PDA

View Full Version : Pick of the day 4/11

tahoma
04-11-03, 00:38
My pick for today is Celta Vigo - Ajax, under 2.5 goals @ 1.85 (Premierbet).

I think we all know both teams pretty well. Celta Vigo often plays very defensivly away from home, but in La Primera, the team has just scored 4 goals in 5 home games so far. Ajax will probably play for one point and back home with most of the players as Celta did last week in Amsterdam. 9 of Ajax 12 games in last year's Champions League (group stage 1 and 2) finished with less than 3 goals. Two teams with great defence and weaker attack will meet and it will probably not be the most entertaining game today. Premierbet's 1.85 is pretty good in my opinion since I think <2.5 is a very probable outcome.

Good luck!

Lyd
04-11-03, 01:01
Hmm... seems that I'll snatch this pick in front of many of you... or not?

Brugge(+0,5) - Milan(-0,5) :arrow: 2 :arrow: 1,95@Bet365

After loss at San Siro to tonights opponent, Milan simply has to win this one, if they want to go further in CL. It will be a big disapointment for fans and a president of reigning European champion, if they have to leave this competition after first phase. They are not in top form right now, but they still do just fine in Italian league.

Brugge had big dip in the form after they made upset in Italy. They lost twice to lowly opponents in Belgium league, where they need points in championship race. I'm sure motivation against Milan will be much bigger then in their league, but still Milan is Milan - they just know how to play such an important games.

I expect a match with one-way traffic to Brugge's goal. Inzaghi will probably be out for Milan, but Shevchenko and Tomasson (not to mention Rui Kosta and Kaka) should be quite enough to make couple of goals here.

Beware, this is NOT A BANKER (read: don't put everything you have on it!), no matter how many people say Milan will win. It's a simply a good bet on motivation of a better team, at reasonable odds .

Good luck!

casabel
04-11-03, 01:34
Panathinaikos v VfB Stuttgart:UNDER 2.5 (1.79GB)

Panathinaikos has HUGE problem when it comes to scoring...Young striker Papadopoulos is good but not good enough for a big team-like Panathinaikos- to depend on him.On the other hand the Germans play great football and may win...but will they score many goals...i dont think so..Team manager of Panathinaikos stated that this is a live or die sittuation for his team and that PAO will fight to win...

G.L

Prija
04-11-03, 03:06
I guess i was very fast, too 8).
Besiktas – Sparta 1, 1.75 @ Betinternet
We all know how important this match is for both sides.And, since i rate Besiktas as a better team who doesn’t have any injury problems, has a huge home support, an excellent coach i can’t see any other outcome.Sparta surely isn’t a pushover, with a lot of euro-competition experience and some great players (what we ‘ve also seen in Rome), but in this situation i’m for the Turks.

IRRiducibili
04-11-03, 03:14
Porto - Marseille , pick home win - @1.80 (GB)

Porto will give everything to win this game , they have 4 points and if win this game , they almost secure second place , they win in marseille 3-2 and i think they will win again at home crowd and with good motive , no much explanation , i jsut think they are much better , they dont have lucky against real where at 1-0 they missed 2 good chanches , and they must wining home games...and thats enough for me...

good luck

braileanul
04-11-03, 06:17
CL : Panathinaikos - Vfb Stuttgart AWAY WIN 2.5@WILL HILL

Much of ppl wrote in the regular CL posts that Panathinaikos really needs a win and they will strive to it. The problem is if they can do even a draw at home in a CL game against a top (for now at least) german team.
I hate the way german teams play football. It seems that do it like a machine and i found no beauty in it ( remember Brazil, off the record) but i expekt to bring me money today.

I think it will be a win for Stuttgart here because of poor performance of Pana in domestic league and the superior strenght of Stuttgart. A single goal from Stuttgart will do fine enough for the final result. I really do not expect Pana will score today.

It's true the greek teams traditionally do well at home, but i think it's not the case this year.

Odds around 2.5 seems OK to me. There is a value here !

GL to you all.

[/u]

Dutchy
04-11-03, 07:57
Club Brugge - AC Milan, HT/FT, 2/2, 2.70@Centrebet

After the shock defeat in their own San Siro stadium everybody was talking about the underestimation of Brugge and the luck of the Belgians. The Belgians told the press that they would perhaps win 1 out of 10 meetings with Milan, and that they were happy with this result. OK, nothing new so far.

