PDA

View Full Version : MLB/MILB 09.08

xldlktyk
09-08-06, 09:08
yesterday was a great night. La dogger made their 11 straight win after a tight game~ Cincinnati fought back with a big margin after a disspointing loss at 1-13. Colorado showed a strong desire of a victory, and good performance which made alot of trouble for Dogger today, and they was almost leading the whole match.
for tonight the odds for La dogger rised 0.2~0.3 both in Hd-Hd and handi.
and i think colorado r angry with 2 lose in row. andi think they want to do something for their pride. i guess they have fighting spirit now which also showed by their performance today. i guess it will be a tough game tomorrow for la dogger. i guess both team will play solid so my pick will be

under 8.5 4units 1.85 odds
la dogger handi -1.5 3 units 2.65 odds

meser
09-08-06, 11:39
After checking the card today, I wasn't very convinced by any play. Perhaps a more thourough study will make things clearer. However, with some productive days lately, it would be better to take a mini break today.

Some of my leans, though:

Baltimore ML against Toronto - Odds are great (2.53 @ Pinnacle) for the more inform team. Toronto can't seem to hit the ball as well as in the first part of the season, while their bullpen is shakier than ever. Halladay isn't at his best and Bedard has been constantly solid.

Reds ML against St. Louis - Fading Carpenter who has two consecutive average outings for the 1st time in 2006. A combination of Harang, Franklin and Guardado should contain the Cards offense. I see a 50/50 game, going with the home underdogs.

Florida vs Washington, under 8.5 - Two cold lineups, most of the runs in the yesterday's 4-2 were scored due to fielding errors and solo shots. Two inform pitchers - D-Train and Ramon Ortiz, both having nice performances against today's rivals.

Good luck !

[fin]juuso
09-08-06, 12:10
Something for the early game. Will add some more later.

Baltimore Orioles @ Toronto Blue Jays

Orioles 2.52 (Mansion) 5 units

BAL: LHP Erik Bedard (12-7, 3.85 ERA)

TOR: RHP Roy Halladay (13-3, 3.21 ERA)

Great price on Bedard. Bedard is every bit as good as Halladay, if not better right now. Last time out he was exhausted pitching in really hot 102 degrees and requested an extra day of rest after the game. Still, he only gave up 2 runs in 5.1 innings of work. 5.1 innings was a short start for him, as he is averaging nearly 7 innings per start in last 10. He has a 1.76 ERA in last 10, only once giving up 3 runs - all the rest 2 or less. He has struck out 74 batters, given up 44 hits and walked only 20 in 66.1 innings. Those are really impressive numbers. Toronto's ACE Halladay is an excellent pitcher always capable of throwing a great game, but he has looked very mediocre lately. last time out he gave up 5 runs on 10 hits, striking out 7 and walking 3 in 6 innings of work against White Sox at home. He has a 4.32 ERA in last 5. 3.86 ERA in last 10 is good, but he has given up alarmingly high number of hits: 77 in 67.2 innings pitched over L10. Halladay also has a daytime ERA of 4.17, while Bedard's Daytime ERA is 2.18. Roof should be open in Toronto today. Toronto's batting game has not been anything special during the past 10 games, while Baltimore hasn't hit that impressive either but they have good numbers against Rightys. This one is much closer than odds are indicating imo.

Brent
09-08-06, 14:32
Two bets so far for today. 1. Chicago White Sox (Garland) vs New York Yankees (Johnson) over 10 runs 1.94 at Pinnacle. What a game last night as there was eight runs scored in the first four innings and then the pitching took over. The Yankees were leading 5-4 going to the bottom of the 9th inning and I knew Mariano Rivera would be coming in to pitch. I thought the over bet was lost and I was upset but then Paul Konerko came up and smacked a home run to center field. When Konerko hit the ball I even had to yell like WGN broadcaster Ken Harrelson "You can put it on the board yyyeeeeesssssssss". For tonight's game I love the over again. Yankees starting pitcher Randy Johnson has a 7.04 ERA in his last 15 innings pitched. White Sox starting pitcher Jon Garland has given up 19 hits and 9 runs in his last 11 innings pitched.

