This site is for adults 18+ due to gambling/betting content. If you have a problem with gambling issues, or need information, please visit:
Gambling Help Online Gamblers Anonymous Gambling Therapy Gamble Aware Jugadores Anonimos JugarBIEN BeGambleAware GamCare

Spain Liga 1/2/3 Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Albier
    Freshman
    • Mar 2017

Spain Liga 1/2/3 Playoffs

Cadiz-Tenerife 2.4 2.81 3.14

Any thougths about today game?

I have to say first of all, that in these Playoffs there is no penalty shootout yet if the playoffs end in a draw in the regular time, you play a normal OT, and if at the end of the 120 minutes playoff tie ends in a draw, the team that has the best position in the regular season table advances to the next round, a style similar to Italy serie B.

About tonight's game, I mean that although Cadiz odds are slightly favorites, I really do not like to back them. Tenerife is finishing the season in an impressive form, they are in an incredible state of grace, they can throw 80 m and score a goal, they can score goals easily, and especially their attackers, too dangerous when they come together and combine between them. They really have enough offensive power to score tonight.

Cadiz comes to these PO I think a fair bit of energy and form. Since April, they have only won two of their last 12 games, many of them finishing in a 1-1 draw and one of the victories against a poor Elche without much brilliance. Yes, they have been lucky that they have drawn too many matches and the rival teams from behind have been even poorer, but you are seeing that the tiredness of the season has made them activate the red light too soon. For quality, I think a team to be in the middle of the standings. They have very fast wingers, Salvi, Alvaro and Aketxe, but little else. They are not defensive-minded team at home, they are a good counterattack team, they generally play by the wings for cross balls to area and also to take advantage of the speed of Salvi and Alvaro, its main dangers.

But his striker Ortuño is poor for a team that wants to promote, good positional striker, but no speed, little goal. Cadiz costs a world to score a goal in positional game, can only do it from set-pieces or counterattack. Also their CBs, are also very slow for Tenerife speed. Aridane and Sankare are physically powerful in air and height, but they are not great passing players, and they make a lot of mistakes trying to play the ball from defense. I see it difficult that the Cadiz managed a clean sheet tonight, only their GK can avoid it, but between fatigue and the slow speed of their defense, I see them suffering again. Match played between both teams in April in Cadiz, Tenerife win 0-1, but if you see the stats and highlights was a monologue from Tenerife, could finish 0-3 or 0-4, Cadiz was outplayed.

Tenerife on the contrary, as I mentioned above, they arrive at a good moment, they are very motivated, and they are going to come out to sentence this tie, and for me, with Getafe, they have the best attack players in the category. His striker, Amath Ndiaye, youngster on loan from At.Madrid, is incredibly fast, moves around the area as demon, and very annoying for the rival defenses. But the players in the midfield line are also small and fast, Suso Santana, Omar, Aaron Ñiguez, Japanese player Shibashaki, all with good passing skills, and when they combine between them, they can break a defense in seconds, they are very vertical, and as minutes go pass, they take possession and are very dangerous with spaces. But is that on the bench, have Choco Lozano, Tyronne, still more dynamite in attack to revolutionize a match. Their defense is not that it is too secure, but they are well organized and do not break too much, play with two very positional midfields that give balance, Vitolo and Aitor Sanz. His GK Dani Hernandez, international for Venezuela, has experience and is a safe value in these qualifiers.

At the end in these qualifiers can happen anything, but I can not see the Cadiz here favorite with these odds and bad shape. Odds in Tenerife have dropped too much in the last few hours, they are still around @ 3.20, but have little value to enter. I like the option of goals more. I'm going to try Tenerife over 0.5 in second half, around @ 2.25 right now, I think maybe in the first half Cadiz get more involved in the match and more organized, for the stadium's hot atmosphere, Carranza, but in the second half, sure to accuse fatigue of the season, and Tenerife will be controlling the possession more and more, and with the spaces and players so fast that has, even from the bench, I see that they will try to score goal up until the end.
    Last edited by Albier; 19-06-17, 13:21.
  • Albier
    Freshman
    • Mar 2017

Really very disappointing Tenerife tonight, one of the worst matches of its season has had to arrive today. Tactically awful, locked in defense, did not combine short passes, there was no connection between midfield and attackers, they could only reach box with long balls from defense, a disaster for the quality that their players have. His coach was wrong and has been overcome.