Now, a few weeks later, Milan needs desperately a win here. With 2 games left after this one (away at Ajax and at home against Celta), it's by far the easiest for the Italians to take three points from Belgium, because taking them from Amsterdam would be a lot more difficult. I took the HT/FT double because Lyd already took the straight win, but I think HT/FT is very good possible because Milan wants to do business quicly.

Well, Lyd already told all the other information, I can't see any other result than the away win. Easy as that.

Prague
04-11-03, 08:20
As I see I cann´t take Besiktas win now :?

So I will take Besiktas asian handicap (-3/4) with 2.05 at Pinnacle

Info http://www.bettingadvice.com/showPredictionsLeague.php?idMenu=64

paralias
04-11-03, 08:35
Good morning.

Pick #3 for me and i choose the Panathinaikos-Stuttgart game too.

So, Panathinaikos (0) - Stuttgart (0) - A - 1.70 @ Interwetten

We (greeks) all know how bad Pana is at the moment. Problems with slow defense, up front only Papadopoulos can make the difference, but the midfield usually cannot help him. Stuttgart is in great shape and has the chance to take all three points and secure (99%) the qual to the next round.

Good luck.

Freds
04-11-03, 08:36
Porto-Marseille X2 1.96 GB[b]

Porto have been winning regularly in the Portugese league but invaribly bo 1 goal. They were impressive in Marseille a fortnight ago. However, Marseille rested some of their players over the weekend (0-1 to Bordeaux) and should be fresh for this game. Perrin, the Marseille coach wants this match badly as they have been badly outshone in the CL by Monaco and Lyon.

I expect Marseille to be very determined tonight and expect them to get at least a point.

John_JUVE
04-11-03, 09:26
Brugge - Milan 0:0 HC 2 1.50 Interwetten

In this game i cant see any other result than away win but since its not available i prefer the level ball HC which is more secure.
Milan is desperate for 3 points since the surprisingly victory of Belgians in Milan and Italians teams showed at the past that whenever need an away result, they can obtain it.
Brugge is not in good form at the moment with 2 consecutive defeats in Belgium,so the game against Milan is very hard for them.

strandns
04-11-03, 09:52
Partizan v Real Madrid away 1.6@gamebookers
Last week in Madrid Partizan got good 0:1, and one could think they had to play very good match to get such a result against Real. But, it wasn't so, they played very defencive football, with only goal to not lose by many, and not get ashamed.
This time, thay will have to play more offensive, and Real will love it.

mikho
04-11-03, 10:26
my pick of the day is

Partizan v Real Madrid 1X @2.15 Gamebookers

Everyone says that it is hard to play in S&M. For Real Madrid there are no VERY special needs to win this game. They are favorites without big motivation, so I fancy 1X. Partizan will even try to win this game and write today's date in their clubs history.

Palini
04-11-03, 10:35
Football, Champions League, Asian Handicap

Celta (0) -Ajax (0) 2 ---> 2.30 @GB

I should know better than bet on away teams in Champions League, but everything looks good for Ajax today, everything seem to go their way at the moment, success leads to more success and good form is always worth a bet in my opinion.
Ajax is going much better in CL at the moment than Celta. This is probably Celta's last chance, but they must have three points today, but in my opinion Celta do best when they can defend and counter attack, but if they are going for three points today, then they probably will have to chose another tactic, and this should fit Ajax like a glove.

Ajax - a good, solid, sucessful team, going like the train at the moment. I'm not sure if they are playing at their best, but thet still get good result. They managed a 2-2 draw away against PSV despite being one man down, they managed to turn the weekend game against AZ around, Zlatan is knocking down opponents with his elbows with out being penalised... Everything seems to go their way at the moment, while Celta have all the troubles in the world right now.
I see clear value on Ajax, but still chose the safer AH-pick, than a straight win for Ajax, since a draw will also satisfy the dutch.

juankaan
04-11-03, 10:45
Match;

CELTA VIGO - AJAX

Pick;

DRAW @3.20 @Sportingbet

Analysis;

Both teams have a good defence.
CELTA manager said that his team is tired.. Ajax manager said that they know that CELTA is still a good team... This makes me think of a ery boring match !!!

AJAX will be happy with the DRAW... CELTA surely needs the WIN but are they able to do that ??? I think AJAX won't lose...
I also don't think that OVER 2.5 can happen here.

Score;

0-0 DRAW

Let's kick emm all !!!

Beezeri
04-11-03, 11:25
Lazio - Chelsea home win @ 2.35 (Unibet)

Lazio was leading long time in the last meeting at Stanford Bridge but Chelsea managed to get all 3 points with goals from Lampard & Mutu.
This is almost a must win for the hosts if they're going to qualify to next phase.

