PDA

View Full Version : MLB 10/8

godspicks
10-08-06, 12:23
Thursday, August 10, 2006

MLB
PITTSBURGH (GORZELANNY +200) Houston (Clemens)

Itís time to quote that Yogi-ism that has made us all big cash over the last few years. ď90 percent of the game is half mental.Ē The Astros just donít score for Roger Clemens. Perhaps itís conscious or subconscious animosity towards him for not being with the team all the time, but they are 6-15 their last 21 with him. For Pittsburgh, Tom Gorzelanny has a 1.71 ERA and .952 WHIP in his last three starts. Houston has lost 7-of-11 home games

With a hot pitcher and the Houston mental block with Clemens going, well take the 2-1 doggie.

Brent
10-08-06, 13:49
Two bets so far for today. 1. Chicago White Sox (Vazquez) vs New York Yankees (Mussina) over 10 runs 2.00 at Pinnacle. White Sox starting pitcher Javier Vazquez has given up 23 hits and 19 runs in his last 17 innings pitched at U.S. Cellular Field. Yankees starting pitcher Mike Mussina has given up 29 hits and 18 runs in his last 29 innings pitched on the road. My second bet is MLB Halfs (5 innings) Cincinnati Reds (Arroyo) vs St. Louis Cardinals (Reyes) over 5.5 runs 2.06 at Pinnacle. Cincinnati starting pitcher Bronson Arroyo has given up 26 hits and 17 runs in his last 18 innings pitched. Arroyo has not won any of his last ten starts. Cardinals starting pitcher Anthony Reyes has lasted six innings in only one of his last seven starts. Reyes has given up 26 hits and 18 runs in his last 21 innings pitched on the road.

[fin]juuso
10-08-06, 16:17
Some early game action.

San Diego Padres @ New York Mets

Padres 2.23 (Pinnacle) 5 units

SD: RHP Chris Young (9-5, 3.78 ERA)

NYM: RHP Orlando Hernandez (7-8, 4.97 ERA)

San Diego should be more motivated today. Mets won first 2 of the series and it's probable they will rest some players in this day game. San Diego needs to start winning some games again as the race in NL West is getting really tight and Dodgers are lurking a half game back in the standings. Chris Young has had couple of bad starts during last 5, but he is a very good pitcher and he has been really solid on the road this season. He has a NL leading 2.42 road ERA and San Diego has gone 9-1 in his starts on the road. His day ERA is 2.20. Mets starter Orlando Hudson has had 3 good starts in a row now, but has been a lot worse during the day time ( 6.40 ERA ) and at home ( 5.67 ERA ). He has been inconsistent this season, throwing some good games followed by awful outings. Never know for sure how he is going to pitch. San Diego has been a good road team this season, hitting better on road. I like them in this spot to avoid the sweep and 2.23 is worth a play imo.

Edit: Yep, odds started dropping a little. Mets with 4 backups in the lineup. Difelice, Tucker and Ledee have all seen very limited action this season.

Lineups

SAN DIEGO PADRES

1 Dave Roberts LF .305
2 Todd Walker 3B .278
3 Brian Giles RF .270
Adrian Gonzalez 1B .303
5 Josh Bard C .335
6 Geoff Blum SS .250
7 Josh Barfield 2B .286
8 Ben Johnson CF .225
9 Chris Young P .158

NEW YORK METS

1 Jose Reyes SS .295
2 Endy Chavez CF .299
3 David Wright 3B .311
4 Carlos Delgado 1B .259
5 Jose Valentin 2B .289
6 Michael Tucker LF .---
7 Ricky Ledee RF .241
8 Mike DiFelice C .000
9 Orlando Hernandez P .194

Brent
10-08-06, 16:47
Minor Leagues

Eastern League (Double-A)

Portland Sea Dogs vs Harrisburg Senators over 9 runs 2.00 at betandwin

Opponents are hitting .323 against Portland during the last eleven games. Garrett Mock will be making his first with Harrisburg. Mock had a 4.95 ERA with the Double-A Tennessee Smokies. Portland starting pitcher Jose Vaquedano has given up 104 hits and 65 runs in 86 innings pitched this season. Game starts in 20 minutes

Brent
10-08-06, 18:40
MLB

Milwaukee Brewers (Davis) vs Chicago Cubs (Prior)

