19-08-15, 18:46.

Comment

• LucaGarzeli
                        Freshman
                        • Jul 2015

Levante Unión Deportiva

Best league position:
                        6th 2011/2012
                        10th 2013/2014
                        11th 2012/2013

Best cup performance:
                        2014/2015 1/8
                        2013/2014 1/8
                        2012/2013 1/8

European deep run:
                        1/8 UEL 2012/2013 (0-2agg vs Rubin Kazan)

LAST SEASON

2014/2015 League position: 14th
                        2014/2015 Cup: 1/8 (3-4agg vs Málaga)

League facts:
                        · (18th) 3rd team with less goals scored with 33 (0.87 - 0.92 in 2013/2014)
                        · (19th) 2nd team with more goals conceded with 67 (1.76 - 1.13 in 2013/2014)
                        · (18th) 3rd team with more goals conceded at home with 30 (1.58 - 0.84 in 2013/2014)

SPANISH*: Lucas Alcaraz cogió el mando del equipo granota poco después de iniciarse la temporada y acabó cumpliendo el objetivo de evitar el descenso a final de curso. En realidad, a poco más pudo aspirar el Levante con el actual presupuesto del equipo. Ni siquiera el Ciutat de València sirvió de excusa para los grandes equipos a la hora de dejarse puntos, ya que tanto Barcelona como Real Madrid vencieron por un contundente 0-5, señal de que el equipo valenciano ni siquiera tiene ese espíritu aguerrido que hacía que los primeros de la tabla se dejaran puntos cuando visitaban su campo. Sin embargo, tan tan mal no lo hicieron, ya que Atlético de Madrid y Valencia no lograron la victoria allí. Además, el Levante tuvo un punto impropio de ellos ganando varios puntos remontando partidos cuando el tiempo ya expiraba, por lo que algo de carácter sí que le dió Alcaraz a su equipo.

Con muchos problemas en medio del campo para encontrar a alguien que pudiera crear algo (Simao Maté, Sissoko y Camarasa son medios de corte defensivo), el ataque fue lo más destacable de los equipos de la zona baja de la tabla, donde Uche, El Zhar, Barral y Víctor pusieron el punto de calidad. Sin embargo, a diferencia de otros años, la defensa no fue el punto fuerte del equipo, siendo el tercer conjunto más goleado de la categoría con 67 tantos, tras el Rayo Vallecano y el colista Córdoba. Los Juanfran, David Navarro y Ballesteros ya tienen una edad avanzada y deben dejar paso a nuevas generaciones de jugadores levantinos. La nueva defensa formada por Toño, Vyntra, Ramis y eventualmente Morales no fue todo lo consistente que se hubiera esperado, y pocos de esos jugadores seguirán el año que viene.

En realidad, una temporada estándar del equipo levantino que cumplió con la premisa principal de salvarse en las últimas jornadas.

CURRENT SEASON

(Ciutat de València)

2015/2016 Forecast:

Preseason: 3-1-3 /
                        0-3 vs @Alzira
                        0-1 vs @Teruel
                        1-3 vs @Zwolle
                        4-0 vs @Bayer Leverkusen
                        1-1 vs @NEC
                        2-0 vs @Villarreal
                        0-1 vs Mallorca

Next Game: 23/08/2015 Domestic League vs Celta in Ciutat de València (Home)

SQUAD

Probable line-up:
                        442 or 541 - Lucas Alcaraz - Iñaki Bea (coach)

Rubén Martínez (GK)
                        Iván López - Karabelas - David Navarro - Juanfran - Toño (DEF)
                        Morales - Simao Maté - Verza, El Zhar (MED)
                        Ghilas (DEL)

Key Signings: Deyverson - FW - 34/11 [Belenenses/Köln] (Belenenses), Zouhair Feddal - CB/LB - 21/0 [Parma/Palermo] (Parma), Rubén Martínez - GK - 23/0 (Almería), Verza - CDM - 36/5 (Almería) & Ghilas - FW - 28/7 [Córdoba on loan] - (Porto)
                        Key Departures: Ivanschitz - OMC - 20/1 (free), Mohamed Sissoko - CDM - 21/0 (Chinese League), David Barral - FW - 35/11 (UAE League), Diop - CDM - 19/0 (free), Iván Ramis - CB - 13/0 (free), Kalu Uche - FW - 16/5 (free), Lukas Vyntra - CB - 27/0 (free) & Diego Mariño - GK - 32/0 (Valladolid end of loan)

2015/2016 PERSPECTIVES
                        Last edited by LucaGarzeli; 19-08-15, 18:34.

