PDA

View Full Version : Pick of the day 8/11

FiDu
08-11-03, 01:19
After bad start, time to win something. My pick:
Freiburg (0) - Wolfsburg (0) 2 @2,2

Explanation is simple - Wolfsburg is better then Freiburg. They will win this, but in case of draw, I take level ball game. With this offensive potential (d'Alessandro, Klimowicz, Petrov, Topic, Baiano...) they have simple target: score more than opponent. And this time I believe they will. Wolfsburg is going to be in first 6 of Bundesliga this season and they should win games like this.

Lyd
08-11-03, 01:34
Hmmm... I waited for this bet for several weeks, but now I'm not sure if should I take it in here. Lakini have Hertha -0,75 as one of his picks, so if he wants to take it, I can take straingh home win...

Hertha(-0,75) - M'gladbach(+0,75) :arrow: 1 :arrow: 1,88@Pinnacle

After 11 rounds and 5 home games, Hertha is still without a single win in front of their fans. Average results were expected this season from this average team, but Marcelinho's injury brought not average, but poor results. Since Marcelinho is back in the team, Hertha started to perform better. They won two away games against Hansa (one in Bundesliga, one in cup), but then they lost to strong home team Wolfsburg.

It's simply time for Hertha to bounce back and to finnaly bring some joy to their stadium. And there is no better oportunity then to play against worst away team (both previous and this season) M'gladbach. Handicap bet needs two goal difference to be won completely, with one goal difference half of stakes is winning. And if Hertha wins today, I think it could be a walkover.

Good luck!

arsenalno1
08-11-03, 02:45
Pick of the day: So much to choose from, but I'll go with Cardiff to beat Stoke at 1,66 (Sportingbet) as a good bet for today.

The match is commented here: http://www.bettingadvice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12880

Note that you can find better odds at bookies not in the list for this competition.

IRRiducibili
08-11-03, 02:59
Hamburger amateurs - Sachen Leipzig , pick away win - @3.00 [GB]

HSV ams have last four games 2 1 1 , on other side we have Leipzig with 3 0 1 , and who beat good teams like wupertaler and st.pauli , both at home , but they also beat watenchaid away and lose against dynamo dresden (best home team in league) , HSV ams have bad start , now playing better , and have two wins in a row at home , but i think this can be very value bet , last game they lose against not good dortmund ams , and i think they again can go in bad way with results....for me , too much for leipzig - value and bet of day

good luck

casabel
08-11-03, 06:34
Deportivo v Real Sociedad 0 : 1---->1 (2.15GB)

After the humiliating defeat by Monaco Depor will try to prove that they didnt deserve that.Sociedad is in downtrend bigtime especially when they play on the road.

G.L

Bet killer
08-11-03, 08:44
Gray Athletics - Aldershot 2 @2.20 (Gamebookers)

Gray Athletics - 6.league, poor team
Aldershot - Conference team, great season start, last defeat 20.09.

For me clear away win with great odd.

GL
Bet killer

lsorin
08-11-03, 08:46
Hi! my pick of the day is from English Premiership:
Wolves-Birmingham-2-2.45@gamebookers
U should read gorstak and blackhol3's preview...i Totally agree with them.....I also wrote sth about this one but the it was removed from the forum......
Wolves are one of the worst teams in the league... very bad offence and defence......
On the other hand Birmingham has the best defence in the ligue, and with forwards like Dugary and Forsel(I don't know how to spell it) I'm sure they can produce some goals.....
Goodluck!

juankaan
08-11-03, 08:48
Match;

Goztepe v Altay (Turkish 2nd League)

Pick;

AWAY @2.00 @Sportingbet

Analysis;

ALTAY is a nice team with good players. They lost last week at home , and they need this win to keep up their hopes.
GOZTEPE is an izmir side like ALTAY and they have more fans.. But this year is a black year for GOZTEPE.. The team is really weak.. AWAYWIN is not suer but urely a nice pick...

Score;

0-2

Let's kick emm all !!!

Per
08-11-03, 09:35
Pribram - Zlin
Pick: home win
Odds: 1.90
Bookie: Centrebet

Info at http://prod.bettingadvice.com/showPredictionsLeague.php?idMenu=64

Prague, better make sure you write in the right day's thread next time :D

Walden
08-11-03, 10:08
Hannover vs Bremen AH even goal pick 2 at 1.7 Interwetten.

Hannover is facing an injury crisis. Simak is out due to his psychological problem, so as De Guzman, Lala, Christiansen, Kleber...etc

Ailton maybe doubtful, but still the "good" defence of Hannover...1.7 for Bremen is a good bet...at least you get your money back when drawn.

My last two picks are wrong, so this one will work out.