Cadiz very intense and pressing very well, very high, I was surprised after the last month of competition they did, I thought they would accuse fatigue in second half, but even so they controlled match without problems. They have had many chances to score more goals, but they are so poor too, only a howler from Tenerife GK has been able to give them the win. 1-0 fair and short result, but Tenerife is still very much alive to come back in front of his fans. I see goals on Sunday.

Comment

• Albier
      Freshman
      • Mar 2017

Return match in Tenerife, after 1-0 in Cadiz on Thursday. As I pointed out in my post above, Tenerife was horrible and out of the match the whole match. Cadiz caught up with the great hot-atmosphere from his fans and surprised with a high-strong pressing looking constantly to attack and prevented the small and technical players of Tenerife midfield could combine and reach the area. They could score more goals and sentence the tie if it were not because it costs them lot to score a goal.

Sold out in the Heliodoro Rodriguez Lopez. Tenerife continues with Rachid and Iñaki saenz missings, and Cadiz will travel with all his players, those available and those not going to play by technical decision.

I expect a different gameplan today. Cadiz away from home has been a defensive-minded team this year and Cervera's main plan is to keep the 0-0 as long as possible to take advantage of the speed of his wingers Salvi / Alvaro to counterattack and sentenced with a single goal. He has experience in PO matches, last year promote to Cadiz to Liga 2 via PO and his plan away from home was the same. He told the press he knows they are going to suffer because Tenerife fans are going to push a lot to come back and they have to be prepared. They are going to go out with thurday's same lineup, but maybe today especially more defensive. The rest of the team is the same, wingers fast Salvi and Alvaro, and Aketxe advanced midfielder to try shots on goal. Their defense I still think, although they maintained a clean sheet on Thursday, they did not show much security, Tenerife came in a few occasions and had problems with the speed of their strikers. Sankare his African CB, had problems at the end of the game in a leg, I suppose today will play, but his physical condition continues not being good for 90 min and a possible OT.

Tenerife today if they should play as they are accustomed, and not like they did on Thursday. Their fans will tighten, and they at home this year have been solid, although they have suffered against defensive-minded teams to score goals. In theory, his coach has announced some change in lineup to look for players more fresh legs than Thursday. Tenerife today starting with a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1, with Choco Lozano upfront and wingers / strikers Amath Ndiaye and Suso Santana. Midfield will be for Shibashaki, Aitor Sanz, Vitolo, and his defense will be the same again. Strong lineup again, but this time with a real striker pure reference, Lozano. It looks like they are going to dominate the game and to will try score goal from the beginning, it seems like the gameplans are going to exchange with respect to Thursday's game. I did not see a physical problem on Thursday, rather it was a mental and tactical problem, so today they should be able to attack 90 min and a possible OT.

Keep in mind that 1-0 is good for Tenerife at FT, but would have to play OT anyway and keep the result 30 more minutes. In any case, with the physical effort of the whole season for both teams, the heat that is going to do today in Tenerife (There is one hour less than the rest of Spain, so it will still be sunny) and the tension and pressure of Tenerife fans and defenses that are also not safe, we'll probably see some goals. Cadiz will have his chances to counters it and they will be dangerous there whole match, a goal to dynamite the tie and could become a goal-party due to the characteristics of the Tenerife team. Again I say the same as in the first leg, I hope the Cadiz more intense in the first half and sure will hold better attacks from Tenerife, but Tenerife will have to risk at any time, and the match can break with spaces in favor of the Cadiz as well. I hope in the second half a crazy match.

I'll try over 2 with odds around @1.95-2.00 with medium stakes, It's a good and safe line, I really hope that a goal, both locals and visitors, can break the game at any time and come more goals. Corners could also be considered, they are two teams that use wings to attack with their fast, but my local bookies do not offer today.

GL !!
      Last edited by Albier; 18-06-17, 20:48.

Comment

• Albier
        Freshman
        • Mar 2017

Damn, finally match to OT. Too many chances missed in this second half by the two teams, there should have been a goal or two more in the 90 minutes.

This is already broken, Cadiz will seek the goal now with everything and Tenerife will not risk much after 90 minutes, 1-0 is worth to them. I can only see one more goal, but I will not be involved anymore in this match.