Comment

• LucaGarzeli
                          Freshman
                          • Jul 2015

Málaga Club de Fútbol

Best league position:
                          4th 2011/2012
                          6th 2012/2013
                          8th 2008/2009

Best cup performance:
                          2014/2015 1/4 (0-1agg vs Athletic Club)
                          2012/2013 1/4 (4-6agg vs Barcelona)
                          2006/2007 1/8 (1-3agg vs Real Zaragoza)

European deep run:
                          2012/2013 1/4 UCL (2-3agg vs Borussia Dortmund)

LAST SEASON

2014/2015 League position: 9th
                          2014/2015 Cup: 1/8 (0-1agg vs Athletic Club)

League facts:
                          · 17th team in the avarage goals per game ranking (18th in 2013/2014)
                          · 3rd team with less draws away with 2 (7 in 2013/2014)

SPANISH*:

El Málaga, bajo el mando del ex jugador de la Real Sociedad Javi Gracia, hizo el papel que le tocaba la temporada pasada. Situado en la mitad de la tabla, el equipo con más extranjeros de Primera División, paradójicamente, tiró de cantera y de españoles para asomar la cabeza cerca de los puestos europeos. Los jugadores que este verano han marchado gracias a sus buenas actuaciones (Juanmi, Samu Castillejo, Samuel García) fueron los pilares de un equipo que trató de presionar y de jugar rápido debido a la velocidad de sus hombres de ataque. Fue el tercer equipo, exceptuando del ránking a Barça y Real Madrid, que menos partidos empató, y eso habla mucho del estilo de juego que está intentando implementar Gracia. Como muchos equipos de España, el Málaga tuvo problemas con el delantero centro. La primera parte de la temporada Roque Santa Cruz fue el delantero centro titular, pero apenas pudo anotar unos pocos tantos antes de marcharse a México en el mercado de invierno. A partir de ahí Juanmi y Amrabat actuaron como delanteros, ambos con calidad, pero ninguno un punta goleador nato.

De ese modo, el Málaga terminó la temporada con 1 victoria en los últimos 11 encuentros anotando tan sólo 11 goles que sirvieron para obtener 6 puntos de 33. De cualquier otro modo, el Málaga podría haber luchado por la 5ª - 6ª plaza, pero aunque creo que tenía mimbres para el futuro, no creo que tuviera los suficientes el año pasado para conseguirlo. Una defensa algo más blandita de lo que ellos hubieran querido y un medio del campo que aún necesita más partidos acompañaron a una delantera talentosa pero que combinó ímpetu con precipitación. El resultado final es justo, pese a que a inicios de temporada, la victoria 0-1 en el Camp Nou y el empate 0-0 en la Rosaleda dieron a entender que podían llegar a competir con equipos de más nivel, no tuvo ningún gran resultado contra ese tipo de equipos.