Good luck!

zbrochu
08-11-03, 10:50
Hertha Berlin - Borussia Monchengladbach 1 1,75 Interwetten

Hertha Berlin is one of the biggest disappointment in Bundesleague this year. They can't find their own style. So far without a win at home ground in league and end of dreams about UEFA cup. But it must be modesty said that Hertha had plenty of bad luck. In very first games they lost best striker - Marcelinho.

1) Marcelinho is back in Hertha also Van Burik will be fit today.
2) Hertha is playing better. I know - they lost with Wollfsburg 0-3 but improvements in style was seen.
3) Monchengladbach away record is 0-1-4 and they occuppy the last position in away table
4) Monchengladbach's form is incredibly weak - they didn't win since 10 meetings!

Odds offered by Interweten are definately worth a try.

Beezeri
08-11-03, 11:23
My pick is from English FA-Cup...there's lots of interesting offers at very high odds but I'll take a safer one

Cheltenham - Hull City Away win @ 2.25 (Expekt)

Both teams are playing at the same league level but are currently positioned completely different ends. Hull is known as a good cup team and will take it seriously like all lower league teams. It's a good chance to make some money for the club.

1. Hull 17 10 6 1 38 - 16 36
19. Cheltenham 17 5 4 8 26 - 37 19

3. Hull 6 3 3 0 13 - 5 12
22. Cheltenham 6 1 1 4 6 - 16 4

Team news:

Cheltenham are without on-loan defender Darren Jones who Bristol City want to avoid being Cup-tied. Jamie Victory (hamstring) and Martin Devaney (virus) face fitness tests.

Hull welcome back skipper Ian Ashbee after a two-match ban and striker Jamie Forrester is fit after a foot injury.
Defender Alton Thelwell is sidelined with a foot injury and Ryan France is cup-tied after turning out for Alfreton Town earlier in the season.

Mistro
08-11-03, 11:59
Hi

I`m the joke of this competition so far but i hope today things turn in the other direction :wink:

Wolves-Birmingham Birmingham to win by 2 or more Odds:4.20 GB

Wolves have some injury problems. They are one of the poorest teams in ENG this year. Birmingham on the other hand one of the suprises. Very good D but sometimes they have a problem with scoring. Today i just cant see poor atack of Wolves scoring agains one of the best in the back.
Wolves should also lose to Leicester 0-3 but got back. I think a big margin here is possible.

Mistro

Axl
08-11-03, 12:05
hmm... I have been choosing my losing picks as the pick of the day... sigh... so "wise" of me :oops: ... hopefully, this time there will be a difference:

my pick of the day:
Brescia (-0.25) vs Bologna (+0.25) - Home @ 1.90 (Gamebookers)

Brescia is still without a home win… and they will be out looking for one this coming match up. Their recent loss to Parma was certainly a very sad one especially haven taken the lead twice… but that also indicate that they will need to buck up their defense really good. Brescia has some reliable goal getters in Caracciolo, Di Biagio and Baggio (err… Baggio is still not in his best form… and he missed 2 penalties already). In fact, they have the best offense in the bottom half of Serie A. However though, Brescia defense will be the major worry for them… wherever they are… especially when Saja’s performance in their match against Parma was not impressive at all. Matuzalem will be out followed by his suspension… but Schopp will be taking over his place.

Bologna has one of the worst away records in the league… by remaining without a point after 4 away matches. Their home defeat by Sampdoria has given them more reasons to think about their poor performances. Being the visitors, they have managed to score only 3 goals while conceded 8… and now they will miss Zaccardo (suspension)… and that’s not good. Rossini is not in scoring form but Signori may be featuring this match after returning from an ankle injury… with the hope of improving their away offense.

In terms of current home and away form, Brescia is certainly the team with the upper hand. However, the match-deciding factor will be on both teams’ defense. Although, Bologna has scored only 3 goals… but looking at which club (Juventus, Milan & Lazio) they scored against will make you think twice. Meanwhile, Brescia’s Caracciolo has been as reliable as he can be. Therefore, in this match, it will be whichever team has the better defense on that day, they will win… and my vote will go to Brescia, as I am quite certain that changes will be made to their defense (most likely the goalie) after having conceded a total of 20 goals in 8 matches. As for Bologna, Signori’s return (unconfirmed) may improve their attack… but even if he returns, it will take him a week or two (or maybe even longer) to get back on form. One more thing about Bologna will be their injury list that seem to be getting longer and longer. So, my pick will be Brescia at level AH. Good Luck! :wink:

Probable line ups:

Brescia: Saja; Stankevicius, Mareco, Dainelli, Pisano; Martinez, Di Biagio, Schopp, Bachini; Baggio, Caracciolo

Bologna: Pagliuca; Juarez, Natali, Troise, Moretti; Guly, Dalla Bona, Colucci, Pecchia; *Signori; Rossini

Injuries & Suspensions: Colucci, Jadid, Matuzalem (Brescia); Locatelli, Meghni, Nervo, Pecchia, *Signori, Zaccardo, Zanchi (Bologna)

Per
08-11-03, 13:33
Ok, here we go then: Aston Villa-Middlesborough Under 2,5 goals
Discovered a slashed price at Expekt, so in order to be correct Pinnacle offers 1,926.