Angelo Peruzzi is out and he'll be replaced by Matteo Sereni, Jaap Stam is doubtful. Massimo Oddo is suspended and Luciano Zauri will be the most likely replacement.

Probable team: Sereni - Mihajlovic, Couto, Negro, Zauri - Fiore, Albertini, Dabo, Stankovic - Inzaghi, Corradi

Chelsea will have to do without Celestine Babayaro, Mario Stanic and Emmanuel Petit. Marcel Desailly is doubtful. Hernan Crespo will have a fitness-test and is 60/40 to play...

Probable team: Cudicini - Melchiot, Gallas, Terry, Bridge - Lampard, Veron, Makelele, Duff - Hasselbaink, Mutu

This is a risky pick anyway so keep the stake low...good luck!

Enrico
04-11-03, 11:32
My pick for today is:

Bruges - Milan 2 HT @ 2.55 globet

Milan absolutely wants to win this game to secure the qualification and to cancel the loss of two weeks ago.
They're in perfect shape, Inzaghi is out but Tomasson is playing great, Shevchenko is at top of his form and Kakŕ will inspire both strikers with his magical assists.
So I'm sure Milan will try to score soon and close the game in the first half.

JagaRa
04-11-03, 11:38
Partizan-Real Madrid pick: H/F Time 22@2,30 Eurobet

This is my pick of the day, I think that everything will be over in first half,and Real will easy win this againts Partizan who is in bad form!
Last 3 games in league Partzan was play againts poor sides like Napredak,Hajduk and Zeta and show very poor performance and I think that Real with full squad will win!
Odds on away win is very bad and i think that beter choice is H/F away win! Good Luck

UnderOver1979
04-11-03, 12:25
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE - TUESDAYS MATCHES : Asian Handicap

Besiktas v Sparta Prague
Tue, Nov 04, 19:45

Besiktas -0.50 & -1.00 2.05 Sparta Prague +0.50 & +1.0 1.8

It is not so easy to get a positive result from the first team in Turkey -Besiktas- in front of their fanatic fans for any team even Real Madrid or Manch United. Sparta Prague is not a super-team, in my opinion weak at defence and I think that Besiktas' offense will be unstoppable tonight. Sparta Prague has experience in europe but I think is a mediocre team and surely not capable to be dangerous for a good Besiktas. The only fear for Besiktas tonight will be the need to win this match and get points. This will make players anxious inside the terrain. But if Besiktas scores an early goal I see a huge win here.

I take the ashdcp -0.5 & -1 2.05 Sportingbet with much confidence.

Arbiter Elegantiarum
04-11-03, 14:02
Asian handicap: MU(-1)-Glasgow Rangers(+1) 1 odds 1,75 @Interwetten

MU have only 6 points in 3 games so to advance to next round they need to win this match. It is better for them to seal the qualification at home then in Athens against PAO. van Nistelrooy didn`t scored any goals for long time so it is right time for him to find the net.

Rangers are awful mix of international players(almost no Scots). They play bad football, almost zero techinque(excluding Arteta). Players from different countries, it is hard for them to consolidate. They are no match for MU. They`ll try to get draw by hard fight but I don`t see them succeding, they lack class to take point from Old Trafford.

MU win by two or more goals.

Axl
04-11-03, 15:09
My pick:

Lazio (0) vs Chelsea (0) - Home@1.90 Internet1x2

Lazio has taken a good practice last weekend in Serie A against attacking team Udinese… and the result is morale boosting to them. To me, they are more than well prepared to play against big stars attacking team such as Chelsea. Currently second in the group with Sparta and Besiktas following very closely behind, even a draw will jeopardize Lazio’s dream of qualifing to the last 16. They will be expected to play their hearts out for the 3 points. However, they will have one major defense setback in the absence of Stam and Oddo… but they should be very much confident in their offense… particularly in the on form Inzaghi.

All stars Chelsea will be in full strength when they visit Lazio with Mutu spearheading the attack. However, IMHO, the main problem with Chelsea will be their inconsistency (especially in their defense)… as to me, they are yet to play as a real team. More individual display will be expected from them… but that will not help much especially on away matches. However, still their offense is good especially with Mutu, Hasselbaink, Veron, Duff.. so on and so for in good form.

