PDA

View Full Version : England Coca Cola League Championship (11-13 August 2006)

LuckyMan
09-08-06, 07:34
Odds From BWin

Friday, August 11, 2006
8:45 PM Wolverhampton Wanderers - Preston North End 1.95 3.20 3.55

Saturday, August 12, 2006
1:30 PM Stoke City - Birmingham City 2.95 3.15 2.20
4:00 PM Cardiff City - Coventry City 2.20 3.15 2.95
4:00 PM Colchester United - Barnsley 2.00 3.20 3.35
4:00 PM Hull FC - Derby County 2.25 3.15 2.90
4:00 PM Leicester City - Ipswich Town 1.95 3.20 3.55
4:00 PM Norwich City - Luton Town 1.80 3.30 4.00
4:00 PM Queens Park Rangers - Southend United 2.20 3.15 2.95
4:00 PM Sheffield Wednesday - Burnley 2.20 3.15 2.95
4:00 PM Southampton FC - West Bromwich 2.35 3.15 2.70
4:00 PM Sunderland - Plymouth Argyle 1.60 3.50 5.00

Sunday, August 13, 2006
1:00 PM Crystal Palace - Leeds United 2.15 3.15 3.05

ShrimpEr
09-08-06, 13:07
Excellent prices for Luton and Barnsley. Draws at Hull and Sheffield should also be considered. Will publish full picks later.

avok
10-08-06, 18:53
Team news from Wolves vs Preston

From http://soccernet.espn.go.com/preview?id=202783&cc=5739

Wolves striker Carl Cort will be forced to sit out the home clash with Preston as he starts a three-game suspension.
Cort was sent off during the 1-0 midweek win over Ipswich.
Lewis Gobern is set to miss out once again as he continues his recovery from a groin strain, while Leon Clarke remains sidelined by an ankle problem.
Central defender Gabor Gyepes and right-back Jackie McNamara remain short of full fitness following surgery to repair cruciate knee ligament injuries.

Preston manager Paul Simpson will be without skipper Graham Alexander for the trip.
The right-back was sent off in the 2-0 defeat at Norwich in midweek and North End were unable to appeal against the decision, so the Scotland international starts a three-match ban.
Midfielder Brian O'Neil, who has yet to feature this season because of a knee injury, could be pressed into action but a question mark remains over striker Danny Dichio (hip).
Winger Lewis Neal (ankle) could come into contention but Simpson still has a long injury list, with Joe Anyinsah (thigh) also sidelined.
Adam Nowland and Brett Ormerod are both recovering from broken legs and Youl Mawene, Callum Davidson and Andy Smith (all knee) are also out long-term.

Simpson said: "We know it's going to be tough but if we go there and make it as hard as possible for Wolves in the opening stages of the game, their fans are not easy as a home player to play in front of. We've got to make it as difficult for them as possible and make the home crowd work to our advantage."

From
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/4779359.stm

Wolves striker Carl Cort starts a three-game ban and he may be replaced by Leon Clarke.
Left-back Lee Naylor has recovered from illness, but Lewis Gobern is set to miss out once again as he continues his recovery from a groin strain.

Preston are without skipper Graham Alexander who starts a three-game ban.
Midfielder Brian O'Neil may play despite a knee injury, while Danny Dichio (hip) and Lewis Neal (ankle) are both doubtful for the match.

The two sources seem to disagree if Leon Clarke will play. Some can shed some light on this?

All in all seems that 2.10 @ Betfair (http://adfarm.mediaplex.com/ad/ck/45423?rfr=2569) on Wolves is a very good price against injury ridden Preston.

Michael_Dub
10-08-06, 21:19
Under 2.5 is another obvious pick for this match. The odds arent great though, 1.67 on betfair. But both teams hvane been poor up front. Preston havent scored and Wolves of scored 1 goal in both matches.

Rony
10-08-06, 21:35
I think is a good match to pick. Preston with such large list of injuries it will be difficult to pose some treat to Wolves although one of their main striker will not appear in the match and their defender too.

1 is a good bet put also X is a posibility.

I want to see more news about this match before to take a decision.

Especially line ups and weather conditions if anyone can post it here tomorrow

Sry for my english but I'm from Romania :)

GrC.
10-08-06, 22:24
Can someone give me some information about Sunderland Afc - Plymouth Argyle ?