Milwaukee team total over 4 runs 2.04 at Pinnacle

Chicago Cubs Milwaukee
Pos Player HR RBI AVG Pos Player HR RBI AVG
CF Pierre, Juan 1 25 .276 CF Clark, Brady 3 24 .286
2B Theriot, Ryan 0 1 .238 2B Cirillo, Jeff 2 17 .318
3B Ramirez, Aramis 26 76 .278 1B Fielder, Prince 21 58 .286
1B Nevin, Phil 9 24 .236 LF Mench, Kevin 1 6 .250
RF Jones, Jacque 18 55 .285 RF Gross, Gabe 9 31 .269
LF Pagan, Angel 4 11 .302 SS Graffanino, Tony 0 1 .277
SS Perez, Neifi 2 24 .255 3B Bell, David 6 36 .275
C Blanco, Henry 4 23 .250 C Rivera, Mike 3 6 .289
P Prior, Mark (1-5, 6.64) P Davis, Doug (7-6, 5.01)

The last time Prior pitched against the Milwaukee Brewers, he gave up eight hits and five runs in five innings pitched. Prior has lasted six innings in only one of his eight starts this season. The Cubs bullpen was abused last night as Zambrano did not make it through the fifth inning.

kattis
10-08-06, 19:12
Looking at today's action, I can't say that I'm really thrilled about something in particular.

After a good day yesterday (went 2/2 with Houston RL and Milwaukee ML, but unfortunately had no time to post writeups), I think I'll take it easy today, with just one low stake bet.

Firstly, I fancy the Minnesota Twins to continue in winning ways, as they open up a home series agains the Toronto Blue Jays.

I know Carlos Silva (8-9, 6.37 ERA) has not been the most consistent of starters for the Twins, but I feel he has a good chance to reach the .500 mark, as far as his record is concerned, against a rather slumping Toronto team.

Furthermore, Ted Lilly (9-10, 4.20 ERA), who will take the hill for Toronto, is coming off a week of rest, after missing his last start duo to a sore neck but, most importantly, is coming off two mediocre outings, which could be a sign of a downtrend. More specific, Lilly is 0-1 with a 7.36 ERA in his last two outings, which is not a good sign, considering that the Twins love hitting off left handed pitching.

I also like the Texas Rangers tonight, to start off on a possitive note, as they open a home series against Seattle.

After yesterday's offensive outburst and 14-0 win over Oakland, I think it's safe to say that the momentum is on their side.

Lefty Adam Eaton will take the ball for Texas, coming off a very short outing of less than an inning, due to an injection. This will be just his 4th start of the season, so there's not much to talk about regarding numbers, form etc., but I would expect him to be ready to go and somewhat pumped up, after what went on in his previous outing.

The opposing pitcher will be Joel Pineiro (7-9, 5.78 ERA), who is coming off a very shaky outing against Oakland, in which he lasted just 2 2/3 innings, giving up 4 runs on 8 hits and 3 walks and having no command of his pitches whatsoever.

I don't know if Pineiro will turn it around tonight, but a simillar performance against this very potent Texas line up might knock him out quick yet again.

Concluding, one bet for today with low stakes, just to add some interest in tonight's evening:

Double: Texas win + Minnesota win (2,94 @ expekt 3/10)

Good luck to all !!!

Cheers :wink:

wabalas
10-08-06, 19:50
what about kansas-boston? easy AW ?

kattis
10-08-06, 20:02
what about kansas-boston? easy AW ?

Easy? I don't think so..

I mean, the Royals may be one of the worst teams in baseball, but they've already beaten the Red Sox two days in a row and have, in general, given them a very hard time. They've really plaed Boston hard all season.

Just a few weeks back, they played a three game series in Fenway, and although the Red Sox swept that series, all three games were one run games (1-0, 1-0, 5-4)...

With Schilling on the mound, Boston does have a good chance to snap their current 4 game losing streak, but the odds are too low for them and for sure not worth taking, considering the fact that the Red Sox have not played really good ball lately...

I do see the Red Sox winning this one, but in my opinion, not one worth bettingwise.

Cheers :wink:

P.S. Another nice win for my beloved "Amazings"... :) Cruising... 8)

tomting
10-08-06, 21:05
yesterday didn;t manage to post but won a combo on HOuston + NY Mets.

Today I still go win Houston -1.5 run

Reason: Houston chasing wild card, yesterday amazing scoring lots of runs, Tonite clemens pitching (his star is 8.5/10) , Gorzelanny star is 6/10. With that I m confident enough to go full stake.

10/10 stake for me on houston -1.5

My other bets such as:
Houston ML + Nieminen 9/10
HOuston ML + Boston ML 6/10

Briefly check on Schillings star only 6/10 and Hernandex is 6/10. Both pretty hv same luck tonite, Very close to call but reason is i can;t see Boston getting Sweep and slipping the chance of a wild spot, as Minnesota has been running ahead of them now. They got to wake up now, I expect few HR from Boston tonite as Hernande is prone to giving away HR.

