PDA

View Full Version : Pick of the day 3/11

arsenalno1
03-11-03, 02:19
Pick of the day: B'ham - Charlton U 2,5 1,80 Premierbet

Charlton will have to do without their first-choice strikers and could find it very hard to score against defensive-minded Steve Bruce's Birmingham who's kept a clean sheet in five of their last six leaguegames. The hometeam doesn't score much, and will be happy scoring once and then focus on defending. One worry is that Charlton's Jason Euell has received massiv criticism lately, and could be interested in proving the critics wrong. I hope he doesn't..

The under-odds from Premierbet are very good compared to others who offer 1,65-1,70 (Unibet, Expekt etc.)

Blackhol3's written an excellent preview here: http://www.bettingadvice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12763

braileanul
03-11-03, 08:07
soccer - england premiership day 11
Birmingham FC vs Charlton Athletic Pick : Birmingham to win by one goal 3.6@bet365

Birmingham FC (4) with a very solid defensive in Premiership ( have conceded so far only five goals in 10 matches), home stats 3-2-0, meets Charlton Athletic(10), away stats 3-1-1.
Though winnings for Charlton came from encounters with 2nd half contenders, and it's clear to me that with 4th placed Birmingham will be a different story.
I see clear value in this pick because of the defense that Birmingham have and also not too many goals scored by them in current season ( they win games so far with scores 1-0 and 2-0) and to the other side a Charlton team who made it very well away so far in this season even without Bartlett and Di Canio, but as i said, against 2nd half contenders.

I also recommend here a half stake (5/10) bet.

GL to you all.

Freds
03-11-03, 08:57
Sporting Braga - Boavista X2 GB 1.39

A clash between two teams who have started the season relatively well in Portugal. Braga have only lost once at home (to Beira Mar) who beat Benfica last night in Lisbon. On the other hand, Boavista are unbeaten on the road and have lost only once all season. Clearly Boavista have the better team on paper and I expect them to put their 1-0 home reverse to Porto behind them. No major injury conserns for the team from Oporto.

Straddle bet to be safe.

Beezeri
03-11-03, 10:35
Looks like Birmingham-Charlton is match of the day...:wink:

Birmingham - Charlton X @ 3.3 (Expekt)

2 very low-scoring teams against here. It's all said above...

Birmingham squad:
Taylor, Tebily, Cunningham, Upson, Clapham, Dunn, Cisse, Clemence, Lazaridis, Dugarry, Forssell, Savage, Johnson, Bennett, Kenna, Morrison, Hughes

Out - Robbie Savage

Charlton squad:
Kiely, Kishishev, Powell, Perry, Stuart, Parker, Holland, Euell, Jensen, Svensson, Hreidarsson, Fortune, Royce, Dean, Johansson

Out - Paolo di Canio, Shaun Bartlett and Carlton Cole all are out. Plus Kevin Lisbie doubtful. Almost whole forward line is out...decreases already low goal expectation value

Axl
03-11-03, 14:41
I don't know whether this is late... hopefully not:

My pick

Birmingham(-0.25) vs Charlton (+0.25) - Away @2.05 Sportingbet.

Charlton is currently riding high with an unbeaten streak of 4 matches. Their home draw with Arsenal and home win over Liverpool... and their away win over Blackburn and Charlton have proven them to be rather dangerous.
Meanwhile Birmingham is not doing too bad either... especially with 3 matches unbeaten streak... but one main problem is they are not scoring goals. For the past 4 matches... they managed to score only 1 goal.
So... I think this match will slightly favor Charlton but I don't think Birmingham will lose... so Charlton (+0.25) will be the best choice for me. Good Luck! :wink:

Lakini
03-11-03, 16:10
My Pic of the day:

http://www.spiegel.de/img/0,1020,303935,00.jpg

Have a good week..:)

Borte Cine
03-11-03, 17:50
Hmm.. So this pick belongs to 3/11.. Tnx Tahoma for the info.

Detroit @ Vancouver
Vancouver ML @1.66 at Pinnacle
ML: Money back if draw

Vancouver has been the most succesful team in NHL so far with 7-2-2.. and has 38-20 scoring record.
Detroit has been very far from its real strenght. 5-5-1 and scored 34, conceeded 31.
Vancouver at home: 5 straight winnings and 1 tie games with 25-10. No lost at home yet.
Detroit away; 1 OT winning, 4 straight loses and 1 tie games so far on the road with 15-20 scoring record.

I am going with Vancouver ML.. Just coz of the statistics. I see Vancouver is unbeaten at home and Detroit has underachieving so far. The odds were 1.70 averagely but now they are 1.63-1.64 averagely.. I still think that it is valuable. But if someone follosw me, pls take it with medium stakes. Because it is a big clash. And Vancouver will be starting the game as favorite for the secand time in Vancouver v Detroit clash history.

Good Luck!

Borte Cine
03-11-03, 17:53
Off topic: braileanul! Really good avatar!! :lol:

FiDu
03-11-03, 18:20
My pick: Atlanta (+3) - New Orleans 2 @1.90

Hawks (0-3) are going to try to win their first game this season. It won't be easy, as Hornets (3-0) have the best league start ever. Atlanta will miss their best player Jason Terry (22,7 PPG, 6,3 APG, 5,7 RPG) suspended for elbowing. I don't think that Ratliff (out of form a bit), Abdur-Rahim and Jackson is enough to stop Hornets. On saturday Hawks were winning by 18 points and yet they have lost to Pacers.