ShrimpEr
10-08-06, 22:51
Coca Cola Football League Championship

http://images.skysports.com/images/badges/100x100/99.gif<U>Colchester United FC vs. Barnsley FC</U>http://images.skysports.com/images/badges/100x100/37.gif

Colchester suffered their second consecutive defeat on Tuesday having lost 0-1 to a medicore Plymouth side. The U's are clearly yet to solve their problems up front, with Jamie Cureton, Richard Garcia and Chris Iwelumo not being able to convert. The likes of Kem Izzet and Pat Baldwin also seem to struggle at this level, and veteran skipper Karl Duguid has not been the same since his injury. Bad luck is no excuse for two consecutive defeats. Perhaps lack of squad depth and quality are better explanations.

New manager Geraint Williams knows that he has to go shopping, but unfortunately he has one of the league's tightest budgets. I reckon that Colchester are in need of a total makeover, including at least two wingers, a left back, a center back and most importantly a decent striker. All positions require immediate improvements if Colchester are to survive this season.

On the visitor side we have Barnsley. The Tykes' ability to come back from 2 goals behind in order to defeat Hull City 2-3 at the KC Stadium demonstrates, in my view, two key points:

A) This young, pacey and well-balanced side has both the ability and the motivation to avoid relegation this season, and I dare to say - achieve even more than that. Barnsley's excellent midfield, led by McIndoe, Howard and Devaney, led the team to victory on Tuesday, and I believe we haven't seen the last of them. Manager Andy Ritchie has just completed the signing of Irish international Colin Healy, which I think would prove a major, major boost for Barnsley this season as soon as he is match fit. Could prove a decent replacement for Stephen McPhail. The attacking pair is decent and productive as well, with Richards and Hayes getting both on the scoresheet on Tuesday. Still, the need for a higher-quality striker is always there.

B) In addition to the aforementioned quality, the Tykes show high mental resilience and distinctive character, both of which are necessary ingredients for a successful English Championship campaign. There is simply no other way to explain the team's complete control of the game during the second half. I suppose the non-playing staff should be credited as well for encouraging the players during the break. Bear in mind the fact that this is the second consecutive match in which Barnsley's performance significantly improves during the second half.

Last season, Colchester United had to wait until the third fixture in order to pick their first win. They played at home, and their opponents were... Barnsley FC. This time, however, I'll go with Barnsley, as beating the current Colchester side would prove an easier task than beating Hull City. Just in case, I choose to take the draw-no-bet option as the price offered still represents value. High stakes.

horik
10-08-06, 23:03
Preston has only four defenders available for this match and this is their second away match in a row.so Wolves has some advantages

kirkhamtyke
10-08-06, 23:35
Are you sure you are a Wednesday fan?

You must be the only one who has ever had anything nice to say about Barnsley!

willieshing
11-08-06, 07:06
need more info on wolve vs preston. odds good here in singapore at 1.87 for home.opinions???

need more insider's info on sunderland vs plymouth as bookie run down to 1.65 on home win.why??? opinions???but it does appear sunderland has some solid performances already.

ShrimpEr
11-08-06, 07:50
Are you sure you are a Wednesday fan?

You must be the only one who has ever had anything nice to say about Barnsley!

Haha, possibly.
It's a good bet, though.

hockymania
11-08-06, 08:19
Agree with Rony on playing 1x on wolves. Wolves definitely look the better team to claim a win with the state of Preston's team, however i'm a little cautious abt the attacking side of the Wolves team. They seem to be having some problems with scoring, coupled with the injuries n suspensions to their front men, playing 1x wld seem a better option until they start having more fluidity.

An alternative would be probably to have a small cover punt on correct score 0-0 or wolves to win to nil. Preston wld probably try to play for a pt and to frustrate Wolves, n we all know that the Wolves fans do turn on their own players' backs when they are not performing. I have read that Preston were outplayed in their previous 2 games, however i do rate Norwich quite highly in front of their own fans so the 2-0 defeat was not a surprise. However the 0-0 draw with Sheffield Wed typically shows how Preston is doing now, rather toothless in attack n i guess more inclined to playing not to lose than to win.

Any opinions or info to my post would be deeply appreciated!!!

anotha mug
11-08-06, 09:03
I would advise caution on taking cardiff over coventry to the guy who was asking about it. Cardiff have started well, a good win at barnsley and a draw with west brom, but don't underestimate coventry. They looked good in beating sunderland and hit the woodwork against Southampton and had chances. I think few teams will go down to southampton and take anything. This has too many variables and as such I would stay clear and look for value elsewhere.

In terms of sunderland v plymouth it is another no bet, sunderland are lightweight up front and playing under themselves and plymouth slightly over themselves due in large parts to holloway's inital motivation factor which serves his club's well in the early months, but may later fade like it did for QPR. I could forsee all three results in here and as such would tell you not to get involved here either.