Two teams with a very solid defense, Boro has 5 clean sheets and 9 goals scored in 11 games. Villa has 8 goals scored, 3 clean sheets and 5 games under 2,5 goals in a row now.
Villa has got obvious problems to score, Vassel is still out but Mellberg returns - that only strengthen their defense.
Boro also has a solid defense, a good midfield but a weak attack - even weaker now with Malcolm Christie out for a couple of months.
It looks to me that these two defenses will cancel eachother out, perhaps an odd goal for three points but hardly a goal bonanza.

WhyNot?
08-11-03, 14:13
Match:
France, 2nd
Lorient - Grenoble

Pick:
Lorient @1.46

Why?
...whynot? :)
Because:
Lorient (home) 6 6 0 0 16-3
Grenoble (away) 6 0 3 3 3-7
Best home team in the division, Lorient need a win to keep up with the first places. A plus motivation is St. Etienne yestarday's draw. With a victory they can jump one place for certain, or maybe 2-3. For me it's hard to belive that Grenoble can take points from Lorinet, having in mind that they scored just 3 golas away from home!
Direct meetings:
2003-05-02 Grenoble Lorient 0 : 0 2. Division 2003
2002-11-30 Lorient Grenoble 0 : 2 2. Division 2002
So...it's time for payback!
Lorient Latest Matches
2003-10-31 A Clermont Ferrand W - 0:4
2003-10-28 A Sedan L - 2:0
2003-10-25 H Rouen W - 4:1
Grenoble Latest Matches
2003-11-01 H Nancy L - 2:3
2003-10-25 A St.Etienne L - 1:0
2003-10-18 H Le Havre W - 2:0

Good LUCK!

PS: my first pick...so not a risky one (1.46)

You have to put out the bookmaker as well - in this case Gamebookers I know as I've just bet on this game :) /Per

Palini
08-11-03, 14:33
Football, Premier League, England

Arsenal-Tottenham OVER 2.5 goals ---> 1.75 @expekt

The big London-derby. Arsenal are huge favourites, but due to the low odds, I think OVER is the best bet for this game. Anything is possible in a derby, and I hope this will be a goal feast. Arsenal will for sure go forward. Tottenhams defence show good numbers, but not against teams of Arsenals class. I expect Arsenal to take the lead sooner or later, this forces Tottenham go forward, and then there should be more than enough open space for the likes of Henry & co to operate on, and score a whole bucket of goals. I'm pretty sure of an Arsenal win here, so even if Tottenham should score the first goal, the score would be at least 2-1 to Arsenal, and thus save my OVER-bet.
All in all, Arsenal should win, and Tottenham should show enough figthing spirit in a derby, to produce at least a goal, that should mean at least three goals in this game, and even if that doesn't happen, there's nothing that stops a derby from ending 3-3 or 1-5...

Weity
08-11-03, 14:49
Hannover - Werder - over 3 goals @ 1.97 (Pinnacle)

After first 11 matches in Bundesliga Hannover has goal difference 20:23 and Werder has 29:15, which is 4 goals per match in both cases. I hope they'll continue with that trend in this game and score at least 3 to get my money back if they won't score 4 or more. I expect Werder not ot lose so the score should be something like 2-2 or 1-3.

UnderOver1979
08-11-03, 14:55
My pick of the day is LaCorunia HalfT/FinalT H/H win 2.50 Sportingbet

I think that Lacorunia tonight will winn for sure. Early win I wait to this match , that is why i pick HT/FT - win/win for LaCor. Maybe match end 1-0 because players are tired. But for me the match is a must win for Lacorunia and will manage to win a RealSociedad that is very very bad team this year in Spain.

Per
08-11-03, 15:29
Weity, you're pushing the one-hour time rule here.
Please try to make sure you're on time as you usually are.

Enrico
08-11-03, 15:43
My pick for today is:

Sampdoria (-1 & -1,5) - Empoli 1 @ 2.08 unibet

Sampdoria is living an excellent moment of fomr, after winning in Bologna last week.
Doni seems to be definetely back on shape and ready to give wonderful assists to Bazzani or Flachi. Donati, former Milan, is ruling the midfield stealing balls everywhere and the defense looks really improved.
On the other hand Empoli is totally in crisis, they tried to change coach but nothing happened and the future looks really dark.