My second bet is Toronto Blue Jays (Halladay) vs Baltimore Orioles (Bedard) Toronto team total over 4.5 runs 1.90 at Pinnacle. Baltimore starting pitcher Erik Bedard has given up 26 hits and 10 runs in 17 innings pitched against the Toronto Blue Jays this season. Toronto still leads Major League Baseball with a .289 team batting average and they have a .306 team average against left-handed pitchers. Bedard missed his last start because of food poisoning (I heard it was crab cakes) so we will see how long he goes today.

[fin]juuso
09-08-06, 14:46
Chicago Cubs @ Milwaukee Brewers

Cubs 1.90 (Mansion) 6 units

CHC: RHP Carlos Zambrano (12-4, 3.42 ERA)

MIL: RHP Dave Bush (7-8, 4.74 ERA)

Cubs ain't the most impressive team in the league, but they have been playing good baseball lately. They are 9-3 in last 12 games and today they'll have Big Z on the mound. Zambrano is one of the best pitchers in the National League. Very solid performer with excellent strike out numbers and he can hit the ball well also. Zambrano has been a road warrior going 7-0 with a 2.67 ERA in away games this season and has a miniscule 2.17 ERA in night games. He didn't have his best stuff last time out against Pirates, but had won 6 games in a row prior to that and is likely to rebound back with another strong outing here. Milwaukee's Dave Bush had a good start last time out, throwing 6 shut out innings at Colorado, but has had plenty of shaky outing also lately. His ERA is 7.50 over last 5 starts and has a 4.82 ERA in night games. He has been better at home with a 3.68 ERA, but hasn't won a home game since June 6th, going 0-3 with a 6.23 ERA in 5 home starts since. Milwaukee's batting game has been in a slump. They have lost 3 straight and are 4-6 in last 10 and scored more than 3 runs only 3 times during last 10 games. Neither team has very impressive bullpens adding some surprise element to late innings, but Cubbies with Zambrano at this price is very playable imo.

Texas Rangers @ Oakland Athletics

Rangers 2.22 (Pinnacle) 4 units

OAK: LHP Barry Zito (12-7, 3.50 ERA)

TEX: RHP Vicente Padilla (11-7, 4.34 ERA)

Oakland has been impressive lately. They have won 6 straight and went 8-2 in last 10. Their pitching staff is great and while they are among the bottom of the league when it comes to batting, they always seem to rise the level of their game in August. However, i'll bet agains them today. I like the way Vicente Padilla has been pitching lately. He has cut down his walk numbers and has been very consistent posting a 3.47 ERA in last 11 games and has a 3.98 ERA over last 5 starts. Very comparable to Zito's numbers which are 3.48 ERA in last 10 are 4.40 ERA in last 5. Zito is 1-1 with a 5.75 ERA in 3 starts vs. Rangers this season, while Padilla is 1-1 with a 5.40 ERA in 3 starts as well vs. the Athletics this season. Very similar record in h2h also. After winning 4 straight, Texas have dropped 4 straight now and are trying to avoid a sweep against the leaders of their division. Texas have the bats to outscore Oakland. Yesterday they outhit A's 12-6, but lost a tight 6-7 game. Let's see how it goes this time in the series finale.

[fin]juuso
09-08-06, 14:53
Two bets so far for today. 1. Chicago White Sox (Garland) vs New York Yankees (Johnson) over 10 runs 1.94 at Pinnacle. What a game last night as there was eight runs scored in the first four innings and then the pitching took over. The Yankees were leading 5-4 going to the bottom of the 9th inning and I knew Mariano Rivera would be coming in to pitch. I thought the over bet was lost and I was upset but then Paul Konerko came up and smacked a home run to center field. When Konerko hit the ball I even had to yell like WGN broadcaster Ken Harrelson "You can put it on the board yyyeeeeesssssssss". For tonight's game I love the over again. Yankees starting pitcher Randy Johnson has a 7.04 ERA in his last 15 innings pitched. White Sox starting pitcher Jon Garland has given up 19 hits and 9 runs in his last 11 innings pitched.