God i'm the source of all negativity this week, trust me they are value bets out there, just not either of these.

tennispicks
11-08-06, 09:06
Under 2.5 is another obvious pick for this match. The odds arent great though, 1.67 on betfair. But both teams hvane been poor up front. Preston havent scored and Wolves of scored 1 goal in both matches.

gamebookers has 1.7 odds :)

horik
11-08-06, 10:55
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/preview?id=202783&cc=5739

zzax
11-08-06, 12:17
Sunderland v Plymouth

From BBC

Sunderland boss Niall Quinn is waiting to hear whether an improved bid for Spurs' Andy Reid has been successful.
He has also not given up hope of signing defender Calum Davenport, who could be a crucial addition after Steve Caldwell's knee injury.

Midfielder Lilian Nalis (ankle) has been ruled out of Plymouth's side.

That could mean a second successive start for 18-year-old Luke Summerfield, or Bojan Djordjic could play on the left with Lee Hodges in the centre.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Sunderland must win this game in order to recover from the 2 losses. We donít have to judge too harsh on them, because they played against 2 very strong oponents Ė Birmingham and Coventry, both expected to make it at least to the playoffs. Last years Premiership disaster cant be healed over a night and Quinn knows that very well. Now itís a perfect moment to grab the 3 points hosting an average team as Plymouth. The visitors started well with 1 win and 1 draw. They won their game with Colchester, but I wouldnít make some general conclusions from it. Colchester are my biggest favourite to go down and this was only proved once again.
I can only imagine how hard will Plymouth find it at The Stadium of Light this weekend against a fully motivated Sunderland side, good home support and a strong team of course. Sunderland has Caldwell injured for some time now and thatís a blow. But I think this will not affect them too much this time as Plymouth isnt such a threat. Last season they won only 3 games away from home, but clinched a draw in 10 and lost 10. Also they never were a scoring team with only 39 goals scored during the whole season, 13 of them away from home. So expect them to play defensively once again.
Last time they played here, 1 season ago, Sunderland trashed them 5-1. This time perhaps there wont be the same hammering, but I fully expect the black cats to nail their first victory in the new campaign.

7 pts Sunderland @ 1.75 - 10Bet, Globet, Interwetten

Lihamylly
11-08-06, 12:55
I'm liitle bit more greedy and go for 1/1 in HTFT. They have to win and are coming strong from the start IMHO. Although I dont think they usually have tremendous firepower, but lets let today to be a little exception...

Sunderland v Plymouth

From BBC

Sunderland boss Niall Quinn is waiting to hear whether an improved bid for Spurs' Andy Reid has been successful.
He has also not given up hope of signing defender Calum Davenport, who could be a crucial addition after Steve Caldwell's knee injury.

Midfielder Lilian Nalis (ankle) has been ruled out of Plymouth's side.

That could mean a second successive start for 18-year-old Luke Summerfield, or Bojan Djordjic could play on the left with Lee Hodges in the centre.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Sunderland must win this game in order to recover from the 2 losses. We donít have to judge too harsh on them, because they played against 2 very strong oponents Ė Birmingham and Coventry, both expected to make it at least to the playoffs. Last years Premiership disaster cant be healed over a night and Quinn knows that very well. Now itís a perfect moment to grab the 3 points hosting an average team as Plymouth. The visitors started well with 1 win and 1 draw. They won their game with Colchester, but I wouldnít make some general conclusions from it. Colchester are my biggest favourite to go down and this was only proved once again.
I can only imagine how hard will Plymouth find it at The Stadium of Light this weekend against a fully motivated Sunderland side, good home support and a strong team of course. Sunderland has Caldwell injured for some time now and thatís a blow. But I think this will not affect them too much this time as Plymouth isnt such a threat. Last season they won only 3 games away from home, but clinched a draw in 10 and lost 10. Also they never were a scoring team with only 39 goals scored during the whole season, 13 of them away from home. So expect them to play defensively once again.
Last time they played here, 1 season ago, Sunderland trashed them 5-1. This time perhaps there wont be the same hammering, but I fully expect the black cats to nail their first victory in the new campaign.

7 pts Sunderland @ 1.75 - 10Bet, Globet, Interwetten 8)

eidur_22
11-08-06, 13:29
Pick: Under 2.5 Goals
Odds: 1.70 (Eurobet)
Stake: 5/10

Both sides are struggling in front of goal, Wolves will be without their best striker, in Carl Cort, Preston will most likely be without Dichio, whose physical presence is important for them. While there are defensive injuries, which could present the two sides with the odd goalscoring opportunity, I don't see the quality in the final third to convert these chances.

Preston don't usually concede very many, on their travels. Wolves home average, and Preston's away average from last season are both less than 2 goals per game.

This season, in the two games so far, Preston have scored none, conceding 2, while Wolves have scored 2 conceding 1. All the makings of an under here. Odds of 1.7 present reasonable value.

