PDA

View Full Version : MLB/MILB 08.08

meser
08-08-06, 09:52
August @ BA: 9W - 8L +4.84 units

Colorado Rockies @ LA Dodgers,
5 units on Dodgers ML @ 1.68
2 units on Dodgers RL @ 2.49
The Rockies are 2-2 on their roadtrip, but their victories came thanks to their pitching staff rather than their batting lineup - which scored 11 runs and hit a mere .181 in this span. It's now the turn of Byung-Hyun Kim to make his start on this roadtrip. The Korean's strange "submarine" pitching style is looks much more effective on Coors Field than on the road. He is 5-3, 2.75 ERA at home, but 2-3, 7.19 ERA on the road. And now, he'll be facing a red-hot team. The Dodgers won their last 10 games, averaging 7.2 runs and batting .311, while getting immense support from the bullpen also - 1.33 ERA in this interval. Greg Maddux (10-11, 4.49 ERA) made a very solid start on his debut for the Dodgers - he shutout the Reds for six innings, picking up his third win in his last three starts. Newly acquired Betemit and Lugo confirmed their value and Jeff Kent made a nice appearance after three weeks on DL: 2-for-5, 3 RBIs, 1 HR. I'm very confident in the Dodgers today ...

Cheers !

meser
08-08-06, 12:00
Florida Marlins @ Washington Nationals,
3 units on Marlins @ 2.01
I've avoided backing the Fish against tough Mets and inform Dodgers, it's time to start playing them again as they'll be facing a team which suits them more. Fielding errors plagued the Marlins again - they've made 11 errors during their six game homestand - and the bullpen posted an uncharachteristical 6.94 ERA in their last series. Well, I expect these things to turn around starting today. Ricky Nolasco is on the mound for them. The young righthander has had a horrible last outing vs the Mets, as he got us used to. Against the Mets in three starts, the rookie is 0-3 with a 19.96 ERA. Against the rest of the league, his ERA is 2.76. The Nationals aren't very solid either nowadays, going 4-6, with a low .225 average vs RHP in the past 10 games. Their starter, Tony Armas, also looks very shaky lately, giving up 6 runs in each of his last two outings, working a total of 6.2 innings. I'm going with the Marlins as small underdogs.

Good luck !

Brent
08-08-06, 14:27
Two bets so far for today. 1. Chicago White Sox (Garcia) vs New York Yankees (Wang) over 10 runs 1.91 at Pinnacle. In Wang's last four road starts he has given up 33 hits and 13 runs in 28 innings pitched. Garcia pitched against the Yankees in New York on July 16th and he gave up 9 hits and 6 runs in 7 innings pitched. Garcia has given up twelve home runs over his last ten starts. I expect we will see a few home runs in this game at U.S. Cellular Field. My second bet is MLB Halfs (5 innings) Toronto Blue Jays (Marcum) vs Baltimore Orioles (Cabrera) over 5.5 runs 1.87 at Pinnacle. Cabrera has lasted six innings in only one of his last five starts. Cabrera has given up four or more runs in four of his last five starts. Marcum has appeared in eleven games for Toronto but has started only four. Marcum has not pitched more than five innings in any of his starts.

xldlktyk
08-08-06, 14:30
6 units on la dogger handi -1.5 @ 2.35 odds

la dogger recently play really well. who will stop hot la dogger after its 10 straight win? especailly this time they take home advantage. COLORADO is obvious not a bad team. they played tight game today at the start . by their big effort , they only allowed la dogger made 5 runs margin >_<. but i cant see it will be easy for them to beat hot forum La dogger at next match. i can see a ongoing trend of victory for la dogger, and this time i guess the away COLORADO just cant do anything with it.

the odds for la dogger to beat COLORADO is 1.53 which seems very safe, but i'd like to go for handi -1.5
because it only need 2 more runs margin. ofcourse we all know close result with just 1 point difference rarely occur, but a 0.82 odds more is definitly worth for me to risk my stake a little little bit

any perspectives about this match r welcome~~ thanx

godspicks
08-08-06, 15:40
Tuesday, August 08, 2006

MLB
DETROIT (ROBERTSON -138) Minnesota (Radke)

Detroit is rolling winning four straight and 14-of-19. The home team is 16-7 in Brad Radke’s starts. Minnesota is 3-7 in Radke’s last 10 road starts.