Comment

• MZKS
          • Mar 2014

Why did Tenerife qualify without penalties after 1-1 over 2 legs? I don't understand this system, someone please explain

Comment

• kkkaban
            • Mar 2017

Originally posted by MZKS View Post
            Why did Tenerife qualify without penalties after 1-1 over 2 legs? I don't understand this system, someone please explain
            Decided higher place in league at the end of the season.

Comment

• Albier
              Freshman
              • Mar 2017

Originally posted by kkkaban View Post
              Decided higher place in league at the end of the season.
              MZKS, I explained something about it in my first post. Sorry, I was wrong about one thing. I meant "playoff tie ends draw goes to 120 min OT" not "match ends in a draw". I just wanted to point it out to avoid confusion.

PD: Edit my post to say something I have not commented either. Away goals will continue to be counted and is the first rule to determine the winner. By way of an example, if an tie ends 0-0 and 2-2, in this case it applies away goals rule. If it will end both legs 0-0 or as yesterday in Tenerife both 1-0, the best team ranked in RS rule is applied after OT if tie still continues as it was.

I have to say first of all, that in these Playoffs there is no penalty shootout yet, if the playoffs end in a draw in the regular time, you play a normal OT, and if at the end of the 120 minutes match ends in a draw, the team that has the best position in the regular season table advances to the next round, a style similar to Italy serie B..
              Last edited by Albier; 19-06-17, 15:50.

Comment

• allthethings
                • Nov 2007

Tenerife-Getafe, 1st leg

On the draw @ 3.0. Draw is often a good play in this league when the sides are closely matched, and it's hard to argue with it here. They drew h2h in both matches this season. More than that, against the other top five sides, Tenerife was 1-5-0 at home, Getafe was 0-4-2 away. Against those same sides away, Tenerife was 1-3-2, Getafe at home was 3-2-1. Add that up, the two sides against the others in the playoff/promotion spots this year went 5-14-5.
                Last edited by allthethings; 21-06-17, 20:15.
                "Get on me, Bert -- I can't lose!!!"
                --Fast Eddie Felson

Comment

• Albier
                  Freshman
                  • Mar 2017

My personal feeling is that Tenerife will probably have more possesion today, but with their current form in attack so poor, so little time for recovery, only two days, heat will make around Canary Islands today, fatigue will arrive soon or later they will crash again and again on Getafe wall, and Getafe with his dangerous set-pieces or any counters, they can score goal anytime. I will not go with any pick, I will see the approach of the teams in the first 20 min, and if Getafe is well positioned, I will try Getafe over 0.5 goals or Back Getafe 2nd half.

Comment

• Apuestas
                    • Jun 2017

Any comments for the second game? Some important players of Getafe are injured. It seem difficult for Getafe to win.

Comment

• nelle
                      • Sep 2012

As a reminder, if Getafe win 1-0, they will be promoted by virtue of having finished in 3rd place, one place higher than Tenerife. The match would not be decided by penalties, but by league position in the regular season - the newspaper AS reported

Comment

• Albier
                        Freshman
                        • Mar 2017

The most important day of these playoffs has arrived. Last match in Getafe and everything to decide in 90 or 120 minutes. Getafe will have to come back without conceding or equalize 1-0 from Tenerife if they want to promote.The truth is that they are being ilogical playoffs and very complicated to pick. You can take into account stats, H2H, form in final regular season, fatigue, missings, tactical approach, but still League 2 is totally random and unpredictable, too closed between teams. Already it was in RS, so now even more. What is clear is that the home factor is dominating these POs. 3 HW and a draw, speaks too much that the local team is always slightly favorite. Away teams do not know how to play comfortably away, either by hot-atmospheric crowd or because they do not have the capacity to take the initiative to overcome an adverse result, a thousand factors. Neither odds are being very attractive these playoff, you can hardly find anything valuable in traditional markets.

About match and injuries, Bordalas, Getafe's manager, said yesterday in radio and press, that Cala, Mora and Fuster, possibly had options, but this was more to mislead the rival, than anything else. Finally press confirms that Juan Cala will be missing for Getafe, and big missing, as it is his key defender, and he brings a lot of set-pieces plays. Gorosito, his replacement, is not so bad, is fast, but does not have the wingspan of Juan Cala. Sergio Mora and Fuster are gametime decision, I would be surprised to see Mora after two weeks injured being a starter, but in any case, Fuster also in home matches does not usually play much of start, so it is not too important.
                        The important thing is that they recover Dani Pacheco again, after the redcard last Saturday. He is a left-right handed midfield with a lot of quality for Bordalas scheme, not only has a good shot, he arrives to box with a lot of danger, he is skillful with the ball, and he has good passing skills, he will definitely make the midfield work better. Tenerife no missings for today again, only the long-termed GK Iñaki Saenz and Rachid.