Greek08
11-08-06, 18:38
Leicester v Ipswich

Leicester manager Rob Kelly may make changes to his line-up as City look for their first points of the season.
The Foxes may be without Gareth Williams, Andy Johnson, Darren Kenton and Matty Fryatt, which could mean a first start for Josh Low.

Ipswich manager Jim Magilton hopes to complete a loan deal for West Ham midfielder Mark Noble.

Owen Garvan faces several weeks on the sidelines after being diagnosed with post-viral fatigue syndrome.

Lot of injuries in Leicester and the prehistory is good for Ipswich:

13-AUG-05 Leicester 0-0 Ipswich The Championship
19-OCT-04 Leicester 2-2 Ipswich The Championship
26-DEC-02 Leicester 1-2 Ipswich The Championship
08-SEP-01 Leicester 1-1 Ipswich Premiership
06-SEP-00 Leicester 2-1 Ipswich Premiership
29-APR-95 Leicester 2-0 Ipswich Premiership

Any comments? Thanks in advance

myke
11-08-06, 18:46
hi there! i-m new, here, my name is mike, i'm from romania.
i need some help, and i'm sure that you guys could give it to me.
for tomorow i wanna play on:
leicester - ipswich 1x
sunderland - playmouth 1
norwich - luton 1x

i've read what you've wrote till now, and i'm 80% sure sunderland is a good game to play. i want advice over leicester & norwich.
please help me, and excuse my bat English!

----------------------------------
all best regards from Romania!

Extremist
11-08-06, 21:53
Get serious, Coca-Cola was always heavily unpredictable. Upsets and draws everywhere where in "normal" leagues there is no chance of something like that. I always take lower eng. leagues and skip this one completely when it comes to betting. But it's pretty interesting to watch those games on TV after you make an assumption what will happen on the pitch. I won't lie too much when I say that in this league my assumptions come true in less than 50% games.

Michael_Dub
11-08-06, 22:25
I am no expert on Championship football but i will give my opinion anyway. Its a very tough match to call. QPR had a good result against Leeds, although i Leeds were leading twice and really should of kept it.

QPR are still in trouble and will struggle this year. Southend are similiar. However i have been more impressed by there start. Freedy eastwood as scored 2 in two matches. And by all accounts they played excellent in the first half against crystal palace. Seemed to callopse after that.

I think this is too difficult to call. But if i had to make a call i would go with AH on southend.

Zzax and shrimpEr will give you a more informed opinion though.

tennispicks
11-08-06, 22:42
anyone has info on Norwich City - Luton Town? I am thinking of taking Home Win for Norwich City at odds of 1.80 :D

kolioop
11-08-06, 23:56
I am going for it too :-) 1,9 betway:-) Norwich has beaten preston easly :-) before that they very unfortunatle to lose agains leeds. they have pacy and tricky Earnshaw who i theink will decide :-) and luton played badly and with low level opposition. No injuries in Norwich :)

kolioop
11-08-06, 23:57
some mistakes sorry next time I will write more slowly:P

Jan_Aage_Fjortoft
12-08-06, 00:04
I had originally thought about backing Sunderland, but the more I thought about it, the more I thought it was probably too much of a risk.

I watched their opening game against Coventry at the weekend and their defensive frailties that they had last season were still more than obvious at times.

Then I thought about how Plymouth would play. Hollaway has said on Plymouth's website that "I want to go there and get our defensive set-up right but also cause them some problems from set-pieces and general play.

So Plymouth will set their stall out and defend and try to hit them from set-pieces. What was the worst part of Sunderland's defending last week? The set-pieces.

Another question I had in my mind was who was going to score for them? Kyle and Stead were both on the bench last week, I'm not sure whether they will play this week, but Stead is surely still lacking confidence and I wasn't sure if either could score. There won't be many goals from midfield either I don't think with Miller probably being the only serious threat, I can't really see where the goals are going to come from.

Quinn also recognises these problems and said "The effort and determination was great [against Birmingham]. The next step is to find patterns of play, when we have possession, to create chances for our front players. We didn't do it well the other night.

"Our width isn't natural at the moment and we couldn't get the space to break them down and create chances."

..."They survived an aerial bombardment from Colchester away from home. That in itself tells us that we have to have more guile to break them down. That's what we've worked hard on.

"They have good pace and great team effort. We have to be a bit crafty. We know Plymouth's strengths and weakness but the main thing tomorrow is that we have to create."

Where is the creativity in the side? Most of their play is quiet direct and Quinn recognises himself that it unlikely to work against Plymouth. Arnau Riera might be a boast to the side but to be honest I don't know anything about him. Apart from Miller, there is Liam Lawrence but he hasn't been in the best form. Who do they have to open up a defensive side who will sit and wait for their chance?