Detroit has won eight straight in the series at home, with all but one this year. Detroit has won 7-of-9 with Robertson. They are 38-13 their last 51 overall and of course a stunning 76-36 for the year.

Satyr
08-08-06, 16:11
--------------------------------------------------
MLB 2006: 58 W 55 L +15.36 units
--------------------------------------------------

1/1 yesterday, Seattle-TB over 9 was void, they reached 9 in bottom 5th then went quiet. Cashed in with previously taken over 8.5 there, but won't calculate it naturally, treating it as a void bet.
Let's get on to tonight's card.

Astros (Backe) (RL) (2.48 @ Pinnacle) 5 units

Pretty expected to back the Astros in the 2nd half of the season, ever since Phil Garner took over 2 years ago they've pulled the come-from behind run in consecutive seasons. They do most of the damage at home, and are currently 8.5 games behind the division leaders Cardinals.

Tonight the Astros are opening a nine-game homestand, against their division foes Pittsburgh Pirates. The Bucs are the worst road team in the majors, boasting a 14-42 record. Brandon Backe (2-1, 4.38 ERA) will get the nod for the home team, a very talented pitcher, who is working on his pitching style a bit, adjusting it after getting back from the DL. His last time out he allowed just one earned run in 7 2/3 innings.
Houston, typically a home team for several seasons now, aren't doing all that well at their Minute Maid Park lately: Houston has dropped seven of nine games at home, losing three straight series there since taking two of three against the Chicago Cubs from July 3-5.

I think they make amends tonight and get back to the wild card race, quite possibly by crushing the Pirates. They already showed they can feast off Paul Maholm (4-9, 4.83 ERA), the rookie southpaw who limited Atlanta to two runs and five hits in seven innings, though he did not get a decision as the Pirates lost 3-2.
Maholm has lasted seven innings in back-to-back starts after failing to do so in six straight.
Both of his career starts against Houston came this season and he was awful in both, going 0-1 with a 10.13 ERA while giving up 15 hits and nine walks in eight innings. A lot of Astros' hitters have been able to hit him, we can only talk small samples though.
Berkman, Ensberg, Taveras and Huff are hitting lately and Maholm shouldn't be up for the task. Attempting half stakes on the runline.

LA Dodgers (Maddux) (1.66 @ Pinnacle) 5 units

Why abandoning the ship that hasn't shown any signs of sinking any time soon? The Dodgers won 10 in a row (during which they outscored the opponents 72-25) and have climbed back to only 1.5 games behind San Diego. Greg Maddux (10-11, 4.49 ERA) has adapted very well to his new team, Dodger blue have a brand new team chemistry going on and they seem to be clicking well both in the defensive assignments and putting men on base. Maddux is 11-5, 4.14 ERA in his career against the Rockies, who will send out Byung Hyun Kim (7-6, 4.57 ERA) has put the new meaning in the word 'inconsitency'.

The right-hander is 2-0 with a 0.57 ERA over his last two outings after going 0-2 with an 8.55 ERA over his previous four.
Kim has given up four runs over his last five starts, but the road game might be a tough one. Kim has a 7.19 ERA away from Coors Field, and opponents bat .335 against him in away games.

Maddux, on the other hand, is 6-5 with a 3.19 ERA in 15 starts at Dodger Stadium, where he's given up just eight homers over 104 1-3 innings.
With Kent back in the lineup and all these guys hitting I think Dodgers keep their streak alive after tonight.