CURRENT SEASON

(La Rosaleda)

2015/2016 Forecast: 8-12th

Preseason: 2-1-2 /
                          3-1 vs @Karlsruher
                          0-1 vs @Friburg
                          3-2 vs @Deportivo Calí
                          0-0 vs @San Lorenzo (ARG)
                          1-3 vs @Peñarol (URU)

Next game: 23/08/2015 Domestic League, vs Sevilla in La Rosaleda (Home)

SQUAD

Probable line-up:
                          4231 - Javi Gracia - Marcelo Romero (coach)

Kameni (GK)
                          Rosales - Angeleri - Wellington - Boka (DEF)
                          Sergi Darder - Recio
                          Ricardo Horta - Tighadouini - Amrabat (MED)
                          Charles (DEL)

Key Signings: Raúl Albentosa - CB - 27/2 [Eibar/Derby County] (on loan form Derby County), Tighadouini - LW - 36/15 (NAC Breda), Duje Kop - FW - 17/4 (Cagliari on loan), Charles - FW - 31/4 (Celta), Fabio Espinho - OMC - 41/5 (Ludogorets), Juan Carlos - LW - 24/0 [Granada on loan] - (On loan from Braga)
                          Key Departures: Samuel García - RW - 38/5 (Villarreal), Samu Castillejo - LW - 39/1 (Villarreal), Juanmi - FW - 38/8 (Southampton), Sergio Sánchez - CB - 21/0 (Panathinaikos), Luis Alberto - OMC - 15/2 (Liverpool - Deportivo - end of loan), Javi Guerra - FW - 13/5 (Cardiff, end of loan)

2015/2016 PERSPECTIVES

There are some teams in Spain that probably will finish between 8-12 position, but at the start of the season they must to avoid the relegation zone before dream with something else. This is the case of Málaga, that must add 42 points as soon as posible and later, fight for european places. In my opinion this is a weak team that 2014/2015 season and only could reach maximum the last UEL place. Low budget, big sales of former players (Juanmi, Samu Castillejo, Samuel, Portillo), and signs that don't improve the team at all. This is the Malaga's reality and Javi Gracia knows that he won't reach better objectives.

With the absence of better players, the coach, that made a good season the past year, must to play with the tactics to overperform. 4231 was the past year system. Gracia has sold wingers and now only have OMC players that he could use in the RM/LM position as Duda or Amrabat. I'm not sure if he is thinking about the thought of play with 2 strikers at the same time (Amrabat, Cop or Charles) remembering the Wanderley Luxemburgo's system 4222. Against big teams I think he prefer play with 5 mans in the midfield with 3 CM as Camacho, Recio, Pablo, Tissone or Sergi Darder.

Málaga sometime is lacking creativity, especially when they play against tems that don't want the ball. Counter-attack will be the first choice here, for this reason the team had good results in the past against good teams (0-0 draw - 0-1 win against Barcelona, 2-2 vs Atlético or 1-0 vs Valencia). Málaga can't be a defensive team because their defense is weak, especially far from home, but the past season they used to play with a lot of players behind the ball in some games.

Some young players were sold, but there are still some young prospects with 1 year more experience that gained confidence with the good results in 2014/2015 season as Darder, Horta or Recio. This confidence must the base from which they could work to improve. For sure they will miss their fasts ofensive midfielders and players like Tighadouini and Cop are a complete mistery for me.
                          Last edited by LucaGarzeli; 20-08-15, 23:29.

Comment

• LucaGarzeli
                            Freshman
                            • Jul 2015

Rayo Vallecano de Madrid

Best league position:

8th 2012/2013
                            11th 2014/2015
                            12th 2013/2014

Best cup performance:
                            2013/2014 1/8 (0-1agg vs Levante)
                            2006/2007 1/8 (1-3agg vs Sevilla)
                            2014/2015 1/16 (5-6agg vs Valencia)

European deep run:
                            No

LAST SEASON

2014/2015 League position: 11th
                            2014/2015 Cup: 1/16 (5-6agg vs Valencia)

League facts:
                            · 2nd team with less draw after Real Madrid with 2 (4 in 2013/2014)
                            · (20th) Team with more goals conceded with 68 (1.79 - 2.10 in 2013/2014)
                            · (17th) 4th team with more defeats at home with 9 (11 in 2013/2014)