Getafe was disappointing on Wednesday, they jumped on the pitch with a defensive-minded gameplan very similar to the day of Huesca, and Tenerife came out very electric and with a lot of possession to look for early goal. They were punished deservedly so early by Tenerife, in a set-piece play from corner, surprisingly received from their own medicine. From there, his gameplan was broken. Improved in the second half, they took control of the ball, tried to reach to box to score a goal, but Molina his main striker was missing, they were lacking clarity and strength, many inaccuracies and error passing, it was also a disastrous night also with Cala-Fuster injuries. Tenerife did not do much more special. They had a good 30 minutes with high-pressing, score a good early goal, but then they were going more and more defensive, and the fatigue and the defensive changes of their coach made them finish the game almost in their own field, something similar as happened against Cadiz. They are definitely not Tenerife of the Regular season, offensive and fun, they are showing only another average team of Liga 2, that hold 1-0 and suffer as they can for close win.

A different match is expected for today. Home factor again seems decisive. Expect a good-hot atmoshpere at Coliseum Alfonso Perez, it can register the best entry in recent years. Getafe has only lost one game at home this year, and it was 25th September, he was still his previous coach. With Bordalas as manager, they have not lost yet at home this year, and a total of 0.59 goals conceded per game, getting 12 clean sheets. This speaks too well of the strong team that is Getafe when they play in front of their fans, they defends together, press hard and concede very few chanches in defense. Well, match played between both in RS, was 2-2, but it was in March, and Tenerife at that point was in a very good mood in attack, much more than now in PO, besides that the intensity of today will be greater in defense, but they can still score a goal, of course, and surely there is little more probability with Cala missing. In general, Getafe will go as strong as ever look for goal, sure to press strong, and taking great danger with aerial crosses, set-pieces and direct balls to CF Molina (20 goals for him this season, top class for Liga 2). Getafe is worth 1-0 to promote, but they would have to go to extra time, which is why I do not see him taking excessive risks knowing that a goal can be worth them and that fatigue can arrive later and game rhythm decrease. Even so, if they are going to take the initiative today, they are too dangerous if Portillo, Molina, Jimenez´- Pacheco have a good day, they are more scorer than Cadiz, and they can score twice as they have already done this season in home.

Tenerife's Coach, Martí, the truth is that he is being too conservative and according to his statatements to the press, he would sign a bad match even if that means promoting, so he already knows that he needs another miracle as against Cadiz. Probably expected to remove a striker (Choco or Ndiaye) to put defensive midfielder more, Alberto, and give a little more balance to the team in midfield and defense. If he starts like this, again Tenerife too conservative and with little arrival in attack, as against the Cadiz. I can not trust them. They have played only 60 min of a certain level (30 min against Cadiz and 30 against Getafe) and have been lucky to score goals and take profitability from it. I saw playoff tie against Cadiz, and they were too fortunate to advance. Cadiz in home match, should have won 2-0 or 3-0 if they would have had more luck, Tenerife was disappointing, it cost to reach his midfield and could not connect with his forwards, had only a shot on goal throughout the game, and players were overcome by pressure and hot-atmopshere from Carranza, sincerely awful. They had 85 lost balls, but in second leg 89 lost balls, disastrous numbers for a team that in the RS has been characterized as being offensive and creating danger with possession. So I do not expect a match an easy match for them, they can score anyway because if the match goes 0-0 and Getafe take risks or leaves spaces, they have fast attackers to score from penalty, error or anything, but really their attack form does not is being good, and makes me think that game can be hard and long for them. Their defense has been solid, but they concede too many chances, and they really should have conceded some more goal. To me, I do not seem so sure today and more seeing what they suffered in Cadiz.