Brent
08-08-06, 16:41
Minor Leagues International League (Triple-A)

Columbus Clippers vs Toledo Mud Hens over 9 runs 1.87 at betandwin

Well Pinnacle is a bit slow in posting totals for the minor league games but if you have an account at betandwin I like this bet with high stakes (9.5/10). There was ten home runs hit in last night's game and it just did not matter who was pitching they were giving up the long ball. Toledo center fielder Alexis Gomez hit four home runs last night and he is leading off again today. Toledo starting pitcher Jordan Tata has given up 16 hits and 11 runs over his last three starts. Columbus starting pitcher Steven White has given up 69 hits and 41 runs in 66 innings pitched this season. Game starts in 15 minutes

Brent
08-08-06, 16:43

Well Pinnacle is a bit slow in posting totals for the minor league games but if you have an account at betandwin I like this bet with high stakes (9.5/10). There was ten home runs hit in last night's game and it just did not matter who was pitching they were giving up the long ball. Toledo center fielder Alexis Gomez hit four home runs last night and he is leading off again today. Toledo starting pitcher Jordan Tata has given up 16 hits and 11 runs over his last three starts. Columbus starting pitcher Steven White has given up 69 hits and 41 runs in 66 innings pitched this season. Game starts in 15 minutes

Columbus vs Toledo over 9 runs 1.95 at Pinnacle :D

xldlktyk
08-08-06, 17:52

Columbus vs Toledo over 9 runs 1.95 at Pinnacle :D
hi brent what do u think about my idea of La dogger, this is my first post for mlb pick, i am not so confident~~can u say some ur opinion plz...thanx
~i am not sure if this post break the rule at here.. if it does..i say sorry at here first

freebet123
08-08-06, 19:32
~i am not sure if this post break the rule at here.. if it does..i say sorry at here first

It's good to see you back, xldlktyk... I think you are worried too much about "break the rule?".... I think what Satyr said before was to encourage you to study about the matches (games), read news, statistics of the games,... According to what you said that you don't know much about MLB, but I believe that if you're working hard, you might be an expert on MLB next season.... Just like Satyr meant that don't bet on the games without reasons...

:D Again, great to see you back... Keep it up, xldlktyk.... I like your pick too... and I will write something about that game later...

xldlktyk
08-08-06, 22:05

It's good to see you back, xldlktyk... I think you are worried too much about "break the rule?".... I think what Satyr said before was to encourage you to study about the matches (games), read news, statistics of the games,... According to what you said that you don't know much about MLB, but I believe that if you're working hard, you might be an expert on MLB next season.... Just like Satyr meant that don't bet on the games without reasons...

:D Again, great to see you back... Keep it up, xldlktyk.... I like your pick too... and I will write something about that game later...

thanx dude~yo still remember me~~and thanx for ur positive comment about my post~ it made me feel really good~~ i will keep work hard to be an expert 8) ~and i will looking forward to see ur post

freebet123
08-08-06, 22:26
Tuesday, August 08, 2006
MLB

Detroit is rolling winning four straight and 14-of-19. The home team is 16-7 in Brad Radke’s starts. Minnesota is 3-7 in Radke’s last 10 road starts.

Detroit has won eight straight in the series at home, with all but one this year. Detroit has won 7-of-9 with Robertson. They are 38-13 their last 51 overall and of course a stunning 76-36 for the year.

:) Everything's leaning on DET side now... DET is awesome, DET is 8-0 vs. MIN this season....
MIN's a strong team also... They dont' want to end the season with a losing streak vs. DET.... Radke and Robertson are slightly the same level (IMO)... This game can go either way, MIN might get back after losing last night. One thing I have to mention that MIN's batting average vs. lefties (Robertson) is .384 (last 10 games), which is more than GREAT....

Godspick, you should watch out for that game... This game might go OVER (but, i'm not very confident, which means NO BET to me)

AK47
08-08-06, 22:37
Tuesday, August 08, 2006
MLB

:) Everything's leaning on DET side now... DET is awesome, DET is 8-0 vs. MIN this season....
MIN's a strong team also... They dont' want to end the season with a losing streak vs. DET.... Radke and Robertson are slightly the same level (IMO)... This game can go either way, MIN might get back after losing last night. One thing I have to mention that MIN's batting average vs. lefties (Robertson) is .384, which is more than GREAT....