SPANISH*: El Rayo Vallecano y su entrenador Paco Jémez ya hace años que son uno de los equipos más atractivos de Primera División. Su estilo atrevido y su buen gusto por el balón se combinan con la calidad media-baja de sus jugadores, que se traduce en muy pocos empates, muchos goles recibidos, y cierta ventaja contra los equipos de la parte baja de la tabla, pero poco que hacer contra los de arriba, que saben aprovechar bien los errores del equipo madrileño. Por primera vez desde que volvió a Primera División, el equipo consiguió algunos nombres con los que dar un paso al frente en la mitad de la tabla, Alberto Bueno (17 goles), Leo Baptistao (7) y Gael Kakuta (5) pusieron el talento arriba. Raúl Baena y Roberto Trashorras le dieron consistencia a un centro del campo siempre con mucho trabajo tanto en la creación como en la contención, debido a los claros principios de su entrenador.

Al contrario de la mayoría de equipos, el Rayo Vallecano comenzó mal la temporada, hasta que el equipo comenzó a conjuntarse para acabar jugando francamente bien, sin pasar ningún problema por los puestos de descenso. Para ellos, no hubo ninguna diferencia entre jugar en casa y fuera, y eso no se sabe si es bueno o malo, ya que dejó escapar muchísimos puntos en casa (9 derrotas que no son lo habitual en la zona media) pero en cambio fue el 5º equipo que más partidos ganó fuera de casa, pese a ser el 2º más goleado a domicilio. Contrastes por el estilo ofensivo de los de Jémez que siempre son sinónimo de entretenimiento.

CURRENT SEASON

(Vallecas)

2015/2016 Forecast:

Preseason: 4-2-2 /
                            0-1 vs @Hertha Berlin
                            1-2 vs @Eintracht Braunschweig
                            4-2 vs @St. Pauli
                            5-0 vs @Albacete
                            1-0 vs Real Sociedad
                            0-0 vs @Leganés
                            1-1 vs Real Oviedo
                            1-0 vs Las Palmas

Next game: 23/08/2015 Domestic League, vs València in Vallecas (Home)

SQUAD

Probable line-up:
                            4231 or 343 - Paco Jémez - Jesús Muñoz (coach)

Cobeño (GK)
                            Tito - Zé Castro - Amaya - Dorado (DEF)
                            Trashorras - Baena
                            Ebert - Embarba - Lass Bangoura (MED)
                            Bebé (DEL)

Signings: Patrick Ebert - RW - 25/0 (Spartak Moscow), Cissé - CDM - 35/1 (Dijon), Diego Llorente - CB - 31/2 (on loan from Castilla), Dorado - CB - 15/0 (Villarreal), Bebé - FW - 18/0 [Córdoba on loan] - (on loan from Benfica)
                            Departures: Alberto Bueno - FW - 36/17 (Porto), Manucho - FW - 37/5 (free), 8 end of loan (Leo Baptistao, Kakuta, Cristian Álvarez, Insúa, Licá, Fatau, Aquino)

2015/2016 PERSPECTIVES
                            Last edited by LucaGarzeli; 19-08-15, 18:36.

Comment

• LucaGarzeli
                              Freshman
                              • Jul 2015

Real Betis Balompié

Rival teams:

· Sevilla (derby)

Best league position:
                              4th 2004/2005
                              7th 2012/2013
                              13th 2007/2008

Best cup performance:
                              Winner 2004/2005 (2-1aet vs Osasuna)
                              1/4 2012/2013 (1-3agg vs Atlético de Madrid)
                              1/4 2010/2011 (3-6agg vs Barcelona)

European deep run:
                              3rd in Group Phase UCL 2005/2006
                              1/8 UEL 2005/2006 (0-3agg vs Steaua Bucharest)
                              1/8 UEL 2013/2014 (2-2pk vs Sevilla)

LAST SEASON

2014/2015 League position: 1st (Liga Adelante)
                              2014/2015 Cup: 1/16 (4-6agg vs Almería)

League facts:
                              · (1st) Team with more goals scored in Liga Adelante with 73 (1.74 - 0.95 in 2013/2014)
                              · (2nd) Team with less defeats away with 4 (25 in 2013/2014)
                              · Rubén Castro topscorer in Liga Adelante with 32 goals