So in the end, I thought are Sunderland worth the risk this Saturday? And the only answer I could give myself is probably not. Without a few signings they really are nothing more than a midtable side. Then we factor in that Plymouth are pretty much at full-strength apart from Nalis, and it will be a difficult game ahead for Sunderland and I'm not sure they have enough in them to claim all 3-points especially if it remains 0-0 for a significant amount of time.

Jan_Aage_Fjortoft
12-08-06, 00:27
The bet that really catches my eye is the meeting between Southampton and West Brom.

Southampton and WBA will both be pushing for a place in the Premiership next season. One of the main reasons WBA did not manage to survive last season was that they did not score enough goals when they were on top in a game. They created chances but they didn't really have anyone who would finish consistently. This year they have Hartson and he will surely flourish this year in the Championship. He got off to a good start last week scoring twice in their win. With Gera pulling the strings behind him, WBA look a very good bet to score in most games that they are involved in.

Southampton also have a very impressive forward-line. Burley has proved to be a shrewed manager in the past and has bought some impressive players this summer. Wright-Phillips will prove to be a big asset as he steps down a division and as was seen last week he caused defenders several problems with his pace. Skacel will create chances in this league and Rasiak is more than capable of scoring goals here and there.

Southampton also have problems defensively. Coventry were guility of missing several chances midweek and a better attacking side such as WBA should be able to take advantage.

The Southampton website also suggests that they have problems defensively:

George Burley faces a defensive dilemma for tomorrow's big six-pointer at home to West Brom.

Gareth Bale and Pele are both nursing thigh injuries picked up in Wednesday's 2-0 win over Coventry and will be late decisions.

If they fail to make it, that would leave Burley desperately short of cover with Claus Lundekvam out for around six weeks with ankle ligament damage while Michael Svensson and Darren Powell are both out with knee problems.
Young left-back Kyle Critchell has been drafted into the squad for the first time as possible cover for Bale, the leading scorer this season!

So all in all, I can see both sides scoring and if either side get 2 then we are in business. There is also room to cover the bet by backing the 1-1 draw.

Over 2.5 5/10 2.36 at Betfair is my main bet of the day in the Championship.

Maceda
12-08-06, 04:04
Over/Under picks are very hard to get. We mostly look at stats and once again find ourselves headbutting a wall in sheer desperation after the opposite has taken place. Like today the match between Wolverhampton and Preston... A lot of people tended towards the under 2.5 goals and look at what we got - 4 (!) goals. The best advice I can give, as a devout totals bettor, is NOT to bet on UNDER. If you're not sure about OVER refrain from betting. Otherwise you'll resemble a hen fearing to relinquish one of its eggs. I didn't bet, unfortunately, on the afore-mentioned total and am a kinda upset.
It's the feeling that matters, the FEELING. Stats mean nothing. Take the Vejle - Midtjylland match (2:5, 7 (!) goals). I spent hours trying to justify my in the end correct gut-feeling, but the stats stood firmly against me, namely their low scoring previous matches and Midtjylland's then-three previous domestic league games. I felt so sad when such a beautiful total (@1.75) was missed by the hesitant me. Life is what you make it, you gotta learn more about yourself as you grow older.

As for this league, I'd like to know if anyone here has anything about the 1st game tomorrow: Stoke - Birmingham, only the totals. Thx.

w0nd3r
12-08-06, 07:33
What would you guys tell about :roll:

Leiceter - Ipswich 1
Leicester is a pretendent for promotion but were unlucky against Lutton missing much chances for goal. They played well but with counterattacks Lutton managed to beat them. Ipswich is mid-table team with no ambitions for this season and travels like this one IMO they'll lose.

Norwich - Lutton 1
Norwich had difficult matches so far. Visit to Leeds when they lost just because of Earnshaw's misses. And a good match against the strong Preston. Lutton were a bit lucky against Leicester IMO. And beat the weak Sheffield. Anyway I can't imagine they won even a point in Norwich today.

avok
12-08-06, 08:18
Event: Colchester vs.. Barnsley

Team news from http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/5248254.stm

Colchester are set to be unchanged for the visit of fellow newcomers Barnsley.

Striker Marino Keith remains absent with a long-term ankle problem, while defender Lawrie Wilson could be added to the squad. New signing Colin Healy will go straight into Barnsley's squad after impressing in a trial.

Boss Andy Ritchie has no new injury or suspension worries, but has hinted several players are pushing hard for a place in his starting line-up.