Sampdoria is not a team who use to score a lot, but I'm pretty confident they will do it today, so I take this risky handicap.

strandns
08-11-03, 15:57
Nancy v Laval home 1.70 @gamebookers

Home team on an uptrend, and sponsors choosing this game as once a year free entrance game.
So, wouldn't it be sad if they don't win it :wink:

John_JUVE
08-11-03, 16:21
Fenerbahce - Rizespor HC 0:1 1 1.60 Interwetten

Easy game for Fener ,so i prefer to pick the HC 0:1.Fener 4 wins at home, 3 of then with HC.Rizespor 3 losses away, 2 of them 2 goals margin.Fener is coming in this game after disappointing draw last week, so they MUST win this and i am sure they 'll try from the beginning for easy victory.Rizespor one win ,2 draws ,5 losses in last 8 games so no chance for them today...

The Gravedigger
08-11-03, 16:51
RENNES - LIL 1 @1.9 Gamebookers

15. Rennes 12 3 5 4 (9:9)
16. Lil 12 3 4 5 (11:15)

Rennes this year play great at home but poor away record put them in bottom of table.They are wothout win last 4 matches and 2 of them were on they homeground and both draw (against Nica 0:0 and Strasbourg 1:1) so it`s time probably for them to win.They have good home record so far at home 6 3 3 0 (6:1).

After great start of season,Lil get what deserved with they quality and now they are strongly fighting for relegation zone.They don`t have win for 5 matches and only 2 draw in that matches.They have poor away record 5 1 0 4 (5:9)

Dingo
08-11-03, 18:41
1st Pick

NBA

NO Hornets Vs Chicago Bulls (+5.5) at Half NO to win @1.9 WillHill

Bulls dont play well in general ( 2 -4 total ) and out of Chicago they are even worst played 2 games lost by 21 , 30 points , 1 of thier better players Tyson Chandler wont play due to ack injury so they are worst than worst ! :)

on the other hand we got the Hornets who started the season Great 5-1

and last night winning LA (hall of fame) Lakers 114 - 95 .

i think they will crash chiacgo by half and give rest to thier leading players

Good luck all !

artnow
08-11-03, 19:29
Pick #4
NBA Basketball

NEW ORLEANS(-10.0)-Chicago 1@1.90 Expekt

Tim Floyd faces his former team for the first time( 49-190 with CHI from 1999-2001).Floyd with the Hornets is 3-0 at home and 5-1 overall.All five starter scored in double figures last night against the Lakers ( 114-95 ).
NO won 3 of 4 vs CHI last season and has won 10 straight home matchups in the series.Bulls suffered another blowout loss 85-106 against Philly at home last night.Their four losses have come by an average of 27 points.Tyson Chandler is doubtfull for today's game.
I see an another rout of the Bulls.
Read also prediction for this game by dingo above and mistro here: http://www.nbapunter.com/teamspil/default.asp?us=seteamspil&teamspilID=107

GL.

Weity
08-11-03, 20:08
Weity, you're pushing the one-hour time rule here.
Please try to make sure you're on time as you usually are.

Yes, I know. :oops: I had so much work today and I totally forgot obut pick of the day and I had that one in mind for two days already. Can I be excused just this time? I promise not to do it again and it really was a nice pick. Thank you.

Per
08-11-03, 21:37
Don't worry Weity, I thought you had a good reason for being a little late.
I just wanted to point it out for you and for everyone else so we can include all posts in the competition.
We don't want picks coming in late on a regular basis, that's why I post whenever it happens.

Santa
08-11-03, 23:31
Unfortunately I had too little time on my hands today to pick Aarhus to win over Midtjylland (2-1) - would have given a nice profit of +155 8) But hey, as long as it was posted among the predictions I feel just fine.

Never change a winning formula the wise say. So I will turn to NBA and Timberwolves yet again.

Miami Heat-Minnesota Timberwolves (-4) 2 @ 1.97 - Pinnacle

Best performance of Miami so far this season was an impressive 7 point LOSS against San Antonio Spurs Tuesday. A defeat that came even though the Champs were without Tim Duncan. And that tells more than many words about the misery Miami Heat is in after losing coach Pat Riley just before opening day. Tyrone Hill have just been added to the roster and that will definitely help them getting some boards but I expect a few games before his impact will be felt.
Minnesota is finally getting the expected production from the starstudded cast that is supporting Kevin Garnett. In the blowout against Magic it was Latrell Sprewell taking the spotlight. Against Utah it was Sam Cassell taking over when KG was tossed. Cassell played with a jammed toe last night but he should be fine for tonight as he was rested for most of 2nd half against Magic... I guess now it's time for Michael Olowokandi to put up a monster game. In my eyes -4 hcp is a very generous line taking the opposition into account.