Tal como descendió se sabía que el Real Betis iba a volver a subir a Primera División más pronto que tarde. De la mano de Pepe Mel en su segunda etapa en el club, que sustituyó a Julio Velázquez a mediados de temporada,
                              el equipo andaluz no tuvo problemas en campeonar con el talento de su rápida delantera y los goles de Rubén Castro (41/32) y Jorge Molina (32/19). El Betis fue junto al Las Palmas el equipo más goleador de la categoría, y no tuvo problemas en encajar algunos goles, puesto que la Segunda División es larga y todos los equipos pasan por diversos picos de forma. El Betis, tras el cambio de entrenador, encadenó entre el sustituto momentáneo Juan Merino y Pepe Mel, de 25/26 partidos invicto, hasta los dos últimos partidos de temporada donde saboreó el título sin importarle mucho qué se estuvieran jugando los demás equipos (ejemplo 0-3 en la última jornada ante el Sporting..)

Si bien el equipo tuvo algunos resultados extraños (derrotas 1-3 en casa ante el Leganés, empate 2-2 en casa ante el Llagostera) como digo, la Segunda División tiene ese tipo de igualdad. El Betis es un bloque, con nombres más que suficientes para estar arriba en Segunda. El ex portero del Real Madrid Antonio Adán cumple bajo los palos. La defensa formada por Molinero (ex Atlético) - Bruno González - Jordi Figueras - Francisco Varela es de garantías, con la consolidación del joven lateral de la cantera bética. A parte del talento demoledor arriba, el centro del campo nutre de balones rápidos a sus delanteros para que éstos produzcan la mayoría de los goles. Con extremos rápidos y descarados (Dani Ceballos, Cejudo, Portillo) el estilo de juego al que el Betis ya sabía jugar antes de la llegada de Mel (2010-2013) se completa con dos centrocampistas de contención como Xavi Torres y N'Diaye.

Un equipo que, nombres a parte, siempre quiere realizar buen juego (debido en parte a su entrenador) más allá de los resultados.

CURRENT SEASON

(Benito Villamarín)

2015/2016 Forecast:

Preseason: 5-3-2 /
                              1-4 vs @Coria
                              3-1 vs @San Roque de Lepe
                              1-1 vs Athletic Club
                              0-1 vs Vitoria Setúbal
                              3-1 vs @Darmstad 98
                              2-0 vs @Borussia Dortmund
                              1-2 vs @Recreativo
                              1-1 vs @Espanyol
                              2-1 vs Granada
                              3-0 vs @Atlético de Madrid

Next game: 23/08/2015 Domestic League, vs Villarreal in Benito Villamarín (Home)

SQUAD

Probable line-up:
                              442 or 442 - Pepe Mel (coach)

Adán (GK)
                              Molinero - Westermann - Jordi Figueras - Juan Vargas (DEF)
                              Xavi Torres - Van der Vaart - Didier Digard (MED)
                              Kadir, Rubén Castro, Jorge Molina (DEL)

Signings: Juan Vargas - LB/LW - 29/4 (Fiorentina), Westermann - CB - 31/1 (Hamburg), Pezzella - CB - 17/1 (River Plate), Petros - RW - 21/2 (Corinthians), Van der Vaart - MC - 27/5 (Hamburg), Amro Tarek - LB - 30/0 (El Gouna), Didier Digard - CDM - 16/1 (Nice)
                              Departures: Not important, so far

2015/2016 PERSPECTIVES
                              Last edited by LucaGarzeli; 19-08-15, 18:37.

Comment

Latest predictions

Collapse

Last posts

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Top Tipster Month

Collapse

Top Tipster Overall

Collapse

Favourite bookmakers

Collapse

PINNACLE SPORTS
                              Great bookie, offer superb odds (low margins), very high limits, does not slash winning customers. Probably the most reliable sportsbook on the net. Well known among sports punters for their ability and will to offer a fair product. Pinnacle will not hide. If you are good, you win. OK,  I'll give Pinnacle Sports a try!

Working...
                              X