Statistics:

Form

Barnsley
Aug 8, 06 Hull 2 - 3 Barnsley
Aug 5, 06 Barnsley 1 - 2 Cardiff

Colchester
Aug 8, 06 Colchester 0 - 1 Plymouth
Aug 5, 06 Birmingham 2 - 1 Colchester

Head to Head

Feb 25, 2006 League One Barnsley Colchester 1 - 0
Aug 13, 2005 League One Colchester Barnsley 1 - 0
Apr 30, 2005 League One Barnsley Colchester 1 - 1
Dec 07, 2004 League One Colchester Barnsley 0 - 2
Jan 10, 2004 League One Colchester Barnsley 1 - 1
Aug 09, 2003 League One Barnsley Colchester 1 - 0
Mar 22, 2003 League One Barnsley Colchester 1 - 1
Oct 29, 2002 League One Colchester Barnsley 1 - 1

Reasoning:
Colchester lost the first two matches this season. Barnsley did two good games one won and one lost. They are not unused to beating Colchester at home as their history shows.
I get the feeling that this will be impress the coach game for some Barnsley players. The Colchester side is unchanged and that probably means that their results will be unchanged :)

Selection:
I'll go for Barnsley straight victory @ 3.00 5/10
If you are more careful you can try Barnsley +0 handicap @ 2.20 8/10

willieshing
12-08-06, 08:22
wow ! it so appears the league is getting more unpredictable ? or is it? wolves and preston had been forewarned!both sides suffered list long injuries already so its anyone's game ...as it turned out....

leicester vs ipswich is good on agenda now, like someone said ipswich being midtable poisitoner with no passion.insider's on striking forces on leicester?? odds at 1.88 home seems good.

thegreatwolf
12-08-06, 09:15
This league is hardly predictable...if I want to have a chance to win I might bet against your tips...and then i would have a small chance. :wink:

w0nd3r
12-08-06, 09:24
This league is hardly predictable...if I want to have a chance to win I might bet against your tips...and then i would have a small chance. :wink:u r crazy aren't ya ? if you have a look at the thread for the last round u'll see how profitable were the tips zzax and shrimper gave

thank u one more time guys ;)

zzax
12-08-06, 09:35
This league is hardly predictable...if I want to have a chance to win I might bet against your tips...and then i would have a small chance. :wink:

do whatever you want with your money but here we all try to help eachother. Yor comment is nothing but useless to this forum so in future i will ask you to keep such thoughts for yourself 8)

zzax
12-08-06, 09:37
and yes - this round looks quite difficult in all divisions, not only The Championship. So I really cant advise anyone to go with full strenght on any game. Ive made my bets and believe Ill be at least on a small profit by the end of the day, but really think its a hard week to bet on english football this one.
So be careful 8)

delfino
12-08-06, 09:45
hehehe Maceda i agree with you, under/over is the nuclear weapon founded by bookies to destroy totally the bettors :wink: i wrote about this in german budesliga11 topic yesterday i dont like to repeat it here,

GL!

eidur_22
12-08-06, 09:52
Some good posts here, I enjoyed reading through them. I do agree about not going for Over/Under. Its probably where I have had the lowest hit rate of any kind of bet. Games change on their head with circumstantial things. The number of goals scored in a game, can be a bit of a toss up. So my advice yesterday was poor, even though the reasoning was probably fair.

I agree with Sunderland being risky, but i have gone for them. I don't think Lawrence has looked terrible yet, and I do think Sunderland deserved something from their two games. Plymouth are poor away from home, and that is one of the key factors. Also, I like Whitehead. I think he's more the sort of charector who can get Sunderland fired up. I think he'll be a key player in a Sunderland win, today. I expect it to be fairly tight, but I expect a Sunderland win, 1.8 is just about value. I'd be lying if I said this isn't one that I decided on, without feeling great.SO that's a very fair post, Jan_aage.Logically, the best bet on that game would be an under at 1.7. But, as I said I have little faith in Overs and Unders.

Sunderland "Should put Plymouth away today. Sunderland will receive a boost, with new signing, Arnau Riera cleared to play. Riera is a tough tackling midfielder signed from Barcelona. Known to have a high workrate, Riera is captain of the Barcelona B side, and should add a bit of class to the Sunderland midfield. He has been training with Sunderland for a couple of weeks, so he should be atleast a little familiar with the style of play.

I thought they were unlucky to come away with nothing at Coventry, and started well against Birmingham City, but couldn't recover from going a goal down. They don't deserve to be on 0 points, and I fancy them to set the record right today. I think there are a few good players in the side, and Whitehead who'll put on the captain's armband today will drive the team forward well. In Liam Lawrence they have one of the best players in the league.