I'm going to take Getafe around @ 1.83-1.85 on Pinnacle with low-medium stakes. Above 1.80 I still find acceptable odds. With everything commented, I expect a close match anyway. A lot of tension, also fatigue at the end. Tenerife is expected very conservative approach and they try hold 0-0 as much as possible, and Getafe pressing hard and looking for scoring, but with patience, 1-0 its good for them. We have already seen that anything can happen in these PO, and that Tenerife could score later in the match, but I see Getafe too experienced and with a better level to win this match. I do not know if comeback the tie in 90 minutes, because the risk of 1-0 and OT are very present in these playoffs, and more knowing that Getafe can advance with 1-0 after extratime by team ranked in RS rule, but even with Tenerife scoring goal in anytime, I still see Getafe very superior and capable of scoring twice goals with the great ability of goal that have their attackers for get the win, although finally it was 2-1 and not promote. Getafe to qualify its around @2.00, are also good, but there is always too risk of the Tenerife goal in the 90 min or in a possible OT... so I will only go with win at FT.

Here I leave possible lineups from as.com:

GL!!
                        Last edited by Albier; 24-06-17, 15:02.

Comment

• Albier
                          Freshman
                          • Mar 2017

Originally posted by nelle View Post
                          As a reminder, if Getafe win 1-0, they will be promoted by virtue of having finished in 3rd place, one place higher than Tenerife. The match would not be decided by penalties, but by league position in the regular season - the newspaper AS reported
                          That's nelle, right.

Summarizing and simplifying to avoid confusion:

1-No penalty shootout anymore in this PO, were abolished last season.

2- If Getafe wins 1-0, match goes to overtime, and if at the end of the extra time continues 1-0, Getafe promote for best ranked team in RS rule.

3-If Tenerife score a goal at any time (90 min or OT), away goals rule is applied and best ranked team rule would be eliminated, Getafe would need score two goals more than Tenerife to promote, regardless of the result. Example: 3-1, 4-2, 5-3.

I expect to be understood, but the truth is that even so for someone who does not follow this league can be complicated.

Comment

• hashishmaster
                            • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Albier View Post
                            Tenerife's Coach, Martí, the truth is that he is being too conservative and according to his statatements to the press, he would sign a bad match even if that means promoting, so he already knows that he needs another miracle as against Cadiz. Probably expected to remove a striker (Choco or Ndiaye) to put defensive midfielder more, Alberto, and give a little more balance to the team in midfield and defense. If he starts like this, again Tenerife too conservative and with little arrival in attack, as against the Cadiz. I can not trust them. They have played only 60 min of a certain level (30 min against Cadiz and 30 against Getafe) and have been lucky to score goals and take profitability from it. I saw playoff tie against Cadiz, and they were too fortunate to advance. Cadiz in home match, should have won 2-0 or 3-0 if they would have had more luck, Tenerife was disappointing, it cost to reach his midfield and could not connect with his forwards, had only a shot on goal throughout the game, and players were overcome by pressure and hot-atmopshere from Carranza, sincerely awful. They had 85 lost balls, but in second leg 89 lost balls, disastrous numbers for a team that in the RS has been characterized as being offensive and creating danger with possession. So I do not expect a match an easy match for them, they can score anyway because if the match goes 0-0 and Getafe take risks or leaves spaces, they have fast attackers to score from penalty, error or anything, but really their attack form does not is being good, and makes me think that game can be hard and long for them. Their defense has been solid, but they concede too many chances, and they really should have conceded some more goal. To me, I do not seem so sure today and more seeing what they suffered in Cadiz.
                            Nice preview i agree. I watched games against Cadiz and Tenerife were pushed in their own half, very defensive, and should lose at least 2-0. I also watched against Getafe (not whole match) and i had a feeling that they were undeserved came here. They were not dangerous and mostly defensive, saving result. I for sure expect same scenario here but if Getafe are more capable of scoring than Cadiz (which i believe they are, Albier said also) i think that Getafe will advance here. Personally i will risk some stake at Getafe to score over 1,[email protected] as i believe odds for straight HW are a bit low for me and dropping.

Comment

• nelle
                              • Sep 2012

Bravo Albier!

Comment

Latest predictions

Collapse

Last posts

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Top Tipster Month

Collapse

Top Tipster Overall

Collapse

Favourite bookmakers

Collapse

PINNACLE SPORTS
                              Great bookie, offer superb odds (low margins), very high limits, does not slash winning customers. Probably the most reliable sportsbook on the net. Well known among sports punters for their ability and will to offer a fair product. Pinnacle will not hide. If you are good, you win. OK,  I'll give Pinnacle Sports a try!

Working...
                              X