Now, as far as I can remember, Chelsea seldom do well in their Champions League campaign… and I think this will very much maintain the same. Chelsea need a win to enhance their chances to qualify to the final 16… but to get this win in Lazio will be quite a doubt to me. Udinese’s attack may not be as good as Chelsea… but to me (and only to me), they are close… so, if Lazio can suppress Udinese’s offense, they might very well hold down Chelsea’s attack with a little bit of extra work for the defense, that is. In terms of scoring, IMHO, Lazio is as good as Chelsea. Therefore, I will put a medium stake on home win at level term AH.

lucaatje
04-11-03, 15:11
Cork City - Longford Town draw @ 3.40 (Paddy Power)

Prediction based on stats. Cork at home this year meant 7 draws in 14 games. Longford town away meant 6 draws in 13 games.

I guess therefore there is some value in the odds on a draw, which suggest that there is only a 30% chance that this game will end in a draw...

Serbian_Ninja
04-11-03, 16:32
Partizan Belgrade v Real Madrid
Real Madrid to score first Up To And Including 25th Minute odds @2.05 Bet365

Real will atack from the first minute and i am sure thay will score in first 25 minutes!

DUDAS
04-11-03, 16:39
Hello!

My pick:

Panathinaikos - Stuttgart 2 - 2.35 at Gamebookers

Stuttgart in the change from Panathinaikos bases in the good form, on than speaks 1st place in Bundesliga and last victory on Frieburg. Victory this good chance for leaving from the group.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Weity
04-11-03, 17:48
For now just two comments from me:

DUDAS you can't take Stuttgart's away win because braileanul already took it. And the same goes for UnderOver1979 - Besiktas (-3/4) is already taken by prague.

Don't be mad at me, I am just saving your ass when you still have time to change your pick to something else. :wink:

zbrochu
04-11-03, 18:01
Celta de Vigo - Ajax Amsterdam (1/4) 2 1,90 Gamebookers

First of all Ajax is more experienced at european arena. They won against pretty good Bruggy and drawn with the giant - Milan. Celta do not impress me - they play not so well in league.

Ajax is the lider of this group and urgently need any points for be sure of qualification . In my opinion they are not going to lose here - they are too strong for Spain team. The only question is : are they able to score? 0-0 is pretty possible.

I estimate chances for this bet as 70% - 75%, so odd presents nice value.

Lestat
04-11-03, 19:53
My pick of the day is:

Lazio-Chelsea time of first goal-after 28th minute @ 2.05 (Bet365)

In this game everythihg can happen that's why I'm going for a goalless first half.In the last match between these 2 teams
Lazio were leading 1-0 with a goal on the 38 minute but today it will be a draw because the teams can not afford to concede an early goal.The team that will score first will probably win the match so that's why i belive the goals will come in the secound half or at least after the 28th minute.

Borte Cine
04-11-03, 20:17
Hello again. Tonight, the games are too difficult for me. And the other good bets were taken by the other. Here is my bet.. If someone wants to follow me, pls take this 5/10.. Not too much..

Dallas Stars @ NewYork Rangers
Dallas ML @1.71 at Pinnacle

Dallas Overal 7-4-1 are unbeaten in their last four (3-0-1)

The Last 9 Games between two teams:
===================================
6 Dalls winning
2 tie
1 NY Rangers winning

Dallas as away favorite 2-1-1============================
*Defenseman Richard Matvichuk (leg contusion) is probable for Tuesday's game against the NY Rangers. Right wing Jere Lehtinen (back spasms) is week-to-week
===============================================

NY Rangers as home dogs 1-1-0===========================
*NY Rangers has lots of injury problems.Center Petr Nedved (lower back strain) is questionable for Tuesday's game against Dallas. Center Pascal Rheaume (left knee) is expected to be sidelined until the second week of November. Right wing Eric Lindros (left shoulder) is expected to be sidelined until at least early November. Goaltender Dan Blackburn (shoulder) and right wing Pavel Bure (knee) are sidelined indefinitely
===============================================

This is the first time that Rangers are huge dogs on the lines. +135.

My Comment about the game:
Here is Dallas-favorites. New York Rangers is a team which is lucky in my opinion. Dallas has a huge winning record against Rangers. Rangers has too many injuried players. Rangers has home advantage. So that I take ML. Tie(Draw) is possible. If Dallas plays the game like the last 4, I expect a huge winning against Rangers.

braileanul
05-11-03, 08:33
Hello!

My pick:

Panathinaikos - Stuttgart 2 - 2.35 at Gamebookers

Stuttgart in the change from Panathinaikos bases in the good form, on than speaks 1st place in Bundesliga and last victory on Frieburg. Victory this good chance for leaving from the group.

GOOD LUCK!!!

i haven't seen till now... srry..... my prediction is already this.