Plymouth will miss the experience of Lilian Nalis, and will most likely be forced to play 18-year old Luke Summerfield in his place. Sunderland are without defender and captain Steve Caldwell, but that shouldn't prove too costly at home to Plymouth.

Niall Quinn should be eager to get his first win here, and anything less than the 3 points would be an indication of a long, hard season ahead. I don't expect Sunderland to do particularly well, this season - but I do expect them to beat a Plymouth side that struggles away from home (3 wins away, last season). 825 miles away, against Sunderland, Plymouth will most likely struggle today. 1.80 offered at Unibet is a fair price."

5/10 on Sunderland @ 1.8 (Unibet)

My Other bet is on Norwich. I got on at 2.0, I'm not sure what the best odds available right now are.

"Norwich are in excellent form at the start of this season. The defeat to Leeds was a quite unjust result, with Earnshaw missing several chances and hitting the bar. At home to Preston, they played some scintilating football, won 2-0 and left a fresh wave of optimism running around the club. This is a massive season for the Canaries. The last season that they continue to receive the parachute payments, and perhaps their only realistic chance of returning to the premiership, for a few years.

The only signing of significance was Lee Croft, who is a real talent. He's one of those players who can see a pass, and that is an invaluable asset. Huckerby and Earnshaw are proven quality in this division. After a season where a lot of new faces struggled to gel, and the loss of Ashton in January hurt the side, Norwich have much greater stability this term. At home, they're always very strong. Reading the comments after the game, the players and the manager were on a real high. Good on confidence, playing some top football.

They face a genuine test today. Luton Town have made a solid start to the season, after a quite positive end to the previous one. They've only lost 1 of their last 10 games in the division going back to the back-end of last season, but several of those games were against mediocre opposition. They lost 13 games on their travels, last season - and I fancy them to lose another one today.

I got onto the Canaries @ 2.0 on Bet365, but you might need to shop around for a good price. Anything over 1.90 is reasonable. This is as big a test for Luton Town as it is for Norwich City."

5/10 on Norwich @ 2.0

I also suggest shopping around for a -1/4 AH above 1.7. That's a sensible bet.

anotha mug
12-08-06, 10:01
Really really tough one this week. I could come out against them all this week. In fact I'm going too, all the games are wide open in this league. The only one with any potential is maybe Burnley away at sheff wed, as Burnley have started well and score goals and are difficult to break down, where as sheff wed are struggling to score. Even then it isn't on my coupon for the week, but if you really must bet on this league that would be my choice.

arsenalno1
12-08-06, 10:39
[quote="anotha mug"]The only one with any potential is maybe Burnley away at sheff wed, as Burnley have started well and score goals and are difficult to break down, where as sheff wed are struggling to score.[quote]

I agree Wednesday shouldn't be able to score here, but I think Burnley will be happy with a draw so I'll advise backing the under with high confidence and a small stake on the 0:0 correct score. Short comments here --> http://www.bettingadvice.com/showPredictionsLeague.php?idMenu=69

Barca_iz_gr8
12-08-06, 10:50
Tom Tomsk - Zenit St.Petersburg
2.60 2.70 2.71

It's a certain draw :!:
Zenit are undefeated for 6 games
and the last 2 times this 2 teams met the home side won
and now it's time for a peacefull DRAW

Tom Tomsk - Zenit S.P. X (draw)

CG
12-08-06, 10:51
2.60 2.70 2.71

hmm, when did these teams move to England? :?

Fulu
12-08-06, 11:18
2005-03-15, Sunderland 5:1 Plymouth :roll:

vant31
12-08-06, 13:51
2.60 2.70 2.71

hmm, when did these teams move to England? :?

apparently last night english FA allowed these two in the coca cola championship!

seriously, I want to take over 2.5 in southampton - west bromwich match. I would appreciate any info regarding important injuries or suspensions. thanks.

zeman74
12-08-06, 14:47
Hi guys,
it's an interesting topic about betting under\over, especially in this league.
Wolves-preston is a great exemple; everybody trusted in under bet, also reading your/our posts and looking at stats of both teams.
In general, I agree with you but i think in a football match each squad try to score, above all if someone do it for first; so when i bet under\over, i always, prefer over also because many goals are very incidental.

ShrimpEr
12-08-06, 23:51
Here's another one for you. I'd love to hear your comments about this and other picks of mine, as I reckon discussions between punters usually produce better results than plain tips. So leave them either here or in my little blog. Thanks,
-- ShrimpEr

Coca Cola Football League Championship

http://images.skysports.com/images/badges/100x100/31.gif<U>Crystal Palace FC vs. Leeds United FC</U>http://images.skysports.com/images/badges/100x100/2.gif

As both teams are set to figure in this year's promotion race, this is a game they will both strive to win.