Cheers

Brent
10-08-06, 21:05
Minor Leagues

International League (Triple-A)

Durham Bulls vs Charlotte Knights over 9 runs 1.95 at Pinnacle

Durham starting pitcher Doug Waechter is averaging only five innings a start. Waechter has given up 88 hits and 55 runs in 52 innings pitched. Three of the last five games Heath Phillips has started for Charlotte have ended with eleven or more runs scored.

Eastern League (Double-A)

Trenton Thunder vs Binghamton Mets over 8 runs 1.93 at Pinnacle

Jason Jones has had five starts with Trenton and he has averaged five innings a start. Jones has given up seven home runs in 28 innings pitched. This will be only the second start for Phillip Humber with Binghamton. In his first start, Humber gave up six hits and four runs in four innings pitched.

Brent
10-08-06, 22:39
Minor Leagues

Pacific Coast League

Game 1 of the doubleheader (7 innings)

New Orleans Zephyrs vs Las Vegas 51's 2.29 at Pinnacle

New Orleans has been struggling offensively as they have scored a total of four runs in their last four games. New Orleans starting pitcher Anastacio Martinez has given up 18 hits and 13 runs in his last 15 innings pitched. In his last start, Las Vegas starting pitcher Joel Hanrahan gave up two hits and two runs in seven innings pitched. Las Vegas has a team batting average of .288. Game starts in 15 minutes

freebet123
10-08-06, 23:43
I have lost a few OVERs lately. Teams are chasing each others, they try their best not to allow RUNs. BOSTON tries to follow NYY; they are 2 games behind... Incredibly, they need a win, especially after losing last night to Kansas City.

Starting pitcher for BOS is Schilling, one of BOS's Ace. He's a little bit struggling recently (last 3 games), but he's really good at night. He is 14-3 (TW-TL) this season with ERA 3.81 for night games, and he rarely allows a WALK...

On the other side, Hernandez pitches for KC... He's really poor, 14.21 ERA in last 3 games, allowed 22 hits in 12 innings... Night games, he's not much better, win 2 in 9 games with ERA 7.40...

Enough to go for BOS tonight :D
I dare to take BOS -2.... you dare???
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

tennispicks
10-08-06, 23:44
Minor Leagues

Pacific Coast League

Game 1 of the doubleheader (7 innings)

New Orleans Zephyrs vs Las Vegas 51's 2.29 at Pinnacle

New Orleans has been struggling offensively as they have scored a total of four runs in their last four games. New Orleans starting pitcher Anastacio Martinez has given up 18 hits and 13 runs in his last 15 innings pitched. In his last start, Las Vegas starting pitcher Joel Hanrahan gave up two hits and two runs in seven innings pitched. Las Vegas has a team batting average of .288. Game starts in 15 minutes

nice stats u have ;)

freebet123
11-08-06, 00:08
NOTE:

Light rain in Houston... what do you guys think about the scores when the rain ends??? :D

Brent
11-08-06, 00:11
NOTE:

Light rain in Houston... what do you guys think about the scores when the rain ends??? :D

They have a roof on Minute Maid Park so no rain delay

freebet123
11-08-06, 00:16
PIT vs. HOU

Just look at last 3 games, 2 starting pitchers were more than GREAT, and ppl thinking about a sure UNDER with two weak teams and 2 great pitchers. Well, I like Under too, but no bet....

Houston's getting better lately and improve a lot in offense... People are afraid of HOU's batters can't score; so, PIT's batters are not better though. HOU's batting average is much better than before in last 10 games (.296). They still want to be in playoff, 4 games behind Cinncinati, 1 game infront of Milwaukee... If they want to be in playoff, they have to help R. Clemen, get the runs, and win the game.

Good to take HOU -1????

freebet123
11-08-06, 00:17
NOTE:

They have a roof on Minute Maid Park so no rain delay

Great news, Brent.... I dont' know anything about the stadium in HOU (honestly).... Thank you! :D :D

Brent
11-08-06, 00:20
MLB Halfs (5 innings)

Minnesota Twins (Silva) vs Toronto Blue Jays (Lilly) over 5.5 runs 2.02 at Pinnacle

Toronto Minnesota
Pos Player HR RBI AVG Pos Player HR RBI AVG
RF Rios, Alex 15 58 .317 2B Castillo, Luis 3 43 .291
LF Catalanotto, Frank 7 48 .312 3B Punto, Nick 0 31 .311
CF Wells, Vernon 27 83 .325 C Mauer, Joe 10 64 .369
3B Glaus, Troy 31 85 .267 RF Cuddyer, Michael 16 71 .264
1B Overbay, Lyle 18 69 .302 1B Morneau, Justin 30 101 .322
DH Hinske, Eric 12 29 .270 CF Hunter, Torii 15 59 .276
C Molina, Bengie 9 30 .275 DH Rabe, Josh 3 7 .308
2B Hill, Aaron 2 35 .297 LF Tyner, Jason 0 7 .314
SS McDonald, John 2 12 .216 SS Bartlett, Jason 1 19 .355
P Lilly, Ted (9-10, 4.20) P Silva, Carlos (8-9, 6.37)