Godspick, you should watch out for that game... This game might go OVER (but, i'm not very confident)

I'm on the same page. In fact i'll bet on Minnesota tonite, i'm very confident with Radke, he pitched 8 innings in his last start despite his ailing shoulder and that only means he feels strong and capable enough to cool off Tigers' bats (and imo a healthy Radke is better than Robertson, if you ask me).

GL anyway.

kattis
08-08-06, 23:19
First off, I completely agree with Satyr as far as the Houston Astros pick is concerned and am on it myself...

I know Maholm has been nearly untouchable in his last two outings, but there are two factors against him: his numbers against Astros and the fact that his team is atrocious on the road.

Granted, the Astros haven't been exactly stellar at home lately, but I feel that this is the perfect opportunity for them to turn it around.

Besides, if they are looking for another big run, they have to get it going soon...

Moving on, I am also on the New York Yankees to start on a possitive note, in what is a HUGE road trip.

With Chien-Ming Wang taking the hill, coming off two straight shutout performances (against Tampa and the potent Toronto lineup) and the Yankee offense much stronger with the additions of Abreu and Wilson, it's really difficult not to ride them. They are playing really good baseball at the moment (and this is coming from a Met fan), having won 8 of their last 10.

I don't think that Wang will pitch another shutout, but I'm confident that once again he will do what he has been doing consistently all season long: keep his team into the game, letting the offense take care of the rest. Damon, Jeter, Abreu, A-Rod, Giambi, Posada is a really scary top 5 to have and I think Garcia is in for a really tough task.

While one can argue that Garcia has faired well lifetime against the Bombers (4-3, 4.23 ERA), the momentum is clearly on the Yankees.

Garcia is coming off a mediocre outing, giving up 5 runs on 11 hits against the lowly Royals, while the Yankees did rough him up earlier in the season for 6 runs in 7 innings, during a 3 game sweep.

Third choice for the evening, the St. Louis Cardinals.

They've won 3 in a row and seem to be getting hot again, while they made a big statement in yesterday's opener, with an impressive 13-1 victory.

Looking at the pitching matchup, I like Marquis a lot better than Eric Milton, who can easily get bombed. He tends to give up a lot of home runs and if the Cardinals are really getting hot - as I think they are - I feel Milton and the Reds will be in for another long night.

Marquis is indeed coming off 2 rather mediocre outings, in which he allowed 3 and 4 earned runs respectively, but then again Milton has not allowed less than 3 runs in a game since a shutout he pitched in early June.

Final pick for the evening, the Kansas Royals.

Call me crazy or whatever, but the Red Sox have lost their last 2 and don't look really good these days.

While the Royals are one of the worst teams in baseball, I'll ride Luke Hudson's hot streak, winner of 4 straight decisions, with the last one coming against the Chicago White Sox.

Earlier this season, Hudson faced the Red Sox in Fenway and had a very solid outing, allowing 3 runs in 6 1/3 innings, though ending up with a no decision, in a game the Royals eventually dropped 5-4.

As a starter this year, Hudson is 3-0 with a 3.52 ERA in five games and has 22 strikeouts and eight walks in 32 2/3 innings of work. Not bad for a guy pitching for such a mediocre team.

It's a long shot for sure, but I'll take the risk with low stakes.

Pittsburgh Pirates @ Hiouston Astros

pick: Astros -1,5 (2,40 @ sportingbetusa 6/10)
final 1-3 (pick won)

New York Yankees @ Chicago White Sox

pick 1: Yankees to win ( 1,85 @ sportingbetusa 7/10)
pick 2: Yankees -1,5 (2,25 @ sportingbetusa 3/10)
final 5-6 (picks lost) :evil:

St. Louis Cardinals @ Cincinnati Reds

pick: Cardinals -1,5 (2,35 @ sportingbetusa 4/10)
final 3-10 (pick lost)

Boston Red Sox @ Kansas Royals

pick: Royals to win (2,43 @ sportingbetusa 3/10)
final 4-6 (pick won)

Good luck to all !!!