My second bet is Toronto Blue Jays (Halladay) vs Baltimore Orioles (Bedard) Toronto team total over 4.5 runs 1.90 at Pinnacle. Baltimore starting pitcher Erik Bedard has given up 26 hits and 10 runs in 17 innings pitched against the Toronto Blue Jays this season. Toronto still leads Major League Baseball with a .289 team batting average and they have a .306 team average against left-handed pitchers. Bedard missed his last start because of food poisoning (I heard it was crab cakes) so we will see how long he goes today.

Wasn't that Bedard's food poisoning a while back? Or has it happened again?

Only reason i could find for pushing his start few days back was a minor arm tiredness and exhaustion from the last game.

"Latest notes

Aug. 9, 2006 - 9:17 a.m. ET

Erik Bedard said Tuesday that his start was pushed back this week due to a tired arm rather than injury.

He'll start Wednesday against the Blue Jays. "Everything is fine. It's not that I feel bad," Bedard said. "I just feel a little tired. This is pretty much the most innings I've ever thrown consecutively, and my arm is a little tired. But I am feeling a lot better. These days have really helped a lot."

Source: Baltimore Sun

Aug. 6, 2006 - 1:07 p.m. ET

Erik Bedard's next start is getting pushed back to Wednesday. He'll be working on six days' rest against the Blue Jays.

No reason was given for the switch. Bedard is likely to follow Russ Ortiz and Daniel Cabrera in the rotation.

Source: Baltimore Sun"

tennispicks
09-08-06, 14:59
[quote="meser"]After checking the card today, I wasn't very convinced by any play. Perhaps a more thourough study will make things clearer. However, with some productive days lately, it would be better to take a mini break today.

Some of my leans, though:

Baltimore ML against Toronto - Odds are great (2.53 @ Pinnacle) for the more inform team. Toronto can't seem to hit the ball as well as in the first part of the season, while their bullpen is shakier than ever. Halladay isn't at his best and Bedard has been constantly solid.
/quote]

totally agree with your pick on Baltimore. Odds is realy great for the in-form team.

Brent
09-08-06, 15:05
juuso]Two bets so far for today. 1. Chicago White Sox (Garland) vs New York Yankees (Johnson) over 10 runs 1.94 at Pinnacle. What a game last night as there was eight runs scored in the first four innings and then the pitching took over. The Yankees were leading 5-4 going to the bottom of the 9th inning and I knew Mariano Rivera would be coming in to pitch. I thought the over bet was lost and I was upset but then Paul Konerko came up and smacked a home run to center field. When Konerko hit the ball I even had to yell like WGN broadcaster Ken Harrelson "You can put it on the board yyyeeeeesssssssss". For tonight's game I love the over again. Yankees starting pitcher Randy Johnson has a 7.04 ERA in his last 15 innings pitched. White Sox starting pitcher Jon Garland has given up 19 hits and 9 runs in his last 11 innings pitched.

Only reason i could find for pushing his start few days back was a minor arm tiredness and exhaustion from the last game.

"Latest notes

Erik Bedard said Tuesday that his start was pushed back this week due to a tired arm rather than injury.

He'll start Wednesday against the Blue Jays. "Everything is fine. It's not that I feel bad," Bedard said. "I just feel a little tired. This is pretty much the most innings I've ever thrown consecutively, and my arm is a little tired. But I am feeling a lot better. These days have really helped a lot."

Erik Bedard's next start is getting pushed back to Wednesday. He'll be working on six days' rest against the Blue Jays.

No reason was given for the switch. Bedard is likely to follow Russ Ortiz and Daniel Cabrera in the rotation.

It is in today's USA TODAY newspaper that he was scratched from his last scheduled start because of food poisoning

godspicks
09-08-06, 15:20
Wednesday, August 09, 2006

MLB
OAKLAND (ZITO -130) Texas (Padilla)

Texas has now lost four straight while Oakland rolls along winning 11-of-13. Oakland has won 4-of-5 with Zito who has a 22-5 team mark to Texas. Oakland is 24-9 their last 33 to starting pitchers with a WHIP higher than 1.300. They also win when they are supposed to, going a stunning 228-111 as a home favorite over recent years.

With the Rangers having been befuddled by Zito and Oakland sizzling, we look for the home team to cash the ticket again.