I think a few of us will remember Ted Lilly who was pulled from his last start just 20 minutes before the game was to start because of a stiff neck. My half over bet on the game between Baltimore and Toronto was void because of him. Lilly has a 6.48 ERA in his last 16 innings pitched. Minnesota starting pitcher Carlos Silva has a 7.94 ERA in five innings pitched against Toronto this season. I hope Minnesota pounds Lilly.

freebet123
11-08-06, 00:23
MLB Halfs (5 innings)

Minnesota Twins (Silva) vs Toronto Blue Jays (Lilly) over 5.5 runs 2.02 at Pinnacle

I agree :D :D :D , just afraid that TOR can't score... but I like it (no bet to me).

SportsClinic
11-08-06, 00:38
Thursday, August 10, 2006

MLB
PITTSBURGH (GORZELANNY +200) Houston (Clemens)

Itís time to quote that Yogi-ism that has made us all big cash over the last few years. ď90 percent of the game is half mental.Ē The Astros just donít score for Roger Clemens. Perhaps itís conscious or subconscious animosity towards him for not being with the team all the time, but they are 6-15 their last 21 with him. For Pittsburgh, Tom Gorzelanny has a 1.71 ERA and .952 WHIP in his last three starts. Houston has lost 7-of-11 home games

With a hot pitcher and the Houston mental block with Clemens going, well take the 2-1 doggie.

Hi guys, sorry I have been Extremely busy with work, but I can only agree 110% on this bet. I am taking PITTS win 7 UNITS odds 2.50 BETCHRIS. the young and impressive arm will take over in this game GOOD CALL GODSPICKS on this game mate.

freebet123
11-08-06, 00:56
Hi guys, sorry I have been Extremely busy with work, but I can only agree 110% on this bet. I am taking PITTS win 7 UNITS odds 2.50 BETCHRIS. the young and impressive arm will take over in this game GOOD CALL GODSPICKS on this game mate.

:) SportsClinic, I can see what you meant... IMO, I still trust Roger Clemen so much.... Well, game has started... It can go either way.

Brent
11-08-06, 02:40
Minor Leagues

Pacific Coast League (Triple-A)

Fresno Grizzlies vs Memphis Redbirds over 10.5 runs 1.92 at Pinnacle

Ricardo Rodriguez has given up 18 hits and 13 runs in 11 innings pitched with Memphis. Fresno starting pitcher Nick Perieira has given up 55 hits and 26 runs in 48 innings pitched this season. Wind is blowing out to center at 13 mph so I think there will be a few home runs in the game.

firewall
11-08-06, 02:48
Minor Leagues

Ricardo Rodriguez has given up 18 hits and 13 runs in 11 innings pitched with Memphis. Fresno starting pitcher Nick Perieira has given up 55 hits and 26 runs in 48 innings pitched this season. Wind is blowing out to center at 13 mph so I think there will be a few home runs in the game.

the line has moved in a few minutes :lol: to 11.5 :roll:

Brent
11-08-06, 02:51
Minor Leagues

did you bet on it

firewall
11-08-06, 02:53
Minor Leagues

did you bet on it

yes... over 11.5 odd 1.980 , but no big bet

tomting
11-08-06, 07:43
yesterday didn;t manage to post but won a combo on HOuston + NY Mets.

Today I still go win Houston -1.5 run

Reason: Houston chasing wild card, yesterday amazing scoring lots of runs, Tonite clemens pitching (his star is 8.5/10) , Gorzelanny star is 6/10. With that I m confident enough to go full stake.

10/10 stake for me on houston -1.5

My other bets such as:
Houston ML + Nieminen 9/10
HOuston ML + Boston ML 6/10

Briefly check on Schillings star only 6/10 and Hernandex is 6/10. Both pretty hv same luck tonite, Very close to call but reason is i can;t see Boston getting Sweep and slipping the chance of a wild spot, as Minnesota has been running ahead of them now. They got to wake up now, I expect few HR from Boston tonite as Hernande is prone to giving away HR.

Cheers

Great Houston did the job winning 5-2
Unlucky Schillings can;t hold it in the 8th innings. If not it would be swept for me.
Sometimes just not my day.
Ok gtg to work now.