Cheers :wink:

tomting
08-08-06, 23:28
One bet for sure,

See alot of guys on LA Dodger, I agreed, I am onboard too

(my star meter annotation: if lvl10 = Star look top best, lvl 1 = low star/no luck)

I checked the astrology of both pitcher, Maddux star (lvl9)look good tonite, Kim star (lvl6)is alittle above avg. It might come down to the bullpens. Not much to add, 10wins in a row for LA dodgers and the winning the league is not impossible for them if they can keep the running gtg.

Not full stake for me but high stake 7/10 on straight win 1.60 odds

Another bet interest me is Detriot

Robertson star (lvl8)is better than Radke(lvl5), and there is good preview above. So nothing much to say really. I love the twins so willl lower my stake against my favourite team.

Normal Stake 5/10 for me only on straight win.

TOnite games are too close to call coz My analyses show alot of underdogs might win such as Baltimore , Oakland and few more.

Well 2 plays for tonite are more than enough , save money for next few days games.

Brent
08-08-06, 23:43

Norfolk Tide vs Richmond Braves over 7 runs 1.87 at Pinnacle

The last time Richmond starting pitcher Cormier faced Norfolk he gave up nine hits and five runs in only four innings pitched. The wind is blowing out to left field so I am expecting a few home runs in the game. Game starts in 15 minutes.

freebet123
08-08-06, 23:47
San Diego vs. NY Mets
SD: W. Williams (4-3, 3.84)
NYM: S. Trachsel (10-5, 5.12)

San Diego's right-hander Woody Williams (4-3, 3.84) has lost his last four starts. He allowed five runs and six hits over 6 2/3 innings in a 7-1 loss to Houston on Wednesday. Williams is 1-2 with a 4.50 ERA and is 5-2 with a 4.64 ERA in 13 starts against New York.

New York's right-hander Steve Trachsel (10-5, 5.12 ERA) allowed eight runs and 10 hits over 4 2-3 innings of an 8-7 loss to the Chicago Cubs in his last start on July 24. He is 6-8 with a 5.44 ERA and two complete games in 17 starts against the Padres. The Mets are 8-2 in Trachsel's last 10 starts.

There is one fact I ignore in this game that SD went 1-8 O/U... Last 3 games, two pitchers allowed many hits; Trachsel allowed 23 hits in 13 innings and walked 8, Williams allowed 24 hits in 18 innings and walked 6...

These two pitchers allowed many fly balls which are good for hitting home runs.

I'll take OVER 5 in first 5 innings...

freebet123
08-08-06, 23:54
xldlktyk, I'm sorry for not writing about the LA Dodgers game. I'm not betting on that game, even though I like LA Dodgers...

Satyr
09-08-06, 01:06

thanx dude~yo still remember me~~and thanx for ur positive comment about my post~ it made me feel really good~~ i will keep work hard to be an expert 8) ~and i will looking forward to see ur post

Yes this is all I ment, just sit down and try to analyze the game, no matter if you're an expert or not, the point is you did the job, you tried, not just asked "what about this game".

And this is what we encourage here. You're welcome with your posts.

Cheers.

Brent
09-08-06, 01:43
MLB

Arizona Diamondbacks (Cruz) vs San Francisco Giants (Wright)

Player to have the most total bases in the game ?

Shawn Green (Arizona) vs Ray Durham (San Francisco)

Durham 1.87 at The Greek * Both players must start for bet to have action.

Shawn Green has not had a multi-hit game since July 19th. Ray Durham has had four multi-hit games in his last ten games he has started

freebet123
09-08-06, 01:44
San Diego vs. NY Mets

First 5 innings ended with 5 runs in total... My bet is cancelled... :(
3 chances were missed :( :( :( .... Well, no win - no lose....
Cheersss

freebet123
09-08-06, 02:15
One more bet today:

Tampa Bay vs. Seattle

Take Seattle -1

I'm sorry, no writeup for this game... but anyone has the same interest like ME?? :?:

Satyr
09-08-06, 04:01
Yeh I took Mariners (ML), so far doesn't look too good, the score is more than reachable (0:1) but M's don't seem to be putting any runners on, that's the problem.