[fin]juuso
09-08-06, 15:33
juuso]Two bets so far for today. 1. Chicago White Sox (Garland) vs New York Yankees (Johnson) over 10 runs 1.94 at Pinnacle. What a game last night as there was eight runs scored in the first four innings and then the pitching took over. The Yankees were leading 5-4 going to the bottom of the 9th inning and I knew Mariano Rivera would be coming in to pitch. I thought the over bet was lost and I was upset but then Paul Konerko came up and smacked a home run to center field. When Konerko hit the ball I even had to yell like WGN broadcaster Ken Harrelson "You can put it on the board yyyeeeeesssssssss". For tonight's game I love the over again. Yankees starting pitcher Randy Johnson has a 7.04 ERA in his last 15 innings pitched. White Sox starting pitcher Jon Garland has given up 19 hits and 9 runs in his last 11 innings pitched.

"Latest notes

It is in today's USA TODAY newspaper that he was scratched from his last scheduled start because of food poisoning

Bedard missed one start couple of weeks ago against Tampa Bay, or rather it was pushed 2 days because of food poisoning he got eating sushi a day prior to the scheduled start. It's possible USA TODAY has made a human error with that as i can't find anything about a new case of food poisoning for him recently.

Anyway, best of luck with your bets buddy. Looking solid to me. I'll be rooting for Bedard not to give up many runs though :)

freebet123
09-08-06, 17:23
juuso]Bedard missed one start couple of weeks ago against Tampa Bay, or rather it was pushed 2 days because of food poisoning he got eating sushi a day prior to the scheduled start. It's possible USA TODAY has made a human error with that as i can't find anything about a new case of food poisoning for him recently.

Anyway, best of luck with your bets buddy. Looking solid to me. I'll be rooting for Bedard not to give up many runs though :)

I think he should be fine by now... I was stomachache due to food poisoning last night... but now, I'm good got fight... :D :D :D

To me, no bet on that game....

Brent
09-08-06, 18:36
Minor Leagues International League (Triple-A)

Syracuse SkyChiefs vs Scranton-WB Red Barons over 8 runs 1.89 at Pinnacle

Syracuse starting pitcher Gustavo Chacin has given up 16 hits and 10 runs in just 5 innings pitched with the SkyChiefs. Chacin has a WHIP of 3.18 :lol: . Scranton starting pitcher Floyd gave up 9 hits and 5 runs in 7 innings pitched in his last start which was against Ottawa to raise his season ERA to 4.54. Game starts in 20 minutes

freebet123
09-08-06, 22:43
Boston 65-46 (Road: 30-29) 8:10pm ET

Kansas City 39-73 (Home: 24-33) NESN, RTN

BOS: J. Beckett (13-6, 5.00)
KC: M. Redman (7-6, 5.38)

Most of Backett and Redman games went OVER this season. Last 3 games of two pitchers have gone OVER as well.

Last 3, Beckett gave up 13 runs, 20 hits and 6 walks in 18 inngings with ERA 6.50; Redman allowed 14 runs, 25 hits and 8 walks in 15 innings with ERA 7.62.

Last 12 games at night of Redman, 8 of them went OVER. Last 16 games of Beckett at night, 13 games went OVER.

There is one PROBLEM that Josh Beckett is very good vs. KC.

In last 10 games of BOS and KC, 6-2 O/U for both teams and bullpens are bad for both teams 5.45 ERA for BOS and 6.31 ERA for KC.

After losing 3 straight games, especially last game against KC, BOS is supposed to get back their emotion to stay on track in the chase of NY Yankees... No feeling, just fight for KC...

:arrow: I expect this game's going to be OVER 10 (full time)

What do you guys think??? Comments, pls...

Satyr
09-08-06, 22:48
--------------------------------------------------
MLB 2006: 60 W 55 L +26.06 units
--------------------------------------------------

Sorry for late posting. I'll be brief.

Angels (Lackey) (1.84 @ Pinnacle) 5 units

I'm aware that John Lackey (10-7, 3.28 ERA) had a rough start last time out, giving up six hits and seven runs in 4 innings of a 7-3 loss to Texas, but I've looked into his previous situations like this and there's a small pattern, he seems to bounce back strongly after a lousy start, and a game against the Indians who are in the hole morally (out of any playoff contention) I think he'll do the job.