New Orleans already beaten up Atlanta once this season (88-83 after OT). Hornets have nice squad with couple of yound and some experienced players (PJ Brown, Stacey Augmon, Darrell Armstrong, Baron Davis and David Wesley). They've won also with Celts and Magic. So they are good. Definately good enough to win today.

Pinnacle offers (-4,5) handicap for HUGE 2.13, but I was afraid to take it :P

franky
03-11-03, 18:29
MY PICK :

NIORT-LE HAVRE TAKE HOME @ 1.80 GB

Niort is strong at home and Le havre poor at away. After Istres wich lost @ Niort, IMO le havre will follow Istres @Niort.

Target for Niort : French Ligue 1 !!!!!! . Good luck.

Djape
03-11-03, 18:38
My 2nd pick for this competition is

Denver Broncos vs New England Patriots 2 @ 2.13 Gamebookers

see it here http://www.nflpunter.com/teamspil/default.asp?sk=Overview&us=seteamspil&teamspilID=91 !!

Cheers!!

Palini
03-11-03, 18:53
Yo, Fidu! You forgot to give us a bookie... Pinnacle?

FiDu
03-11-03, 19:09
Yo, Fidu! You forgot to give us a bookie... Pinnacle?
Yo! :D

this offer is in betinternet.

Bazanel
03-11-03, 19:21
Lottomatica Roma - Barcelona 2(-4) @ 1.85 @ Expekt

Roma play not so good in their championship , only 3 win , in 7 games. Barselona 6 wins in 9 games , not so good too , but better. Barselona won last Euroleague , and now , they want to do it again. Roma will play with some players , and it will be hard to them to go to win in this game. Only fans can help them , to do something ... I think , that Barselona will win this game.

Croatia 385
03-11-03, 20:16
Utah-Minnesota OVER 175 POINTS, odds 1,91 @ Betandwin

Well, I will be short, Minnesota is very, very strong this season, Utah is
without Stockton and Malone one of the weakest teams in NBA league and
outcome of this match is pretty clear to me. But even better bet IMO is
OVER 175 POINTS! Minnesota played pretty low scoring matches in firs 3
rounds and thats the main reason why the margine by the bookies is set at
175 points but nevermind that, the key is that Utah played pretty high
scoring matches so far this season, playing pretty fast attacks with not
much attention to defense and players like Garnett, Casell, Sprewell,
Olowokandi etc. will sure use Utahs casual defense play and score IMO more
than 100 points. Utah with their fast attacks will have many scoring
chances, score close to 100 points IMO, I expect total about 200 points and
its much more than 175 points spread offered by the bookies.

03-11-03, 20:48
I DIDNT SAW FIDU MADE SAME PREDICTION. SO I WILL GO WITH THIS ONE.

NBA Money Line / Handicap Halftime

01:35 New Orleans Hornets(-1,5) - Atlanta Hawks(+1,5) 1,85 1,85

INTERWETTEN

prediction: 1

new orleans are 3-0 so far. atlanta 0-3. atlanta is without terry tonight. and he is their best player. so with 0-3 so far and without terry, i cant see atlanta winning this match.

Borte Cine
03-11-03, 20:55
FiDu and fafko;

Arent they the same bets? Or FiDu didnt write his pick obviously?

Fidu said:

New Orleans already beaten up Atlanta once this season (88-83 after OT). Hornets have nice squad with couple of yound and some experienced players (PJ Brown, Stacey Augmon, Darrell Armstrong, Baron Davis and David Wesley). They've won also with Celts and Magic. So they are good. Definately good enough to win today.

======================================

Do i misunderstand or are they the same bets??

03-11-03, 21:04
FiDu and fafko;

Fidu said:

my mistake :oops:

Mistro
03-11-03, 21:30
Hi

Hmm all the best NBA picks are taken..so im left with Dallas.

Dallas(-13.5)-Miami(+13.5) 1 Odds: 1.91 Pinnacle

http://www.bettingadvice.com/showPredictionsLeague.php?idMenu=255

Mistro

milo
03-11-03, 22:00
todays pic is from NFL game between patriots and broncos
for me broncos are better team and should win this so:
NE Patriots v DEN Broncos 2 1.72 @gameboookers

Weity
03-11-03, 22:26
FiDu and fafko;

Fidu said:

I don't think they used the same bet. The difference is in handicap. FiDu took Hornets with handicap -3 and fafko took hornets with handicap -1.5. So if Hornets win by 2 fafko's bet would be won and FiDu would lose. Am I right?

Borte Cine
03-11-03, 23:17
LOL!!! You always follow my mistakes.. Hehehe

But this is OK..

Fafko made a mistake by picking the same handicap but then he corrected it..

It was -3.0 and then he changed it into -1.5 ...:)))

Answer: yes.. you are right on that point.. if hornets wins by 2 FiDu will lose his bet and Fafko will win it.. But no way :!:

NewOrleans will win by 7-8 IMO

casabel
03-11-03, 23:49
Ok ill try one NBA bet for today:

MIN Timberwolves v UTA Jazz -4/+4:--->1 (1.91GB)

I think that in Salt Lake City the wolves will dominate the game against a new Jazz team without the great players they used to have.Garnet is too good for them...

GL