Palace have lost plenty of key players over the summer, players who led them to finish 6th last season. First and foremost is the mighty Andy Johnson who signed for Everton, but also gone are Fitz Hall and Emmerson Boyce. Iain Dowie quit as manager to be replaced by England U21 coach Peter Taylor, who in turn signed Carl Fletcher (West Ham), Mark Kennedy (Wolves) , Leon Cort (Hull) and Jamie Scowcroft (Coventry). They join the in-form winger Jobi McAnuff and strikers Dougie Freedman & Clinton Morisson to form one of the league's strongest sides. Their record so far is perfect, however their opponents (Ipswich [2-1] and Southend [3-1]) were relatively weak. Note that in both games so far the Eagles started poorly and had to come back from behind, despite being the stronger side. In my view, this indicates that the team has not fully adapted to the changes, both of squad and manager. What's certain is that a promotion campaign requires good results against tougher sides, and Leeds is just one of those.

5th last season, Leeds had a medicore performance against Norwich in the opening fixture, luckily beating them 1-0 through a David Healy penalty. A much better show against Q.P.R on midweek saw them almost keeping a 100% record, however an injury time goal from a Q.P.R sub meant they had to settle with the undeserved 2-2 draw. The Whites had a busy summer as Kevin Blackwell worked to strenghten his playoff-finalist side by signing Geoff Horsfield on loan from Sheffield United, a strong goalscorer already proven as a decent replacement for last year's top goalscorer Rob Hulse. Additional signings are Aussie defender Hayden Foxe (Pompey) and midfielders Ian Westlake (Ipswich) and Sebastien Carole (Brighton). Ex-Luton star Kevin Nicholls signed as well, however he won't be playing for the next few weeks which is a blow. Also missing are fellow midfielder Richard Cresswell and first choice keeper Neil Sullivan. Eirik Bakke should be available again so he can stabilize the midfield alongside the excellent Ian Westlake and Steve Stone. Their defense, featuring Premiership-target Matthew Kilgallon, is a strong one, however they must avoid mistakes like the ones made by Stephen Crainey and Paul Butler against Q.P.R. Kevin Blackwell's tactical changes must also be examined carefully as they have cost Leeds their last match.

Leeds may be slightly weaker than Crystal Palace, but that weakness is generally the result of inconsistency as opposed to inability. That is why Leeds should prove a stiff challange for Palace's winning run. Keep in mind that both teams underwent big changes this summer and are still forming up. Leeds are yet to lose in London during the Blackwell era (May 2004) and I don't expect to see them losing here again. To conclude, my prediction is that both teams will lose points here in a hard fought game that will end undecided.

Michael_Dub
13-08-06, 02:03
This is a very tough one to call. I can see this ending like the Southampton vs WBA game. I would pick cystal palace myself. Leeds results/performances havent been impressive.

Palace have come back from behind twice to win. Although the teams the played were quite poor. I would be more inclined to go with under 2.5, but its very risky and could go either way.

My prediction is small stakes on home win.

firewall
13-08-06, 03:35
Over/Under picks are very hard to get. We mostly look at stats and once again find ourselves headbutting a wall in sheer desperation after the opposite has taken place. Like today the match between Wolverhampton and Preston... A lot of people tended towards the under 2.5 goals and look at what we got - 4 (!) goals. The best advice I can give, as a devout totals bettor, is NOT to bet on UNDER. If you're not sure about OVER refrain from betting. Otherwise you'll resemble a hen fearing to relinquish one of its eggs. I didn't bet, unfortunately, on the afore-mentioned total and am a kinda upset.
It's the feeling that matters, the FEELING. Stats mean nothing. Take the Vejle - Midtjylland match (2:5, 7 (!) goals). I spent hours trying to justify my in the end correct gut-feeling, but the stats stood firmly against me, namely their low scoring previous matches and Midtjylland's then-three previous domestic league games. I felt so sad when such a beautiful total (@1.75) was missed by the hesitant me. Life is what you make it, you gotta learn more about yourself as you grow older.

As for this league, I'd like to know if anyone here has anything about the 1st game tomorrow: Stoke - Birmingham, only the totals. Thx.

you are thinking like me ...

i will bet under onlu in one game in the all games in the world: Manchester City - Liverpool

tennispicks
13-08-06, 03:44
Under/Over is always a toss a coin bet but the chance of increase the guessing of under/over is based on stats. perhaps predicting the type of playing both teams will use base on the avaibility of the squad.

eidur_22
13-08-06, 06:26
I think there's value on a draw in Palace-Leeds, but its still not a bet I'm willing to take. I think there's a very high probability of circusmtantial things deciding the game.