Oh well. Go Mariners and Dodgers.

freebet123
09-08-06, 05:50
Yeh I took Mariners (ML), so far doesn't look too good, the score is more than reachable (0:1) but M's don't seem to be putting any runners on, that's the problem.

Oh well. Go Mariners and Dodgers.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The final outcomes please us... Congratulation...Cheerrrsss
Good job, xldlktyk!!! :D :D :D :D

Satyr
09-08-06, 05:51
yeeeeeeeeeeeeesss

Richie Sexson hits a grand slam (25) to center field. Ichiro Suzuki scores. Adrian Beltre scores. Raul Ibanez scores.

in BOTTOM 10th.

it's 7 AM here :D and finally I can go to bed. :D

Won Houston RL, Dodgers ML, Mariners ML, all 3 on singles and combined (in doubles)

yesssssssss

night guys :) http://www.cappingthegame.com/forum/images/smilies/7_15_5v.gif

Satyr
09-08-06, 05:52
cheers Freebet, good job tonight. We cashed in :P :)

Satyr
09-08-06, 06:01
btw, BA MLB crew did a great job tonight:

Look at some of this stuff:

Meser (3/3)

Brent

1. Chicago White Sox (Garcia) vs New York Yankees (Wang) over 10 runs 1.91 at Pinnacle
Blue Jays (Marcum) vs Baltimore Orioles (Cabrera) over 5.5 runs 1.87 at Pinnacle

xldlktyk (1/1)

Satyr(2/2) (+took SEA later on)

AK47 took Minnesota

Kattis (nice to see you back buddy :) ) had a couple of nice hits:
final 1-3 (pick won)
final 4-6 (pick won)
(lost with the Cards and Yanks but still what a pair of great hits on KC (2.43!) and HOU)

Tomting took Dodgers as well

freebet123 had nice hits, Seattle saved us buddy.

Anyways, great job guys! :)

kattis
09-08-06, 06:35
btw, BA MLB crew did a great job tonight:

Look at some of this stuff:

Meser (3/3)

Brent

1. Chicago White Sox (Garcia) vs New York Yankees (Wang) over 10 runs 1.91 at Pinnacle
Blue Jays (Marcum) vs Baltimore Orioles (Cabrera) over 5.5 runs 1.87 at Pinnacle

xldlktyk (1/1)

Satyr(2/2) (+took SEA later on)

AK47 took Minnesota

Kattis (nice to see you back buddy :) ) had a couple of nice hits:
final 1-3 (pick won)
final 4-6 (pick won)
(lost with the Cards and Yanks but still what a pair of great hits on KC (2.43!) and HOU)

Tomting took Dodgers as well

freebet123 had nice hits, Seattle saved us buddy.

Anyways, great job guys! :)

Indeed, good picks from everyone... 8)

On a personal notice, the fact that the Cardinals lost didn't bother me as much as the Yankee loss.

Out of all nights, it was tonight that Mariano Rivera had to blow the save, allowing a game tying home run in the 9th, only the second long ball he's allowed all season.

The Yankees had several chances to finish the game, including a runner on 3rd with 1 out in the top of the 9th, but failed to add that (what would have eventually been decisive) run...

Anyway, it's all part of the game.

Cheers :wink:

kattis
09-08-06, 06:38
Kattis (nice to see you back buddy :) )

Nice to be around my friend... :)

Unfortunately, my working hours don't allow me to post on a regular basis, but I'll try to drop by more often.

Take care... :wink:

lucaash
09-08-06, 08:55
Excellent work guys!!! Congrats to all of u!!! 8)

Chomik
09-08-06, 11:21
I must say that I don't even understand rules of baseball but I can see that you guys are unbelievable! I'm gonna follow you all the time now...