The right-hander is 1-1 with a 3.86 ERA in two starts against Cleveland this season, and 3-4 with a 2.87 ERA in eight career outings against the Indians. Westbrook had some solid stuff this season

Westbrook (8-7, 4.45 ERA) will start for Cleveland. He snapped a three-game losing streak with a victory at Boston on Thursday, despite allowing a career-high 15 hits and six runs in eight innings.
Against LAA, not much better either.
He gave up 12 hits and seven runs - five earned - in 3 2-3 innings of a 10-5 loss to Los Angeles on July 17, and is 1-4 with a 4.11 ERA in five career starts against the Angels. He's lost four straight against Los Angeles since a victory on July 20, 2004.
With the way Halos bats have been hitting I just have to take them tonight with Lackey on the mound.

White Sox (Garland) (2.11 @ Pinnacle) 6 units

Nah I just can't not take a bite here. White Sox went into a deep slump not long ago and I strongly believe they're going to have a counter streak very soon, which should erase the most of the 9.5 game deficit behind the division leading Tigers and make some ground in front of the Twins (White Sox are currently 1 game ahead of Boston in the wild card race).
Sox will send out Jon Garland (12-3, 4.99 ERA) tonight. White Sox are 15-6 in games with Garland starting and he's 1-4, 2.88 ERA against the Yanks. Hasn't had much luck with run support but his numbers against the Bronx Bombers weren't subpar by any means. He's 8-0 with a 3.26 ERA over his last nine starts since losing to Detroit on June 8.
Garland continued his roll on Friday at Toronto by surrendering three runs and eight hits over six innings in a 6-4 victory.

Yanks will give the ball to Randy Johnson (11-9, 5.11 ERA), who is 11-4, 3.08 ERA against the White Sox, and that's pretty much the only reason why Yanks should be favoured here. On the other hand, RJ has struggled this season: road ERA (5.16), night games (5.02 ERA), last month (5.04 ERA). Yankees starter Randy Johnson (11-9, 5.11 ERA) is pitching at U.S. Cellular Field for the first time since Aug. 21 of last season. It was a memorable appearance for all the wrong reasons since he gave up three straight homers for the first time in his career and four overall in a six-run fourth inning of a 6-2 loss.
Enough for me to consider 2.11 for CWS at US Cellular field a great bet.
Their bats are waking up and Yanks' lineup is depleted as it is, with some new injuries (Giambi has problems with his elbow) White Sox should do the job here.

freebet123
09-08-06, 23:03
Just my thinkings about other games:

-Colorado vs. LA Dodgers - Jeff Francis is really good lately ==>> No Bet
-NYY vs. CHW, Johnson and Garland are unpredictible.... This game might go OVER (like Brent explains) ==>> No Bet
-CHC vs. MIL ==>> good to go for the Cubs
-LAA vs. CLE ==>> not bad to go for Angels

Well, those are my thoughts. Sorry, I can't write everything down here. I have 3 picks for tonight:
- BOS vs KC ==>> OVER 10
- CHC vs MIL ==>> Cubs (still undecided)
- MIN vs DET ==>> I might go for OVER 7 for 2 strong offensive teams (still undecided)

GL guys :idea: :idea: :idea:

Brent
09-08-06, 23:44
Minor Leagues

Southern League (Double-A)

Carolina Mud Cats vs Birmingham Barons over 9.5 runs 2.01 at Pinnacle

Carolina starting pitcher James Russ has given up 23 hits and 11 runs in his last 14 innings pitched. Birmingham starting pitcher Adam Russell has lasted only 22 innings in his 5 starts this season and he has given up 31 hits and 24 runs in the 22 innings. Game starts in 15 minutes

Brent
09-08-06, 23:52
Minor Leagues

Texas League (Double-A)

Midland RockHounds vs Springfield Cardinals over 10.5 runs 1.82 at Pinnacle

Midland starting pitcher Kevin Olsen has given up 24 hits and 13 runs in his last 21 innings pitched. Springfield starting pitcher Jordan Pals has given up 170 hits and 21 home runs in 126 innings pitched this season.

freebet123
10-08-06, 04:58
great OVER on NYY vs. CHW :lol: :lol: :lol:

BOS vs. KC total 9 (UNDER), so many chances were missed. I am :cry: :cry: :cry: